rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Lose weight or start approaching first

first off my height and weight is 6'3" just over 300 pounds. i'm obese. got this way from drinking, smoking weed and the resulting munchies.

anyways i'm on a diet and in the gym (started these recently) so i should start losing weight.

i haven't gotten laid in 2+ years, i have no cold approach game, i used to get laid a fair amount when younger from social circle (mine was big with lots of cute girls.)

right now i don't have a social circle plus i'm not a kid anymore (going on 28) so cold approach seems the best option.

i want to learn game but at the same time i feel like maybe i should start after dropping 50 pounds (my goal is to lose 70-100) to decrease harsh reactions and shit that would fuck up my confidence.

just wondering what you all think.

Do both.

like above poster said, do both. as you lose weight you'll gain more confidence. as you approach girls you'll gain more and more confidence. and once they start working hand and hand and you see results, result beings phone numbers, dates, lays, lost pounds, muscle gains, etc you'll get more and more motivated. one will fuel the other and you'll start approaching more, but then you'll see shit I need to get in better shape so you'll clean the diet up even more and work harder in the gym.

Having sex helps weight loss.

Don't approach.

Lose weight and just talk to girls whenever you see them.

"Approaching" gives them a chance to reject you. Just talk to them without any dependence on the outcome.

Do both, but definitely lean heavily towards the losing weight effort. I read a great point on dangerandplay.com: Spend less time getting girls and more time on the things that get girls (i.e. looking good, style, lifestyle, money, owning your own life, etc.). Women have energy too, and they'll put it towards things they like. Be something they like.

Civilize the mind but make savage the body.

I dropped my weight first before I started hunting. Felt much better about myself

Fat boy wanna get some chicks?

You're in a huge club. Many a big boned dude has boned some chicks.

Biggie Smalls got Faith Evans way before he was famous.
He got it by talking to her.

0. Hygiene goes w/o saying, but i'm say it anyway.
1. dress well for your size.
2. get a good hair cut and keep your grooming on point
3. update the cologne
4. start talking to people, get social, rebuild or build up your circle of friends
5. don't talk about your weight or any of your problems at all
6. Talk to chicks specifically

You can go from "ugh" to "he's kinda cute" with a few tweaks. Girls are visual, but not as visual as men. It's why game works.

That's the passive game, you're building up your external.

As you work out, put yourself under that weight, control your cravings - that's building up your internal, your sense of self, your will power.

Game though, like real game, that comes from talking to chicks, and pushing their buttons.

There's no time like the present. Indeed, if you can learn how to bullshit with a chick, you're ahead of most guys.

With that in mind, you have to be in an environment where your size isn't working against you. So beach parties or rocking in the middle of a dance floor might not be your best avenue.

Post up by the bar, looking like [Image: Kingpinm.png]

That might work for you.

WIA

As the others have said do both. If you're not comfortable being aggressive in your approaches just make observational remarks to every women you see out and about. In a line at Starbucks: "This line is crazy this morning." In an aisle at the grocery store "Hey, have you tried xyz before?" It's a low risk way to get comfortable talking to women you meet and if will boost your confidence which in turn will feed your confidence in weight loss.

Quote: (10-10-2014 07:30 PM)WestIndianArchie Wrote:  

... or rocking in the middle of a dance floor might not be your best avenue.

Disagree with this minor point.

There's a large subgroup of girls like a big teddy bear guy that can let loose and dance and take up room on a dance floor. Just gotta be the Big Papi out there.

Also if a big guy truly picks up dancing moves it is always more impressive for some reason than a thin person. Being large and moving with grace is just so rare.

SENS Foundation - help stop age-related diseases

Quote: (05-19-2016 12:01 PM)Giovonny Wrote:  
If I talk to 100 19 year old girls, at least one of them is getting fucked!
Quote:WestIndianArchie Wrote:
Am I reacting to her? No pussy, all problems
Or
Is she reacting to me? All pussy, no problems

Do both and let go of the outcome by now. I mean go for girls you're into like a madman but keep in mind that you cold approach game is new to you so don't get butthurt when you fail a lot. It's normal. It's not your looks that will limit your results, it's lack of experience.

Good news is that because you can't really charm girls using your looks/presence you have to depend on your personality. So you have to learn how to express attractive/positive sides of your personality QUICKLY to game girls. That's cool cause once you get back in shape you will have well developed personality as well as nice toned body. You will then notice how lame and boring all those pretty boys are and how easy it is to outgame them just by being more dynamic and charismatic.

Good luck.

Quote: (10-10-2014 08:10 PM)Travesty444 Wrote:  

... or rocking in the middle of a dance floor might not be your best avenue.

Disagree with this minor point.

There's a large subgroup of girls like a big teddy bear guy that can let loose and dance and take up room on a dance floor. Just gotta be the Big Papi out there.

Also if a big guy truly picks up dancing moves it is always more impressive for some reason than a thin person. Being large and moving with grace is just so rare.

I'm betting OP can't dance, but I do see your point.

WIA

If you are asking you probably don't feel confident. You have to build confidence, one way is the gym the other is to go out and approach. It is always hard to approach so you will feel the same if you start when being slimmer. Push yourself to do it and have faith in the future outcome, now you are in the hard part of the process so you have to focus in PMA and keep doing, dont let the obstacles get to you.

This is an interesting point of view, it will give OP invaluable insight about personality vs. appearance plus IDK mastery
Quote: (10-11-2014 06:43 AM)XXL Wrote:  

Do both and let go of the outcome by now. I mean go for girls you're into like a madman but keep in mind that you cold approach game is new to you so don't get butthurt when you fail a lot. It's normal. It's not your looks that will limit your results, it's lack of experience.

Good news is that because you can't really charm girls using your looks/presence you have to depend on your personality. So you have to learn how to express attractive/positive sides of your personality QUICKLY to game girls. That's cool cause once you get back in shape you will have well developed personality as well as nice toned body. You will then notice how lame and boring all those pretty boys are and how easy it is to outgame them just by being more dynamic and charismatic.

Good luck.

Fat boy wanna get some chicks?

You're in a huge club. Many a big boned dude has boned some chicks.

Biggie Smalls got Faith Evans way before he was famous.
He got it by talking to her.

0. Hygiene goes w/o saying, but i'm say it anyway.
1. dress well for your size.
2. get a good hair cut and keep your grooming on point
3. update the cologne
4. start talking to people, get social, rebuild or build up your circle of friends
5. don't talk about your weight or any of your problems at all
6. Talk to chicks specifically

You can go from "ugh" to "he's kinda cute" with a few tweaks. Girls are visual, but not as visual as men. It's why game works.

That's the passive game, you're building up your external.

As you work out, put yourself under that weight, control your cravings - that's building up your internal, your sense of self, your will power.

Game though, like real game, that comes from talking to chicks, and pushing their buttons.

There's no time like the present. Indeed, if you can learn how to bullshit with a chick, you're ahead of most guys.

With that in mind, you have to be in an environment where your size isn't working against you. So beach parties or rocking in the middle of a dance floor might not be your best avenue.

Post up by the bar, looking like [Image: Kingpinm.png]

That might work for you.

WIA

is it wrong that i recognize the kingpin from the punisher? iirc, he was a total bad ass martial artist and worked out all the time, no idea why the creators made him so fat.

Go watch the Youtube video of the guy who puts on a fat suit to go make approaches.

Quote: (10-11-2014 08:43 PM)tdawg Wrote:  

Go watch the Youtube video of the guy who puts on a fat suit to go make approaches.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUy3_kBme4M

300 is very high; you should lose weight first. If this is really true, I think you might get 4's or p4p, other than that, time to hit the gym [Image: wink.gif]

[Image: 1.+Go+to+fountain+of+youth+2.+Go+_5befb8...a44a5b.jpg]