rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Rory credits dumping fiance' for surging performance

Professional golfer Rory McIlroy who has just won back-to-back-to-back tournaments In an interview he specifically declares that dumping his ex-fiance, the Danish tennis player Caroline Wozniaki helped Rory achieve peak performance. I thought it noteworthy that he would go so far as to say it so openly. He must have really had an epiphany when he called it off and grown to dislike her more now in hindsight to even bring it up. But there's also a lesson to learned in what he says his formula for success is. "Golf, Gym, Win". In other words, Focus.

A quote that has stuck with me and helped me keep my "eye on the prize" especially in business "Winners focus, losers spray".

I it's especially important for you younger guys out there trying to find their way to the life they want. In a world where there's so much information, stimuli, and distraction vying for your attention it's easy to lose focus and sight of what really matters.

I think one of the most powerful exercises one can do is to imagine the success you want and then work backwards from there to where you are noting the necessary steps along the way. But I mean REALLY visualize what that success LOOKS like in as much detail as possible. What does it look like, what will you wear, what time will you get up in the morning, where will you live?...etc. This will also help you discover what it is you truly want to do with your life and THAT is often one of the most difficult things in life to do.

It's clear Rory McIlroy discovered that getting married at 25 to a marginally attractive tennis player wasn't conducive to the successful execution of his game plan.

"Leap, and the net will appear". John Burroughs

"The big question is whether you are going to be able to say a hearty yes to your adventure."
Joseph Campbell

[Image: 200.gif]

“Until you make the unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate.”

what a boss

Advantage: Rory

In a Shakespearean irony, women issues is what proved to be the beginning of Eldrick Woods' downfall

MDP

Quote: (08-12-2014 08:42 AM)PapayaTapper Wrote:  

marginally attractive tennis player

[Image: empire-sports-Caroline-Wozniacki-tennis.jpg]

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

Translation; "yeah that blonde girl on her knee's after a hard day is my Redbull"

Rory can surely do better.

He should be working on building a harem of Victoria's Secret models right now.

Too many teeth in her smile.
2/10 WNB

Realistically though, she could be a pain in the ass high maintenance girl. Maybe she drove him up the walls.
There's only so many times you can fuck a hot girl but can't stand talking to her...plus she being his fiance it's expected that they "talk" every once in a while.

I don't blame him for letting her go. It's not like he has a difficult time getting attention from attractive women. I think he'll be alright.

Expert-level trap that girl...

I'm not a big fan of blondes but she is pretty. Even if she's a sweetheart and supportive... it's still 2014. Rory has tremendous talent and - remember he's only 25 (!) - can go down as the greatest in golf history. The fame and the travel would've led to too much homelife drama at best or monster divorce-rape at worst.

Of course, I have no insider knowledge, but from where I'm sitting this was quite a dodged bullet.

Not going to argue the "hotness" of this woman -if any of you would kick her out of bed you're delusional.

I'm just glad the PGA is getting its groove back and is somewhat exciting to watch again. I watched the final round on Sunday and Rickie Fowler/Rory are fun to watch and both seem like down to Earth young men who you want to root for.

I thought the PGA would never fully recover from Tiger's lackluster play, but it looks like these young cats are going to make it exciting to watch again.

Quote: (08-12-2014 01:26 PM)Monty_Brogan Wrote:  

I thought the PGA would never fully recover from Tiger's lackluster play, but it looks like these young cats are going to make it exciting to watch again.

Women certainly contributed to curtailing Tiger potentially becoming the Pele of the golf world.

Quote: (08-12-2014 12:33 PM)SydneyD Wrote:  

Rory can surely do better.

He IS building a harem of Victoria's Secret models right now.

** - Corrected

The marriage would not have made sense with both players needing to focus on their games...especially hers.

ATP/WTA tennis tournaments happen in North America, Europe, Asia, and Latin America year round.

Most PGA tourneys or the ones of importance occur predominantly in North America.

Why rush into a marriage commitment like this? Objectively speaking, this will be beneficial for both parties formerly involved.

That link seems to be broken. Any other links to that article?

Quote: (08-12-2014 12:20 PM)Tuthmosis Wrote:  

This girl would make me have a Beta moment...

...until I had to talk to her. Still, would smash.

Quote: (08-12-2014 12:20 PM)Tuthmosis Wrote:  

Round boyish face, blocky body, meh...yeah marginal in my book. I actually saw her in person a couple years ago at a local fundraiser hosted by Lindsey Davenport. This pics are a more accurate representation than that glamour shot. I think you'd agree once you saw her in real life. Don't get me wrong, if I had the chance I'd drag a dick through it (WB): once maybe twice ...but that's another thread [Image: wink.gif]

[Image: 250px-Caroline_WOZNIACKI.JPG]

[

"The big question is whether you are going to be able to say a hearty yes to your adventure."
Joseph Campbell

^ Yeah blonde worship at work here.

Her face is boyish as said body isn't great she doesn't break a 7 in my book.

Mid 6 at best, opens her mouth she could drop fast.

Great job on realizing his mission.

This must be the Danish blocky coke can body I have read about here. Educated everyday.

SENS Foundation - help stop age-related diseases

Quote: (05-19-2016 12:01 PM)Giovonny Wrote:  
If I talk to 100 19 year old girls, at least one of them is getting fucked!
Quote:WestIndianArchie Wrote:
Am I reacting to her? No pussy, all problems
Or
Is she reacting to me? All pussy, no problems

I bet he just finished reading "Don't Bang Denmark" when he had his epiphany.

10/14/15: The day I learned that convicted terrorists are treated with more human dignity than veterans.

Blondes get +1.5 on this forum

A man is only as faithful as his options-Chris Rock

Quote: (08-12-2014 02:14 PM)Atlantic Wrote:  

That link seems to be broken. Any other links to that article?

The original article on Bleacherreport I linked to is gone but here is another one with the same interview

Joseph Campbell

Pro golf has a big groupie scene. Those guys get truckloads of quality pussy served up to them. A young star would be an idiot not to take advantage of that

"If anything's gonna happen, it's gonna happen out there!- Captain Ron

Rory just wants to pull a Tiger without blowing half a billion on divorce.

"Money over bitches, nigga stick to the script." - Jay-Z
They gonna love me for my ambition.

Quote: (08-12-2014 08:47 PM)MrXY Wrote:  

Pro golf has a big groupie scene. Those guys get truckloads of quality pussy served up to them. A young star would be an idiot not to take advantage of that

Yep Ive never understood why ANY pro athlete would want to get married while their career is in full swing? They all have a ton of "pro ho's" that follow them at their beck and call wherever they go. I don't get it

Joseph Campbell

Quote: (08-12-2014 09:34 PM)PapayaTapper Wrote:  

Yep Ive never understood why ANY pro athlete would want to get married while their career is in full swing? They all have a ton of "pro ho's" that follow them at their beck and call wherever they go. I don't get it

No pun intended [Image: icon_biggrin.gif]

Hockey players generally have it right, I've met tons that refuse to give up the "puck-sluts" and I wouldn't either.

"Money over bitches, nigga stick to the script." - Jay-Z
They gonna love me for my ambition.

Seen her in person, she looks nothing like that picture Tuth posted unfortunately for her, great decision making from Rory and its paid off.

Don't forget to check out my latest post on Return of Kings - 6 Things Indian Guys Need To Understand About Game

Desi Casanova
The 3 Bromigos

Quote: (08-12-2014 09:34 PM)PapayaTapper Wrote:  

Quote: (08-12-2014 08:47 PM)MrXY Wrote:  

Probably because they want something more substantial than groupies in their lives. Not easy to find, especially once you have a ton of money and struggle to gauge intentions in everyone you meet, but I can understand why they make the mistakes they do.

Managomy is also better for the focus it requires to get and remain successful.

Not arguing for or against it - just offering some additional perspective.

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling