rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Are you religious?

Are you religious?

Thought it would be interesting to see how many RVF members are religious considering how it relates to the tradition, morals and family values etc. we like to talk about in relation to the "death of the West."

Edit:

I realized I should have included an "Unsure" option. If you're unsure just like this post.

Are you religious?

It's something I've wondered about, especially reading a number of the "Everything Else" threads and noting the analogousness of religion with traditional values. Conversely, I've also thought about the dissonance of religion as followed by members of a game forum.

I was raised semi-religious in terms of schooling and household -- not that they beat it into you these days [Image: icon_lol.gif] -- and took an interest in religion in general on and off, while remaining skeptical to this day.

I've had many a chance to doubt the existence of God -- and few more to reconsider, to be honest -- but it's something which I reasonably critique to this day.

Flawed as we are, I believe that we are vastly responsible for our course of actions, individually or collectively, and similarly to be credited for any virtue or gain resulting. While there may be control factors that may determine the outcome and convergence of events beyond our grasp, I think it's too much of a knee-jerk trifle to attribute it to a bearded, robed old guy up in the heavens.

In terms of the religious tending to be standards-bearers of traditionalism and conservatism, I can see a causal link insofar as said values are indelibly tied to our culture, sprung as it was from a Judaeo-Christian cradle.
I don't believe that religion, specifically Christianity, has a monopoly on traditional/family values though; just as I disagree with the idea that one cannot have a moral compass without being religious.
One's values and morals are derived from oneself and shaped by the culture, environment and people you grew up and were influenced by. 'Good', as a moral concept, comes from within, and is shaped by the positive outcomes one wishes to project onto others -- this is something no God can profess or impose.

I don't believe in God, nor consider myself religious, but I'm not ruling out the possibility of a higher power existing.
All the same, I do count the religious amongst my friends, and will defend their right to believe in, and practise their faith. I also am respectful of the existence of organised religion, however kooky some of them may be.

Are you religious?

I am rather religious, but sadly I am a poor excuse for a Christian. I do however believe in the teachings of Christ and firmly in God.

The main problem I have with Christianity is with the churches. The doctrines of most churches doesn't seem to line up with what one would read in the Bible. On that same subject, the bible itself is incomplete because many books were left out when the Church picked which books to include.

"All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent."
Thomas Jefferson

Are you religious?

Atheist but I do have a series of tenets that I follow. Haven't broken any of them so far.

Are you religious?

I personally sometimes struggle with the question of whether or not there is a God. That being said, I do believe, and I actually believe based on things like philosophical argument rather than what I was taught in Sunday school.

If you're not fucking her, someone else is.

Are you religious?

Agnostic myself. Dont really belive in any of these organised religiouns. Parents are extremely religous and have tried to impregnate my mind with hindu stuff. I am firm beliver in goodness in people but i think some religiouns claude the minds of people.

Are you religious?

Should have had a "satanist" option. I am my own god, I am the higher power etc. That's the way I'd have to describe myself. No corny devil worship, though I am a fan of occult aesthetics.

I used to be strongly anti religious as an angry teenager. Now I don't really care as long as it isn't being shoved in my face. Frankly though all the great religions have brought so much art, music and culture into the world I am glad they exist. For example I am a big fan of Gregorian Chant music.

"As wolves among sheep we have wandered"

Are you religious?

My parents are pretty religious. Heavily involved in the local community, Dad's always helping out and Mum prays every day plus teaches little kids every week at Sunday school. And this is in a country where church attendance is in the low single digits. Somehow though I've been an atheist since as long as I can remember, but far from a militant one. Dad doesn't care, I think he's only involved for the social aspect. Mum's not happy about it, but as long as I don't end marrying a girl whose big on another religion it's not an issue...

It's been kind of a benefit, I was taught more "red pill" stuff growing up then most people, stuff like don't commit to sluts and how to spot them etc. Mum know's I get around and doesn't seem to mind, but I know that would be a different story if I was female. Plus when I do want to settle down I can have my pick of the girls, apparently to the girl's parents I'm a catch that ticks all their boxes so they're always asking mine I'm single, too bad most of their daughter's are actually ho's in disguise. If I ever married a Muslim (or Black) girl though my parents would probably never speak to me again [Image: lol.gif]

Are you religious?

Modern, American, Christian churches are terrible. The only ones that promote good values are small Southern Baptist/Pentacostal churches, but those go way too overboard with brick and mortar beliefs.

Until a church starts promoting men to be alpha males and for women to get back to the kitchen, I will not be a regular at a church.

Dalrock is a great writer about the modern church, values, feminism, etc.

http://dalrock.wordpress.com/2014/08/18/...esnt-wait/

He has some great posts breaking down modern church practices.

His major issue is about how the church is now promoting divorce. I wholeheartedly agree.

Are you religious?

If you're looking for a good red pill church with a high liturgical feel, check out a Lutheran Church that's apart of the Missouri synod.

The ELCA became a degenerate mess with gay and female pastors.

Are you religious?

To have a truly valid opinion on this stuff I had to study advanced Cosmology and Quantum Mechanics. I think the "correct answer" to this question HAS to be "agnostic". But the practical answer also must be to behave as if no God exists.

Religion and feminism are both way past their due date. My biggest peeve about the right is pandering to dumb religious crowds.

You don't get there till you get there

Are you religious?

Quote: (11-02-2014 11:55 AM)redbeard Wrote:  

Modern, American, Christian churches are terrible. The only ones that promote good values are small Southern Baptist/Pentacostal churches, but those go way too overboard with brick and mortar beliefs.

Until a church starts promoting men to be alpha males and for women to get back to the kitchen, I will not be a regular at a church.

His major issue is about how the church is now promoting divorce. I wholeheartedly agree.

Whats a 'brick and mortar' belief? I attend a southern baptist church and the only negative I see is that they are suspicious of outsiders.

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing? Psalm 2:1 KJV

Are you religious?

Quote: (11-02-2014 01:18 PM)Dr. Howard Wrote:  

Whats a 'brick and mortar' belief? I attend a southern baptist church and the only negative I see is that they are suspicious of outsiders.

I meant "fire and brimstone." My mistake.

You know the type..."go to church or you're going to hell."

Are you religious?

I'm an atheist myself and wouldn't want my kids being religious, but it seems like catholic girls would make a better wife. Religious girls seem to know their place in the household and less tainted with feminism. Plus add in that catholic guilt as far as cheating or getting divorced.

Are you religious?

Quote: (11-02-2014 01:11 PM)Slim Shady Wrote:  

To have a truly valid opinion on this stuff I had to study advanced Cosmology and Quantum Mechanics. I think the "correct answer" to this question HAS to be "agnostic". But the practical answer also must be to behave as if no God exists.

Religion and feminism are both way past their due date. My biggest peeve about the right is pandering to dumb religious crowds.

That's interesting to say. Some of the best cosmologists in the world are Christians. Some others are atheists or agnostics. It basically shows that science is completely agnostic.

Are you religious?

I'm Catholic and firmly opposed to the Vatican in its current post-Vatican 2 degenerate form

Are you religious?

I wouldn't say I'm athiest, I just don't give a shit.

I have always hated being forced into obligations. Growing up, religous activities were more or less mandatory at my house.

I eventually rebelled in highschool and refused to do anything related to religion.

The only time I go to mass is on Easter and Christmas and I only do that to minimize the friction between me and my mom. Also, the girls always dress slutty on Easter and that really makes catholic mass less loathsome.

Are you religious?

Quote: (11-02-2014 05:20 PM)Kickb Wrote:  

I have always hated being forced into obligations. Growing up, religous activities were more or less mandatory at my house.

I eventually rebelled in highschool and refused to do anything related to religion.

The only time I go to mass is on Easter and Christmas and I only do that to minimize the friction between me and my mom. Also, the girls always dress slutty on Easter and that really makes catholic mass less loathsome.

If indeed that religion or this religion is the truth just like the law of gravity. What would you think is a good way to convey it without shoving down peoples throats?

Are you religious?

Quote: (11-02-2014 01:20 PM)redbeard Wrote:  

Quote: (11-02-2014 01:18 PM)Dr. Howard Wrote:  

I meant "fire and brimstone." My mistake.

You know the type..."go to church or you're going to hell."

That fire and brimstone stuff is essential. No church will survive without it. The churches that do compromise on that eventually will cave sooner or later.

Are you religious?

Quote: (11-02-2014 05:47 PM)infowarrior1 Wrote:  

Quote: (11-02-2014 05:20 PM)Kickb Wrote:  

If indeed that religion or this religion is the truth just like the law of gravity. What would you think is a good way to convey it without shoving down peoples throats?

Make a highlight reel.

Are you religious?

Quote: (11-02-2014 02:03 PM)Truth Teller Wrote:  

Quote: (11-02-2014 01:11 PM)Slim Shady Wrote:  

That's interesting to say. Some of the best cosmologists in the world are Christians. Some others are atheists or agnostics. It basically shows that science is completely agnostic.

Not quite, the scientific method can only accept god in the deist sense (he may have jump started the universe but he doesn't interfere now).

The scientific method is based on an assumption that nature behaves in a constant manner according to predictable rules that can be determined via experimentation. Any supernatural process affecting material reality (miracles, jesus resurrecting with no constitution drain, etc) is incompatible.

Are you religious?

^ You're describing methodological naturalism, which is the basis of doing science. Miracles (such as Jesus rising from the dead) are violations of the laws of nature.

When I say that science is agnostic, I mean that science can't prove or disprove God.

Are you religious?

"Germanic Pagan/Odinist/Asatru" ought to have been an option as well. One may be religious, yet still reject the Judeo-Christian worldview in favor of one's indigenous beliefs. Indeed, in terms of what's red-pill, a way of relating to the divine that doesn't promote egalitarian multiculturalism is what's best for any man in my opinion, let alone society.

Are you religious?

Athiest.

A creator just seems ridiculous to me.

Are you religious?

Quote: (11-02-2014 07:14 PM)Truth Teller Wrote:  

^ You're describing methodological naturalism, which is the basis of doing science. Miracles (such as Jesus rising from the dead) are violations of the laws of nature.

When I say that science is agnostic, I mean that science can't prove or disprove God.

Laws of nature are observations of regularities that is what happens provided certain conditions occur. Now consider an apple falling from a tree it will drop to the ground no problem. Now consider what happens if a man stretches out his hand to stop the apple from dropping to the ground. Would you consider that a violation of the law of gravity.