rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Emotional deficiencies in the manosphere

One of the deficiencies faced by many men in the manosphere is their inability to form true emotional attachment with people, specially women. Since many of us lacked valuable experience since young age, usually since our early 20s, we never developed key mental processes which lead to form emotional attachment.

As we discovered Game, sometimes in our late 20s, we literally learned to fuck without learning to attach or "love" women, as some may call it. I commented the issue with my therapist and she pointed that many concepts in the manosphere are logically true but ultimately flawed, since they arise from the experience of people with emotional deficiencies.

In such regard, our view of Game and women is usually biased by a narrow point of view, almost genital in nature, ignoring key emotional aspects which ultimately are shared by all human beings in one form or another. An obvious example as you learn Game is when you manage to bang a girl, but she stops responding after some bangs/dates. While many in the manosphere will point that she went to bang the next alpha in the pipeline, sometimes it just means our clear inability to form (or at least make her hamster believe to) a true emotional attachment, which all women crave. Once she detects that not only we only want to fuck her, but that we only know how to fuck her, she of course leaves to search for men who can provide the complete package. Psychopaths excel at Game since they know how to create such attachment in the mind of a woman, instead of just knowing which buttons to push to get a quick bang.

Once I shared the story of roosh and his lifestyle, he pointed key emotional deficiencies, as exemplified by his posts on Anna. I share most of such emotional deficiencies. I actually had one hell of a session, and will continue to study the topic.

Please maturely share what you think are key emotional deficiencies shared by us in the forum.

[Image: troll.gif]

Take care of those titties for me.

I disagree with a therapist pointing out emotional deficiencies especially for one so young as in their 20's. some emotional bonds that you are referring do cannot be learned and in some males are not intuitive. given the age id say some will lack the requisite first-hand experience to either identify to recognize said emotions.

I will point out the ability to love someone more than yourself - I care for my parents and respect them but ultimately I have never had to feel like it was my job to protect them; so when I think of my son I know that I would willingly put myself in harms way to ensure his safety and willingly neutralize any threat that would cause harm. in that specific instance with children I believe not only must it be experienced to be both understood and accepted, but also if it has never been experienced it can be difficult to recognize that particular emotional capacity; which can be termed as a deficiency.

the other point you make is that we as males lack the ability to "love" or bond with women. I will agree that there are a few who do not attach themselves (either past, present or future) and would be a better case to see if it is an emotional deficiency or a personality trait. what I posit instead is that most who come here suffer from "once bitten twice shy" where they have loved, and believed the other person has loved them back. however whether it is because of tragedy or something more nefarious the emotions given are unrequited in their return.

Females in Anglo-centric societies form the basis of game topics as they have proven to be the oddball based on history and current social conventions; a lacking of emotional bond is on both sides of the coin and where Anglo-women might hold to the delusion that we are just looking to bang experience steels our character to respond to what is, rather than what should be. Females in particular have created a world where forming an emotional attachment is considered both weak and non-essential to their own happiness thus the delusion is manifest in flaking and the abundance of quirks that are listed ad infinitum on this forum.

as for my emotional deficiencies I prefer my own company more often than not and have been happiest in complete isolation. To that I don't drive a car anymore as having someone there is suffocating so I ride a motorcycle instead, I have a few friends who I see and women do not stick around because again - its akin to a claustrophobia.

@OP - You say "we" a lot, and with certainty.

Beyond your own experiences, that's awfully presumptuous of you.

OP, what do you expect from a female therapist? What authority or insight might she have?

Patient: I'm trying to make my way as a man, find out what works for me with women and relationships. For example, Heartiste and Roosh have some great insights. Let me tell you about that perspective.

Middle-Aged, Credentialed Female Therapist: You are on the right path! Get jacked, location-independent and make love to many beautiful women. When you're 50 you can always settle down. Constantly flowing testosterone and mastery in your chosen sphere is a noble way of making your way in this world.

Not going to happen.

Dr Johnson rumbles with the RawGod. And lives to regret it.

maybe modern red-pill men do have emotional deficiencies. maybe.

but they pale in comparison to the emotional deficiencies of the modern "strong, independent woman" ™.

i think we have a bit of a chicken or the egg thing going on.

Quote: (10-14-2014 06:58 PM)DannyAlberta Wrote:  

maybe modern red-pill men do have emotional deficiencies. maybe.

but they pale in comparison to the emotional deficiencies of the modern "strong, independent woman" ™.

i think we have a bit of a chicken or the egg thing going on.

I don't think so - I firmly believe that female society has taken the reins on interaction and men have responded in kind. some try pandying to their ego (Betas) and some adapt to avoid suffering their mistake (Alphas).

very general overview but you catch my drift.

To be honest, everyone has emotional deficiencies to some degree. But compare to the average American, I'd say we're pretty okay.

As soon as I read she I almost started feeling bad for you... almost! The manosphere can help you way better than a female therapist can!

Haha my bad, my theraipst is a man. Among some edits to the post, I lost the mistake.

Why are you going to a therapist?

I think I'm much healthier emotionally since I "took the red pill". Sure, I have giant walls against letting people in, but I'm certainly still capable of attachment and love.

Quote: (10-14-2014 08:06 PM)weambulance Wrote:  

I think I'm much healthier emotionally since I "took the red pill". Sure, I have giant walls against letting people in, but I'm certainly still capable of attachment and love.

exactly - but the difference being is the person who breaks down those walls will be worth it. in a broad sense: quality over quantity

This is a "Players' Forum". We don't give advice on how to be a better boyfriend. We discuss how to meet and bed as many women as possible. Sometimes feelings get in the way and hinder us from our calling. I don't think we're lacking in the emotional attachment department. I think we've developed a mechanism for "selective emotional attachment". You can turn it on and off. It's how you quickly get over failed relationships. Once you get good at it you can form multiple pair bonds with many different women concurrently. It's a skill women have naturally but men have to develop. Mostly because we're brought up to think logically and bury unpleasant emotions instead of venting in a group environment.

Team Nachos

I used to have really interesting conversations with my therapist--A guy in his early 60's, Jewish, wealthy, very educated.

I'd drop red pill ism's in our discussions about women and my quest for notches. Something really funny I realized was that he absolutely agreed with me/us/the manosphere on the realities of the sexual marketplace. Except, his view was blue pill and blue pill-aware.

When talking about women acting in their self-interest by fucking alphas in their prime years and finding a safe, provider husband beta in their older years...My therapist agreed 100% but thought that that was the nice guys way of WINNING in the long run.

"She may have fucked the bad boy when she was 21, but who is she going to settle down with?" He'd ask me with a smug smile. As if marrying a used-up, post-wall former slut was somehow what we're all after.

I almost found myself without words at how graciously he simultaneously agreed with me but took a blue pill perspective on what's in a man's best interests. At the end of the day, he would kind of just shrug helplessly with a look on his face that said, "Eh, whaddaryagonnado."

Suspicious thread.

Quote: (10-14-2014 08:41 PM)Checkmat Wrote:  

I used to have really interesting conversations with my therapist--A guy in his early 60's, Jewish, wealthy, very educated.

I'd drop red pill ism's in our discussions about women and my quest for notches. Something really funny I realized was that he absolutely agreed with me/us/the manosphere on the realities of the sexual marketplace. Except, his view was blue pill and blue pill-aware.

When talking about women acting in their self-interest by fucking alphas in their prime years and finding a safe, provider husband beta in their older years...My therapist agreed 100% but thought that that was the nice guys way of WINNING in the long run.

"She may have fucked the bad boy when she was 21, but who is she going to settle down with?" He'd ask me with a smug smile. As if marrying a used-up, post-wall former slut was somehow what we're all after.

I almost found myself without words at how graciously he simultaneously agreed with me but took a blue pill perspective on what's in a man's best interests. At the end of the day, he would kind of just shrug helplessly with a look on his face that said, "Eh, whaddaryagonnado."

I'm baffled as to why blue pill men believe that marrying up used up sluts is an honorable thing to do. His rationalization hamster is off the charts.

Quote: (10-14-2014 08:41 PM)Checkmat Wrote:  

When talking about women acting in their self-interest by fucking alphas in their prime years and finding a safe, provider husband beta in their older years...My therapist agreed 100% but thought that that was the nice guys way of WINNING in the long run. "She may have fucked the bad boy when she was 21, but who is she going to settle down with?" He'd ask me with a smug smile. As if marrying a used-up, post-wall former slut was somehow what we're all after.

did his long-term interpretation of WIN factor in the low value of the woman said beta was committing to? or the neurosis and emotional shitstorm that accompanies women being the Alpha's pump 'n' dump??

sorry but I don't see paying that cost for someone that feels they HAVE to settle - there is no WIN there only being in the right place at the right (or wrong) time. and if history/statistics have taught us anything is that it isn't worth all that effort.

the blue-pill aware psych you mention sounds like he is justifying making poor choices.

Quote: (10-14-2014 08:43 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

Suspicious thread.

no doubt but it doesn't detract from being an interesting point of discussion. I don't think there is a player or Red-Pill male that has sometimes questioned his existence at times in this arena at times and if he is on the right track.

I've had the opportunity to meet a bunch of forum members and so far, with limited exception, they've all been emotionally aware, thinking individuals who at a different time would have happily married young and remained committed to their families till the day they died.

Just because the OP sees a therapist, doesn't mean that they rest of us are not well adjusted, rational beings, who are simply trying to find meaning in a world where commitment to a woman is a dangerous path.

I'm the King of Beijing!

Quote: (10-14-2014 08:48 PM)RUIN Wrote:  

Suspicious thread.

no doubt but it doesn't detract from being an interesting point of discussion. I don't think there is a player or Red-Pill male that has sometimes questioned his existence at times in this arena at times and if he is on the right track.

Maybe but I don't care to discuss that aspect of things in the context of a dude blindly asserting "us Manosphere guys are so emotionally damaged, my therapist said so."

Quote: (10-15-2014 12:15 AM)BadgerHut Wrote:  

Quote: (10-14-2014 08:48 PM)RUIN Wrote:  

Suspicious thread.

Maybe but I don't care to discuss that aspect of things in the context of a dude blindly asserting "us Manosphere guys are so emotionally damaged, my therapist said so."

True - the OP assumptions were a little too slanted

Stopped reading after "he" said something about not being able to form emotional attachment from having sex.

If men are forming emotional attachment solely from having sex then something IS wrong with them.

Men (the traditional masculine male) form bonding ties to women for all sorts of reasons but its rarely because of just sex. That would be stupid from an evolutionary standpoint.

Men tend to form bonds to women they deem as having value. They possess qualities other women they just fuck do not.

Its that simple.

Are there men with emotional immaturity in the manosphere? Of course. But thats true of any segment you choose to analyze.

Don't get any of us started on female hypergamy, female emotional intelligence/maturity, female morality,or the anatomy of female power (the use of pussy to control wimps)

The OP is either a female or a man that's low on test and has been brow beaten into submission. That or is a bonifide sociopath incapable of any emotion.

Just read the rest of the post.

Some girls are only good for one thing, women know this all to well. Its why the word slut is so insulting to them unless, they actually acknowledge their sluttiness (then they claim to be proud of it before crying themselves to sleep in their slobby and unkempt bedrooms).

Women are not nuanced enough to detect if a guy "not only just wants to fuck her, but only knows how to fuck her".

Thats just plain retarded. She simply detects his lack of interest in anything more than sex.

Men do not do more than they have to for women they don't value.

As an ESL person (English as a Second Language) person, I say his writing is pretty good (not the content)

But this is dating related forum. Imagine a guy writes in such manners when he's just talking about cars on a car forum.

All I can guess is he is some sort of keyboard jockey. (guys who writes his thesis on forums)

I find it hard to believe that you could have mistakenly described your male therapist as a 'she' [Image: troll.gif]