rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Vitamin D supplements

Vitamin D supplements

I definitely have low Vitamin D. Tests have shown it.

What is the best supplement out there to help fix this problem?

Yes, I know that getting lots of sunlight is a "cure" for this.

Thanks.

Vitamin D supplements

D3 softgels are the most convenient and effective solution. Many experts suggest the range of 2000-6000 IU per day.

Just understand that vitamin D supplements are still only a substitute for the real thing(sun light). It has been shown that sun light also stimulates your skin's nitric oxide production, something which is vital for testosterone production. Also, sun light could also have many other benefits we are just not aware of. When I sunbathe, the sun definitely increases my mood and happiness, which obviously lowers cortisol the stress hormone.

My advice would be to stop being a bitch and starting to sunbathe no matter how inconvenient and boring it could be for you, or how insecure it makes you feel if you don't have a good body to show off. I live in far North, and I HAVE TO use D3 supplements during winter times, but during summer I try to spend hours per day under the sun.

Vitamin D supplements

I've been using this product, which seems to be pretty potent and good value for money.

Vitamin D supplements

I used to buy a bottle of it from a feed and tack store that supplies livestock and inject it.

It's like 20 bucks but will probably last you over a year.

Vitamin D supplements

I take a multi-vitamin, Carlson cod liver oil and also drink almond milk for vitamin D.

Vitamin D supplements

I use the 10,000 version of Healthy origins: http://www.iherb.com/Healthy-Origins-Vit...gels/21298

around $25 year supply. I don't take every day. Just whenever I remember.

Take it in the morning

Vitamin D supplements

Is there an important difference between soft gels vs. the hard pills?

If only you knew how bad things really are.

Vitamin D supplements

Definitely Carlson`s Cod Liver Oil.

Vitamin D supplements

Quote: (08-11-2014 09:38 AM)2014 Wrote:  

I use the 10,000 version of Healthy origins: http://www.iherb.com/Healthy-Origins-Vit...gels/21298

around $25 year supply. I don't take every day. Just whenever I remember.

Take it in the morning

THANK YOU FOR POSTING THAT LINK!

I take 10,000 IUs daily with 5 pills at 2,000 IU.

I recommend 10,000 daily as well.

Vitamin D supplements

Quote: (08-11-2014 08:49 AM)JayMillz Wrote:  

I take a multi-vitamin, Carlson cod liver oil and also drink almond milk for vitamin D.

Quote: (08-11-2014 10:18 AM)Downunder Wrote:  

Definitely Carlson`s Cod Liver Oil.

I actually just bought the Carlson's CLO last night, Ill see how it goes.

As for Vitamin D I've been taking 5000 (sometimes 10000 iu) every day. However, Ive read recently that most Vitamin softgels are synthetic meaning that only a small percentage is actually absorbed.

Anybody know if this is the case?

Vitamin D supplements

These are good suggestions. I've thought a lot lately about just trying to go outside for a walk every day to get more sunlight. I need to make some lifestyle changes.

Vitamin D supplements

10, 000 IU in the morning.

It helps my libido, but not in the same way that Zinc does.

Zinc is like a sharp punch while D3, after a few weeks, is more like a low, constant hum.

Taking D3 at night is supposed to fuck with your sleep so keep that in mind.

Vitamin D supplements

Go outside for 20 min a day with your shirt off

Supposed to be far more effective than oral supplementation and its free

"If anything's gonna happen, it's gonna happen out there!- Captain Ron

Vitamin D supplements

Guys, don't go overboard with the supps. Safety first.

You don't need more than 2,000 IU of D a day. In addition, while vitamin D itself is pretty safe, not all supplements are perfectly pure or of high quality and that is another good reason to avoid overdosing on any given supp.

This is an excellent high quality D-3:

http://www.iherb.com/source-naturals-vit...blets/1212

same old shit, sixes and sevens Shaft...

Vitamin D supplements

Quote: (08-11-2014 11:15 PM)The Lizard of Oz Wrote:  

Guys, don't go overboard with the supps. Safety first.

You don't need more than 2,000 IU of D a day. In addition, while vitamin D itself is pretty safe, not all supplements are perfectly pure or of high quality and that is another good reason to avoid overdosing on any given supp.

This is an excellent high quality D-3:

http://www.iherb.com/source-naturals-vit...blets/1212

400iu a day? Almost pointless supplementing with it

Also, if you just need to take ONE supplement in a day, take this:

http://www.iherb.com/Super-Nutrition-Sim...lets/12361

It has 3000 IU of D3

Vitamin D supplements

Vitamin D - 6,000 IUs per day? 10,000 IUs???

My study indicates that there are toxic effects that set in above 5,000 IUs.

Mind you, this is using vitamin D by pill. From skin exposure to sun light, there are no known toxic effects, and thus - apart from sunburn and obviously cancer risk - no maximum dose.

I haven't looked it up in a while, but I believe the risk is to your liver and kidneys.

On the other side, I have only read of 3,000 IUs as a maximum used by researchers on Vitamin D who supplement their own dosage, seeking to maximize its pro-health effects.

Therefore, my dosing is 1,000 in the summer months, 2,000 IUs in the rest of the year, even in sunny Colorado (yes, sunnier than Miami and San Diego).

“There is no global anthem, no global currency, no certificate of global citizenship. We pledge allegiance to one flag, and that flag is the American flag!” -DJT

Vitamin D supplements

Quote: (08-12-2014 06:18 AM)Orson Wrote:  

Vitamin D - 6,000 IUs per day? 10,000 IUs???

My study indicates that there are toxic effects that set in above 5,000 IUs.

Mind you, this is using vitamin D by pill. From skin exposure to sun light, there are no known toxic effects, and thus - apart from sunburn and obviously cancer risk - no maximum dose.

I haven't looked it up in a while, but I believe the risk is to your liver and kidneys.

On the other side, I have only read of 3,000 IUs as a maximum used by researchers on Vitamin D who supplement their own dosage, seeking to maximize its pro-health effects.

Therefore, my dosing is 1,000 in the summer months, 2,000 IUs in the rest of the year, even in sunny Colorado (yes, sunnier than Miami and San Diego).

I've been taking 10k IUs every day for over a year now. Bloodwork confirms my vitamin D levels are within normal range after chronically being subpar for years.

Don't listen to those studies. Go to your GP and get the bloodwork, add or decrease the dosage as needed, and request more bloodwork. When it's all normal, stick with that dosage.

Vitamin D supplements

I am taking 20000 iu per day. I feel no effect at all. I think this D3 supps is placebo.

Vitamin D supplements

Quote: (08-11-2014 10:59 PM)MrXY Wrote:  

Actually it's not free. Time is money.

Vitamin D supplements

Actually it's not free. Time is money.

Vitamin D supplements

It is, but how are you going to do that in winter and on cloudy / rainy days? Or if you work 9-5 with no chance / time to take your shirt off and walk about?

I've been taking Vit D3 supps for about 3 years now. I started with very low level typical for my ethnicity + age group. Took about 10K IU a day at first, then down to about 5K IU average daily now. Did sunbathing when I could. Recently I had a blood test and my doctor was pleasant surprised to see that mine was over 100 (>75 is good).

Vitamin D supplements

I made a post about this before -

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-37792.html

Vitamin D is a hormone. It is probably the most essential of all 'vitamins' - the cheapest to buy, the easiest to take without complications. Vitamin D3.

Vitamin D supplements

That super jacked brandon carter guy from youtube said, if I recall, two 10, 000IU doses as optimal per day.

I mean I'm not trying to blindly follow anyone, but my own experiences with D3 supps have been good thusfar.

Vitamin D supplements

Quote:Quote:

I used to buy a bottle of it from a feed and tack store that supplies livestock and inject it.

It's like 20 bucks but will probably last you over a year.

Damn, that's fucking hardcore, haha.

I use this: http://www.bulkapothecary.com/product/su...7AodBCUAJQ
A full dropper = 5,000 IU

Vitamin D can have a striking effect on your sense of well being. I fall into mini-depressions sometimes (especially during the gloomy winter months) and this stuff fixes me right up.

The Peru Thread
"Feminists exist in a quantum super-state in which they are both simultaneously the victim and the aggressor." - Milo Yiannopoulos

Vitamin D supplements

That said, based on the most recent research by GrassrootsHealth—an organization that has greatly contributed to the current knowledge on vitamin D through their D* Action Study—it appears as though most adults need about 8,000 IU's of vitamin D a day in order to raise their serum levels above 40 ng/ml.4 For children, many experts agree they need about 35 IU's of vitamin D per pound of body weight.
Full link to article

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin