rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

iPhone 6 & iPhone 6 Plus

iPhone 6 & iPhone 6 Plus

http://www.apple.com/live/2014-sept-event/

http://www.macrumors.com/2014/09/09/ipho...vent-live/

What are you guy's thoughts ?

What are you guy's getting ? 6 or 6 plus ?

iPhone 6 & iPhone 6 Plus

Quote: (09-09-2014 12:45 PM)kaotic Wrote:  

What are you guys getting ? 6 or 6 plus ?

Neither [Image: lol.gif].

I am gonna have to upgrade my phone next year since my current one is falling apart after almost 3 years of rough use. At that time I will probably go for the most reasonable android device.

Edit: Reading up on this Apple pay, seems like they are going after credit card transactions now and want to replace that with an iPhone. Will people really replace their cash/cards with a smartphone? I don't know, I like having cash and using my actual card.

iPhone 6 & iPhone 6 Plus

I'm going to get one of them I think, not sure which yet...

iPhone 6 & iPhone 6 Plus

They just dropped the Apple Watch, it looks pretty damn clean and customizable.

But I'm still wearing my larger time piece.

iPhone 6 & iPhone 6 Plus

Quote: (09-09-2014 01:03 PM)kaotic Wrote:  

Are you going to use Apple Pay because that seems like their next big thing with iPhone 6? I sure as hell wouldn't trust Apple or Google with my credit card info and have them collect the data for all my purchases even though Apple said they won't store that (I don't buy it).

iPhone 6 & iPhone 6 Plus

Quote: (09-09-2014 01:06 PM)TheSlayer Wrote:  

Quote: (09-09-2014 01:03 PM)kaotic Wrote:  

Are you going to use Apple Pay because that seems like their next big thing with iPhone 6? I sure as hell wouldn't trust Apple or Google with my credit card info and have them collect the data for all my purchases even though Apple said they won't store that (I don't buy it).

Fuck no I wont, cash always, debit second. I don't trust any major company having my information.

"Apple does not track what you buy or how much you spend"

Yeah fucking right.

iPhone 6 & iPhone 6 Plus

Technically Apple is right, by default, they don't track those things. But look at the confirmation screen that pops up when you do just about anything on an iPhone, and you'll see most users inadvertently allow things they shouldn't.

It's ridiculous. I downloaded the Deutsche Bahn app today to find train times and it asked to see the contacts on my phone.

Mobile purchase data is a goldmine for marketers.

iPhone 6 & iPhone 6 Plus

Instead of focusing on making the new models thinner and thinner they should focus on making a stronger and a more longlasting battery.

iPhone 6 & iPhone 6 Plus

Quote: (09-09-2014 01:25 PM)Blick Mang Wrote:  

Technically Apple is right, by default, they don't track those things.

I thought by default they (and Google/Android) do track those things and you have to opt-out, like turning off the location feature in your phone or Google Maps so they don't have your entire whereabouts history. There's no way Apple won't be tracking your purchases and spending habits. As you said yourself, that's a goldmine for marketers/companies.

iPhone 6 & iPhone 6 Plus

Quote: (09-09-2014 01:26 PM)Chaos Wrote:  

Instead of focusing on making the new models thinner and thinner they should focus on making a stronger and a more longlasting battery.

Honestly I think they hit a plateau when it comes to battery technology.

With Tesla & Apple at the forefront of battery technology, I forsee huge advances within a decade.

iPhone 6 & iPhone 6 Plus

i despise apple because of the fandom. product is fine.

iPhone 6 & iPhone 6 Plus

Quote: (09-09-2014 01:40 PM)FrenchCanadian Wrote:  

i despise apple because of the fandom. product is fine.

Yeah the cult is insane, I can't stand it. Even if a similar product is better than apple, the fan boys will deny it.

iPhone 6 & iPhone 6 Plus

stock is plummeting

[Image: BxHNHbOIMAIm4MO.png]

iPhone 6 & iPhone 6 Plus

there is no advantage of owning a new style phone these days. (if you are a teen, you could be a cool kid having one though)

Before Iphone came out, you could get unique models that were not available in U.S and american girls would go nuts for it like samsung giorgio armani phone.

iPhone 6 & iPhone 6 Plus

Quote: (09-09-2014 01:54 PM)FrenchCanadian Wrote:  

stock is plummeting

[Image: BxHNHbOIMAIm4MO.png]

It's because U2 came on after the presentation playing a song and releasing a free album to iTunes customers [Image: lol.gif]

iPhone 6 & iPhone 6 Plus

I just bought a new Android phone 2 months ago. Rooted and installed my favorite app, Viper (tip from Menace's thread) which makes the sound way better than any crapple device.

Fuck Apple, they're rotten and late to the game, big screens have been around 3+ years. They're always late to any party, first iPhone had no UMTS/3G support when all the others did. Apple fanboy betas drunk that Kool-Aid and hamsterized why a modern phone using shitty slow 2G EDGE was good. /rant

Every stupid bitch out there will purchase a new phone though, so I might start buying Apple stock.

Fuck Apple.

Team visible roots
"The Carousel Stops For No Man" - Tuthmosis
Quote: (02-11-2019 05:10 PM)Atlanta Man Wrote:  
I take pussy how it comes -but I do now prefer it shaved low at least-you cannot eat what you cannot see.

iPhone 6 & iPhone 6 Plus

Quote: (09-09-2014 12:58 PM)Fisto Wrote:  

I'm going to get one of them I think, not sure which yet...

It's a good thing you stopped drinking. Otherwise I know you'd have to get about 3 of those fuckers each year lol.

iPhone 6 & iPhone 6 Plus

When Iphone 17 comes out - expect equal hysteria.

iPhone 6 & iPhone 6 Plus

People claim how much they appreciate the Design like they are some kind of design minded personnel AND they wrap that thing with a phone case so they don't scratch it. Even worse, that thick Otter box thing is getting popular.
They spent $$$ on design & engineering to make it thin but people just wrap it with a cover LOL

It's like having a nose bra on your car all year long so you won't get any rock chips..........sigh.......

iPhone 6 & iPhone 6 Plus

I just got my brand new apple iPhone 4s yesterday. Before that I had the Droid 2 global for the past 3 years. Only reason I got a new phone is cause my droid finally started messing up...

I hate apple but from everything I gathered the 4s is a good solid phone to travel with. Durable and not region locked. Plus its not huge with a huge screen.

An to answer the op NO I will not be getting a new iphone6. I will maybe consider getting the iphone 6 when then iphone 8 is out.

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

iPhone 6 & iPhone 6 Plus

Fuck the iPhone 6. I just bought the 5s last September and they've already released a new iPhone.

iPhone 6 & iPhone 6 Plus

I wouldn't buy an iPhone, but would consider getting one just to get one of these cameras for it.

http://www.flir.com/flirone/

http://www.wired.com/2014/08/a-review-of...-flir-one/

Luckly an Android version will be coming out at a later date.

iPhone 6 & iPhone 6 Plus

They're playing up the battery like it's some revolutionary technology. Notice they release statistics in separate uses (wifi browsing, audio, video, etc). In terms of aggregate usage, it's still going to lag behind a newer Android.

The technology has been there to have a month-long battery, but they'll never do it.

iPhone 6 & iPhone 6 Plus

Nothing says "mug me" like an IWatch on your wrist.

iPhone 6 & iPhone 6 Plus

I'd probably get the larger iPhone (iPhone Venti?) if I were to get one. They've done better with having the 64GB version as only $100 more as the main complaints for me not getting one is lack of removable battery and lack of adequate storage. I take a lot of pictures and videos with my phone personally, if the camera is excellent I may consider getting one. But then again, I may consider getting the Galaxy Note 4. I'm a pretty heavy user of my phone (I go through about 5-6 GB of Mobile Data per month and that's even with me having wifi at work and home), and having removable batteries is a great luxury (I usually carry a spare in my pocket).