rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

President Entertaining Idea Of Putting Female Faces On US Paper $

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/women-u-cu...00891.html

Quote:Quote:

[Image: b78e0050-18ed-11e4-9730-3d9f1911463d_opr...24x400.jpg]

Move over, George Washington. Eleanor Roosevelt might be taking your spot on the $1 bill.

A young girl's letter to President Obama sparked a discussion about the possibility of adding women's faces on American currency. Obama mentioned the letter at an appearance Wednesday in Kansas City, Mo.

Related: Daughters earn more than their moms did -- but not their dads

"And then she gave me like a long list of possible women to put on our dollar bills and quarters and stuff, which I thought was a pretty good idea," Obama said.

So did the Internet.

Soon, there was Oprah on a $20 bill thanks to New York Magazine, Harriet Tubman on a $100 bill from The New Republic and questions across the Twitterverse on why Beyonce doesn't have her own bill (she is, after all, called Queen Bey).

Joshua Pitones @joshua_ptns
Follow
I feel at this point Beyoncé deserves to be on a dollar bill #yahfeel
7:48 PM - 26 Jul 2014

Though there isn't currently a woman on a paper note, there was once, in 1886. Martha Washington appeared on the $1 silver certificate, which could be redeemed for silver coins.

Women have graced two dollar coins made mostly of copper. Susan B. Anthony is on one that looks something like a quarter, and Sacagawea is on what's known as the "golden dollar." Those coins remain in circulation, but are not currently in production.

[Image: b7817d30-18ed-11e4-8083-7d5d41068aa4_har...ollars.jpg]
I doubt it'll happen, but some of the candidates[Image: tard.gif]

I'd like to see the names on the list that made him say it's a 'good idea'

[Image: fuckthat.gif]

Pretty soon they'll be putting homos and trannies on our money as well.

Follow me on Twitter

Read my Blog: Fanghorn Forest

^^^This^^^

You know what, I have no problem putting a historically significant female on a bill. Given there have been no female presidents, the woman must be as significant as Hamilton or Franklin, the only two non-Presidents on US currency (not including coinage).

Other than that, they can take a hike. The men on US currency are great Americans (for the most part) and great men. Or to rephrase for feminists, they're great humans.

The idea of putting Beyonce on currency is flat out insulting to our forefathers and our nation.

[Image: barf.gif]

[attachment=20469]

It's happening!

the second one looks like aunt jemima. the first is oprah i think? wnb, and she is lesbian anyways

I look forward to being able to tell my friends "I got these hoes in my pocket."

Read my work on Return of Kings here.

Abigail Adams would be a decent choice for the next golden dollar or something like that. Definitely nothing permanent or widely circulated though.

She represents the ideal woman in my opinion. Deferential to her husband, embracing of her role as a wife and mother, and intelligent and educated for the purposes of intellectually nourishing her children and establishing a solid foundation of knowledge and morality. The type of woman who definitely holds up her end of the deal in molding wholesome, functioning members of a free society. And she was one of many. Pre-Industrial Rev. American women were pretty exceptional actually.

Is it just me, or is it perhaps that women are far more revered and appreciated in patriarchal, male dominated societies? Look at the last time a woman was on paper currency, 1886, when the US was still patriarchal. And not to go off topic, but how can you also explain how The Phillipines, Costa Rica, and Brazil has had female heads of state (all male dominated societies) but the feminized US has not?

They put that Indian broad on the gold $1 coin, remember? Sacagawea

[Image: sacagawea-dollar.jpg]

Follow me on Twitter

Read my Blog: Fanghorn Forest

Quote: (08-01-2014 04:44 PM)objectivist tree Wrote:  

They put that Indian broad on the gold $1 coin, remember? Sacagawea

[Image: sacagawea-dollar.jpg]

WB

Dr Johnson rumbles with the RawGod. And lives to regret it.

Quote: (08-01-2014 03:30 PM)eradicator Wrote:  

the second one looks like aunt jemima. the first is oprah i think? wnb, and she is lesbian anyways

I think that's Harriet Tubman

Truth be told, each of those old school black women who stood up against slavery and organized and mobilized the abolition movement were alpha as fuck: ain't nothin wrong with fightin' for what you believe in and being a leader in doing so.

Looks like Hillary is going to win the next election. Why else would this be discussed?

Quote: (08-01-2014 05:21 PM)Foolsgo1d Wrote:  

Looks like Hillary is going to win the next election. Why else would this be discussed?

I can't take Hillary seriously, she's a feminist. Can you imagine Hillary making a call to Putin to try to have 'a serious word" with him?

Good thing cash is on its way out.

Oprah should be on a British 500 pound note.

Trannies should be on a new $2 bill.

Team Nachos

Wow, just wow. Talk about discrimination. Why aren't there any transgenders on our dollar bills? This is an outrage. I am literally screaming, I am so angry. I don't think I'll be able to sleep well tonight. Thanks a lot you shitlords. This thread should have had a trigger warning. I will be telling my therapist and all my Tumblr followers about this tomorrow.

[size=8pt]"For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.”[/size] [size=7pt] - Romans 8:18[/size]

That black woman is Harriet Tubman.

I have no problem with it. As long as it is a real woman like Adams or Tubman . No modern woman from the last 30 years or so, could even hold their period rags today. If they even used them, lol.

With crass and disgusting murders like Jackson on the 20, no real woman would hurt anything. It might even get some ignorant person to look up the person and learn something valuable.

Dating Guide for Mainland China Datasheet
TravelerKai's Martial Arts Datasheet
1 John 4:20 - If anyone says, I love God, and hates (detests, abominates) his brother [in Christ], he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, Whom he has not seen.

Quote: (08-01-2014 04:36 PM)MdWanderer Wrote:  

Is it just me, or is it perhaps that women are far more revered and appreciated in patriarchal, male dominated societies? Look at the last time a woman was on paper currency, 1886, when the US was still patriarchal. And not to go off topic, but how can you also explain how The Phillipines, Costa Rica, and Brazil has had female heads of state (all male dominated societies) but the feminized US has not?

Because even women know better than to trust women to lead. And most men (minus manboob betas).

I have no problem with this so long as we use historical figures as prominent and important as the founding fathers or allegorical figures like Lady Liberty.

Take a gander at this nice note from 1896.

[Image: 800px-US-%245-SC-1896-Fr.270.jpg]

It's part of the "educational series" of notes and is very popular with collectors. It depicts electricity as a woman.

Take a gander at this one, from the same series of notes:

[Image: 800px-US-%241-SC-1896-Fr-224-%283923429%29.jpg]

Not only does it have "history," depicted as a woman on the front, it also has Martha Washington on the reverse. The joke regarding this note is that it needed to be discontinued because "No One" should come between George and Martha. Har Har Har.

It's likely that feminists will put pressure on Washington to pick women who are unimportant relative to their contemporaries. Consequently this will likely flop, but it won't be the first time that a woman is on US paper currency.

They need to stop making pennies. Those things are not worth the metal they are made with. Most copper ones are getting rare if they are not weathered to shit.

Dating Guide for Mainland China Datasheet
TravelerKai's Martial Arts Datasheet
1 John 4:20 - If anyone says, I love God, and hates (detests, abominates) his brother [in Christ], he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, Whom he has not seen.

It'll be really ironic that when the dollar inevitably goes under there will be women on the bills. Very symbolic if you ask me.

Founding Member of TEAM DOUBLE WRAPPED CONDOMS

You'd think Barack Obama has more pressing matters to worry about.

Quote: (08-01-2014 07:06 PM)polymath Wrote:  

You'd think Barack Obama has more pressing matters to worry about.
I kind of doubt he's pacing around the Oval Office thinking it.