rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How Do You Play Your Day Game?

Ever since I started reading Roosh I made it a point to go out of my way at least several times a week to be out in public just to approach women. I'd stroll through the supermarkets, bookstores, coffee shops, and retail stores around me just to see what was "on display".

Lately, I've been feeling like I'm acting pretty desperate doing this and it often feels like a waste of time. The pickings are pretty slim and most approaches don't get a very positive response. I've gotten numbers and a few dates from this method but have only managed to bag 2 girls in a year and a half of this. Maybe my game is weak, maybe the day scene here is rotten, or maybe both.

Better than sitting in my room and watching YouTube, I guess... [Image: idea.gif]

So the question is: do you frequent some places just to look for chicks during the day or do you approach what you naturally run into in your day-to-day life? What's your success rate?

I admit I've had zero luck with this (granted its only been a month with beginner game at best) but I've definitely made a point to just get out of the house just because I can. I figure sitting on my laptop at Starbucks with the chance of a prospect walking in is better then sitting at home.

From what I've noticed in the DC area and its suburbs is everyones in a big fucking hurry. Girls go through Starbucks like Sherman to the sea. I might get flogged for this but I think daytime coffeeshop game has more luck to it. Ive gone to the same location and one day its all dudes the next there's a few college cuties.

If anything its good practice.

Chef In Jeans
A culinary website for men

Quote: (04-13-2011 07:37 PM)Chad Daring Wrote:  

From what I've noticed in the DC area and its suburbs is everyones in a big fucking hurry.

Yeah, this has been a big problem for me too, especially at grocery stores. The Power Shoppers never let you get a word in. And forget those with iPods in their heads. A lot of times I'll stroll up next to a chick and before I think of something to say she runs off. It's like a 5-second window. I've lost many to that small amount of hesitation, but considering how eager they are to get out of the store my guess is that a conversation wouldn't have happened anyway.

But it goes without saying: NEVER hesitate!

Your syntax and writing has the voice of a lady.

Quote: (04-13-2011 07:09 PM)CupCake Wrote:  

The pickings are pretty slim

Once I read that line I immediately thought "this guy has to be from the DC area"....LOL. It's starting to get warmer and I'm trying to find a decent place around here to day game. But its hard! Which is amazing with the amount of people that live here and all the surrounding colleges. I'm all about efficiency and I want to do as many approaches as I can in a short time.
The problem with this hell hole is that I might see a 7 or 8 once every hour and that's if I'm in a crowded area downtown. Where i live in MD it's even worse.

But to answer your question I do look for places where I can day game. Around union station can be pretty good sometimes.

Quote: (04-13-2011 08:33 PM)kickboxer Wrote:  

Your syntax and writing has the voice of a lady.

Like, whatever. [Image: dodgy.gif]

I'm still trying to figure out good spots for day game here. Sucks because my city is a car city. No trains or subways here.

Quote: (04-13-2011 08:18 PM)CupCake Wrote:  

From what I've noticed in the DC area and its suburbs is everyones in a big fucking hurry.

Yeah, this has been a big problem for me too, especially at grocery stores. The Power Shoppers never let you get a word in. And forget those with iPods in their heads. A lot of times I'll stroll up next to a chick and before I think of something to say she runs off. It's like a 5-second window. I've lost many to that small amount of hesitation, but considering how eager they are to get out of the store my guess is that a conversation wouldn't have happened anyway.

You just need some sort of gimmick or a more aggressive approach to get them to pay attention.

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

CupCake -

Where are you based out of?

You have left a couple of posts that have me scratching my head. It seems like your location could be one of your biggest problems.

^That does make a difference. It's getting warmer now in a lot of places across the States, so opportunities for day game should pick up. You really aren't going to have much luck stopping anyone when it is freezing outside.

Quote: (04-13-2011 07:09 PM)CupCake Wrote:  

Better than sitting in my room and watching YouTube, I guess... [Image: idea.gif]

And by youtube, you mean redtube! [Image: icon_lol.gif]

I might get flogged for this but I think daytime coffeeshop game has more luck to it.

It's situational man, each day is gonna bring something different. Nothing wrong with meeting a girl at a coffee shop though. Just don't take her on a date there... obviously.

Quote: (04-14-2011 07:57 AM)Gmac Wrote:  

Quote: (04-13-2011 08:18 PM)CupCake Wrote:  

You just need some sort of gimmick or a more aggressive approach to get them to pay attention.
I remember (I think from Bang) Roosh mentioned using a sketchbook as a prop at the bar, do things like this work for day game? Would you have to go WAY beyond that though, since most people go to a coffee shop with a book/computer/pad/notebook?

Do I need to invest in an afro wig?!

Chef In Jeans
A culinary website for men

Compared to cities that are 100% car oriented, meaning malls, bars, Starbucks, grocery stores and Barnes and Noble are your only options, the DC area has a ton of places:

To start:

UMaryland College Park
George Mason Campus
American U and George Washington U.
MontgomeryCC and NOVACC aren't bad either, as the dumber, easier girls go there, and you won't look as out of place if you don't look like a typical 18-22 year old student.

Any pedestrianized area on a nice spring day (yeah, this time of year)
including but not limited to:
The Washingtonian in Gaithersburg
Downtown Silver Spring
Reston Town Center
On the metro
Basically anywhere in DC

Just grab an outdoor seat at a cafe facing the passing foot traffic. Try to lock eyes with hot chicks who walk by....

Quote: (04-14-2011 04:09 PM)CJ Wrote:  

It's getting warmer now in a lot of places across the States, so opportunities for day game should pick up. You really aren't going to have much luck stopping anyone when it is freezing outside.

Yeah, I was wondering how guys fared in the day during the winter months. Seems impossible to land anything as most people seem to want to stay at home. Maybe I'll post another thread about this...

Quote: (04-14-2011 07:32 PM)CupCake Wrote:  

Yeah, I was wondering how guys fared in the day during the winter months. Seems impossible to land anything as most people seem to want to stay at home. Maybe I'll post another thread about this...

Not good. There's a couple winter events going on in my area, but it's so damn cold, that I don't even want to go out myself. I still did alright at the bars though.