rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Why fraternities should admit women via CNN

Why fraternities should admit women

Banning frats outright or forcing them to go co-ed has been in the news a lot lately. Seems like feminists aren't going to be satisfied until there are literally no more male-spaces for them to destroy...

Quote:Quote:

In curbing the excesses and occasional crimes of fraternities and sororities, universities have relied on a traditional set of punishments. They have suspended chapters, or in extreme cases, expelled them from campus. And they have denied chapters "official" recognition as campus organizations. These strategies rarely have any lasting effect and they ignore two of fraternities' defining characteristics, both of which contribute to frequent misbehavior: exclusivity and gender segregation.

By mandating this week that its two residential fraternities admit women on an equal basis, Wesleyan University has taken an important step toward attacking the root of the fraternity problem.

At the risk of stating the obvious, the male-only policy is the heart of the fraternity experience. To the men who join them, it is fundamentally important that theirs is an all-male organization, a brotherhood. A fraternity allows a man to surround himself with others who confirm his masculinity.

It is no surprise that Wesleyan's decision has already been criticized by Delta Kappa Epsilon, one of its fraternities. No doubt many alumni are also upset. But gender exclusivity is precisely the problem with fraternities. In only allowing men to join, fraternities insist that men are fundamentally different from women right in the middle of an environment -- a university -- whose goal is to question such shopworn truisms.

Candidates for membership are evaluated not on a particular skill (like the ability to play soccer or engage in parliamentary debate) or welcomed not because they share political ideals or religious beliefs (like being a libertarian or practicing Catholicism). Rather, the primary criterion for membership—in addition to the secondary characteristics of good looks, wealth, coolness, athletic prowess and unofficially in some organizations, whiteness or blackness—is simply being male.

Fraternities' gender exclusivity has the effect of emphasizing brothers' collective traits, masculinity especially, above all others. Men who join fraternities understand that fraternity membership brings popularity and that their brothers will reward them when they "score" with women.

The reports of sexual assault and gang rape associated with fraternities have much more to do with this kind of hyper-masculinity than with the binge drinking that is so frequently blamed. Men rape women because they believe they are entitled and because they think they can get away with it.

There is an obvious chicken-and-egg question here: Do young men who think about women in demeaning ways join fraternities because the organizations validate their thinking? Or do fraternities inculcate these attitudes in their members? The answer is: both.

Wesleyan's new policy will force fraternity brothers to interact with their female peers in something much closer to equality than before. They might even find that they have something in common. And this sense of similarity might also lead them not to countenance the kind of rapes that occurred in their houses in 2010 and 2013, and that (along with the resulting lawsuits) are surely the impetus behind this step by Wesleyan's administrators.

Wesleyan is only one school and it only has two residential fraternities. It has not mandated gender inclusivity in the organizations (including its one sorority) that do not have on-campus housing. And there is no reason to think that the new policy will lessen drinking, another perennial problem associated with fraternities.

But it may well go some way toward making Wesleyan fraternity men see their female classmates as something other than a proverbial notch on a bedpost. After all, they will now be sisters.

Easy solution. Declare frats a "safe space" (progressives seem to love that shit).

I wish it was that easy.

So sororities are also going to let men join too, we can assume?

Yeah, I heard this the other day that some university is ending frats and sororities and just going co-ed.

My immediate reaction was just how stupid can this get? They were complaining about sexual assault on campus so instead of segregating men and women they want to integrate them more, and in an often alcohol-laden environment. Yeah, that's real smart. Given this formula, do you think the likelihood of sexual assault will decrease or increase?

[Image: facepalm3.gif]

There's really no way anybody, even SJWs, can be this stupid. This is all a carefully constructed assault on any remaining bastion of masculinity (of which frats aren't exactly great). Period.

The key language is when the author essentially states that the goal of the university is to act as a fountainhead of Cultural Marxism and find a truth to support its egalitarian religious theology - namely equalist garbage, rather than the disinterested pursuit of the truth and knowledge, which is what an educational institution should be about.

Read my Latest at Return of Kings: 11 Lessons in Leadership from Julius Caesar
My Blog | Twitter

At this rate, I imagine a day when Reason magazine will be muzzled for similar lines of thinking.

YEah it's always funny how women want to destroy any male only space. Guys, were not into petty bullshit so would not try to join female organizations but on the rare occasion some guy to make a point tries to do something like this we hear how women need a women only space to feel comfortable, everything is a boys club let them have something blah blah blah!!!

The only girls wanting fraternities banned are the ones who couldn't get into sororities themselves.

Sorority girls don't give two shits about SJW causes, it's all about partying and social status with partnered fraternities. Expect them to speak out if more fraternities are banned. Many of these "writers" were likely filtered out from sororities through their horse-like aesthetics alone, the attention whoring social justice philanthropy is just icing on top.

There are a lot of monied interests that wouldn't let this happen. Expect the outrage to subside and nothing done about it.

Once again I will say men under 30 you have my sympathies.

"Feminism is a trade union for ugly women"- Peregrine

The agenda of these feminists is just insultingly blatant at this point. They want to carve open fraternities so that once girls are in, they can launch mass rape accusations with impunity and destroy fraternities and the guys who are members. Who do they think is falling for this?

The thing is that they already do have co-ed fraternities. Most of them are more academically and professioanlly oriented than they ar socially, but nonetheless they exist. Also, if women want to join Greek life they can join a sorority.

What I see going on here is not about "diversity" or "gender equality", rather an attack on fraternities and masculinty. There's been a lot of threads on frats lately and I keep quoting this post I wrote a few days ago:

Quote:Quote:

Universities are doing everything they can to neuter fraternities. Fraternities are currently one of the few bastions of masculinity in America, which of course stands in the way of the cultural marxists' endgame. Seeing as academia is a hotbed of liberalism and feminism, traditional fraternity lifestyle will likely be eradicated within the next decade or so.

IF this was about equality, why shouldn't sororities be forced to accept men? Why isn't that mentioned??

As for the article itself, it's referring to Wesleyan univerity, a notorious liberal school. Also, I find it funny they're trying to take down Delta Kappa Epsilon (DKE). DKE is one of the most prestigious, if not the most prestigious fraternity around. Some of it's alumni include:

· Rutherford B. Hayes
· Theodore Roosevelt
· Gerald R. Ford
· George H.W. Bush
· George W. Bush
· Franklin D. Roosevelt *
· William Randolph Hearst (Hearst Newspapers)
· John Pierpont Morgan, Jr. (famous financier)
· Tom Landry (Coach, Dallas Cowboys)
· Joe Paterno (Football Coach, Penn State University)
· George Steinbrenner (Owner, New York Yankees)
·
http://omegachidke.dekeunited.org/page.php?pageid=11

Hell would probably freeze over before DKE would flush all their history and prestige down the toilet so they can pander to a bunch of cultural marxists.

So Sororities will allow guys?

Quote: (09-27-2014 09:36 AM)Ziltoid Wrote:  

So sororities are also going to let men join too, we can assume?

Haha, some feminist scholar/journalist will spew some word vomit about women-only spaces, equality, rape culture and the patriarchy and everyone will pretend to understand why sororities will remain female-only.

Some fags tried to join black sorority AKA a few years ago, they didn't get in and threatened to sue here's the link (didn't want to post the weird ass video). They may have a case now

*My college had one co-ed greek group but their mixers were always lame and few people rushed. When you add pussy to the mix 90% of guys go simp and the group falls apart while the girls lap up the attention.

Quote: (08-18-2016 12:05 PM)dicknixon72 Wrote:  
...and nothing quite surprises me anymore. If I looked out my showroom window and saw a fully-nude woman force-fucking an alligator with a strap-on while snorting xanex on the roof of her rental car with her three children locked inside with the windows rolled up, I wouldn't be entirely amazed.

I was in a fraternity while at university. This just reminds me how much wish the sphere was around then to set me straight... I wasted many opportunities. I was unfortunately stuck in my romantic search for "the one" phase at the time.

Feminists really do want to eradicate male-only spaces. A lot of the small elite liberal arts colleges have already closed down their Greek systems. The debauchery just moves elsewhere. (Usually freshman dorms).

If only you knew how bad things really are.