rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Worst Reference Letter:" Ryan Proved Himself Useless In A Wide Variety Of Tasks..."

Worst Reference Letter:" Ryan Proved Himself Useless In A Wide Variety Of Tasks..."

A man asked for a reference letter from his former employer, instead of a positive feedback,he got what you see below:
Quote:Quote:

...His responsibility included fucking around on the internet, reading Zoo and facebooking his friends.
Ryan was always unreliable an uncooperative. He didn't get on with customers and staff. Ryan proved himself completely untrustworthy and irresponsible. His wild mood swings and angry demeanor made him a right cunt to work with.
We were overjoyed when Ryan informed us he was leaving and I hope I never see this cunt again..
[Image: attachment.jpg20714]   
Waaw! Ryan may probably have a hard time landing a new job...
I don't know whether he really did screw up on his job, but this just confirms why self employment is the best option.
You make the shots and your next step may not really depend on someone.
According to Metronews, the above document was posted on TheLadBible with the tagline: ‘Be careful who you get a reference from…’

Ouch! Has anyone here used a reference checking company to see what your old outfit really thinks about you?

I doubt this is real, looks exactly like the fake Cash 4 Gold letter.

As an aside, providing a negative reference just sounds like a great way to invite a lawsuit, no company would do this.

On top note as ziltoid mentioned before me. No company would use curse words to describe their past employe, let alone write that kinda letter.

From my experience of being a shitty employee companies typically avoid saying anything directly negative. The fear of a lawsuit could be part of it, but I think it's closer to the same reason you don't go to a job interview and bitch about your last job: It's unprofessional. While the guy getting the reference was probably a lousy worker, you can't read that letter without concluding that the boss is also a moron if he's willing to present his company in that fashion.

The smart thing to do is to simply say something about having a policy of only confirming employment. The insinuation of "Well if you have nothing nice to say then say nothing at all" gets the message across clearly.

What a dumbass. Who gives a reference who he knows won't be favorable?

Hes probably over qualified for the Oil Sands

Quote: (08-11-2014 05:15 PM)Atlantic Wrote:  

He could definitely be a welder

Quote: (08-11-2014 05:15 PM)Atlantic Wrote:  

I wonder what an Alberta incel's resume looks like...

Cattle 5000 Rustlings #RustleHouseRecords #5000Posts
Houston (Montrose), Texas

"May get ugly at times. But we get by. Real Niggas never die." - cdr

Follow the Rustler on Twitter | Telegram: CattleRustler

Game is the difference between a broke average looking dude in a 2nd tier city turning bad bitch feminists into maids and fucktoys and a well to do lawyer with 50x the dough taking 3 dates to bang broads in philly.

"... made him a right cunt to work with." [Image: lol.gif]

Is this from the UK? Typically, only the English are this good with the phrasing of insults.

^^^edit: Australia, close enough...

If only you knew how bad things really are.

Every single time I ask for a reference letter or have a prospective employer call my current, I ALWAYS ASK BEFORE IF I CAN HAVE A FAVORABLE REFRENCE LETTER.

I feel, after 8 years in the workforce, I should know about this, but how often are references checked outside of secure industries, like law, confidential research and those that work with the vulnerable?
I've been fired before-not bragging, it's just happened-and it hasn't been an impediment to getting new jobs, even when I had nobody to use as a referee except the place I was fired from.
A guy I worked alongside reported the same; he got fired from FIVE contractor posts inside eighteen months, and had to seek out new agencies to get postings. He never had problems with his work history-he told me that once he gave the contact details of his immediate supervisor, who'd been personally responsible for dismissing him, and still got a new position.
Admittedly he's a technical worker, so maybe a new employer wouldn't be too stringent if his skills were up to par, but I'm surprised he and I haven't had more problems, even if a character reference like this one would be a bridge too far

"The woman most eager to jump out of her petticoat to assert her rights is the first to jump back into it when threatened with a switching for misusing them,"
-Ambrose Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary

Quote: (08-12-2014 05:32 PM)shameus_oreaaly Wrote:  

I feel, after 8 years in the workforce, I should know about this, but how often are references checked outside of secure industries, like law, confidential research and those that work with the vulnerable?
I've been fired before-not bragging, it's just happened-and it hasn't been an impediment to getting new jobs, even when I had nobody to use as a referee except the place I was fired from.
A guy I worked alongside reported the same; he got fired from FIVE contractor posts inside eighteen months, and had to seek out new agencies to get postings. He never had problems with his work history-he told me that once he gave the contact details of his immediate supervisor, who'd been personally responsible for dismissing him, and still got a new position.
Admittedly he's a technical worker, so maybe a new employer wouldn't be too stringent if his skills were up to par, but I'm surprised he and I haven't had more problems, even if a character reference like this one would be a bridge too far

I'm speaking from a position of experience, coming from a family who owns several businesses.

Unless there is a great deal of documentation from your previous employer regarding specific events that they cite in a "negative review", they can get in a ton of deep legal shit if they give a negative review that results in you failing to get the job. You can theoretically take them to court for either slander or libel that resulted in lost wages (from the potential job you weren't selected for). It's not necessarily likely that you'd win, however for the most part employers refrain from ever giving a negative review. HR in many large businesses refuse to give anything but a neutral review, stating the time you began and ended employment, and what you were employed for.

Depending on the level of your business they may call your references, but it's not likely they'll get anything negative. They just do it for positive reviews, in case your old employer has their shit together enough to have evidence of you being a bad employee, or in case your old employer is too stupid to know not to talk shit about you.