rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Mac computer + Android phone, does this make sense?

I am pretty sold on getting a MacBook Pro as my next computer. I need a new cell phone too. My provider is offering me a few of the latest Android devices and 2 iPhone models. I've only used an Android device in the past. Will an HTC/LG/Samsung sync well with a Mac? Would it make better sense for me to switch over to an iPhone as well if I'm going the Apple route with my laptop??

Use mac with mac products, syncs seamlessly, same OS interface. At least that's what fanboys want you to think.

Android can be done, but it's not easy.

Quote: (09-11-2014 05:57 PM)kaotic Wrote:  

Use mac with mac products, syncs seamlessly, same OS interface. At least that's what fanboys want you to think.

Android can be done, but it's not easy.

Not easy?? I've never had to give it any thought and I'm not in the least technically minded.

Dr Johnson rumbles with the RawGod. And lives to regret it.

Not an issue. I use Android and a Macbook as my personal computer.

They can seamlessly work together. In fact they work better because you don't have to continually update itunes to get the best out of your phone.

You can plug your phone into your computer similar to a USB and simply drag and drop music/movies/pictures.

I have a mac and an android. I use airdroid to connect them.

It's seamless and easy.

Thx for input guys. Love my macbook pro...and thought about not getting a Samsung S5 bc of possible compatibility issues. I appreciate your advice indicating otherwise

I love having the ability to sync all my stuff but it all depends on how highly you value the androids customization above the features of syncing.

It's nice sometimes to be reading on my phone and then get home and be able to open the same webpage with two clicks.

Quote:MtnMan Wrote:  
Life is definitely too short to go without dome.

You'll need this app if you're looking to use your droid with your mac.

https://www.android.com/filetransfer/

Make sure your phone is unlocked when you plug it in, then just drag and drop whatever you want into the app. You can also modify, delete apps and media as your please.

Another method of connection is AirDroid. AirDroid is slow so I tend to avoid it, but if you're too lazy to dig for cables here's how to use:

-download airdroid app from the playstore on your droid
-and go to "web.airdoid.com" on your mac on your internet browser
-make sure your droid and mac are connected to the same wifi network
-airdroid will pop up a digital picture prompting you to scan (on the computer)
-open the airdroid app on the droid phone
-select "scan code"
-scan the digital picture with your phone's camera
-Then simply proceed to drag and drop away.

I use a droid, macbook and iPad all together.

For me, at least:

1. You have to sync your contacts and calendars via Google/Gmail.

2. I use Dropbox to transfer files, photos. I have my phone's camera on "auto-upload" whenever I'm on Wifi.

3. I use apps such as Evernote if I want to sync text files, etc. Not a fan of Google Docs or Office in the Cloud.

Thanks all for the inputs, looks like I'll have no issues with the Android.

My provider is offering me 2 soon-to-be older versions of the iPhone, both iPhone 4 (4s and something else, can't remember). I'm still doing my research on these iPhones though.

They're also offering me the LG 3.

Well looks like I was the only having problems then haha