rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Is game the most important thing in life?

I know it sounds grandiloquent, but have been thinking in this stuff .

It came up from a thread where i read about how to become a Project Manager. I can't find the link, but bascily the guy recommended not to learn code, instead find the costumers, learn a basic amount of CMS, and outsorce the other stuff.

I like the approach. Software engineers have technical skills, they make easily 100k, but they still have to respond to someone, and that person is making easily five times more without the same qualifications.

I have met guys with really, really great jobs. Like giving classes of sports or cool activities to young hot girls.

I went out with guys of a semi famous band and have tortured my mind questioning myself how is posible that fame allows them to hack society norms and get away with the kind of shit they do.

I have been a bartender, i have experienced and saw a lot of my friends get raped by horny women.

But i also have seen this kind of people struggling for money.

I also have seen backdoor scenes of debauchery of the guys who organize the concert.

I have seen guys that were complete douchebags in school getting management jobs in banks and fake tits wifes.

I have seen the owner of the outdoor academy fucking the young girls also.

What i mean is that these guys are not so visible, they are not spoted as so cool at first sight or having girls throwing themselves at them like with the musician, teachers, bartenders.

But they are at the end the ones who are picking the big money, while still getting some ass.

They have not the talent or the technical skills, a lot of them didn't were rich before, they just had the kind of charisma and intelligence to network the right people and make the shit happen in the first place. They convince the producers to help that band or befriended that rich guy in college, etc.

So if you are not rich by born, is social intelligence the best skill you can have? it can't be outsourced at least...

Anaway, i still asking myself, why some of them wouldn't try to step into the spotlight.

Knowledge is the end goal in life. Experience and game are applied forms of knowledge.

Dumb young me missed so many opportunities it is crazy. So many people that I should have befriended moreso.

Still have a LOT of opportunities to come however.

It's kind of fun trying to make it yourself. Definitely gives you more skills over the average person.

You can befriend anyone with game, learn how to raise your value. I have had moments where I was killing it so hard people thought I was some rockstar.

It also opens up your brain, allowing access to more of it. In a VERY weird way.

Not game necessarily, but strong social skills will definitely take you further in life than anything else. For example, there are tens of millions of people walking around who make a living in sales. When doing sales, literally your entire job comes down to getting people to sign a purchasing contract of some type. That's it. Social skills are everything. You wouldn't believe how many men are millionaires simply because they've got a lot of friends and understand how to leverage that network into money.

It makes sense when you realize that ultimately the only form of wealth is human capital. This means that people who can exert control over human capital are in a position to benefit. For a small example, think about the last time you moved. If you are a very sociable guy with a large network of friends, you might have been able to convince four of your buddies to help move your shit, one of whom happens to have a big truck. Or maybe you have a friend who has a connection with a moving company and got you a heavily discounted rate. On the flip side, if you're a guy with no friends, you're either stuck moving everything yourself or else paying handsomely to have someone do it for you.

Every type of business/corporation is just a magnified version of the same principle. The leaders of the business are simply organizing human capital toward a productive end. They are directing the labor of others to achieve a certain goal, then profiting off that work. Having strong social skills is, whether people consciously realize it or not, doing basically the same thing. The guy who comes out ahead of everyone else is invariably not the guy who is the most technically knowledgeable or talented, it's the guy who understands how to leverage the work of other people while reaping the benefits for himself.

[size=8pt]"For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.”[/size] [size=7pt] - Romans 8:18[/size]

Quote: (11-11-2014 04:57 PM)scorpion Wrote:  

Not game necessarily, but strong social skills will definitely take you further in life than anything else.

The guy who comes out ahead of everyone else is invariably not the guy who is the most technically knowledgeable or talented, it's the guy who understands how to leverage the work of other people while reaping the benefits for himself.

This is an important point to highlight that I learned the hard way. If you're the most intelligent person in the world, but no one knows who the fuck you are, there's a good chance you're probably going to be stuck in some mediocre job and barely surviving. However, when you use that same intellect to take advantage of other people and get opportunities along the way, it starts to take you somewhere.

I've seen people (mostly women) land jobs where they did literally next to nothing because they knew the right person. It isn't a meritocracy out there.

I'd say family is.

If someone told me I could have been born an orphan and could never have children or marry into a family but have extreme game I think I'd have to turn it down. Same with a ton of wealth.

SENS Foundation - help stop age-related diseases

Quote: (05-19-2016 12:01 PM)Giovonny Wrote:  
If I talk to 100 19 year old girls, at least one of them is getting fucked!
Quote:WestIndianArchie Wrote:
Am I reacting to her? No pussy, all problems
Or
Is she reacting to me? All pussy, no problems

Let Conan teach us what is most important in life.

Quote: (11-11-2014 04:57 PM)scorpion Wrote:  

Not game necessarily, but strong social skills will definitely take you further in life than anything else.
It makes sense when you realize that ultimately the only form of wealth is human capital. This means that people who can exert control over human capital are in a position to benefit...The leaders of the business are simply organizing human capital toward a productive end. They are directing the labor of others to achieve a certain goal, then profiting off that work. Having strong social skills is, whether people consciously realize it or not, doing basically the same thing. The guy who comes out ahead of everyone else is invariably not the guy who is the most technically knowledgeable or talented, it's the guy who understands how to leverage the work of other people while reaping the benefits for himself.

Great points. Reminds me of this quote by Will Durant, who adds the role of finance behind even that:

"History reports that the men who can manage men manage the men who can manage only things, and the men who can manage money manage all.”

I would add that above all else, sheer personal effort is most important. If you are willing to work when others sleep, take the risks that they they fear, honestly find your own strengths and then bet big on them, then you will get to where they can't.

Quote: (11-12-2014 12:45 AM)poutsara Wrote:  

Great points. Reminds me of this quote by Will Durant, who adds the role of finance behind even that:

"History reports that the men who can manage men manage the men who can manage only things, and the men who can manage money manage all.”

Even the most charismatic CEO still has to answer to the shareholders.

Pay a fuckload of money to have my stuff professionally moved? Well if I have a much greater fuckload of money then I don't care and I'll go to the beach while someone else sweats.

While being social and having a lot of friends is a quick route to jump start, as some point I think you need to deliver the goods. A lot of the super successful, Bill Gates, Warren Buffet had an immense passion in what they were doing, and were very very good at it.

The other side of the coin is sheer popularity. Again this needs to be prefaced by ability. For whatever reasons a lot of society will happily excuse whatever liaisons these people take. Michael Jackson, Woody Allen etc. "Yah they liked kids a bit too much. But I'll let it slide..." Donald Sterling makes one off hand racist comment in a private conversation, and because he isn't cool and doesn't have near the name power of Jackson, well his billion dollar empire is in shambles.

I say health is the most important thing in life .... without health all the game or money in the world is not gonna make you feel any better. If you are sick all the time or can't function properly.

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

Having Health, Wealth, Love and Happiness are known as the "Good Life"

But for me, Impact, is the most important thing. Change people's lives.