rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Just moved to Medellin

Just moved to Medellin

I am currently in Envigado but will be relocating to Parque Belen in September. Anyways I moved from Fort Lauderdale and took a salary cut to do my IT work abroad. I am 31, super laid back and have fun wherever for the most part.

Anyways looking to check out more local sports other than Poblado and Parque Lleras. My Spanish sucks but I am learning more every day. PM me if anyways wants to grab a beer or something

Just moved to Medellin

Quote: (08-05-2014 03:45 PM)daweeze02 Wrote:  

I am currently in Envigado but will be relocating to Parque Belen in September. Anyways I moved from Fort Lauderdale and took a salary cut to do my IT work abroad. I am 31, super laid back and have fun wherever for the most part.

Anyways looking to check out more local sports other than Poblado and Parque Lleras. My Spanish sucks but I am learning more every day. PM me if anyways wants to grab a beer or something

Just curious as to what kind of visa you have.

Just moved to Medellin

Just tourist for now but Jan 1 it resets and I am good until June

Just moved to Medellin

What is your experience with the women so far in MDE?

Just moved to Medellin

So far so good. I have mainly been hanging out with a very good family oriented Paisa girl. I haven't encountered any gringo hunters yet but then again I haven't really been out where they patrol or out with a group of guys yet.

Just moved to Medellin

My Spanish sucks but I am learning more every day.

What made you pick MDE?

Just moved to Medellin

Quote: (08-06-2014 02:33 PM)JayMillz Wrote:  

What made you pick MDE?

I've always loved the latin culture, the weather, the women, price of living when on an American salary and shit I simply wanted a change from the US. Plus it's an easy 3 hour direct flight back home in case my job needs me to fly back.

Just moved to Medellin

Quote: (08-07-2014 05:10 PM)daweeze02 Wrote:  

Quote: (08-06-2014 02:33 PM)JayMillz Wrote:  

What made you pick MDE?

I've always loved the latin culture, the weather, the women, price of living when on an American salary and shit I simply wanted a change from the US. Plus it's an easy 3 hour direct flight back home in case my job needs me to fly back.

There is more to sell me on MDE than that! Cost of living is low, novelty, and the location for access around the country (and beyond, like Panama) is steller.

Just wanna say, it is a tempting gig. I need to visit - and were it not for the attractive counter-cyclical investing ops in Barecelona (and Argentina in general), it would be tops for me to move to.... Maybe, MDE just to visit? - next year?

I'll be looking out for your reports. THANKS (with envy)!

“There is no global anthem, no global currency, no certificate of global citizenship. We pledge allegiance to one flag, and that flag is the American flag!” -DJT

Just moved to Medellin

Monthly rental you paying?

The point of modern propaganda isn't only to misinform or push an agenda. It is to exhaust your critical thinking, to annihilate truth.
- Garry Kasparov | ‏@Kasparov63

Just moved to Medellin

I'm paying $400/month for a 4 bedroom apartment unfurnished.

Just moved to Medellin

Quote: (09-07-2014 10:21 PM)daweeze02 Wrote:  

I'm paying $400/month for a 4 bedroom apartment unfurnished.

Oh! wow.. how did you find it? Got internet? Maybe I cant spot in $100/ month for a room. What say?

The point of modern propaganda isn't only to misinform or push an agenda. It is to exhaust your critical thinking, to annihilate truth.

Just moved to Medellin

My buddy and his wife were moving to a bigger place and they gave me their old one. Sorry I wouldn't rent a room for that cheap even though I got an amazing deal. My place has a full time maid as well which is extra, so when I rent a room out I factor that in. I still have to pay internrt and utilities.

Just moved to Medellin

Quote: (09-11-2014 09:09 PM)daweeze02 Wrote:  

My buddy and his wife were moving to a bigger place and they gave me their old one. Sorry I wouldn't rent a room for that cheap even though I got an amazing deal. My place has a full time maid as well which is extra, so when I rent a room out I factor that in. I still have to pay internrt and utilities.

ok.. [Image: smile.gif] I just divided 400 by 4 rooms. What would you ask? I am sure a few bros coming that way can take by 2/3 rooms?

If not you, how could I look for a decent 1 room.. in apt or 1br apt for month or so? Suggestions/ advise?

Just moved to Medellin

I'd rent to one person, more than that would get too crowded. Plus my place isn't really a party pad lol. I'd charge 300 for a room considering you'll have someone cooking and doing your laundry daily. PM me if your interested, I arrive next Friday with my dogs.