rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Identity of Jack the Ripper discovered via DNA Evidence

It's amazing what technology can do these days.

Quote:Quote:

It is the greatest murder mystery of all time, a puzzle that has perplexed criminologists for more than a century and spawned books, films and myriad theories ranging from the plausible to the utterly bizarre.
But now, thanks to modern forensic science, The Mail on Sunday can exclusively reveal the true identity of Jack the Ripper, the serial killer responsible for at least five grisly murders in Whitechapel in East London during the autumn of 1888.

The Daily Mail has the rest of the story here.

I'm kind of disappointed to find out it wasn't a member of the royal family, or a crazed cultist sacrificing prostitutes to Cthulu.

Not to take away from the discovery of Jack the Ripper, but I wish all those "investigators" who spent countless time and money and proving who Jack the Ripper was 125 years ago dedicated there time to something more useful. Here's an idea: how about all those prisoners wrongly imprisoned with life sentences and scant evidence who could be released in light of new DNA matching technology! it's unfortunate that we're more interested in some historical figure's identity than helping people today who are victims of a corrupt justice system.

If this stands up on peer review and in the trade press, It will be quite the book deal. Admittedly, if the Daily Mail (or, as some in the UK call it, the Daily Fail) paid for any of this, I'm a bit on the suspicious side. It wouldn't be the first time a major newspaper/website made some money off of historical research, right or wrong. Beats the Daily Mail's usual coverage.

I read a great book called "the cases that haunt us" by John Douglas, the "Mindhunter" who came up with psychological profiling in crime scene analysis to come up with potential criminal IDs. This was the same guy he fingered as the likely culprit- an uneducated Eastern European immigrant with severe psychological issues. Never thought this would ever be proven, very cool. Thanks for the post!

Quote: (09-06-2014 05:43 PM)monster Wrote:  

Not to take away from the discovery of Jack the Ripper, but I wish all those "investigators" who spent countless time and money and proving who Jack the Ripper was 125 years ago dedicated there time to something more useful. Here's an idea: how about all those prisoners wrongly imprisoned with life sentences and scant evidence who could be released in light of new DNA matching technology! it's unfortunate that we're more interested in some historical figure's identity than helping people today who are victims of a corrupt justice system.

Similar to these manginas.
http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-39806.html

"I have refused to wear a condom all of my life, for a simple reason – if I’m going to masturbate into a balloon why would I need a woman?"

Damn Polish serial killers taking the jobs of English serial killers

Don't forget to check out my latest post on Return of Kings - 6 Things Indian Guys Need To Understand About Game

Desi Casanova
The 3 Bromigos

Quote: (09-07-2014 05:25 AM)bojangles Wrote:  

Damn Polish serial killers taking the jobs of English serial killers

Yeah funny this comes out when immigration from Eastern Europe is a hot issue in the UK.

Russell Edwards form fitting black shirt and pants in the article photo: Excellent tailoring, impressive fit. No visible undershirt.

9/10.

Don't tell me I'm the only one who noticed.

I'm the King of Beijing!

I don't know much about clothing; are you talking about the scientist, or the ripper?

This is quite interesting, given the prominence of the Ripper in the popular imagination for over 100 years. Although the crimes, and the identify of the perpetrator, have no great significance in themselves, it has become a haunting myth, as has the setting, the fog-shrouded streets of Victorian London.

I will wait to see where the dust settles on this identification. There will be (and already is) a lot of knee-jerk rejection from Ripper enthusiasts, as the last thing they want is for the case to be settled. But we have the potential for closure, if disinterested scientists can confirm the validity of the DNA testing used.

Dr Johnson rumbles with the RawGod. And lives to regret it.

Sounds like circumstantial evidence and a bloke subtly pimping his book to me.

Quote: (09-08-2014 01:10 AM)Suits Wrote:  

Russell Edwards form fitting black shirt and pants in the article photo: Excellent tailoring, impressive fit. No visible undershirt.

9/10.

[Image: gay.gif]

Quote: (09-08-2014 01:10 AM)Suits Wrote:  

9/10.

Everything is photoshopped these days.

Quote: (09-08-2014 02:15 AM)StrikeBack Wrote:  

Sounds like circumstantial evidence and a bloke subtly pimping his book to me.

They found the blood of one of the victims along with the main suspect's semen on the same shawl found at the crime scene, which originated in the suspect's home country. That is not circumstantial evidence.