rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Israel multi-city overview

I have just come back from Israel. This will be a brief overview of many different cities, as I hardly spent any time in any one location. Overall, the most important thing about Israel is that the girls are very cute.

Hebrew
English is common, but not universal. I would guess something like 1/4 to 1/3 Israelis truly speak English. You will occasionally need to get by without English, and Hebrew is useful and fun to learn. Interestingly, Hebrew although it is a Semitic language, has a lot of Germanic influence in it's grammatical structure. Since it was revivied by Yiddish(germanic)-speaking peoples, much of the Semitic grammar has apparently been changed in a way that makes the grammar much more accesible for speakers of Germanic langauges. Therefore, learning basic things, it seems
very straightforward.

Shalom - Hello
Can - Yes
Lo - No
Boy - Let's go (ie, telling a girl to come with you somewhere)
Tov - Good
Ze tov - it's good, it's ok
Sli cha - Excuse me... (in both the, "get out of the way" sense and "may I ask a question?" sense)
Manishma? - How are you?
Sababa - Cool, ok, sounds good
Efo _____ - Where is ______
Efo toilet - Where is the bathroom (toilet means bathroom there)
Ten li ______ - Give me _____ (used to order food)
Ten li espresso/cafe/shawarma pita /falafel pita - Give me espresso, etc. When ordering food, specific shawarma or falafel pita. I forget the word for platter.
Toda - Thank you
Bevakesha - you're welcome

And maybe the most important. Shots. In Israel if you say you want a "shot" of something, you get like a double shot, basically a glass of it. If you want what we call a shot, you have to call it a "chaser". "Chaser" in Israel has nothing to do with chasing a shot. It's weird but, when in Rome...

Chaser - normal shot
Shot - glass of liquor.

OK let's get a Hebrew conversation going. You HAVE to lead this convers:

You walk into a cafe.

A: Shalom (Hello)
B: Shalom
A: Ten li espresso (give me espresso)
B: Espresso?
A: Can, espresso. (yes, espresso)
B: Says something in Hebrew about how much it costs. You don't know numbers or any of these words
A: Hands him 10 shekels, it should be about that much.
B: Toda (thank you, hands you change)
A: Toda (leaves 10% tip).

Let's try another conversation:

A: Sli cha, efo shawarma tov? (Excuse me, where can I find good shawarma)
B: Points, says something in hebrew
A: Toda
B: Bevakesha

The girls:

Highlights: Mix of European, Mid Eastern, Russian and Ethiopians makes Israeli girls very enticing.

You have a range of ethnicities, I think European Ashkenazi Jews make up something like 1/3 of the country. These girls can range from typical "jewish-looking" to looking just like any christian European girl. A range of looks is very common from curly hair and dark features to straight blonde hair and fair features.

The single largest European group in Israel is Russians. There are some Russian Jews who you couldn't tell apart from other Jews, ie. dark curly hair, dark eyes, mid-easternish complexion. However, there is a huge community of Russians who don't look like this at all. They just look like regular slavs, blonde, the whole deal. These people are mainly not really Jewish, they may have some Jewish ancestor down the line, but apparently many have just come to Israel because they wanted to leave Russia.

In many cities in fact, you see there is such a large Russian community that it is the predominant language in some areas. Haifa, for instance, is probably something like 1/4 or 1/3 Russian-Speakers. Among Russian-Speakers, it seems much less common to know English. The same could be said of Ethiopian speakers. The people with the best English seem to be born-and-bred Israelis who don't have particularly strong ties to any other ethnicity or nationality.

Besides Europeans, many Jews are Middle-Eastern and North-African in origin. A hundred years ago there were millions and millions of Jews all throughout the middle east and North Africa. Now, there are hardly any, as many have fled to Israel. An amusing story was that the King of Morocco at one point actually paid for the airfare for every Jew in Morocco to emigrate to Israel. Apparently 20 or so opted to stay in Morocco, and the rest took him up on his offer.

The middle-eastern girls in Israel are also very good looking. You really could not tell them apart from other middle-eastern girls except for how they dress/behave.

And finally, there is a small but always present element of Ethiopian Jews spread throughout the country. These girls are cute too. Further, Sudanese and Eritreans have been entering the country as refugees. If you have any awareness of Ethiopian looks, you can tell them apart immediately. Some cute Sudanese girls around too.

Cultural habits:
Israelis are thin naturally. Most girls don't seem to really work out, but don't really need to either. At a beach, you will see lots of cute girls with great bodies, and then you see their butts, and it's not as nice as you would expect. In the USA, with our obesity epidemic, it's almost a guarantee that if a girl isn't fat, she must work out, and therefore is doing exercises to shape her body. In Israel, they just eat good food, smoke, and don't seem to work out. The not-so-awesome asses are more than made up for by the cute faces and the fact that Israeli girls seem to have great tits all around.

A normal meal in Israel consists of basically healthy food. Tons of vegetables everywhere. Some meat, some kind of carbs, and tons of veggies.

People smoke like crazy. Everywhere. In clubs, in bars. Many restaurants and bars offer hookah, called "nargila" in Israel. If G Manifesto were around, Israel would be his jumpoff.

In Israel, English is not as common as I thought. The lingustic scene is much more diverse than I expected.

While you certainly can make due with only English, you won't be able to speak with everyone. Often in order for me to communicate with someone in a restaurant, 5 employees would need to go find the one guy who spoke good English. Hebrew is the lingua franca, and many people speak other languages, with Arabic and Russian being the most common. Learning a bit of Hebrew will help.

Cities:

Tel Aviv: The largest city, tons of options here. Right on the mediterranean, which is beautiful. All along the beach, there are these public workout stations. I've never seen anything quite like it. People go there and get a little workout in on the beach. They even had a public scale for people to weigh themselves! Imagine that.
[Image: IMG_4781.jpg]

Different sections of the beach have different names. GORDON BEACH is a popular one near expensive hotels which attracts a very nice looking crowd of girls.

A series of bars for University students can be found on Ben Yehuda street. "Chaser" is one I can recall which had some cute girls, and several other bars within walking distance.

Huge city that I barely explored at all, tons more to do than I had the chance to see.

Netanya: A small city on the Mediterranean maybe an hour north of Tel Aviv. Stayed at the Hotel Q there, right on the water. Right next to a nice bar with outdoor seating and hookah/nargila. Swam in the Mediterranean, didn't do much else besides go to the bar.

[Image: netanya%2086[1]_2.jpg]

Haifa: Absolutely huge Russian population here. All signs are in Hebrew/Russian/Arabic. This city is something like 1/3 Russian 1/3 Arab Christians and 1/3 "normal" Israelis with some Ethiopians. Very many cute girls walking around everywhere, many cute Russian girls who did not speak English. If you speak any Russian and are in Israel, it would be wonderful to hit up this city. Tourist attractions include the beautiful Bahai gardens:
[Image: TerracesBenGurion2.jpg]

As well as the German Colony, which is just a series of restaurants, cafes and bars which is a nice place to congregate during the day at least.

[Image: the%2520german%2520colony%2520haifa%2520...218750.jpg]

If I were to go back to Israel, I would spend more time in Haifa. Haifa is also on the Mediterranean, and is the biggest port-city in the North. I think one reason so many Russians settle here is that they likely came by ship and this is simply where they ended up. Could be another reason why so many other communities have passed through here as well. They say when many European Jews came to Israel, Haifa was where they landed originally.

Tiberias: A rather vacant seemingly run down city on the sea of Galilee. Not much that I saw there besides going to the Galilee (Kineret in Hebrew). Swimming in the Galilee is nice, it's very warm, though the shores are quite rocky.

Jerusalem: Despite being known as a religious city, there is a lot to do. Ben Yehuda Street is a pedestrian only area full of shops, bars, cafes and restaurants where you could easily start your night. Walking around we met some random girls who took us to a fun bar. Very easy to talk to people here. It's a very touristy area but also many many Israelis go there, clearly more Israeli than not but again, lots of people selling junk aimed at tourists. Chat up some Israelis and find out where the good bars are that night.

[Image: benyehuda.jpg]

Eilat: The southern-most city, situated on the Red Sea, known as the hottest city in Israel with temperatures topping 40 C regularly. It's hot but the dry heat really did not bother me so much. I swear a muggy day in NYC is worse than a hot desert day. Just bring sunblock and you'll be fine. Throughout Israel when I was in very sunny hot situations, I preferred to wear long-sleeves and pants. You will sweat in long-sleeves or short-sleeves, but protecting yourself from the direct sun seemed more important than the slight breeze you'd get in a t-shirt.

The city is a resort town with lots of fancy hotels, diving and snorkeling, coral reef.

[Image: eilat.jpg]
[Image: eilatdiving.jpg]

Overall

Something I haven't mentioned is Israeli girls seemed like kinda ball busters. I didn't really have much time to game and was always bouncing to one city or the other. But it doesn't seem like there is a big hookup culture, seems much more like social-circle culture. Trying to chat with girls at bars, they really liked to give you a hard time. Jewish girls, what are you gonna do...

Also prices in Israel are outrageous. Salaries there are not very high, but a normal beer at a bar will run you 25-30 shekels, which is like 8-10 dollars. A regular shawarma pita sandwich will be like 25-30 shekels as well, again 8-10 dollars. Many Israelis complain about high prices. Even coming from NY prices seemed higher than what I was used to. Not a cheap destination. But cute girls, the Mediterranean, and good weather make it a good destination overall.

Quote: (07-29-2014 10:58 AM)Sonsowey Wrote:  

I have just come back from Israel. This will be a brief overview of many different cities, as I hardly spent any time in any one location. Overall, the most important thing about Israel is that the girls are very cute.

Hebrew
English is common, but not universal. I would guess something like 1/4 to 1/3 Israelis truly speak English. You will occasionally need to get by without English, and Hebrew is useful and fun to learn. Interestingly, Hebrew although it is a Semitic language, has a lot of Germanic influence in it's grammatical structure. Since it was revivied by Yiddish(germanic)-speaking peoples, much of the Semitic grammar has apparently been changed in a way that makes the grammar much more accesible for speakers of Germanic langauges. Therefore, learning basic things, it seems
very straightforward.

Shalom - Hello
Can - Yes
Lo - No
Boy - Let's go (ie, telling a girl to come with you somewhere)
Tov - Good
Ze tov - it's good, it's ok
Sli cha - Excuse me... (in both the, "get out of the way" sense and "may I ask a question?" sense)
Manishma? - How are you?
Sababa - Cool, ok, sounds good
Efo _____ - Where is ______
Efo toilet - Where is the bathroom (toilet means bathroom there)
Ten li ______ - Give me _____ (used to order food)
Ten li espresso/cafe/shawarma pita /falafel pita - Give me espresso, etc. When ordering food, specific shawarma or falafel pita. I forget the word for platter.
Toda - Thank you
Bevakesha - you're welcome

And maybe the most important. Shots. In Israel if you say you want a "shot" of something, you get like a double shot, basically a glass of it. If you want what we call a shot, you have to call it a "chaser". "Chaser" in Israel has nothing to do with chasing a shot. It's weird but, when in Rome...

Chaser - normal shot
Shot - glass of liquor.

OK let's get a Hebrew conversation going. You HAVE to lead this convers:

You walk into a cafe.

A: Shalom (Hello)
B: Shalom
A: Ten li espresso (give me espresso)
B: Espresso?
A: Can, espresso. (yes, espresso)
B: Says something in Hebrew about how much it costs. You don't know numbers or any of these words
A: Hands him 10 shekels, it should be about that much.
B: Toda (thank you, hands you change)
A: Toda (leaves 10% tip).

Let's try another conversation:

A: Sli cha, efo shawarma tov? (Excuse me, where can I find good shawarma)
B: Points, says something in hebrew
A: Toda
B: Bevakesha

The girls:

Highlights: Mix of European, Mid Eastern, Russian and Ethiopians makes Israeli girls very enticing.

You have a range of ethnicities, I think European Ashkenazi Jews make up something like 1/3 of the country. These girls can range from typical "jewish-looking" to looking just like any christian European girl. A range of looks is very common from curly hair and dark features to straight blonde hair and fair features.

The single largest European group in Israel is Russians. There are some Russian Jews who you couldn't tell apart from other Jews, ie. dark curly hair, dark eyes, mid-easternish complexion. However, there is a huge community of Russians who don't look like this at all. They just look like regular slavs, blonde, the whole deal. These people are mainly not really Jewish, they may have some Jewish ancestor down the line, but apparently many have just come to Israel because they wanted to leave Russia.

In many cities in fact, you see there is such a large Russian community that it is the predominant language in some areas. Haifa, for instance, is probably something like 1/4 or 1/3 Russian-Speakers. Among Russian-Speakers, it seems much less common to know English. The same could be said of Ethiopian speakers. The people with the best English seem to be born-and-bred Israelis who don't have particularly strong ties to any other ethnicity or nationality.

Besides Europeans, many Jews are Middle-Eastern and North-African in origin. A hundred years ago there were millions and millions of Jews all throughout the middle east and North Africa. Now, there are hardly any, as many have fled to Israel. An amusing story was that the King of Morocco at one point actually paid for the airfare for every Jew in Morocco to emigrate to Israel. Apparently 20 or so opted to stay in Morocco, and the rest took him up on his offer.

The middle-eastern girls in Israel are also very good looking. You really could not tell them apart from other middle-eastern girls except for how they dress/behave.

And finally, there is a small but always present element of Ethiopian Jews spread throughout the country. These girls are cute too. Further, Sudanese and Eritreans have been entering the country as refugees. If you have any awareness of Ethiopian looks, you can tell them apart immediately. Some cute Sudanese girls around too.

Cultural habits:
Israelis are thin naturally. Most girls don't seem to really work out, but don't really need to either. At a beach, you will see lots of cute girls with great bodies, and then you see their butts, and it's not as nice as you would expect. In the USA, with our obesity epidemic, it's almost a guarantee that if a girl isn't fat, she must work out, and therefore is doing exercises to shape her body. In Israel, they just eat good food, smoke, and don't seem to work out. The not-so-awesome asses are more than made up for by the cute faces and the fact that Israeli girls seem to have great tits all around.

A normal meal in Israel consists of basically healthy food. Tons of vegetables everywhere. Some meat, some kind of carbs, and tons of veggies.

People smoke like crazy. Everywhere. In clubs, in bars. Many restaurants and bars offer hookah, called "nargila" in Israel. If G Manifesto were around, Israel would be his jumpoff.

In Israel, English is not as common as I thought. The lingustic scene is much more diverse than I expected.

While you certainly can make due with only English, you won't be able to speak with everyone. Often in order for me to communicate with someone in a restaurant, 5 employees would need to go find the one guy who spoke good English. Hebrew is the lingua franca, and many people speak other languages, with Arabic and Russian being the most common. Learning a bit of Hebrew will help.

Cities:

Tel Aviv: The largest city, tons of options here. Right on the mediterranean, which is beautiful. All along the beach, there are these public workout stations. I've never seen anything quite like it. People go there and get a little workout in on the beach. They even had a public scale for people to weigh themselves! Imagine that.
[Image: IMG_4781.jpg]

Different sections of the beach have different names. GORDON BEACH is a popular one near expensive hotels which attracts a very nice looking crowd of girls.

A series of bars for University students can be found on Ben Yehuda street. "Chaser" is one I can recall which had some cute girls, and several other bars within walking distance.

Huge city that I barely explored at all, tons more to do than I had the chance to see.

Netanya: A small city on the Mediterranean maybe an hour north of Tel Aviv. Stayed at the Hotel Q there, right on the water. Right next to a nice bar with outdoor seating and hookah/nargila. Swam in the Mediterranean, didn't do much else besides go to the bar.

[Image: netanya%2086[1]_2.jpg]

Haifa: Absolutely huge Russian population here. All signs are in Hebrew/Russian/Arabic. This city is something like 1/3 Russian 1/3 Arab Christians and 1/3 "normal" Israelis with some Ethiopians. Very many cute girls walking around everywhere, many cute Russian girls who did not speak English. If you speak any Russian and are in Israel, it would be wonderful to hit up this city. Tourist attractions include the beautiful Bahai gardens:
[Image: TerracesBenGurion2.jpg]

As well as the German Colony, which is just a series of restaurants, cafes and bars which is a nice place to congregate during the day at least.

[Image: the%2520german%2520colony%2520haifa%2520...218750.jpg]

If I were to go back to Israel, I would spend more time in Haifa. Haifa is also on the Mediterranean, and is the biggest port-city in the North. I think one reason so many Russians settle here is that they likely came by ship and this is simply where they ended up. Could be another reason why so many other communities have passed through here as well. They say when many European Jews came to Israel, Haifa was where they landed originally.

Tiberias: A rather vacant seemingly run down city on the sea of Galilee. Not much that I saw there besides going to the Galilee (Kineret in Hebrew). Swimming in the Galilee is nice, it's very warm, though the shores are quite rocky.

Jerusalem: Despite being known as a religious city, there is a lot to do. Ben Yehuda Street is a pedestrian only area full of shops, bars, cafes and restaurants where you could easily start your night. Walking around we met some random girls who took us to a fun bar. Very easy to talk to people here. It's a very touristy area but also many many Israelis go there, clearly more Israeli than not but again, lots of people selling junk aimed at tourists. Chat up some Israelis and find out where the good bars are that night.

[Image: benyehuda.jpg]

Eilat: The southern-most city, situated on the Red Sea, known as the hottest city in Israel with temperatures topping 40 C regularly. It's hot but the dry heat really did not bother me so much. I swear a muggy day in NYC is worse than a hot desert day. Just bring sunblock and you'll be fine. Throughout Israel when I was in very sunny hot situations, I preferred to wear long-sleeves and pants. You will sweat in long-sleeves or short-sleeves, but protecting yourself from the direct sun seemed more important than the slight breeze you'd get in a t-shirt.

The city is a resort town with lots of fancy hotels, diving and snorkeling, coral reef.

[Image: eilat.jpg]
[Image: eilatdiving.jpg]

Overall

Something I haven't mentioned is Israeli girls seemed like kinda ball busters. I didn't really have much time to game and was always bouncing to one city or the other. But it doesn't seem like there is a big hookup culture, seems much more like social-circle culture. Trying to chat with girls at bars, they really liked to give you a hard time. Jewish girls, what are you gonna do...

Also prices in Israel are outrageous. Salaries there are not very high, but a normal beer at a bar will run you 25-30 shekels, which is like 8-10 dollars. A regular shawarma pita sandwich will be like 25-30 shekels as well, again 8-10 dollars. Many Israelis complain about high prices. Even coming from NY prices seemed higher than what I was used to. Not a cheap destination. But cute girls, the Mediterranean, and good weather make it a good destination overall.

The idea of going to Israel is as appealing to me as heading to apartheid South Africa back in the 1970s & 80s. Racism just aint my thing. No thanks.

Boycott.

Man, hot women in Israel are something else.
The majority of them are real divas and just all round shit cunts. But fuck me, they are something to look at!

Prices seem to be the only downfall :-(

Quote: (07-29-2014 11:33 AM)Maximilian I Wrote:  

The idea of going to Israel is as appealing to me as heading to apartheid South Africa back in the 1970s & 80s. I dont support racism. No thanks.

Boycott.

You don't support racism, but you support Palestine?
Here's an article I came across this morning, you should prob have a quick look at.
http://www.tabletmag.com/jewish-news-and...#undefined

The less fucks you give, the more fucks you get.

Quote: (07-29-2014 11:44 AM)spalex Wrote:  

The majority of them are real divas and just all round shit cunts. But fuck me, they are something to look at!

The idea of going to Israel is as appealing to me as heading to apartheid South Africa back in the 1970s & 80s. I dont support racism. No thanks.

Boycott.

Here's an article I came across this morning, you should prob have a quick look at.

Penned by a Christian Fundamentalist citing people like MLK who if alive today and seeing the murderous actions of the State of Israel (incidentally a staunch ally of apartheid South Africa) would be at the forefront of condemning it.

Sorry but Israel is racist, propped up by a racial supremacist ideology, Zionism.

Please lets keep the arguments elsewhere. Plenty of room to argue in other forums. If you do not want to visit Israel, fine.

Hopefully people won't be arguing in this thread. Good call on Hebrew but one thing that you left out (or may not know) is that in Modern Hebrew, many arabic words taken and altered.

Most Jews come from EE which is why so many like EE or Russian

I think to fuck a lot of women, you will definitely need to know some Hebrew.

McCoy, do you know any Hebrew to share? That was literally my etire vocab that I picked up in a week, I know next to nothing about it.

My point in discussing Russians is that, I have known Russian Jews in the U.S. and they look like any other jews, they are Ashkenazi. The large Russian community in Israel is much more ethnically slavic and does not resemble Ashkenazi Jews, so people who like the slavic look will find plenty of good options in Israel.

Let's not hijack this thread. There is already an extensive Israel/Gaza discussion in the Everything Else Forum.

Quote: (07-29-2014 11:49 AM)Maximilian I Wrote:  

Quote: (07-29-2014 11:44 AM)spalex Wrote:  

Boycott.

Penned by a Christian Fundamentalist citing people like MLK who if alive today and seeing the murderous actions of the State of Israel (incidentally a staunch ally of apartheid South Africa) would be at the forefront of condemning it.

Sorry but Israel is racist, propped up by a racial supremacist ideology, Zionism.

Fuck off dude. Enjoy the hammer.

The idea of going to Israel is as appealing to me as heading to apartheid South Africa back in the 1970s & 80s. Racism just aint my thing. No thanks.

Boycott.

I could care less about their ideology. The women are smoking, my uncircumcised dick would be very happy there.

OP, you said you liked Haifa better than Tel Aviv. Any reasons?

Quote: (07-29-2014 12:36 PM)Exiled Princeling Wrote:  

OP, you said you liked Haifa better than Tel Aviv. Any reasons?

My stay in each city was about 2 days so any judgement is really surface level. It was basically the striking fact of the Russian community that did it for me.

The Bahai gardens were wonderful, the German Colony is nice, and the entire city seems very walkable and manageable. Walking around Haifa, I was reminded of Latin America. I thought "This is like if Latin America were run better." The way the streets were organized, there was just a kind of Colonial Latin America feel, mixed with lots of streets where vendors with open-front markets were selling things. I saw lots of shops that could be straight out of Latin America, just selling normal stuff, clothes, technology. There were markets under tarps just like Latin America, obviously selling different things.

Certainly Tel Aviv has a lot to offer, but I kind of like smaller cities a bit better. There was nothing that I particularly did in Haifa that drew me in, it just intrigued me a bit more than Tel Aviv. The mystique of a smaller more unique city did it for me.