rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Gaining twitter followers to promote a project?

I am in a band, we are just starting out. I am wondering about how peolle with websites or any "project" see twitter.

Ie. should we try to accrue twitter followers, any followers at all, just to seem like we have a bigger following and seem more legit?

Or will that not really help us at all, and we should just expect that followers will come as a lagging sign of our success.

Do we seek followers to achieve success.

Or do followers just seek us due to success.

Use everything: twitter, facebook & Instagram. Instagram is the big one now.

You should also be on reverbnation and more importantly, sound cloud.

Of course you should seek followers in addition to let followers seek you. This is Promotion 101: you've got to work hard to get recognized!

Check out Gary Vaynerchuk's amazing book on social media promotion, Jab Jab Jab Hook.

Twitter is all about passing the 2000 followers mark. Read this post where I explain it further:
http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-18585-...#pid325612

Im fairly new to Instagram, but Id say it can only serve you if you have nice, shareable graphic content. That would be challenging as a band.

But open an account on your bands name on every social media site anyways. If you have the budget, buy one or two thousand followers for each on Fiverr. That way, even if you dont post often, your account looks trendy enough for people to follow.

Id say, go the Dan Bilzerian way and create posts that make people think you are the BIG new thing. Get a private plane and a few models for a photoshoot. Take generic pictures of a crowd and make them stand-in for your "live audience". Any gimmick serves your purpose, wich should be, yeah, make great music. But a hundred thousand followers will take you farther than great talent.

You can buy followers, it's basically fake profiles for the most part though you can pay a bit more for real followers. It's not a bad strategy just to get some perceived "cred" however you want to start building real followers quickly as well.

Best way to do this is interacting with others. Comment on other bands songs, comment on venues you play at's tweets and on those who tweet about that venue. The best way to get a following is to engage others. Other people will start to get into convos with you and in turn the more back and forth you have with people others will see you in their tweets as well.

I used to think Twitter was really stupid, I still do to some extent however I get it a bit more than I used to. For a band it's a cool social media platform as everything on twitter is about right now so you can tweet about your venue tonight. On your way to the venue. About to hit the stage, etc.