rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Spoiled by sex tourism thread

What are some of the previously good spots that have decayed due to sex tourism? Moldova and Estonia are good examples. Creating a list would be a good resource for forum members.

Post which countries/cities, why, to what degree they have been spoiled, and maybe an anecdote which reflects it.

Jamaica, Ochos Rios. Fat brit and american girls everywhere.

[attachment=22359]

Quote: (10-27-2014 02:00 PM)OnlyMarryInTajikistan Wrote:  

What are some of the previously good spots that have decayed due to sex tourism? Moldova and Estonia are good examples. Creating a list would be a good resource for forum members.

Post which countries/cities, why, to what degree they have been spoiled, and maybe an anecdote which reflects it.

For the purposing of making an avoid list?.

If Moldova has been spoilt by Turks then surely a non-Turk stands a great chance?

The whole of the Netherlands, Spain, italy, Czech republic.

Mass tourism has made it so you have to up your game instead of using the old "I'm foreign, wanna fuck" routine that still works in Norway, Sweden, the Baltics, most eastern European countries and Poland if you aren't in a major city.

The less fucks you give, the more fucks you get.

Quote: (10-27-2014 05:13 PM)spalex Wrote:  

Mass tourism has made it so you have to up your game instead of using the old "I'm foreign, wanna fuck" routine that still works in Norway, Sweden, the Baltics, most eastern European countries and Poland if you aren't in a major city.

I think the OP means exclusively sex tourism, but even then you can't compare countries like the Netherlands with Italy or Spain, the culture is completely different (sexual openness of the north vs closed social circles in the south, basically)

In Minsk, you could see some older middle eastern guys that had a sex tourist vibe, but this was only on some upper end clubs. I wouldn't say it has been spoiled yet but it would be interesting to see how it changes in the future.

Тот, кто не рискует, тот не пьет шампанского

Quote: (10-27-2014 07:34 PM)Luisaceo Wrote:  

I think the OP means exclusively sex tourism, but even then you can't compare countries like the Netherlands with Italy or Spain, the culture is completely different (sexual openness of the north vs closed social circles in the south, basically)

In Minsk, you could see some older middle eastern guys that had a sex tourist vibe, but this was only on some upper end clubs. I wouldn't say it has been spoiled yet but it would be interesting to see how it changes in the future.

Belarus has problems but they are not due to sex tourism. Heavy visa regulations have done the country a lot of good. In Belarus the big problem is the language barrier, and poor day game.

On the other hand, there are places like Chisinau where women are simply scared shitless of foreigners due to the sex tourists.

I have spent some time in Ukraine (though I've always seen Russia as superior, it is getting too expensive), but mostly in small cities so I do not know to what extent the larger cities have been affected by this. Especially Lvov, Kiev and Odessa. I wonder what real impact on game sex tourism has in these three cities.

Quote: (10-27-2014 07:42 PM)OnlyMarryInTajikistan Wrote:  

I have spent some time in Ukraine (though I've always seen Russia as superior, it is getting too expensive), but mostly in small cities so I do not know to what extent the larger cities have been affected by this. Especially Lvov, Kiev and Odessa. I wonder what real impact on game sex tourism has in these three cities.

A decisive impact, in these cities. Unfortunately. Young, or not so young, women very often have become guarded, jaded, sometimes even hostile, because of "sex tourism". Only in Summer will they be in a (marginally?) better global mood.
But you still can find a naive chick from the countryside, just arrived in Kiev, I guess...

Quote: (10-27-2014 07:42 PM)OnlyMarryInTajikistan Wrote:  

Quote: (10-27-2014 07:34 PM)Luisaceo Wrote:  

Belarus has problems but they are not due to sex tourism. Heavy visa regulations have done the country a lot of good. In Belarus the big problem is the language barrier, and poor day game.

On the other hand, there are places like Chisinau where women are simply scared shitless of foreigners due to the sex tourists.

I can speak for Kiev and can say that sex tourism problem is moderately bad. I have been to clubs there where more than half of the guys were foreigners and majority seemed middle eastern/Turkish. I'm sure some of them are "love tourists" though I wouldn't bank on it seeing as how many had tables full of bottles and were hitting aggressively on just about every girl who went by, regardless of looks. As someone who can pass for a local Ukrainian and speaks good Russian I did not have any problems however my American friend did not help matter's as he ended up pulling a semi-pro from a bar [Image: sad.gif]

Quote: (10-27-2014 02:00 PM)OnlyMarryInTajikistan Wrote:  

Is Estonia spoiled? By who? I thought about visiting it [Image: sad.gif]

Pattaya, Thailand. I sometimes enjoy a trip there on weekends, but nothing more. All filled by 60 y.o. balding Europeans who hope to find the love of their life in a 20 y.o. prostitute.

The city of Pattaya and Phuket. Phuket would be a great place to live otherwise...and without the mafia.

Pattaya is a pretty big city, isn't it? I can't imagine the entire place is ruined.

From what I understand, the deabuchery is every bit as bad as the reputation but it's confined to certain areas for the most part, as usual, and that it's otherwise a good city for a family holiday or even (clean) expat living. Feel free to relieve me of this misconception, but not if you spent all your time there on Walking Street and the main tourist beaches.

For example, I avoided Pattaya for years because of the reputation. But talk to one of your Thai friends about their first beach holiday, and where do they go?

Pattaya. And I'm not talking about bar whores; I'm talking about lower to middle class Thais and corporate office drones.

I haven't been to a lot of places mentioned above but I reckon the same principle applies. Get away from the main chaos and things are as local as ever.

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling

I'm not sure what Pattaya is supposed to offer besides paid sex. The beaches are shit, touts and old sex tourists are everywhere, the place looks seedy as hell. It's also not that big.

I recommend everyone going there at least once just for the experience but I'm not quite sure where you got the idea that it's the prime location for a "family holiday".

I think the sex tourism problem is a lot more complicated than the idea that if a place has sex tourists, it's being ruined. I mean, sure, any place would be better off without sex tourism for guys who want to travel or expat there.

I recall in Central America, in places like Costa Rica or Panama, it was ruined because the cities were small and the normal local girls didn't speak really speak English. But in a huge city, you can just avoid the popular spots where foriegners frequent and go more local. Learning the local language will help too.

My opinion is that horny erasmus students and guys on stag do as much damage or worse than sex tourists. They're young and hit on a girls and comsequently obliterate any semblance of exotic value.

Quote: (10-28-2014 11:27 AM)atlant Wrote:  

I'm not sure what Pattaya is supposed to offer besides paid sex. The beaches are shit, touts and old sex tourists are everywhere, the place looks seedy as hell. It's also not that big.

I recommend everyone going there at least once just for the experience but I'm not quite sure where you got the idea that it's the prime location for a "family holiday".

Pattaya is a sex tourist town no doubt but its also a getaway for russian families during their winter and sees other international non sex tourists. Now a place like Boca Chica in DR should be avoided, nothing but sex tourists, hustlers and scary looking chicks in that town.

"I'm not afraid of dying, I'm afraid of not trying. Everyday hit every wave, like I'm Hawaiian"

Quote: (10-28-2014 11:53 AM)dontuan Wrote:  

I think the sex tourism problem is a lot more complicated than the idea that if a place has sex tourists, it's being ruined. I mean, sure, any place would be better off without sex tourism for guys who want to travel or expat there.

I recall in Central America, in places like Costa Rica or Panama, it was ruined because the cities were small and the normal local girls didn't speak really speak English. But in a huge city, you can just avoid the popular spots where foriegners frequent and go more local. Learning the local language will help too.

My opinion is that horny erasmus students and guys on stag do as much damage or worse than sex tourists. They're young and hit on a girls and comsequently obliterate any semblance of exotic value.

As a non-brit I dont understand the difference between stag guys and sex tourists. Do the stag guys just roll in bigger packs and get drunker? They are still paying for pussy right?

"I'm not afraid of dying, I'm afraid of not trying. Everyday hit every wave, like I'm Hawaiian"

They usually aren't specifically paying for pussy.
But they roll around as a group of guys either dressed up odd, doing something completely stupid and wanting others to join.. or so drunk that they are throwing up and stumbling in the street.

Ive always said, british people seems to always be the loudest wherever they go.
Stag and Hen Parties are even worse.
Guys will hit on everything without mercy...It really makes you slowly hate them as a whole, unfortunately.

I am the cock carousel

Quote: (10-28-2014 03:36 PM)azulsombra Wrote:  

Quote: (10-28-2014 11:27 AM)atlant Wrote:  

Pattaya is a sex tourist town no doubt but its also a getaway for russian families during their winter and sees other international non sex tourists. Now a place like Boca Chica in DR should be avoided, nothing but sex tourists, hustlers and scary looking chicks in that town.

From what I've read though those Russian families are frequently seen - with kids in tow - walking around the central areas of Pattaya among go-go bars and ladyboy streetwalkers?
From the descriptions it sounds like a truly bizarre choice for the Russian travel agencies to have picked as a family vacation spot for their countrymen. Though maybe the Thai government has given them financial incentives if they want to try to change Pattay's seedy reputation? Sounds like a long term project though.

Well, I'll be able to conclude that for myself on my Thailand trip next month. Pattaya isn't on my tentative itinerary, but with six weeks in Thailand I'm sure I'll probably stop by for a few days.

Quote: (10-28-2014 04:32 PM)Sourcecode Wrote:  

They usually aren't specifically paying for pussy.
But they roll around as a group of guys either dressed up odd, doing something completely stupid and wanting others to join.. or so drunk that they are throwing up and stumbling in the street.

Ive always said, british people seems to always be the loudest wherever they go.
Stag and Hen Parties are even worse.
Guys will hit on everything without mercy...It really makes you slowly hate them as a whole, unfortunately.

Yep we have a large equivalent of your 'trailer park trash' acting like a cunt wherever they go and giving all English people a bad name.

Quote: (10-28-2014 12:49 AM)alex3948 Wrote:  

Pattaya, Thailand. I sometimes enjoy a trip there on weekends, but nothing more. All filled by 60 y.o. balding Europeans who hope to find the love of their life in a 20 y.o. prostitute.

When was Pattaya NOT one big whorehouse?

Budapest definitely has its fair share of love tourists and erasmus students. Not ruined by any means but a lot of guys there will have the same observations on Hungarian women as yourself.

Quote: (10-28-2014 07:03 PM)Que enspastic Wrote:  

Budapest definitely has its fair share of love tourists and erasmus students. Not ruined by any means but a lot of guys there will have the same observations on Hungarian women as yourself.

On my first night at Morrison's 2, one of the first things I saw was an ongoing pickup bootcamp. Erasmus students are mostly not a problem though, as they end up hooking up within their own group.

Matter of fact, I like Erasmus parties. The girls there know what they came out of their country for.

Quote: (10-27-2014 08:58 PM)TripleG Wrote:  

[/quote

I can speak for Kiev and can say that sex tourism problem is moderately bad. I have been to clubs there where more than half of the guys were foreigners and majority seemed middle eastern/Turkish. I'm sure some of them are "love tourists" though I wouldn't bank on it seeing as how many had tables full of bottles and were hitting aggressively on just about every girl who went by, regardless of looks. As someone who can pass for a local Ukrainian and speaks good Russian I did not have any problems however my American friend did not help matter's as he ended up pulling a semi-pro from a bar [Image: sad.gif]

Personally I feel the whole "sex tourist" and P4P angle has over hyped for Kiev.

I mean people usually don't go out much solo in the West, so why should it be considered much different over there ?

If your 35 but look 50 and hitting on 18 year old ... your probably better off paying for it.

Avoid the known P4P clubs like Vodka Bar, Shooters, etc. Try to go with locals where possible, it's amazing just paying for a a few drinks how you can meet people as I still have a few good friends in the city. Social proof is the key. Learn a few local phases/ words as it can go a long way. Have a solid reason for being the city and pipeline early as it usually takes a few dates for the bang.

With the devalued currency, I think Kiev offers the best value in the FSU currently.
If you want deal with the crap of the living in a third world country head to Uzbekistan, Tajikistan or any of the other "Stan's" for the the great hope of "unspoiled" women.

I want to say Medellin, though I was never there when it wasn't a hot sex tourist spot so I can't say for sure. What I can say is there are tons of dudes hunting for hookers and just lots of foreigners in general. I however didn't see many of the other gringos as much competition. As a matter of fact, I found most to be pretty pathetic. I think speaking Spanish alone gives you the upper hand on 80% of the other gringos.

Riga (Latvia).

Some years ago it was an heaven...now it sucks.
It's been plagued by sex tourists from all over Europe and Turkey for years (and the US more recently) and girls have become wary and annoyed by foreigners.
Some of the biggest clubs in Riga don't even allow foreigner to get in and girls don't like strangers anymore (at least the ones who go to Riga).

It's so sad considering Riga has probably the most beautiful girls in Europe (along with Moscow)