rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Surgery

Surgery

Anyone here had to get surgery before?

I might have to get an operation, never had one before and was wondering if anyone had been through it.

Surgery

Yep, what do you want to know?

Surgery

Wisdom teeth.

Don't let them skimp on your pain meds. They gave me Tylenol with codeine for 4 dry sockets (abscesses) that I developed after the surgery. I may as well have been taking skittles for the pain. I was 19 years old then. If I saw the Doctor today, I'd verbally ream him a new asshole for the pain that he failed to control. That shit can be traumatic. Other than an ear infection when I was a lot younger, it was the worst pain I have experienced. It lasted 3 weeks and was continuous.

Everything else is pretty easy, as you won't know anything but that you went in for the surgery and then woke up in a bed afterward. Also, I'm not sure what your surgery is for, but its probably unlikely that you will experience what I did in terms of pain. I don't mean to imply that you will. Abscesses are somewhat rare and tend to occur more frequently in dental sockets.

Surgery

i'm 21 and I still have my widsdom teeth. When will I need to get them pulled out?

Surgery

Broke my neck when I was 18, had surgery for that...
Broken eye socket, had a metal plate put in...
Broke a middle finger tendon, had to have a fusion and was in a cast for 2 months.
Crashed a motorcycle and had to have skin graphs on my arms...not a surgery but it was brutal.

Surgery

Quote: (03-22-2011 03:31 PM)Tommy Wrote:  

i'm 21 and I still have my widsdom teeth. When will I need to get them pulled out?

Not everyone needs to have theirs pulled. Really depends on a lot of factors. I'm pretty sure my sister (43 years old) still has all of hers. And many times, wisdom teeth can be pulled with just a local anesthetic.

Surgery

Quote: (03-22-2011 03:31 PM)Tommy Wrote:  

If no one tells you that you need it , don't ever get them pulled. And even of they do tell you, make sure that its really necessary. Some dentists/doctors will tell you that when its very borderline, because its business for them.

Having teeth pulled is a huge health risk because of the hole that is left in your bone when its done, as well as your gums. It doesn't always seal up perfectly, and the immune system seems to have trouble working optimally in your gums, teeth and roots. Cavities and root canals are ample evidence of this. In my case, I had the abscesses. The, ten years later, I felt an infection in the sockets. I had to go to Tijuana (couldn't afford the work in the states) to get my gums opened up and the bone remnants from my wisdom teeth drilled down further to the jaw. At one point, puss came out because it was infected from an operation that I had ten years prior. Infections like that are a huge burden on your immune system.

I know another guy that almost died because he went into shock from gums that were infected due to his having a full set of dental implants. The immune system just wasn't adequate to stave off infection in the gums after getting all of those teeth pulled.

Oh, and my father eventually died from complications from endocarditis that he got from having dental work done.

The point is that having a full set of healthy teeth is underrated. Don't get them pulled unless necessary. Not to be overly alarmist. Just make sure its necessary.

Surgery

I've had several surgeries, from knees to deviated septum. PM me with any questions.

Surgery

ditto on wisdom teeth sucking ass. almost as painful as having my 4 real teeth pulled. I hate dental work so much!

on the other hand, the drugs they give with pain relief is some really good stuff. they had to roll me out in a wheel chair after my surgeries.

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

Surgery

deleted