rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

SW France Spain Surf in Sept

Hey...need advise for Southwest France and Spain Surf trip the first of September for 3 weeks. Never been to Europe. Thinking of Guethary and then down to Spain traveling solo. 51 decent surfer like to drink have a good time and experience different cultures somewhat mellow. Looking for a place to surf close by in the mornings with not too much crowd and close by the action if possible. Need info on logistics on nightlife, pipeline place to stay bars cool stuff. Like barreling beach breaks and reef, points. What's the water temp like what wetsuit. I like the older women over 30 . Any help apreciated

For the best surf on all of Europe look no further than Biarritz in the south west of France. Weather will still be warm in early September, think 28-33C air and 23-25C water. No wet suit needed, water is warm enough at that time. But be careful there are some rough watered with some wicked under towing currents there so be careful.

For pipelining, it depends on how good your French is. Or if you could get there in august, you'd have loads of Northern European and rich Spanish/Portuguese girls vacationing along the French girls from all over the country. September, as school resumes, will be less busy, less people, less girls but cheaper while still great weather.

Don't limit yourself to just Biarritz. Go visit the other nearby cities which are charming and have a more authentic feel to it. Cities like Anglet, Bayonne, St-Jean-de-Luz, Hendaye are a short drive away but well worth the trip.

Hossegor is a nice place with good surf culture. Also the place is very centered around surfing. You will probably need to rent a place near the main beach, otherwise need a car to get around. The world open of surfing is held there annually. If you prefer a more chic place, Biarritz or St Jean de Luz would be good places to stay.

Thanks VP....My French sucks to non existence. Plan on getting a car at some point to try to find a home base near the action and drive to different surf spots. Looking for areas that I can walk from the bars and restaurants . Went on Air bnb and the rates were reasonable but I don't know if they would allow to bring back women and with a good buzz going on. May have to end up staying in a hotel. I'm definitely not stuck on staying in one place for the whole time. San Sebastian is looking pretty good too. Looking for intel...can't find I lot in that part of the world. I been going to 3rd world countries and looking forward to scoring some good waves, food, and hopefully some nice hide. Is there an Internet site to meet women that know some English? Or rely on day or night game and definitely don't want to get caught up in sausage festival.

I was going to recommend San Sebastian. A lot of French who are going on holiday in the Biarritz area go also there at the same time, I had good reviews from this city.

It is bigger than Biarritz and should be more busy in september since it must have some universities.

There is a train in Hendaye to get there.

I don't know about the surf spots though.

If you want to pipeline in France you have two website:
-https://www.adopteunmec.com
-https://www.meetic.fr

Unfortunately, you have to pay for both, I have never used any of them. Some of my friends had good results with adopteunmec and told there was some slutty girls.

I think most of the young girls (18-30) in France should be able to at least speak a bit of english.

Adopteunmec translates to adopt a guy. Do women have to send the first message?

No, you have to click on something on their profile to show that you are interested and then they can "adopt" you so you can talk with them.

Hey Mac. Are these sites recommended for American men? Would it be okay to write a profile in English and say that you want a local to show you around? I've heard the French couldn't care less about foreign guys. [Image: sad.gif]

I would recommend those sites for foreign guys who are staying in France at least 1 month since you have to pay for it. For the profile write it in french explaining you are an american who does not speak french.

Couchsurfing might be more suitable if your stay is not very long and do not speak french.

Biarritz Data Sheet: http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-25848.html

Guys, is Biarritz an ok option in November? I don't like surfing in cold water but I will not have the choice to wear a wetsuit. However, will it still be ok for traveling scandinavians?