rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Women who ask "can you cook"? Feminist shit test?

I've been on a few dates recently where the topic of food always comes up and the girl always asks "do you like to cook?" or "what are good at cooking" or something like that.

I used to respond with a vibrant "yes!" and then explain a few of my favorite plates, but lately I've just been telling them the blunt truth: "like most guys, cooking is not one of my strong suits, but I like to get creative with fish plates!" or "No I'm a guy, I suck at cooking, but I do try to be daring sometimes...lol".

Is this question a feminist shit test? Are these women looking for a supplicating man who will cook for them, wash the dishes, etc.? I'm having fun with these humorous, masculine responses. [Image: icon_razz.gif]

A more proper response, in my opinion would have been:

"Not really, can't seem to get past boiling water." With a smirk.

Why not flip it around on the girl ?

I always say "better than you"

I can cook, not a pro, but better than most people, especially girls.

A certain type of girl takes pride in not knowing how to cook, she is an extractive type who wants to just get things, time effort and food, out of you. Dont try to impress her, tease her about her lack of skills. "Yes I cook, its not hard. How can an adult not know how to cook? You just follow directions, its easy"

Some girls like the idea of cooking but pay no attention to details and as a result burn things, undercook things, over or under season things, etc. and then are distraughtan d helpless wondering why their food isnt good. These girls, just be like "Yea I cook." "Oh whats something you like to cook?" "Salmon, roast chicken" "Omg you can make that?! I make like, spaghetti... you have to cook for me sometime!" "Eh maybe"

Some girls are actually good cooks. It should be obvious from how she talks about it. In this case you can chit chat about favorite dishes and preparations if you are both in the know.

For any girls who are not good cooks, do nit discuss the details of cooking. For girls who are, it becomes an appropriate topic of conversation.

Dont let some imbecile girl who doesnt know how to cook bring you down to her level by implying you dont know how to cook. It is a skill you have, a sign of learning and practical knowledge, a way for you to control your environment, manage your health, and eat delicious food. You should be proud of knowing how to cook just like you would be proud of speaking another language, playing an instrument, anything. If she takes pride in knowing nothing, best to act superior and try to pierce her false security in her worthlessness.

"Sure, best meth in my area."

"Am I supposed to be able to?"

"Funny, I was just about to ask you the same."

"I make a mean boxed Mac and Cheese. How about you?"

"Yes, but not on days when I'm too tired from my facial and mani-pedi."

Blair Naso publishes on ROK every Thirsty Thursday. Send him mail, read his articles, and buy his literary anthology.

I've answered that one honestly. I explain that I'm into living a healthy lifestyle and that doing so requires cooking from scratch.

If only you knew how bad things really are.

Quote: (10-09-2014 10:57 AM)Sonsowey Wrote:  

If she takes pride in knowing nothing, best to act superior and try to pierce her false security in her worthlessness.

"Why yes, I am better than you"

"I'd hate myself if I had that kind of attitude, if I were that weak." - Arnold

"The better question is, can YOU cook. What can you do that would impress me?"

I feel that a lot of people lately are not using the search function.

WestIndianArchie lays down some absolute gold on the subject in this thread, better than I could say. I've done what he says and not even realized how crucial it is game-wise. I searched for "can you cook" and forgot entirely I'd posted in the thread until I re-read it:

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-31190.html

Read My Old Blog - Subscribe To My Old Blog
Top Posts - Fake Rape? - Sex With A Tranny? - Rich MILF - What is a 9?

"Failure is just practice for success"

Though this may be a shit test it can also be just small talk and conversation cooking shows are all the rage these days as are foodie type shows, its a normal topic of conversation not necessarily trying to turn you into her bitch and cook for her. I actually enjoy cooking alot and am pretty good at it so it's a fun date activity and a reason to get them to my house.

My problem with this shit test is almost every woman who has ever asked me this can't cook herself.

Bringing nothing to the table..... #JustWomanThings

Quote: (10-09-2014 01:44 PM)jamaicabound Wrote:  

Though this may be a shit test it can also be just small talk and conversation cooking shows are all the rage these days as are foodie type shows, its a normal topic of conversation not necessarily trying to turn you into her bitch and cook for her. I actually enjoy cooking alot and am pretty good at it so it's a fun date activity and a reason to get them to my house.

Yeah - it's probably some absent minded small talk.

Depending on your skill-set, you can either turn it around on her with some teasing or tell her about this delicious dish you are an expert at. Allusions of aphrodisiacs in your kitchen are always fun. Then it is easy to move into a date at your place.

There is an Alpha way of going about it. Obviously if you cannot really cook, then it is no deal-braker.

Personally not one girl in Eastern Europe has ever asked me that, but a few Western girls did. It is really funny since most girls here know how to cook and Ukrainian women can even take offense if you do not wish to eat something that she had cooked - it is a source of pride for them - even for the very young girls. In the brainwashed feminist West it is a matter of shame and patriarchy, so they sort of flip the script, but I don't think that it is a shit test. You only fail, if you try to please her while having no clue about cooking and claiming otherwise.

Quote: (10-09-2014 01:36 PM)AneroidOcean Wrote:  

I've done what he says and not even realized how crucial it is game-wise.

Appreciate the props.

But this is a key point.

" I've done what he says and not even realized how crucial it is game-wise."

Sometimes you do some accidental game.

I read folks game manuals and I'm like, "I do that already, without thinking about it...now I see some good reasoning behind it, I can use it more often and be strategic."

WIA

All the top chefs are men, but that doesn't mean that they women shouldn't cook at home. Guys shouldn't have to do more than flipping steaks on the BBQ.

"I chop wood and fix computers"

I kill and field dress the game. You cook it for me. Period.

Quote: (10-11-2014 02:16 AM)Sidney Crosby Wrote:  

All the top chefs are men, but that doesn't mean that they women shouldn't cook at home. Guys shouldn't have to do more than flipping steaks on the BBQ.

I care about my health too much to rely on a woman to fulfil my nutritional requirements full-time.

It's probably not a conscious thing, but they inadvertently try to fatten you up as well, in an attempt to take you out of the game.