rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Want to know if someone's a narcissist? Ask just one question...

So research has emerged that there's a very simple way to find out if someone is a narcissist with one simple question:

"Are you a narcissist?".

Apparently us narcissists are so proud of this trait we happily tell anyone who wants to know, so believing are we of our superiority.

When I read this my immediate thought, as a narcissist, was that I had indeed complied with this rule many times when people had commented on the subject or me.

Here's the link anyway:

Narcissits know that they are such.

Nah. I have a better way.

Look at how they catch their reflection.

Call me a naysayer or a skeptic. There are exceptions to any rule.... including my sense of how narcissists view themselves and in this regard, there are likely quite a few narcissists who are "in the closet" about their view of their place in the world. Accordingly, the catch of the reflection may be a good indication of narcissism, depending upon how the catch of the reflection is done... b/c as Foolsgo1d seems to suggest a catch of the reflection could either indicate insecurity or admiration... depending upon how it is done... Anyhow, in the end, I do NOT buy it.. the direct statement being any true indication of the real state of affairs regarding narcissism.

Turn it viral:

"The one question you should be asking to find out if your friend is a narcissist. The answer will blow your mind"

"10 questions you shouldnt ask a narcissist. (And the one you should)"

"The 8 most narcissistic celebrities. Number 5 is my favourite."

Thread title over-promises.... Does not deliver.. Am I on RVF or buzzfeed?

Oh well, thanks for the link to the study.

Truthfully, I wonder sometimes if I am too narcissistic or normal or maybe even below average. How can you really know? Often times when I hear someone tell me I'm being selfish, what they're really saying is they want me to do something that benefits them, which means they are being selfish by calling me selfish or self-centered..

If I'm reading the article right, even the article author isn't sure how reliable asking the question is.

From the article:
Quote:Quote:

In my view, while Konrath et al have created a single question that performs remarkably well within the sphere of self-report measures, I remain to be convinced that it is a good measure of whether someone ‘really’ is a narcissist (if indeed this is a meaningful concept). Then again, the same could be said of most self-report questionnaires.

I've noticed that throwing the word "narcissist" into an article seems to get more interest.

What if the narcissistic shell involves claiming to be psychologically healthier than everyone else? The biggest narcissist I've seen is Stephan Molyneux and if you asked him if he were a narcissist I guarantee he'd just tell you that the only reason you're asking him that question is because your mother beat you with a sack of valencia oranges when you were a toddler.