rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Japan Accommodations

Japan Accommodations

Sakura Hotel in Ikebukuro (Tokyo)

Japan Accommodations

Thanks for suggesting that hotel, have you stayed there? Can you tell us more about your experience there? How much did they charge? How was the staff? Friendly and knowledgeable?

I also stayed the first 2 nights in Tokyo in Ikebukuro, at Kimi Ryokan. Good experience to stay at a typical J type of accommodation. Staff were friendly, knowledgeable and spoke fluent English. I paid about 50/night. Then, I moved to the Hilton in Shinjuku, which is right in the heart of the action. It's a 5 star, rooms are I'd say big for Japan but smaller than other rooms at top hotels elsewhere, but very adequate for a comfortable stay. There's a free gym and swimming pool as well as a free shuttle from the hotel to the Shinjuku station back and forth leaving every 30 minutes until midnight or so. Normal rate is about 300/night but I got a sweet deal at only 100/night, very worth it.

Japan Accommodations

I stayed there for 4 nights...during the earthquake. They are pretty cool and pretty cheap. $80 a night for a single room. It's small but they have heat/ac, a desk, small flat tv, free internet (lan line) window that opens and a refrigerator. It's a step above staying at a hostel and two steps above a love hotel.