rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Dealing with buyer's remorse

Would really appreciate your thoughts on how best to deal with buyer's remorse in same night lays. Because I usually gun for same night f-close I often end up with girls flaking on me after first run, probably because of failure to build comfort or buyer's remorse.

I do a lot of night game. My job means that I spend a lot of time in high end clubs.

Here's what happened a couple of days ago.

I met a girl through social circle (a very solid 8.5). She was with a hot girl I occasionally use as leverage/wing-girl when out at clubs.

I studiously ignored 8.5 for the first couple of hours. This happened naturally because I was catching up with old acquaintances at the first couple of venues. We shifted venues 3 times and there was someone I know at each venue. I did lots of DHV and threw her some light negs through the night. We didn't spend much time talking, and I focused much more on attraction than comfort game.

When the last club closed all three of us went back to my place for the "afterparty." Leverage girl immediately fell asleep on a sofa, and I made out with 8.5 in the living room before leading the way to the bedroom. We did everything but full on sex -- I guess she's a "good girl" and has hangups about putting out the first date.

What do you guys do to avoid buyer's remorse (aside from building more comfort up-front)? I see her as a potential LTR or at least FB, so would like to play it right.

"A flower can not remain in bloom for years, but a garden can be cultivated to bloom throughout seasons and years." - xsplat

Quote: (04-06-2011 12:45 PM)Caligula Wrote:  

Would really appreciate your thoughts on how best to deal with buyer's remorse in same night lays. Because I usually gun for same night f-close I often end up with girls flaking on me after first run, probably because of failure to build comfort or buyer's remorse.

I do a lot of night game. My job means that I spend a lot of time in high end clubs.

Here's what happened a couple of days ago.

I met a girl through social circle (a very solid 8.5). She was with a hot girl I occasionally use as leverage/wing-girl when out at clubs.

I studiously ignored 8.5 for the first couple of hours. This happened naturally because I was catching up with old acquaintances at the first couple of venues. We shifted venues 3 times and there was someone I know at each venue. I did lots of DHV and threw her some light negs through the night. We didn't spend much time talking, and I focused much more on attraction than comfort game.

When the last club closed all three of us went back to my place for the "afterparty." Leverage girl immediately fell asleep on a sofa, and I made out with 8.5 in the living room before leading the way to the bedroom. We did everything but full on sex -- I guess she's a "good girl" and has hangups about putting out the first date.

What do you guys do to avoid buyer's remorse (aside from building more comfort up-front)? I see her as a potential LTR or at least FB, so would like to play it right.

Same situation with the girl I smashed last night -- I'm pretty sure she felt it was a mistake but all of the signs were telling me she was DTF early on. Since it's only been about 12 hours I plan to wait another 1-2 days and hit her up if I don't hear from her. The fact that I left my watch at her place is probably a good thing (she's aware, I texted her) -- only I'm going to get noticeably angry soon if she ignores me.

If I can get over there I'll have another chance to re-build the attraction and perhaps turn it into a FB. Maybe leaving things at a chick's place is a good way to circumvent buyer's remorse? I'll get back to you. Btw, though this was a SNL it was a girl I met online.

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

Quote: (04-06-2011 12:50 PM)Gmac Wrote:  

The fact that I left my watch at her place is probably a good thing (she's aware, I texted her) -- only I'm going to get noticeably angry soon if she ignores me.

If I can get over there I'll have another chance to re-build the attraction and perhaps turn it into a FB. Maybe leaving things at a chick's place is a good way to circumvent buyer's remorse? I'll get back to you. Btw, though this was a SNL it was a girl I met online.

It's fucking amazing how well the old-school, transparent moves still work. I did this exact same thing with a girl I closed kind of early in the game. Aware that I could lose a good prospect to "buyer's remorse," I left my shitty watch on her night stand (next to the spent condom casing). In the dark of night, it was plausible.

Based on her voicemail, I knew she suspected that it was intentional (mostly because I stole a classic chick move). Naturally, we had to arrange a pick-up, which I suggested we do over a "quick drink" ("before I went off to my commitment that night"). Of course, I pounded it out again. By then, I'd accomplished my goal: adding her to the rotation.

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

Quote: (04-06-2011 12:50 PM)Gmac Wrote:  

The fact that I left my watch at her place is probably a good thing (she's aware, I texted her) -- only I'm going to get noticeably angry soon if she ignores me.

That's a good idea for future reference. I used to do pull this all the time - leaving a book or piece of clothing.

Watch out though, a girl I slammed in Buenos Aires once became impossible to reach after I'd left my watch with her. Crappy phone system meant that I couldn't get a hold of her to get angry. Still don't know if she did it on purpose to get the watch or if it was just bad timing.

"A flower can not remain in bloom for years, but a garden can be cultivated to bloom throughout seasons and years." - xsplat

Quote: (04-06-2011 01:00 PM)Tuthmosis Wrote:  

It's fucking amazing how well the old-school, transparent moves still work. I did this exact same thing with a girl I closed kind of early in the game.

A lot of the time it's just about making it easy for the girl to appease her rationalisation hamster.

She can tell herself that she is indeed just meeting you to give back your watch, not to get slammed again - even if that's what she really wants.

Quote: (04-06-2011 01:12 PM)Caligula Wrote:  

Quote: (04-06-2011 01:00 PM)Tuthmosis Wrote:  

It's fucking amazing how well the old-school, transparent moves still work. I did this exact same thing with a girl I closed kind of early in the game.

A lot of the time it's just about making it easy for the girl to appease her rationalisation hamster.

She can tell herself that she is indeed just meeting you to give back your watch, not to get slammed again - even if that's what she really wants.

Ding Ding Ding!

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee