rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Writer complains about hookup culture, blames the usual culprit: men

http://elitedaily.com/dating/hookup-cult...re/664654/

A female writer (Majored in psych, minored in English, big surprise) yet again missing the point.

It’s the “maybe” and the “at some point” that gets to me. The epidemic of passive man is upon us.
She laments for dominant men that won't send her passive plans. Man's fault.

I talk to women all the time who are losing hope that they’ll ever find a man who is actually willing to delete his Tinder account and just be with one awesome woman.
Men should settle down with her awesome friends, they're starting to feel the pressure of the wall and they can't stay on the carousel forever. Man's fault.

It’s rare for a woman of our generation to meet a man who treats her like a priority instead of an option.
Men don't need to put up with their bullshit, because they're not worth it and there's many more lined up behind her. This is egregious; men should not have options. Man's fault.

Many women tend to think the guy they’re hooking up with might fall for them. This is something they secretly hope will happen, and they convince themselves that a series of hookups with the same guy will ultimately lead to him wanting something more.

This lingering hope causes women to reluctantly participate in the hook-up culture, in hopes that he will wake up one day and realize it’s been her the whole time.

It reminds me of some Taylor Swift song — and accordingly, it’s a common enough problem that I’ve seen several women crushed when this dream dies.

Women don't want any part of the hookup culture, the evil men force them to do it. By golly, they're just about sick of it when they hit 30 and can't find as much success anymore. MAN'S FAULT.

To the men out there: It’s worth sacrificing other options for a special lady, and please bring back the traditional date. You will score major brownie points with women.
Men don't feel the need to spend money on a whore anymore, and I'm sick of paying for my own meals already. This is ridiculous, I want more prizes. MAN'S FAULT.

Erica Gordon is a hopeless romantic who loves to laugh and only lets you think she'll stand for your bullsh*t.
How could a girl with such a winning personality ever be cast aside by those evil men?! [Image: tard.gif]

She ... has since landed a job at the world's largest dating site, Plentyoffish.
Talk about hypocrisy.

Women are finally starting to notice the astonishing rate at which men are checking out of long-term dating. By nature of the fact that men don't have a time limit on their attractiveness (as women value more than just physical attractiveness in men), the hookup culture is inherently advantageous for men, or at least those that don't mind watching society burn. This is yet another article in the wave of "where have all the good men gone?" bullshit, and although she makes salient observations about how damaging hookup culture is for women, her indoctrination into feminist-soaked university culture is complete, and she is incapable of realizing that it is women who are to blame for this. Her only saving grace is that she suggested that women keep their legs shut to force men into relationships. However, this point is hollow because there is an overloaded market supply of young easy women, and it's impossible for a slut to re-virginize herself in any real man's eyes. There'll always be plenty of passive "beta" men for her, though I hardly think these will be satisfactory to the aging whore.

Figures they'd blame men. Maybe her awesome friends should have found themselves a decent guy before going on the carousel. I feel no sympathy for people who learn no one is interested in more than a hook up with them.

Bringing up a Taylor Swift song.

[Image: 538777-p6SP0.gif]

Read my Latest at Return of Kings: 11 Lessons in Leadership from Julius Caesar
My Blog | Twitter

Found more of her shit.

http://thoughtcatalog.com/erica-gordon/

She really doesn't like passive men.

Also, almost forgot the most important part:

[Image: 10413030_1519505891606744_1085562712_a.jpg]

Her on the right. Tentative WB. Would be aggressive 1st time, would never call again.

"Maybe" and "at some point" doesn't mean he is passive and afraid of rejection, it means he just views her as B list and wants an out in case something better comes along.

In about twenty years there will be herds of single middleaged-elderly women. They will probably move into 'spinster pads' and enjoy themselves by eating out and complimenting each other.

WB.

Would not call back.

You have given me a slice of the pie and there is not much value elsewhere. Why should I stay?

These articles should all be titled:

Slutty 6 Angry That No One Wants To Settle Down With Her

So long as feminism fails to teach women that actions have consequences, what you bring to the table is important, and you can't control what men find desirable, there is going to be a plethora of these whiney, entitled idiots.

I can't say it enough, they make it so much more complicated than it needs to be.

1) Be cute.
2) Don't be a cunt.
3) Show up.

Quote: (07-31-2014 12:22 PM)nigerian Wrote:  

In about twenty years there will be herds of single middleaged-elderly women. They will probably move into 'spinster pads' and enjoy themselves by eating out and complimenting each other.

Very true.

One look at my social media shows so many women who I met in their early 20s, were cute and fun to mess around with, are now in their early 30s without an actual relationship in sight. One just announced her relationship status to the most stereotypical beta. If only he knew how much cock has been in her (mouth and otherwise).

But most of these early-mid 30s women, who looked so cheerful even five years ago, now have that thousand yard stare of desperation.

Yes- blame all of us guys who are hot to girls because girls can't help themselves when they are turned on.

1) Be cute.
2) Don't be a cunt.
3) Show up.

It really is that simple.

Can't see how it is our fault. Guys with game are just playing the cards right.

Hamster spinning into overdrive here brothers.

Quote: (07-31-2014 12:01 PM)Libertas Wrote:  

Bringing up a Taylor Swift song.

One of the biggest red flags there is in my book.

She wants to bring back 'traditional' dating, which is fair enough - but only the parts that appeal to her like a guy fawning all over her. For it to be meaningful she'd have to accept all aspects of traditional gender relations, which would in turn severely limit the chances for carousel riders. In other words longing for a 1950s dating game with 2014 N counts isn't going to end well for her.

The problem is that there are too many men that have the 1950s dating mindset. American women in general are repulsed by the behavior, but I wouldn't expect someone like her to understand what the hell she was talking about.

Guys, don't use the Do Not Link service. It masks the link. People should know what they're clicking.

If you truly don't want to send attention to a web site, don't mention it.

Most "liked" response:

Quote:Quote:

For someone who has never partaken in the "Hookup" and is looking for someone real, genuine and caring it's quite frustrating. I have not had a girlfriend in the past 4 years and it's not by choice. I've had many great dates that are planned, unique and exciting, I feel we both get along but soon as I show any emotion the women run, wont text or call to let me know why? I'm successful in my career and life, in shape and have a good personality but then I see old friends who treat women like garbage, live like slobs, and work at a dead end job and they have women lined up out the door wanting them, perhaps because they don't respect women and act all badass, is that the new standard of attractiveness... and all these individuals do is "hook up" then drop her on the curb when they've had their way and it's off to the next. The dating scene is completely rotten in my opinion. I will not change who I am in order to have a woman, I would rather die alone then compromise who I am and become one of these pathetic sheep.

[Image: lol.gif]

Women complaining about the men they're attracted to, while ignoring the men they claim they want? That's weird.

"...so I gave her an STD, and she STILL wanted to bang me."

TEAM NO APPS

TEAM PINK

Is "hopeless romantic" just slang for "cock carousel season ticket holder" now?

Quote: (07-31-2014 05:18 PM)thedude3737 Wrote:  

Most "liked" response:

For someone who has never partaken in the "Hookup" and is looking for someone real, genuine and caring it's quite frustrating. I have not had a girlfriend in the past 4 years and it's not by choice. I've had many great dates that are planned, unique and exciting, I feel we both get along but soon as I show any emotion the women run, wont text or call to let me know why? I'm successful in my career and life, in shape and have a good personality but then I see old friends who treat women like garbage, live like slobs, and work at a dead end job and they have women lined up out the door wanting them, perhaps because they don't respect women and act all badass, is that the new standard of attractiveness... and all these individuals do is "hook up" then drop her on the curb when they've had their way and it's off to the next. The dating scene is completely rotten in my opinion. I will not change who I am in order to have a woman, I would rather die alone then compromise who I am and become one of these pathetic sheep.

This guy that wrote this is the prime example of a "pathetic sheep"

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

Women decide when, where, and how sex occurs. If anyone is to blame for hookup culture, it's solely them, and as a group they're free to change the climate any time they wish.

Even as an individual woman, the utter triviality of finding a guy who's not going to pump and dump you and would love to hang around and be faithful can't be put into words... There is an incomprehensible surplus of men like this.
But of course, they don't want that either. They want the paradox of being seduced and savagely fucked by a mysterious bad boy an hour after they meet him, yet somehow still manage to be a Disney princess at the end of it all and capture his loyalty.

Good luck, bitch. Hope you're not allergic to cats.

[Image: carousel.gif]

Quote: (07-31-2014 06:20 PM)Cr33pin Wrote:  

Most "liked" response:

Exactly!! Fallowing the advice that is being given to you from the mainstream that has gotten you nowhere in the last 4 years and you dare call someone a sheep? Ladies and Gentlemen, male hamstering at it's finest!

Quote: (07-31-2014 06:20 PM)Cr33pin Wrote:  

Most "liked" response:

I thought the same thing.

I quickly checked his profile, and a few of the other guys complaining. All feminine.

Likewise, quickly checked the women giving (condescending) advice. All dumpy to fat.

So a bunch of dumpy/fat women giving (shitty of course) advice to feminine men. None of these people of course want to fuck each other.

The circular of celibacy and bitterness carries on despite obvious, simple solutions for these people.

Feminine men - Don't listen to women for advice and just follow your instinct. There is a happy medium between being a 'bad boy' and a 'nice guy'. It's called being a man. A man goes for what he wants instead of expecting women to flock to him.

Women - It's not just about what you want, it's also about what you have to offer. Lose weight and stop talking so much. You're not as interesting as you think you are. No one is.

Quote: (07-31-2014 05:03 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

Guys, don't use the Do Not Link service. It masks the link. People should know what they're clicking.

If you truly don't want to send attention to a web site, don't mention it.

I used it for the express purpose of preventing their pagerank from going up. While Elitedaily isn't particularly disgusting, I don't want to increase the pagerank of some article from Jezebel or Huffington. I understand hiding the link isn't good...what if I were to write the link out but with the "." as "(dot)"? This, to me, is the best of both worlds.

If by "new standard of attractiveness" you really mean "standard of attractiveness thats as old as time", then yes. Thats the "new" standard.

Since the late 1970s, there's been a fall in wages and employment for male workers. Which makes males less capable of earning stable high wages to support marriages and families. At the same time, women's economic prospects have improved. So women have less of a need for a male provider and men have less ability to settle down.

This has been worsened by increasing real estate prices, which is a consequence of immigration-driven population growth. Marriage is less feasible when housing prices put a home out of reach for regular workers. If a young male making minimum wage observes at that the average house price in his metro is $400K, as is the case in quite a few of major urban metros, he can't afford a house. So his odds of marriage decrease and he's less likely to look for a stable relationship.

Quote: (07-31-2014 11:37 AM)Texas_Tryhard Wrote:  

To the men out there: It’s worth sacrificing other options for a special lady

Men still know this. The issue is that the overwhelming majority of women aren't special.