rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

DC Council Considers Bill to Ban Native American Mascots

More PC garbage from everybody's favorite city here at RVF:

http://www.dailynews724.com/local/dc-cou...47977.html

Quote:Quote:

The Anacostia High School Indians might soon have to change their name if the D.C. Council approves a new bill that would prohibit the city’s public schools from using Native American mascots.

The bill, introduced Tuesday by council members Kenyan R. McDuffie (D-Ward 5) and David Grosso (I-At Large), would alter the Human Rights Act to ban the use of any race-based nicknames, logos, mascots or team names. It would bring the policy in line with a resolution the council passed last year that called on the Washington Redskins to change its name.

“While I believe we must continue to apply pressure to change the Washington football team’s name, I do not believe we can do it without an air of hypocrisy if we do not address the offensive team names in our own backyard,” McDuffie said in a statement.

Let them eat cake. All these native American groups are always offended over it, so take away any honor that comes with it as well. Cannot have both.

I don't see it passing but I wouldn't care if it did. Some high schools are changing mascots this year. Might as well get it all over with.

Dating Guide for Mainland China Datasheet
TravelerKai's Martial Arts Datasheet
1 John 4:20 - If anyone says, I love God, and hates (detests, abominates) his brother [in Christ], he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, Whom he has not seen.

Quote: (09-24-2014 09:31 PM)TravelerKai Wrote:  

Let them eat cake. All these native American groups are always offended over it, so take away any honor that comes with it as well. Cannot have both.

I don't see it passing but I wouldn't care if it did. Some high schools are changing mascots this year. Might as well get it all over with.

Oh it will pass. The DC Council is extremely liberal and there are no checks and balances: it is almost entirely made up of Democrats with the exception of the one Independent, the one who wanted the Redskins to become the Redtails (Hmmm wonder how he will vote on this one). This is another case of libs telling minorities what they should be offended by; many high schools that are majority Native American use these mascots.

Minnesota earlier this year changed the name of Asian Carp, because they felt it was offensive:
http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2014/04/28...nn-senate/

When will this crap stop?

For a country that prides itself on freedom of speech, there's an awful lot of banning going on when it comes to words.

If we're going to do this, we need to do it for all ethnic groups, so we should get rid of "the fighting Irish" for Notre Dame and use of the word "Guido" on any TV show, for starters...

And, by the way, this isn't coming from Native Americans, but liberal do-gooders. And the reason I'm against it, isn't because of what it is, but because of what it portends: allow them to ban this, and they'll be looking to ban more and more things when they get a taste of power.

This kind of thing never ends well, which is why Frank Zappa spent so much time in the '80s trying to shut down that group of busybody Washington wives who were trying to put a ratings system on rock lyrics.