rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Loss of Interest in Sports and American Women

Recently, I noticed that my decrease in interest for sports and American women started at roughly the same period in my life. About 10-12 years ago in NYC, I was in a quarter life crisis (my mid to late 20s). The college fraternity life that I had once enjoyed with social status and lots of cute girls was becoming a distant memory. I was having a hard time settling into to my career and life in the big city. The success with women I had enjoyed in college was replaced with disappointment and confusion. Girls seemed different...I struggled with connecting with them and laying them. In retrospect, my Game did not adjust to this phase of my life and more importantly to the changing attitudes of women.

A trip to Brazil changed my life forever. I found a land of feminine beautiful creatures who were interested in me. Upon returning to NYC, I committed to dating foreign women. It wasn't until later that I adjusted my Game for American women. But even with this adjustment, I had little interest in sharing my time with a woman of my own culture. My friends didn't quite understand my preference for foreign women, but in time they did.

I am not certain if it is related, but at the same time my interest in sports started to decrease. I had once been a fanatic about baseball and football. I know all of my favorite players statistics and everything about "my team", a term that seems silly to me now. In the fall, my Sundays would revolve around watching my favorite football team go to battle. Sometimes, I would watch alone. Often, I would watch with my friends at a sports bar with the other grown men in jerseys yelling and cursing at the screen.

It wasn't a conscious epiphany, but I slowly started to shift my attention away from sports to other topics: politics, philosophy, history, art, and traveling. I became an avid reader. My friends didn't understand this shift and seemed to feel betrayed.

Presently, I still follow sports a bit. However, I find myself more interested in the cultural and financial aspects of the games (e.g. Ray Rice, Adrian Peterson situations or the various contractual negotiations). I haven't watched one inning of "my baseball team", whereas there was a time when I watched almost every game. I don't even know who the quarterback is on "my football team". In the past I could name every position on other sides of the ball.

The loss of interest in American women and sports seem related in some way. Maybe it was my realization of not being the all American guy which seemed to fit in my college years. Perhaps it is a by-product of becoming an international man, becoming disillusioned with my own culture, and the evolution of my tastes and preferences. Still it could be the observation of a cultural decline and an urge develop a meaningful life in a different way. Nothing represents success in America more than the Quarterback and his blonde hair, bue-eyed perfect girl.

So this Sunday, instead of gorging on nachos and light beer in a sports bar cock-fest, I will hit my favorite mall, coffee shop or sushi place to meet a cute asian, latina, or russian girl who doesn't know the first thing about football and is likely spending her sunday in a feminine activity of shopping, grabbing a coffee or getting her hair or nails done. Because that is what a cute foreign girl does on Sunday.

I've never understood the North American male's obsession with sports. I pick my friends around this. I cannot stand listening to people talk about whatever game, player statistics, their fantasy pool etc. To me, it seems like such a waste of time. There are so many better uses of free time.

Nice post.

I don't think any of the hardcore red pill guys that I know are into watching sports. I'm not.

I know some purple pill dudes that are. They still hold onto some of their ingrained beliefs but at the same time don't idolize women, and spend much of their time in self improvement.

One thing that I consistently find amazing is the idolization of other humans, be it athletes or celebrities. I do think it's good to have examples of what you consider successful, but I'm willing to bet that people that really idolize other humans don't do much to improve their own station in life.

I believe that when you spend most of your energy on yourself and being the best you can, you have less interest in the lives of others, and that includes celebrities and athletes. When you see results in an improved love life, improved financial situation, or just an improvement in overall happiness, a lot of the peripheral distractions start to fall away.

"...so I gave her an STD, and she STILL wanted to bang me."

TEAM NO APPS

TEAM PINK

I haven't been following any professional sport in a while, the only one I still enjoy to watch is female tennis because of all the grunting and sexy legs.

Great post, I feel like you are experiencing much what I feel right now. We are close to the same age, and I feel the same way about the changes in my life...

#1) Getting women in college was easy, afterwards was not. The post college life was far more miserable than I expected it to be. Then I slowly discovered foreign women, put 2 and 2 together and realized the problem was this country was slowly getting worse combined with the women were already subpar here to start with. Funny enough, I didn't go to Brazil, but my roommate did with some friends. Their pictures and stories alone sealed the deal of me realizing that the USA was not a worth while effort.

#2) Along with this my interest in sports continued to fall.

In my opinion it is a mix of this country getting drastically more miserable after 9/11 combined with taking the red pill so that many things I never realized in the past had become a fact of life. I feel so bad for guys who didn't get to go to college pre 9/11. The things we did routinely are probably just not allowed today. Women back then actually were some what feminine, they actually were interested in men. You didn't have a police state trying to make everything illegal.

I too have little to no interest in American women. NAWALT is so true. The few times you do find a woman in the USA who appears to not be a basket case, they take the first opportunity to flake out or skank it up. It is a great disappointment. Women in the USA seem to be proud of putting their worst effort forward and I don't find it interesting or attractive at all.

Along with this I have lost interest in American sports. As a kid I lived to watch sports. Baseball, basketball, football, all day, every chance I got. Today I hardly ever watch a game start to finish and often just check the score on my phone. I just try to get enough knowledge so if I am in a small talk session with some other guy I can talk with them for a few minutes.

And I think this is because of the following reasons...

#1) We are getting older. These are no longer our heros to look up to, or the guys our age we want to see make it. Most pro athletes are now kids to us. Arrogant many times, and completely unaware and not interested in the vast knowledge of life we could share with them. Playing a game, where the result has little to no bearing on our life. It is a fun escape, but not as excited as it is when you are younger.

#2) I'm so sick of all the sports pandering to the low information fan. Back in the 1980's you had to look and find just when the game would be on. That effort alone would scare most the low information fan away. There wasn't all this production and promotion. We didn't have someone lecturing us on our lives. We just watched a game, or the gladiators going to battle.

#3) The 24/7 coverage makes it nauseating. The coverage of Michael Sam and Tim Tebow was beyond ridiculous.

#4) I think as you age you want to do something with your life. It becomes a new drive as you hit your 30's. We have gotten laid. We know what it takes. We know women. Been there, done that. But when it is said and done, what will I have done with this life? A lot less if I spend my free time watching 25 year olds who get paid millions of dollars to play a game designed to teach boys how to prepare for the battle fields.

You definitely become much more red pill Dantes. That is what happens over time to some red pill guys. I myself still enjoy sports but I definitely have pulled back some of it, although much of that has to do with starting a family with my foreign wife. I just get pickier with my time spent on sports and video games.

As men we all feel the urge to take up new challenges and venture into new territories from time to time. No need to feel any remorse from it. Embrace it and keep on moving forward.

Thanks for sharing that story.

Dating Guide for Mainland China Datasheet
TravelerKai's Martial Arts Datasheet
1 John 4:20 - If anyone says, I love God, and hates (detests, abominates) his brother [in Christ], he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, Whom he has not seen.

And a crazy thing to think about....

Sports today is so big, but at the same time men are so much under the microscope, I am happy I am not a pro athlete.

I could have all that money, fame, I could travel the world and have women draped on my arm. I would be set for life.

Right?

It rarely works that way. Because the red pill is more valuable than fame and millions of dollars. Red pill knowledge is beyond value. If you were able to have both the red pill and the pro athlete life, yea things would be perfect. But these guys are rarely red pill, which makes sports that much less interesting. They are often purple pill at best and in most cases blue pill.

They were probably always the biggest, strongest, best looking guy, confidence oozed out of them. So they have always had women fighting for them. Now they have millions and their face on TV, they have women beating down their door. How does a man like that learn the red pill ways? They almost never do, until they end up have 5 kids by 3 different women, the child support system and fast living takes all their wealth, they end up 50, bankrupt and lost.

If only the pro leagues would hire the wise men at Roosh to truly teach the rookies every year the dangers of our society.

A big part of the meaning and beauty of the major American sports is the way they are an organic part of the rhythm and seasonality of the yearly cycle of American life. The way an endless regular season baseball game is part of the deep summer, with the guys sweating in the dugout and spitting out their chewing gum; or the way that the World Series marks the time when the leaves are changing and the air becomes crisp and you start seeing tits hugged by light sweaters. Then the serious fall and winter as the football season gets going, the sunny brilliance of an NFL Sunday in January... and as spring comes around and sluts start showing their legs and young boobs, you step into the bar and there is a basketball game on. For many men, it is the fundamental rhythm of the American year, and if you are part of that rhythm, you may be a casual or more than casual fan of one or a few of these sports, and it's like the air you breathe.

Conversely, when you fall out of that rhythm, the spell can be broken... and once broken it often cannot be recast. Once you're out of that rhythm, you often do not step back in. So it is unsurprising that a man who has fallen out of a natural relation to the basic fabric of American life, also loses his organic connection to the big seasonal sports that are so densely woven into that fabric.

I have sometimes thought that for a man who maintains an intense and continuing relation to women, a man who is still in the hunt and on the make, it would not be a bad idea at all to be an avid fan of one or more sports. I believe that one of the things that most endear sports to men is the orderly and predictable structures that they offer, structures that reward habitual attention and interest, and that offer the possibility of intense emotions, both positive and negative, but within a tightly bound and encompassable sphere. You study the stats, you read the stories, and you have an idea of what the parts are and how they might play out; then you sit back and watch the game, and in the end the score tells the story. It is a seemly and beautiful structure, and it could hardly be more obdurately and stainingly masculine.

That is in many ways the opposite of the world of women and eros, whch is intractably chaotic, wild, and unpredictable, even for those most expert in it. I think that maintaining a real organic foothold in the orderly sports world can provide a welcome dose of relief, objective ballast, and interest removed from the self and from psychology, to men who are hotly involved with the chaotic, crazy and inexorably (and often futilely) absorbing world of women. I've noticed that some of the guys on the forum who have maintained such a foothold -- in particular, some of the guys who regularly post on the boxing thread -- are some of the happier and more balanced guys around here. It's not a hard and fast rule, of course; but I think there is something to it.

same old shit, sixes and sevens Shaft...

How do you guys follow sports which have very little appeal apart from youtube moments? Are American sports built around marketing when it comes to plays?

Dang. Lizard, that was downright poetic!

If only you knew how bad things really are.

There's a huge difference between playing sports and watching sports.

I'm very much into sports, more so after taking the Red Pill, but I play sports, and don't watch much (except for the occasional soccer match).

If you're talking about watching sports and American (or Anglosphere) women, then they're all tied to the consumerist mentality, which is very much Blue Pill. That's why you lose interest in both at the same time.

It's funny, the opposite has happened to me.

In my school days, I was never into sports, I was into music, art, history, philosophy, etc. All the opposite of what everyone else, or at least the majority was into. I was not a physical person, I didn't do any exercise really. I'd go to the gym on and off but never had the dedication to stick with it. I was pretty anti-competitive really. Didn't try hard, was a slacker, aspired to laziness and comfort, so sports was totally antithetical to me. In a way it was good to be able to reject the stupid shit everyone else was doing, I've always been doing that in some way or another.

After I graduated college, and moved abroad, I slowly began getting interested in sports from hanging out with Americans abroad actually. No longer being surrounded by it I could get into it a little without my anti-mainstream instincts kicking in.

Coming back home, my friends who were always into sports, I suddenly had a bit more of an interest in it. The competitive aspect of it started appealing to me a lot more. The strategy, skill, effort and dedication it took to do this.

This was at the time I started taking physical fitness seriously as well. I dabbled in a few martial arts, but eventually have settled on just hitting the gym. But I began to see what a skill it was to be physically fit, what dedication it took, and that also helped me begin to appreciate sports better.

Watching sports is of course a couple hours of sitting around doing nothing really, and following sports stats, rumors, contract negotiations, is really just the male form of female's celebrity gossip. Maybe a bit more male-flavored but basically the same thing.

I have always been an outsider hipster when it comes to this worship of sports teams. In high school I played, went to some games but for the adult male to be fixated on millionaires who don't know him seems really adolescent.

They're not your friends, you're their customer.

I don't begrudge anyone, if people have some fun focusing on it fine, but I spent much more time riding MY bicycle on Sunday afternoons than watching someone else play sports, and I'm happy about it.

There's nothing wrong with watching sports or admiring the athletic prowess of the people playing the game but cult like sports fanaticism is pretty blue pill. A person deriving identity and personal self worth from a team of millionaires playing ball is piss weak beta behavior. It's riding the coattails of successful people and living vicariously through their deeds.

There's also something really gay about harping on and on about an individual athlete like a male groupie. It's ok to admire a Lebron James or Peyton Manning's skill but when you get tattoos of men's faces and other shit then that just screams closet faggot.

Muy chevere!

For 30 years, sports were my life.

I was raised to be an athlete. It's all my family cared about.

I strived to become a professional athlete. My family expected me to become a professional athlete. Not because I was good enough, it was more their own delusions of grandeur based on the fact that my grandfather was a pro soccer player.

I played in college, I had a short stint in the minor leagues and in an overseas pro league.

I wasn't good enough to be a pro, I really wasn't even close!

I got into coaching. I watch every nationally televised NBA game for years. Basketball was my job.

Than, I got out of coaching. I didn't like working nights and weekends. I got a regular job.

After that, I still played sports but I stopped watching them for the most part. Seems like a waste of time for me.

I used to live according the the American Sports cycle that The Lizard of Oz so accurately described.

Now, I am into other things.

---

This concept has actually been studied many times.

People watch sports because it gives them a sense of purpose. It makes them feel like they are a part of something. It unites them with other fans and together they can share in the joy and pain of winning and losing. It is entertainment in the same way that movies and television are entertainment. It's basically just "reality tv" for guys.

It's really not much different from the Roman Coliseum except that instead of going to the The Coliseum, we can just turn on our televisions.

---

The word fan is short for "fanatic". A "fanatic" is one who cares too much

---

I'm not knocking anyone for watching sports.

We are all free to spend our free time doing whatever we want.

If sports make you happy, god bless you.

---

I have lived in Brazil so I have experienced sports as a religion and source of hope, pride, happiness, purpose, and destiny.

Quote: (09-19-2014 11:30 AM)cmrocks Wrote:  

I've never understood the North American male's obsession with sports. I pick my friends around this. I cannot stand listening to people talk about whatever game, player statistics, their fantasy pool etc. To me, it seems like such a waste of time. There are so many better uses of free time.

Um... that's a Canadian flag; you must understand the obsession with hockey up there (even though no Canadian team has won a Stanely Cup since about 1993 - doh!)

But I agree it's one thing to watch sports; quite another to turn into a total seething prole over the whole experience. That game may mean everything to a fan, but it's safe to say the fan means nothing to the player.

Quote: (09-19-2014 07:11 PM)StrikeBack Wrote:  

There's a huge difference between playing sports and watching sports.

I'm very much into sports, more so after taking the Red Pill, but I play sports, and don't watch much (except for the occasional soccer match).

If you're talking about watching sports and American (or Anglosphere) women, then they're all tied to the consumerist mentality, which is very much Blue Pill. That's why you lose interest in both at the same time.

I find "sports chicks" too androgenous regardless of appearance. It's another manifestation of the misguided belief that they need to be just like guys in every way. It's even more off putting to listen to a like-minded female sportscaster talk about football as if she has penis envy.

I'm on the same wavelength as you: My interest in sports and Americunts has pretty much cratered. There are many reasons why, but the ones that come to me instantly:

For sports:
Overexposure of everything
Everything's a "highlight reel" or "great" or "the greatest"
The annoying music and overproduction of most events
The hyping of certain teams in certain sports (Dallas Cowboys, LA Lakers, NY Yankees, etc.) whether they're doing well or not and teams from smaller cities that do well getting little to no recognition. How many fucking times can the Cowboys be on Sunday Night Football with the storyline of "Will they make the playoffs or not?" Who the fuck cares; showcase games of teams that ARE going to the playoffs!

For Americunts:
The fact that they are Americunts
Cunty, sour faces
Horrible personalities
Fat
Lack of refinement or class (Sorry, 'studying abroad' aka 'riding a foreign cock carousel' for a semester doesn't equate to "cultured")

I may reside in the USA, but I really don't live here. That makes sense, right?

“….and we will win, and you will win, and we will keep on winning, and eventually you will say… we can’t take all of this winning, …please Mr. Trump …and I will say, NO, we will win, and we will keep on winning”.

- President Donald J. Trump

Quote: (09-20-2014 02:49 PM)Giovonny Wrote:  

For 30 years, sports were my life.

I was raised to be an athlete. It's all my family cared about.

I strived to become a professional athlete. My family expected me to become a professional athlete. Not because I was good enough, it was more their own delusions of grandeur based on the fact that my grandfather was a pro soccer player.

I played in college, I had a short stint in the minor leagues and in an overseas pro league.

I wasn't good enough to be a pro, I really wasn't even close!

I got into coaching. I watch every nationally televised NBA game for years. Basketball was my job.

Than, I got out of coaching. I didn't like working nights and weekends. I got a regular job.

After that, I still played sports but I stopped watching them for the most part. Seems like a waste of time for me.

I used to live according the the American Sports cycle that The Lizard of Oz so accurately described.

Now, I am into other things.

---

This concept has actually been studied many times.

People watch sports because it gives them a sense of purpose. It makes them feel like they are a part of something. It unites them with other fans and together they can share in the joy and pain of winning and losing. It is entertainment in the same way that movies and television are entertainment. It's basically just "reality tv" for guys.

It's really not much different from the Roman Coliseum except that instead of going to the The Coliseum, we can just turn on our televisions.

---

The word fan is short for "fanatic". A "fanatic" is one who cares too much

---

I'm not knocking anyone for watching sports.

We are all free to spend our free time doing whatever we want.

If sports make you happy, god bless you.

---

I have lived in Brazil so I have experienced sports as a religion and source of hope, pride, happiness, purpose, and destiny.

I will still watch sports occasionally, but I think of it the same way I think of watching a movie or show on Netflix. It is just of source of entertainment. I don't curse or scream at the TV when one of the characters on the Walking Dead dies, although I might if Daryl ever goes down.

Sports represent one of the many options that are available to help unwind and disconnect from the pressures of life. Watching and participating in them are different. I was involved in sports from a young age. I continue to work out hard and play sports.

For boys, sports represents the optimal way to develop confidence, social skills and work ethic. I am grateful for having the opportunity as it aides in development in so many areas.

As mentioned previously, the loss of interest in watching sports represents a disconnection with my culture and its associated timing. It is not a coincidence that its occurrence was accompanied by a preference for women from other cultures.

Quote: (09-20-2014 02:49 PM)Giovonny Wrote:  

It's basically just "reality tv" for guys.

I heard a girl once say, and rightfully so, "ESPN is TMZ for guys" (if you're not American, ESPN is the largest sports television network where they talk about sports non-stop, to the point of gossip. TMZ serves the function for the entertainment world. Movies, music, TV, etc...)

Civilize the mind but make savage the body.

Professional and college sports have been as carefully crafted to be marketed to the man, as the retailing industry has toward women. I have little to no interest in it, having grown up playing sports and creating sports businesses. I grew up in a hyper inflated NFL, MLB, NBA city, with drama all through my childhood for my home teams, in the shadow of a famous stadium. My father was a near pro football player after college, prior to the NFL. Both of my parents were athletes, as all of my friends. Everyone is a "die hard" lifelong fan, even though these businesses called "teams", haven't delivered with a championship in my lifetime.

Watching the frumpy, disheveled married men devoting so much time and energy to sports makes me think there is something wrong with me for not liking it as much. In my gut I just honestly just dont give a shit. And now with women being as active in NFL as men, its a far different sports culture than I grew up with. Its as if men are not fully men, and women are not women. With the fantasy leagues and March madness, I have to force myself to read the sports pages just to pretend I actually give a sliver of a care.

"With the fantasy leagues and March madness, I have to force myself to read the sports pages just to pretend I actually give a sliver of a care."

Never had the time for either one of those, and I really don't understand the attraction of "fantasy" football. I'd rather live life as it really is than in the fantasy world.

Quote: (09-20-2014 05:43 PM)Vaun Wrote:  

Professional and college sports have been as carefully crafted to be marketed to the man, as the retailing industry has toward women. I have little to no interest in it, having grown up playing sports and creating sports businesses. I grew up in a hyper inflated NFL, MLB, NBA city, with drama all through my childhood for my home teams, in the shadow of a famous stadium. My father was a near pro football player after college, prior to the NFL. Both of my parents were athletes, as all of my friends. Everyone is a "die hard" lifelong fan, even though these businesses called "teams", haven't delivered with a championship in my lifetime.

Watching the frumpy, disheveled married men devoting so much time and energy to sports makes me think there is something wrong with me for not liking it as much. In my gut I just honestly just dont give a shit. And now with women being as active in NFL as men, its a far different sports culture than I grew up with. Its as if men are not fully men, and women are not women. With the fantasy leagues and March madness, I have to force myself to read the sports pages just to pretend I actually give a sliver of a care.

You're from Cleveland aren't you?

Civilize the mind but make savage the body.

I guess I'm still struggling with my unplugging process. It's funny OP that you mention losing interest in sports and getting more into art/academics/travel. I've always had a strong interest in both sports and more academic topics, but I've wondered if I need to emphasize the more "macho" things like sports to attract the younger, more feminine ladies. I think this is part of my problem with the kind of women I draw the attention of here in the United States. I recently tried another round of online dating on mainstream American websites. I only seem to get matched with/get the attention of 27-34yo career women, leftists, SWPLs and nerdy Asians. Being an early-30s engineer, I guess this makes sense. Maybe I should take boxing lessons or something. I'd like to meet youger women (21-27), ethnic/international types. I love certain Latin and European women. I speak conversational Spanish and have considered going abroad to Spain or Latin America.