rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Flakez. Don't let'em get to you

Variations of the following have probably been uttered a million times before. As a new guy to game I want to give a little pep talk to anybody out there going through the noobie shit that I am.

I just got flaked on. Girl was super on, my texts and her responses were exactly how Krauser's book Daygame Mastery said they would be with a Yes Girl and guess what? She still flaked.

I felt annoyed, bitter, sad, bruised ego and all that shit. I started to drive home.

A block from my house I said to myself Fuck That Noise! I turned around and drove to the mall. I Yadstopped a Saudi Arabian 7.5 and got her number.

TL;DR Getting flaked on sucks, but you gotta just get back on the fucking horse and SARGE HARD!

Saudi Arabian eh? I think Middle Eastern women are absolutely beautiful. They are my favorite after Latina women. Kurdish, Arabic, Persian, etc. They are wonderful.

Anyways...

It's hard not to at least be agitated by it every once in a while. Technology today has made it very easy to build contacts. But a side effect of it is that it's also made it easier for people to be passive aggressive and block out contacts.

I no longer care about women that flake. I am not interested in anything serious so I will move on to another if it happens. When I talking to any woman I just assume she will do it at some point; hence why I push sex as soon as possible. If i am dating I also assume she is seeing/fucking someone else. That's just the nature of the beast today.

What actually does bother me however are the acquaintances (Men) that flake on me. I am in the process of starting a business and I have a had several guys flake out. They're so fucking lazy, distracted, and/or narcissistic as hell. My business ambitions are a huge and it really does piss me off at times having to deal with this since I cannot do every single thing myself.

Quote: (10-07-2014 08:41 PM)Old Fritz Wrote:  

Saudi Arabian eh? I think Middle Eastern women are absolutely beautiful. They are my favorite after Latina women. Kurdish, Arabic, Persian, etc. They are wonderful.

Anyways...

It's hard not to at least be agitated by it every once in a while. Technology today has made it very easy to build contacts. But a side effect of it is that it's also made it easier for people to be passive aggressive and block out contacts.

I no longer care about women that flake. I am not interested in anything serious so I will move on to another if it happens. When I talking to any woman I just assume she will do it at some point; hence why I push sex as soon as possible. If i am dating I also assume she is seeing/fucking someone else. That's just the nature of the beast today.

What actually does bother me however are the acquaintances (Men) that flake on me. I am in the process of starting a business and I have a had several guys flake out. They're so fucking lazy, distracted, and/or narcissistic as hell. My business ambitions are a huge and it really does piss me off at times having to deal with this since I cannot do every single thing myself.

Yeah, dudes flaking is kinda weird. I'm trying to get to the point where I don't care about the flakes. Right now it still stings a bit, but I just gotta get used to it.

The Saudi Arabian girl texted me two times then disappeared. Fuck it though, I opened another 19 yr old today 6.5 and got her number. I got a date at five with a 6 and I plan on getting some more numbers before or after that. Sarge on

Sometimes the best way to get through a flake and back on track, is to envision the last smashing success you've had with a quality chick

It can serve to re-focus you so that you don't get to hung up with the sting of a flake

Before you know it the sting gets less and less until one day you automatically chuckle at flakes because you know you have 3 more you can summon in the pipeline

MDP

When I approach an average /hot chick , number close her then she flakes.
I always say this , that it became a habit : I didn't lose anything because I had nothing before I approached her , after taking her number it's a 50/50 situation , if she flakes then it was likely to happen . Always Move on !

I no longer care about women that flake. I am not interested in anything serious so I will move on to another if it happens. When I talking to any woman I just assume she will do it at some point;

that flake on me. I am in the process of starting a business and I have a had several guys flake out. They're so fucking lazy, distracted, and/or narcissistic as hell. My business ambitions are a huge and it really does piss me off at times having to deal with this since I cannot do every single thing myself.

I look at flakiness the way a daytrader looks at a trade that stops out. A certain proportion of trades are gonna terminate with a stop loss, maybe even a majority.

You just try to get your takeaway from each losing trade and move on.

As for guys flaking out -- one strike policy. If someone does not show up early for your project, they are late. You need to work with sparkplugs not fireplugs.

Quote: (10-09-2014 06:39 PM)tdawg Wrote:  

I no longer care about women that flake. I am not interested in anything serious so I will move on to another if it happens. When I talking to any woman I just assume she will do it at some point;

that flake on me. I am in the process of starting a business and I have a had several guys flake out. They're so fucking lazy, distracted, and/or narcissistic as hell. My business ambitions are a huge and it really does piss me off at times having to deal with this since I cannot do every single thing myself.

I look at flakiness the way a daytrader looks at a trade that stops out. A certain proportion of trades are gonna terminate with a stop loss, maybe even a majority.

You just try to get your takeaway from each losing trade and move on.

As for guys flaking out -- one strike policy. If someone does not show up early for your project, they are late. You need to work with sparkplugs not fireplugs.

I agree. It's also a bit frustrating getting important calls and texts outright ignored.

Quote: (10-09-2014 03:59 PM)MY DETROIT PLAYAS Wrote:  

Before you know it the sting gets less and less until one day you automatically chuckle at flakes because you know you have 3 more you can summon in the pipeline

Man, I cannot wait to get to that point. [Image: banana.gif]

Over time, they have bothered me much less.

It helps of course when you have a rotation. Even if you do not, be psychologically prepared for it. Don't let it spoil your night. Other girls and your friends will not always be available in the event of a last minute flake. All the more reason to be able to roll out solo to approach and enjoy he evening in the event of a flake.

Gaming is a lot like playing basketball. Can you guarantee that 100% of your shots make it? No, not even top NBA players can. You will start out missing 99% of your shots. These can be due to all sorts of reasons, other team's defense, your sucky skills, the weather, etc. You cannot control anything except your own skills. Slowly you will make more shots as your skill and experience increase, but still you will never get 100%, and it is ridiculous to expect that.

Once you get intermediate in Game, and after about 50+ flakes, you will learn not only to tolerate but to expect them.

The more you get flaked, the more you will learn. Also, sometimes when you feel like giving up, after weeks of non-stop flaking and bullshit, then is when you score a (hopefully) fulfilling bang.

Quote: (10-10-2014 12:08 PM)Ternarydemonite Wrote:  

Once you get intermediate in Game, and after about 50+ flakes, you will learn not only to tolerate but to expect them.

The more you get flaked, the more you will learn. Also, sometimes when you feel like giving up, after weeks of non-stop flaking and bullshit, then is when you score a (hopefully) fulfilling bang.

50? That doesn't sound so bad.

Quote: (10-09-2014 09:17 PM)Dantes Wrote:  

All the more reason to be able to roll out solo to approach and enjoy he evening in the event of a flake.

Rolling solo has always been easy for me. I think because I moved around a lot as a kid.

Quote: (10-09-2014 09:27 PM)edtf Wrote:  

You cannot control anything except your own skills.

Good call. Working on that.

Quote: (10-09-2014 03:59 PM)MY DETROIT PLAYAS Wrote:  

Sometimes the best way to get through a flake and back on track, is to envision the last smashing success you've had with a quality chick

Haven't had what I'd call a smashing success in a couple years. Won't stop me from aiming for one. [Image: banana.gif]

Quote: (10-09-2014 05:19 PM)Euphoric_Breeze Wrote:  

When I approach an average /hot chick , number close her then she flakes.
I always say this , that it became a habit : I didn't lose anything because I had nothing before I approached her , after taking her number it's a 50/50 situation , if she flakes then it was likely to happen . Always Move on !

Dude, I was saying that shit at the gym today. Good words, thanks.

Three weeks ago I got 3 numbers. Two weeks ago I got 7 numbers. Last week I got 2 numbers. Out of all those numbers I got one bang and still talking to only two out of twelve girls. Flakes happen.

Could I improve my game? Yes. Could tolerate a little more bullshit? Sure. Do I want to? Nope.

My time is valuable and some girls just like to flake. I don't have patience for bullshit or drama so I just delete the number and move on. 12 numbers, 1 bang, 2 girls I still talk to. Not great percentages, but it reemphasizes my continous abundance attitude. For every girl that drops from phone/circle, two more pop up.

This is a numbers game and the you lose when you don't go after as many as you can. I got rejected about seven or eight times in the last three weeks. I don't let it bother me and flakes bother me even less.

Quote: (10-12-2014 02:17 PM)Sturmgeist Wrote:  

Three weeks ago I got 3 numbers. Two weeks ago I got 7 numbers. Last week I got 2 numbers. Out of all those numbers I got one bang and still talking to only two out of twelve girls. Flakes happen.

Could I improve my game? Yes. Could tolerate a little more bullshit? Sure. Do I want to? Nope.

My time is valuable and some girls just like to flake. I don't have patience for bullshit or drama so I just delete the number and move on. 12 numbers, 1 bang, 2 girls I still talk to. Not great percentages, but it reemphasizes my continous abundance attitude. For every girl that drops from phone/circle, two more pop up.

This is a numbers game and the you lose when you don't go after as many as you can. I got rejected about seven or eight times in the last three weeks. I don't let it bother me and flakes bother me even less.

I'm definitely noticing that the more rejections and flakes I get, the less of a big deal they are. And by the way, 1/12 seems to be a pretty good percentage considering pros like Nick Krauser and Paul Janka are 1/10.

Quote: (10-12-2014 02:23 PM)cobrantula Wrote:  

Quote: (10-12-2014 02:17 PM)Sturmgeist Wrote:  

I'm definitely noticing that the more rejections and flakes I get, the less of a big deal they are. And by the way, 1/12 seems to be a pretty good percentage considering pros like Nick Krauser and Paul Janka are 1/10.

Thats the thing. Most guys get a number or two and pat themselves on the back and stop. Then they start getting thirsty when they don't fuck those two girls who they got the number from.

I'm not a fan of it, but I game in the gym because I find women who actually workout attractive. My success there is about 50/50 in terms of numbr closing. I've yet to bang anyone at my gym, so I'm pushing a bit harder.

Last night the two asian girls (waitstaff) at the restaurant flatly told me "No" when I asked for their numbers. I laughed, said "ok" and walked out. The more rejection you get, the better off you are.

Failure breeds success if you're determined enough.

Flakes are just inevitable part of life.

In this day and age flakes should have less negative connotations for them simply because of the basis behind it. one way of looking at it is you didn't create enough "value" ergo she flaked but its been discussed before - females are addicted to the flashing alert notifications on their smartphone and the endless validation they get on a daily basis. couple that with women in Gen-X having the attention span of a goldfish and flaking is not even worth a second thought. I see guys beat themselves up or feel the sting because of flaking; quite simply aside from being a rockstar or her dealer (and she is looking for her next hit) you have to assume she will ALWAYS flake.

The "wait and text back 'ok' or 'no prob'" tactic is the best response to these douches, especially when you get some rambling bullshit of a flake excuse. Barely type 1 or 2 words; shows they're worth zero effort.

It simply and effectively conveys your message that you couldn't give a shit; you also re-establish the frame and maintain your self respect, which is what really counts.

“….and we will win, and you will win, and we will keep on winning, and eventually you will say… we can’t take all of this winning, …please Mr. Trump …and I will say, NO, we will win, and we will keep on winning”.

- President Donald J. Trump

Quote: (10-12-2014 09:42 PM)YossariansRight Wrote:  

The "wait and text back 'ok' or 'no prob'" tactic is the best response to these douches, especially when you get some rambling bullshit of a flake excuse. Barely type 1 or 2 words; shows they're worth zero effort.

It simply and effectively conveys your message that you couldn't give a shit; you also re-establish the frame and maintain your self respect, which is what really counts.

I rarely respond these days. as I see almost any response as being interpreted as her validation either towards reinforcing why she flaked or somehow she is better than she actually is:

- "k" = he's pissed, so glad i didnt go hes creepy anyway
- "meh" = urgh he isn't worth it I can do so much better
- "pity" = he's hung up on me

then if I ignore her I will quote an actual conversation from a girl who flaked, I ignored then she contacted me again:

Her; Hey how are you?
Me; fine thanks
Her; ok, do you want to catch up?
Me; no
Her; jeez where did that come from? so rude

over exaggerating for the sake of emphasis but not by much. the female rationale galvanises her against any hint that SHE might be the problem so I find it better not to reply. in the case of the girl who flaked and I ignored it didn't click that I could be not interested and somehow it was me being rude which highlights how their existence is quite the bubble.

Quote: (10-12-2014 09:52 PM)RUIN Wrote:  

Quote: (10-12-2014 09:42 PM)YossariansRight Wrote:  

I rarely respond these days. as I see almost any response as being interpreted as her validation either towards reinforcing why she flaked or somehow she is better than she actually is:

- "k" = he's pissed, so glad i didnt go hes creepy anyway
- "meh" = urgh he isn't worth it I can do so much better
- "pity" = he's hung up on me

then if I ignore her I will quote an actual conversation from a girl who flaked, I ignored then she contacted me again:

Her; Hey how are you?
Me; fine thanks
Her; ok, do you want to catch up?
Me; no
Her; jeez where did that come from? so rude

over exaggerating for the sake of emphasis but not by much. the female rationale galvanises her against any hint that SHE might be the problem so I find it better not to reply. in the case of the girl who flaked and I ignored it didn't click that I could be not interested and somehow it was me being rude which highlights how their existence is quite the bubble.

IMHO, no reply conveys that your pissed or they got to you. That's why I use "ok" or "no prob". Simple, with zero effort.

You can either read something or interpret it; the real meaning is usually found in the interpretation.

I can see your side and Hell, I might just do nothing the next time. But I do enjoy telling them to "fuck off" by saying what I do as well as resetting my frame.

“….and we will win, and you will win, and we will keep on winning, and eventually you will say… we can’t take all of this winning, …please Mr. Trump …and I will say, NO, we will win, and we will keep on winning”.

- President Donald J. Trump

you're right - it boils down to how they interpret it. I used to enjoy writing creative and sometimes passive-scathing comments for my own amusement but the female hamster/rationale took the joy out of it because as I said somehow it completely avoided the real possibility that it was her problem and somehow reinforced the notion that she was better or justified.