rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Brandy Melville sells clothes for thin girls; fat chics get panties all in a bunch

Brandy Melville sells clothes for thin girls; fat chics get panties all in a bunch

Brandy Melville Is the Latest Teen Shopping, Fat-Shaming Sensation

Seriously, check out their Instagram posts.

More from Huff Post

"Founded in Italy by Silvio Marsan and his son Stephan as Brandy & Melville nearly two decades ago, the retailer came to the U.S. with little fanfare in 2009. Its first store opened adjacent to UCLA's campus in Westwood, Los Angeles. (The chain has 27 stores in Canada and Europe.)
With all the importance it places on teensy waists and thigh gaps, the Brandy Melville culture was bound to court controversy.

In 2012, YouTube star Trisha Paytas said she'd been shamed at a Brandy Melville store in California. In a video uploaded to her YouTube account, Paytas alleged that a store employee wouldn't even let her try on clothes because of her size."

And Jizzabel throws in their two cents...

"n news that would have made 13 year old me hide under her bed and sob, there's a popular new retailer that only carries clothing in size small. Brandy Melville is a hot new brand that caters to teenage girls and their clothes only come in tiny sizes.
How does Brandy Melville respond to the accusation that they're fat shaming and fetishizing thinness? Jessy Longo, an executive with the brand gave an interview with USA Today in April and spoke of how inclusive they are to all sizes. If you're not small enough to wear the clothes, you can at least buy an accessory! How magnanimous."

I'm offended by the thread title. I don't want to think about fat girls' panties.

I'm the King of Beijing!

Quote: (10-15-2014 08:39 PM)pozdnyshev Wrote:  

In 2012, YouTube star Trisha Paytas said she'd been shamed at a Brandy Melville store in California. In a video uploaded to her YouTube account, Paytas alleged that a store employee wouldn't even let her try on clothes because of her size."

Apparently Trisha Paytas is a fat, stupid, pancake makeup faced whore:

"If anything's gonna happen, it's gonna happen out there!- Captain Ron

LOL. For those who know the Italians, "Brandy Melville" is a ridiculously perfect name for an Italian fashion brand. I got a real kick out of it.

That fat big-titted whore and her patter are also as if made to order. All here is as it should be...

same old shit, sixes and sevens Shaft...

What is Brandy Melville? Is that a person? A brand? Has sh/it been around for awhile? I've never heard of Brandy.

Saw this on my Facebook, I knew it would show up here.

Big surprise it was a couple of feminists saying how this was "disgusting". Another big surprise? All fat.

So that's where we are today. Stores that cater to slim women are shamed. Stores that cater to fat whales are celebrated. In fact, if a store doesn't carry sizes that fit obese women, they throw a fit.

This catering to obesity must stop.

I don't get this. There are all sorts of clothes retailers that corner niche markets. God knows fat women have their own places, like Lane Bryant and Upton's.

So why not petite women? One of my exes was around 5'0" and tiny-waisted. All her pants needed to be taken in. A store like this would have been perfect for her as a teen because she always "felt like a little girl in a woman's store." What about her feelings?

Finally, short and thin guys have lived for decades with Big & Tall men's stores. You don't hear men who aren't 6'6" and huge whining about these places.
[Image: storefront.jpg]

Quote: (10-15-2014 09:03 PM)MrXY Wrote:  

Quote: (10-15-2014 08:39 PM)pozdnyshev Wrote:  

Apparently Trisha Paytas is a fat, stupid, pancake makeup faced whore:

[Image: how-to-draw-miss-piggy_1_000000004537_3.jpg]

G

Looking at those pics made me realize something.

Even though most of society these days is degrading in terms of gender identity where you have women dressing and acting like men and vice versa, the reverse holds true for the people who are actually following the laws of nature. In case of women, you have them looking and striving to remain feminine (long hair, slim waists, thin body) and in case of the men more masculine (big, beards, working out).

I always chuckle at how they keep repeating that women are beautiful at any size and that they should accept their bodies whatever they look like, but as soon as one of them is thin and/or pretty, she gets shamed by the rest of the heard.

I dont see any thin women rallying against "big and beautiful" plus sized stores.

in a capitalist economy, you should be able to market to whatever segmented and niche market you want. if they want to market to and produce products only for transgendered eskimo martians, they have that freedom. they are expending the money to design, build and market the product. no one else is. if they pick the wrong market, they will go belly up. again, it was their money to risk.

it takes an unbelievable sense of entitlement to espouse a view that every retailer must design and market products for every segment of society. par for the course these days, i'm afraid.