rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

What I learned from my Month away from Home

In this thread, I'm going to be sharing some observations, stories, and lessons I've learned from going on a month long trip by myself away from home for the first time in my life.

First, my own profile:
Race: White
Hair: Blonde
Eyes: Blue
Height: 6'2"
Weight: 217 lb
Looks: average to above average

I started off my trip in mid June. I took an Airplane to Boston and stayed with a friend for a week. My friend is a red pill male who actually introduced me to Return of Kings, and therefore, the manosphere. Neither of us had any practical experience with cold approaches, and so that is what we dedicated our week to. Unfortunately, my friend is 17, so we couldn't try any clubs or bars. However, we went all around Boston cold approaching. I did my first cold approach in an Au Bon Paine located in Northeastern University. She was an Asian, college-aged working on her laptop.

Like a good little student of Roosh, I meekly asked her "Excuse me, is that a good laptop?" The conversation fizzled out after we had exhausted everything about the laptop. Sadly enough, that's pretty much what happened the rest of the week. I'd approach a girl, use an elderly opener, and then the conversation would fizzle out after we'd discussed everything about the object. My friend ran into the same problem. I'd say over the course of that week I made 10 approaches. Not one number. My friend got close with this one college girl, and had run through half of GALNUC, but ended up chickening out.

Now, you may ask, ONLY 10 approaches in a week? You must have skipped a lot of girls. Well, the truth of the matter is, while I can think of 2 instances where I chickened out... every other eligible girl we saw was either too old, too ugly, or with friends. I was definitely not prepared to deal with a cockblocking friend/s during daygame.

I did take one positive from the week, though, and that was the fact that I progressed a LOT in randomly talking to strangers. My self-consciousness and lack of confidence is still here, but to a exponentially lower degree than before that week.

The next thing I did was attend a summer camp. This is where I started to have some success. There was an excellent female to male ratio, probably about 3 to 1, so I had that going for me which probably helped. But there was this one girl I had my eye on. I had set my standards low (she was a 6) and thought I probably had a pretty good chance with her. And I did. I was confident as fuck around her and it ended up that not only she was attracted to me... but her whole fucking circle of friends. A 7 from Spain was also taking a strong interest in me. Unfortunately, I felt I had already committed to the original girl and did not pursue the Spanish one.

Anyway, I made a fatal mistake with this girl-- I waited. Too cowardly to escalate, this girl was practically drooling over me and I did nothing about it. By the time I figured out, the camp was already over, I was left with nothing but a full ballsack.

Another thing I regretted from this camp experience was my choice of companions. There were two guys who were kind of "alpha" in the sense that they were talking to and flirting with the girls while us other guys simply stared at them in jealousy and stayed in the sausage fest. I was totally capable of joining those other two guys, befriending them, and using that social circle game to pull the 7, 8, and 9s, but my lack of confidence amongst fellow males prevented me from simply talking to them and hanging out with them.

Fortunately, I had a chance to redeem myself at another camp. This time, I played my social cards very incorrectly. Because of my constant joking and rather odd stunts I pulled a few times, I kinda earned the "Clown/Jester" role, as opposed to the "high value as fuck Alpha male" role. I did try to game some girls, one simply lacked interest (I suspect for racial reasons), and the other had a boyfriend that she didn't mention until a few days after I was gaming her. Then, we had the dance party on the last night before we left. It was here that I finally demonstrated my Alpha as fuck attitude and was one of the few guys with the balls to go up and actually do some dirty dancing with the girls. It was also at this dance where I met a girl who I will call Anna. Anna was someone I had noticed in passing, but had never even talked to or knew much about her. In my book, she was a 7-8. This being so, and because my confidence level was sky high thanks to the dirty dancing I'd just done, I went up to talk to her. She turned out to be the most feminine, deep, inwardly beautiful girl at the camp. Thanks to fucking lights out, our conversation was cut short. The next day, however, we sat next to eachother on the bus to the airport. I gamed her the whole way, got her number, the whole shabang. Then, when we finally had to say goodbye, I told her to kiss me on the cheek and she blushed and did it. The the Alpha male part of my brain said go for the real kiss, but the unconfident, beta part won out. I've been texting her ever since, and she also confirmed that she would have gone for a real kiss.

So that's my story. Comments, observations, and complaints are welcome.

I'd say the biggest thing I've learned from this trip is that self-consciousness is almost always unfounded, and the solution to this is to be two times as more confident than you think you need to be, since you constantly underestimate yourself.

Keep at it with those elderly openers man. This hits close to home because I was 18 when I did my first cold approach.

Now im 20 and only looking back is when I can see how much I have progressed. Now what I have to put up with is flakey bitches and last minute resistence.

Like Roosh once said "Just keep going"