rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Stop posting personal information about you or your bangs

Tuthmosis and I don't have time to manually and tediously scrub personal details that you mistakenly or drunkenly post, especially when what you submit gets quoted in many subsequent posts by other members. We get these requests in spite of the fact that the forum guide clearly states that posts are here forever (point no. 2) after the 60 minute editing window is over.

You should NOT be posting personal details about you or your conquests unless you don't mind either getting outed/doxxed or confronted by the girl you were with. Also keep in mind that images you post could be put through Google's reverse image search to reveal the source.

From this point on, any request made to me or Tuth to edit anything after the 60 minute window will result in an automatic 7 day suspension and warning level of 60% that lasts 90 days, with no guarantee that we will fulfill your request. If you're warning level was already 40% or higher, this will take you to 100% and an automatic permanent ban. I hate to implement such a measure, but I hope you understand that it's the only way to ensure you guys don't ignore it.

As always, you can remove image attachments in the User CP.

I know myself and even a few other form members have asked about operating forums, if they can be monetized, etc. I think alot of people think forums are plug and play and you don't have to update or be constantly working like with a blog but this goes to show when you operate a forum you need to be on top of things, editing, moniotoring whats going on etc. Not as easy as many think, especially if you are running adwords or any type of PPC of affiliate program that has standards on what can be said. I know another forum operator about another topic had his adsense account suspended because there was some joking about sextoys found in a storage locker, even though the subject matter of the forum is pretty non controversial or vanilla or whatever anything "not family friendly" can get your ads banned.

Quote: (08-27-2014 10:56 AM)Roosh Wrote:  

Tuthmosis and I don't have time to manually and tediously scrub personal details that you mistakenly or drunkenly post, especially when what you submit gets quoted in many subsequent posts by other members. We get these requests in spite of the fact that the forum guide clearly states that posts are here forever (point no. 2) after the 60 minute editing window is over.

You should NOT be posting personal details about you or your conquests unless you don't mind either getting outed/doxxed or confronted by the girl you were with. Also keep in mind that images you post could be put through Google's reverse image search to reveal the source.

From this point on, any request made to me or Tuth to edit anything after the 60 minute window will result in an automatic 7 day suspension and warning level of 60% that lasts 90 days, with no guarantee that we will fulfill your request. If you're warning level was already 40% or higher, this will take you to 100% and an automatic permanent ban. I hate to implement such a measure, but I hope you understand that it's the only way to ensure you guys don't ignore it.

As always, you can remove image attachments in the User CP.

Couldn't agree more Roosh...Speaking of which, I believe the the edit period should be extended from 60 mins to 24 hours for some reasons.For example: I post a news to the forum, I later receive an update about the real story,maybe after 10 hours. It'd be cool to be able to edit my thread...just saying

^^^ probably won't happen. Your proposed use of such time limit (24 hours) would be nice, but it would be "abused". The point of the forum is to be permanent. More time = less permanent. People would get careless.

If you offer welfare people will use it for things and in situations it was not intended. If you offer unemployment people will be lazier when searching for work. If you leave your window rolled down with your wallet on the seat it might get stolen. And if you set up a forum allowing editing for a longer time period, people will post as if they can edit for a longer time period (ie less permanent).

“Until you make the unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate.”