rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Divorce Rape Gravy Train is over in NJ

N.J.'s alimony law: 5 things you need to know about bill signed by Christie

http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/201...istie.html

TRENTON — After advocates for years argued that New Jersey's alimony laws were outdated, Gov. Chris Christie signed a bill Wednesday to revise the system.

"It's an amazing first step to bring alimony laws in 21st century," said Thomas Leustek, founder of New Jersey Alimony Reform, a group that lobbied for the changes.

Here are five things you need to know about the new law:

1. No more “permanent” alimony

Advocates said the concept behind alimony dates to a time when many women were financially dependent on their husbands because men were the breadwinners. That, they said, left many men and a growing number of women having to make payments for decades. Last year, about 22,000 ex-spouses received alimony under court supervision in New Jersey.

But the new law does away with lifetime — or "permanent" — alimony. Instead, ex-spouses making the payments can apply in most cases to have them end or be modified when they reach the retirement age of 67, unless a judge says otherwise. "Alimony is no longer forever," Leustek said. "Recipients needs to take measures to make sure they secure their future."

The law also stipulates that in marriages lasting fewer than 20 years, the length of payments now cannot exceed the length of the marriage — unless a judge decides there are "exceptional circumstances." Thus, if you were married for seven years, you are not obligated to pay more than seven years of alimony.

2. It doesn't benefit everyone

Most of the law’s changes apply only to couples that get divorced in the future — not to anyone who is currently paying alimony. "This does not change contractual obligations," said Paris Eliades, president of the New Jersey State Bar Association.

But, experts note, the retirement age stipulation does benefit those people. That means even those paying lifetime alimony can apply to end it when they retire.

3. There are stricter rules about living with someone new

Under the old law, payments were supposed to end once the ex-spouse receiving them begins living with a new partner, even if they're not married. But people would often "play games," Eliades said. "They'd get a small studio apartment or a room at a boarding house, though they were living at their partner's house. Other addresses were sometimes used as an escape mechanism."

Under the new law, there are more specific guidelines.

4. It's easier to reduce payments if you are out of work

Experts said there was an unwritten rule under New Jersey's old alimony system: You can reduce your payment if you're unemployed, but usually judges said you needed to be out of work for a year.

Under the new law, you can ask the court to lower payments if you're unemployed for three months. "If you lost your job and you had to continue making $3,000 payments but had no money coming in, that's a pretty frightening prospect," Leustek said.

5. The calls for change aren’t over

Advocates say while the new law is a step in the right direction, it doesn't go far enough. They wished it would extend to those currently paying alimony and be more in line with neighboring Pennsylvania and New York, which have stricter limits on payment duration.

But Laurence Cutler, a Morristown attorney, said the changes may lead to new lawsuits. "This new law clarifies a lot of things," said Cutler, a co-founder of the Matrimonial Lawyers Alliance. "But with any lawsuit that clarifies anything, it raises new questions. "We're going to be litigating for the next 10 years or so as to what this all means."

Team Nachos

First online poker, next came legal sports betting, now this. New Jersey still sucks, but at least they are trying.

10/14/15: The day I learned that convicted terrorists are treated with more human dignity than veterans.

Quote: (09-14-2014 10:28 PM)teh_skeeze Wrote:  

First online poker, next came legal sports betting, now this. New Jersey still sucks, but at least they are trying.

I think they're trying to give men some incentive to marry again. The concept of lifetime alimony is obscene in this day and age. Maybe it'll bring some social stability to the state. Less girls whoring around and less out of wedlock kids. We'll see.

The next thing is legalizing recreational marijuana. I think it's coming soon. They're selling Vapes and E-Cigs all over the malls. I think they're getting people used to the idea. They'll be selling hemp oil for them soon enough.

Team Nachos

Fat fuck Christie has made it clear that it won't happen under his watch. All in all I think he's a decent enough governor. When I disagree with him, I can see why people hate him. He's also a Cowboys fan. Forget weed. Make having the governor a Cowboys fan illegal.

10/14/15: The day I learned that convicted terrorists are treated with more human dignity than veterans.

Awesome.

But let me get this right.... Alimony was forever??? Alimony did not go down if unemployed???

I don't understand why anyone would ever sign up for such a contract. Seriously guy's help me understand this. It seems like a deliberate lifelong act of masocism to me, I cannot get my head around how this could have been the norm [Image: huh.gif]

Even though the current state of the divorce laws is still outrageous, this is a step in the right direction.

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

Quote: (09-15-2014 01:23 AM)Phoenix Wrote:  

Awesome.

But let me get this right.... Alimony was forever??? Alimony did not go down if unemployed???

I don't understand why anyone would ever sign up for such a contract. Seriously guy's help me understand this. It seems like a deliberate lifelong act of masocism to me, I cannot get my head around how this could have been the norm [Image: huh.gif]

Florida also has lifetime alimony.

"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar, De Bello Gallico, Book III, Ch. 18

Quote: (09-14-2014 10:39 PM)Parlay44 Wrote:  

I think they're trying to give men some incentive to marry again. The concept of lifetime alimony is obscene in this day and age. Maybe it'll bring some social stability to the state. Less girls whoring around and less out of wedlock kids. We'll see.

The next thing is legalizing recreational marijuana. I think it's coming soon. They're selling Vapes and E-Cigs all over the malls. I think they're getting people used to the idea. They'll be selling hemp oil for them soon enough.

Nah - I think that the marriage rates tanked and the fuckers realized that if that continues the single mothers and ex-divorcees will be on the dole of the State and they do not want that to happen so soon.

In my opinion they are putting just some band-aid on an open wound where the bones are still sticking out of it. No-fault-divorce, open cuckoldry, legal bias towards women and other ills are still in effect and promiscuity and alpha-widowhood is at an all-time high.

Most guys maybe blue-pill, but they learn and there simply are not enough financially secure jobs to support that kind of divorce-madness.

This is too little and it won't change a thing regarding male outlooks on marriage. Anyone who thinks that it is a reason to vote for anyone of those PR-puppets should reassess their convictions.

If the plutocracy wanted to stabilize marriage they could do so within a few short years. They don't and they won't.

And yes - weed is going to be legalized to dumb down the population even more allowing mostly super-strong brands which would have fried the brains of the hippies of the 1970s. I don't think that they want super healthy hemp-oil & hemp-seeds, hemp-textiles and hemp-plastics be widely acceptable, because those applications are actually more dangerous to them financially, so it is a tricky slope to legalize only pot, but not the other by far more beneficial products created from hemp.

Who knows - they might legalize heroin in the end, so there is some way out in the rampant austerity of the future.

The real end of divorce rape is the end of marriage, as shown in declining marriage rates. Just because one state decides men can have a little lube before their raping doesn't at all change the fact that marriage is a foolish choice for any man not willing to place the remainder of his financial life in the hands of a vindictive wife and sympathetic white knight courts.

Quote: (09-15-2014 04:37 AM)Zelcorpion Wrote:  

And yes - weed is going to be legalized to dumb down the population even more allowing mostly super-strong brands which would have fried the brains of the hippies of the 1970s.

Evidence for dumbing down? If it's anecdotal, I have my own, having smoked a shitload of pot on my way to a near perfect GPA at a highly selective university.

Quote: (09-15-2014 08:54 AM)Rutting Elephant Wrote:  

And yes - weed is going to be legalized to dumb down the population even more allowing mostly super-strong brands which would have fried the brains of the hippies of the 1970s.

Evidence for dumbing down? If it's anecdotal, I have my own, having smoked a shitload of pot on my way to a near perfect GPA at a highly selective university.

Does not matter whether you personally can deal with it. Most guys - especially young ones are becoming way too passive, lack energy and ambition - pot does not help with that. Cocaine on the other hand is highly energizing and a lot of wealthy people are using it - if not overdone the side-effects are less destructive than with alcohol.

The brands available for consumption now are way too strong - only few people will be able to keep their shit together with frequent use:

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/...as-high-s/

http://www.hawaiifreepress.com/ArticlesM...juana.aspx

Not all is based on GMOs of course - they created naturally the strongest brands via natural crossing. Nowadays a lot is going to shit - like most beer brands being just a toxic chemical piss that has little to do with the beer of even the 1980s.

And no - good alcohol, less strong natural Cannabis and some pure Cocaine in moderation is not that bad, but you can hardly get either of those nowadays.

How about the concept of smoking less because you don't need as much? Last night I had 3 16oz beers to get a slight buzz before sleeping. That's 48oz. If I drank 48oz of Johnnie Walker, I'd be dead.

There's always going to be burnouts. Just like there will always be alcoholics. It's fine if you don't wish to partake. Please don't patronize us with fear mongering. If anyone should teach D.A.R.E. it should be me. I've done way more drugs than those cops ever did.

Alimony needs to be abolished, period. In this day of "career women" there's no reason for it to exist at all.

Feminism = No Alimony

Team visible roots
"The Carousel Stops For No Man" - Tuthmosis
Quote: (02-11-2019 05:10 PM)Atlanta Man Wrote:  
I take pussy how it comes -but I do now prefer it shaved low at least-you cannot eat what you cannot see.

People are dumb enough already. A little weed isn't going to make it worse. And this thread is about divorce rape not weed. [Image: lol.gif]

Team Nachos

Quote: (09-15-2014 01:23 AM)Phoenix Wrote:  

Awesome.

Yes. Alimony was forever. I'm pretty sure it still is forever in California and some other places.

The reason guys sign up for it is simple: when you're young you don't think it'll happen to you. It's the same deal with thinking you'll be the one who can smoke and not get lung cancer, or you're the one who doesn't have to save for retirement because you'll strike it rich someday.

I don't know how to warn guys the odds aren't in their favor. It's probably human nature to think you'll be the one to survive when the storm hits, so to speak.

Quote: (09-15-2014 09:27 AM)teh_skeeze Wrote:  

How about the concept of smoking less because you don't need as much? Last night I had 3 16oz beers to get a slight buzz before sleeping. That's 48oz. If I drank 48oz of Johnnie Walker, I'd be dead.

There's always going to be burnouts. Just like there will always be alcoholics. It's fine if you don't wish to partake. Please don't patronize us with fear mongering. If anyone should teach D.A.R.E. it should be me. I've done way more drugs than those cops ever did.

That's not patronizing. I am not against alcohol - I love good beer (drink mostly German imported now) and my favorite drinks are various varieties of scotch - I sometimes drink almost a bottle of it during 24 hours.

All I am saying is that one should research the ingredients of most beers sold in the US - as well as the world - it is a toxic soup. Whiskey is in fact better than beer nowadays.

It is not fear-mongering - cancer does not come from ancient beer recipes - it comes from toxic food and drink which does not resemble real food. There is nothing wrong with taking a good look at it and adjusting your food habits a bit. After some time when you drink one of the toxic . ones you used to drink, you will feel the difference - trust me - you will know that there is something wrong with it after having switched to some German lager for a while.

And to stay on the topic: Alimony will not be abolished. Divorce and alimony payments are still one the leading income streams that women have world-wide. It becomes even more important than inheritance from their husbands due to the rising divorce rate. And it concerns strongly the top 10% of society. It will remain, because it is such a money-scam, where the top 1-0,01% are getting fleeced just as well. Only the 0,001% and above are almost immune - the top 10.000 richest in the world are having their wealth so far spread and sprinkled and hidden, that the woman rarely gets more than 10-15% if at all.

Yay! Well done Feminism for bringing equality to the legal system!

To me, it's telling that divorce rape suddenly is started to become unconscionable now that women are getting better educations and jobs than men.

A Voice for Men after hearing about the reforms in New Jersey:

[Image: banana.gif][Image: banana.gif][Image: banana.gif]

[Image: 1400007231203.gif]

[Image: clap2.gif][Image: agree.gif][Image: highfive.gif][Image: clap.gif]

It looks like the MRAs finally accomplished something.

Follow me on Twitter

Read my Blog: Fanghorn Forest

Quote: (09-15-2014 09:53 AM)Days of Broken Arrows Wrote:  

Yes. Alimony was forever. I'm pretty sure it still is forever in California and some other places.

I feel like the priest or registration offical or whoever should ask the groom the following before he signs up, kind of like a Miranda warning:

'You are aware of what this is right? You understand you are binding yourself into a contact, where she can have your money forever whether she stays in the marriage or ends it, right?'

Total madness.

Quote: (09-15-2014 12:48 PM)Phoenix Wrote:  

I feel like the priest or registration offical or whoever should ask the groom the following before he signs up, kind of like a Miranda warning:

'You are aware of what this is right? You understand you are binding yourself into a contact, where she can have your money forever whether she stays in the marriage or ends it, right?'

Total madness.

In the old days we had people that did that: parents. Thanks to progress, parents are either divorced, absent, feminist or "liberal" and don't teach their sons this stuff anymore.

The last group of parents that warned their sons about things like lifetime alimony and divorce rape were the Greatest Generation. They're all dead or in nursing homes now and their morals are considered oppressive and antiquated. So looks like it's up to us to do their job now.

Back in the '60s, there was even a hit song about a mother's warning to a son to be careful who he married. You'd never hear this idea in a hit song now.

This isn't about lifetime alimony, but it's the thought that counts. It got to #11 in 1968 and was a follow-up to "When a Man Loves a Woman" (a song they play at weddings, ironically enough):

Quote: (09-15-2014 02:01 PM)Days of Broken Arrows Wrote:  

Quote: (09-15-2014 12:48 PM)Phoenix Wrote:  

Total madness.

In the old days we had people that did that: parents. Thanks to progress, parents are either divorced, absent, feminist or "liberal" and don't teach their sons this stuff anymore.

The last group of parents that warned their sons about things like lifetime alimony and divorce rape were the Greatest Generation. They're all dead or in nursing homes now and their morals are considered oppressive and antiquated. So looks like it's up to us to do their job now.

Back in the '60s, there was even a hit song about a mother's warning to a son to be careful who he married. You'd never hear this idea in a hit song now.

This isn't about lifetime alimony, but it's the thought that counts. It got to #11 in 1968 and was a follow-up to "When a Man Loves a Woman" (a song they play at weddings, ironically enough):

Spot on as usual. We even have a song from day's past about avoiding hypergamous hotties with bad attitudes.

Quote:Quote:

A pretty woman makes her husband look small
And very often causes his downfall.
As soon as he marries her then she starts
To do the things that will break his heart.
But if you make an ugly woman your wife,
You'll be happy for the rest of your life,
An ugly woman cooks her meals on time,
She'll always give you peace of mind.

I think that little legal move in NJ is anachronistic and will be overruled later on.

Meanwhile in Canada:

[Image: attachment.jpg21603]   

Remember - the end goal is Brave New World, where fucking someone for more than a few days is to be considered indecent and strange. Guess how many men will be having girlfriends or living together with a woman?

Wow Canada

So does common law marriage mean automatic everywhere? They have it in the US also but I don't think it works exactly that way here?

Team visible roots
"The Carousel Stops For No Man" - Tuthmosis
Quote: (02-11-2019 05:10 PM)Atlanta Man Wrote:  
I take pussy how it comes -but I do now prefer it shaved low at least-you cannot eat what you cannot see.