rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Waylon Jennings: A Proper Example of Masculine Mannerism and Attitude

Quick post here... I've been listen to Waylon a lot lately. Something about living in a corrupt, (semi)communist shithole with horrendous-looking women stirs up the inner redneck in me.

Anyway, here's the video:

Throughout the video, notice how Waylon never moves his shoulders or drops his head. Yes, he has to lower his eyes a few times to make sure he's on the right fret, but his head is always upright. Look at his posture. Relaxed but supremely confident. While he's relaxed, Jessi Coulter is postured and attentive.

Secondly, I think the lyrics and exchange with his chick around 1:03 to 1:08 are self-explanatory. He basically treats her like a child. "D-O-G... You understand that?"

1:15 to 1:44 is pure, should we say (?), "alpha gold." Jessi knows and even accommodates it. She knows Waylon needs to root around.

2:19. I think every semi-seasoned player here knows the look on that chick's face. She's totally turned on by the exchange. Waylon definitely hit it that night.

From 2:30 onwards, watch him pretty much just ignore her and not make eye contact. Although she keeps looking at him, he just keeps on with his train of thought. Notice that there's a good 15 seconds where he refuses to even look in her direction. Around 2:56 he gets tired of listening and let's her know she's said enough. Total control.

Here are a couple more:

1975, when men were men.

Just watch this dude's demeanor. Astounding. While it might be the coke, this guy is supremely confident.

"Lonesome, On'ry, and Mean"

"Ladies Love Outlaws"

"Bessie was a lovely child from West Tennessee
Leroy was an outlaw, hard and mean
One night she saw him staring and it chilled her to the bone
She knew she had to see that look on a child of her own

'Cause ladies love outlaws
Like babies love stray dogs
Ladies touch babies like a banker touches gold
Outlaws touch ladies somewhere deep down in their soul

Jessi liked Cadillacs and diamonds on her hands
Waymore had a reputation as a lady's man
Then one night, her light of love finally gave a sign
Jessie parked her Cadillac and got herself in line
."

Thanks. That was thoroughly enjoyable. When country was country. Not the pop crap that passes for country now. How about this one? The real meaning of life?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFKdXV63_Cc

I'm not into country what so ever except for a few songs from Montgomery Gentry and G Brooks. However, I've started following Waylon Jennings music after hearing a few songs of his in GTA V.

Really uplifting song in my view.

Thanks, guys. Waylon is the man!

Waylon Jennings just isn't the same for me without Big Bird. Watching this clip makes me feel like a man of steel and velvet:

Waylon Jennings was the first artist to actually 'fuck' the system and ask for more money. He was a badass, coming up from honkey tonks that were full of post WWII vets looking to fight, fuck, and drink. And all that was in Texas. See, he penned his life, and signed it in blood. That was a man.

I get drunk to his music and terrorize those that don't respect the

[Image: attachment.jpg22439]   

Horrendous looking women? Not down with the yellow?

Waylon is the man. I only discovered him about a year ago when a friend of mine gave me a greatest hits CD. I was never into country before, but after listening I was hooked on Waylon and watched every great YouTube video I could find.

The one's you posted are gems. The whole hissy fit of her's was about the lyrics of wanting every woman he sees even though he's married. Waylon shows exactly how not to take anything a woman says too seriously and even snores as she's trying to establish frame. Mind you this is his wife and he has to go home with her, live with her, etc. It's a perfect example of how to handle a woman in an LTR/Marriage

Here's another great live gem of his. It's not the coke, it's the man. Look at how he handles that guitar, and sings with that golden voice of his. It's not easy to do both, do it live, have it sound awesome, while making it all look like you're just walking down the street.

He's one of those people who are naturally gifted.

Though not a great example of masculinity, Neil Young is another guy who's a natural. In college we were all playing poker one afternoon with SNL re-runs playing on the TV. My friend next to me hated Neil Young and would bust my chops about it all the time. Then he saw this and afterwards was like, "Ok, he's pretty cool" and never bashed on Neil again.

Jessi Colter, the woman beside him, was his wife and stayed with him until his death. Not a great performer (IMO), but she sure was hot.

Jessi Colter, the woman beside him, was his wife and stayed with him until his death. Not a great performer (IMO), but she sure was hot.

Quote: (11-02-2014 05:30 AM)Days of Broken Arrows Wrote:  

Jessi Colter, the woman beside him, was his wife and stayed with him until his death.

What do you think he would think of the manosphere? Him and Johnny Cash?

Quote: (11-02-2014 06:32 AM)Aliblahba Wrote:  

Jessi Colter, the woman beside him, was his wife and stayed with him until his death.

I would be really interested in Johnny Cash's opinion. From what we get told his first wife divorced him while he was trying to chase down June Carter who was also married twice before she was married to Cash with kids from each marriage.

Cash's image was pretty bad ass but his and June's marital rap sheets read pretty blue pill and stereotypical southern white trash.

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing? Psalm 2:1 KJV

Quote: (11-02-2014 06:32 AM)Aliblahba Wrote:  

From what I have read Cash had some wild years when he was first starting out, a fair bit of substance abuse and infidelity. After he met and married June though she turned him onto Christianity and he found religion. As far as I know they had a happy marriage and were faithful to each other.

It is hard to imagine what Cash and Waylon, who came of age in the 50s and 60s, would think about the manosphere today.

"All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent."
Thomas Jefferson

Quote: (11-02-2014 02:51 AM)Menace Wrote:  

Horrendous looking women? Not down with the yellow?

Not to get too off topic...
I added that because it was the mood I was in at the time. I actually really like Asian women but find Chinese women to be of the lowest quality in the region. That's not to say there aren't pretty girls here. It's just that the majority are uninspiring.

Anyways, another gem (a real oldie):

That's what you get for lovin' me
Everything we had is gone if you can see
That's what you get for lovin' me.
Don't you shed a tear for me
I ain't the love you thought I'd be
I've had a hundred just like you but don't be blue
I'll have a thousand before I'm through.
Everything we had is gone if you can see
That's what you get for lovin' me.

^^ Good cover. Was originally a Bob Dylan song.

"All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent."
Thomas Jefferson

"Something about living in a corrupt, (semi)communist shithole with horrendous-looking women stirs up the inner redneck in me."

This is how I feel about college. Some days I get so sick of the limpwristed equality bullshit that I get in my car and put 70s country on blast.

Thank god my dad got me listening to that stuff at a young age.

Here's my contribution:

"You're gonna find when it's too late, a heart that just won't break
Just to satisfy you, just to satisfy you"

Well since were sharing the good stuff

He's a taker, he'll take her to places
And make her fly higher than she's ever dared to
He'll take his time before takin' advantage
Takin' her easy and slow.

And after he's taken the body and soul
She gives him he'll take her for granted
Take off and leave her taken all of her
Pride when he goes.

Thomas Jefferson

Thanks for pointing this out! I'm getting more and more into country, and now I'll have to add this to the collection!

Chicago Tribe.

My podcast with H3ltrsk3ltr and Cobra.

Snowplow is uber deep cover as an alpha dark triad player red pill awoken gorilla minded narc cop. -Kaotic

^^ You might want to check out David Allen Coe. He has some pretty decent songs, but he also did some off color work in his day.

Thomas Jefferson

Haha i love that song. I've been into Coe for a while. I got introduced to him at 21 in a bit of a racist bar. I'm very aware of his "off colored" work

Chicago Tribe.

My podcast with H3ltrsk3ltr and Cobra.

Snowplow is uber deep cover as an alpha dark triad player red pill awoken gorilla minded narc cop. -Kaotic

Favorite Coe song.

I love this stuff. I was raised on it. Outlaw country. Not this pussy shit they call country nowadays.

I almost cry listening to DAC. My dad always listened to him, but he's dead now, just like so many other people who I loved and considered family. They lived a hard life. Fighting, fucking, drinking, partying, motorcycles, jail, a few to prison, etc. It was a great life though. The kind of life you can't live anymore without ending up in prison for a long stretch really quickly. Old souls.

My moms been having Bbqs and playing this as long as I can remember. House full of drunk people eating, drinking, signing and dancing. I hated it when I was a kid. I thought they were so annoying. Then when I turned about 16/17 and started drinking and partying myself I loved it. Me and all of my closest friends listen to it. DAC, Haggard, Jennings, Nelson, Hank Jr/Sr., Hank 3.

Hank 3 was our favorite though. Old school sound with some modern touches. My dad loved Hank 3 too. We would always make fun of my mom for liking Shooter Jennings over Hank 3.

Great thread.

Beauty thread. My fave will always be Townes but Waylon is a close second.
http://youtu.be/2rtNH9ZuTPA (sorry on my phone can't embed)
These guys just were masters of the craft. Wish I could find similar guys nowadays. I don't mind jason Isbell and related shit like the DBTruckers but that shit is few and far between now.

My favorite Townes song

My Favorite Hank 3 song

Chipped a tooth in the mosh pit at a Hank 3 concert a few months back. It's still the real shit there.

Thomas Jefferson

Pancho and Lefty is a great fucking song.

Cash will always be my favorite. He was a hell raiser. I've read a bunch of biographies on him and man did he do some crazy shit.