rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Is "Judeo/Christian" Values Just A Nice Way Of Saying...

You hear this a lot, whether in the media, or in daily speech, where people throw out the term "Judeo-Christian Values." We, at least the Americans on the forum, live in a largely Christian nation, so we get the Christian side of the equation, but where does the "Judeo-" part of it fit in?

Do we know enough about Judaism to really throw that into the value system? Is "Judeo-Christian" a more pleasant way of just saying Christian values, but throwing in a minority group in order to feel less exclusionary?

Why does America have such a hard time admitting that the value system they are talking about is a Christian value system?

Before someone points out that Christianity was founded by Jews, and was largely a Jewish belief system until opened up to the Gentiles, that's not the question. I get that there is a historical connection to Judaism, but is there a value system that is largely shared with Judaism?

I ask this because I, and many others who are not Jewish, are not too sure what the Jewish value system is. Why aren't Islamic values brought up as "Judeo-Christian-Muslim" values, especially since Islam wouldn't have been where it is without those two other religions?

Some of these questions are rhetorical, but others are not. Do Americans know enough about Judaism (outside of the Bible's Old Testament) to lump in Judaism with Christianity?

[Image: wtf.jpg]

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter