rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

I’m Tired Of Feeling Grateful To My Husband For Marrying A Single Mom

Quote:Quote:

When I met my husband, I wasn’t looking to date anyone. After leaving my son’s father, I was pretty convinced that I would never date again. I thought that I would just be content as a single mother, devoting my life to my child and working my way up the career ladder. Dating seemed like too much work, too much of a distraction. Then I met a man who changed my mind.

Mike was a friend of a friend. He seemed kind and caring. He listened to stories about my son and remembered details about my little boy, asking follow up questions about an activity the next time I saw him. Mike had never been married, didn’t have any children. He owned his own home. He had a good job. Honestly, my sister was convinced that Mike was too good to be true. She was wrong, because he was both amazing and very, very real.

Our relationship moved quickly. Both of us were very straight-forward about what we wanted in the relationship. I didn’t want to waste my time “dating” someone for years who wasn’t actually ready to commit. Mike was a bit older than me and ready to settle down. We got engaged and married within 18 months of meeting. And during those 18 months, I cannot tell you the number of times that family and friends, both his and mine, told me how incredibly lucky I was to find a man willing to take on a single mother and her son. I was told over and over how blessed I was that my soon-to-be husband really cared for my son, and wanted to be involved in his life.

I don’t want to sound ungrateful. I am blessed to have an amazing husband. But I cannot imagine ever choosing to be with someone who wouldn’t look at “my son” as “our son” after we were married. I cannot imagine going on more than a single date with someone if I found out they weren’t excited about the “package deal” of dating a single mom. If you aren’t ready to be a parent, you shouldn’t get involved with someone who has a child.

Why is it that I need to feel grateful to a man for being a decent human being? For caring about a child that isn’t his biological son? What type of person wouldn’t watch this beautiful little boy grow up before their eyes and feel some love and affection? That’s not luck, it’s basic human instinct. Of course we love and protect the innocent.

I thought that after our wedding, the parade of people telling me that I was lucky to have found such a brave man would end. I thought everyone would except that we were family now. Or maybe, they would acknowledge that my husband was lucky to find people who love him as well.

Instead, after five years, it’s never stopped. Every time my husband does something special with my son, I get reminded by someone how grateful I should be that my husband cares. I hear every holiday how blessed I am that my husband and my son get along, that they love each other. Excuse me for assuming that my son and I are both deserving of that love. Excuse me for thinking that maybe we brought something to the table too.

I love my husband. And he never expects gratitude or a pat on the back for being a father. He doesn’t understand people who would behave any differently. It’s one of the many reasons why my husband can often seem to be too good to be true. Honestly, the guy is saint-like. But I really resent the assumption from others that my son and I should feel lucky, like we should have expected something less. We might not have been everyone’s ideal of a perfect family, but my son and I have always been an amazing catch. We’ve always been worthy of love and affection without any reservations.

It’s not just my son and me who are blessed. Our whole family is. My husband included.

Female entitlement at its finest

This is interesting. Single mothers now want to serve a shit sandwich and want the guys to feel grateful for it at the end. Single mothers are damaged goods, bottom line.

If people constantly tell her she should be more grateful they can probably sense the bitchiness and bad attitude coming from her and they want to make sure she does not ruin a good thing. Something tells me that the husband is probably beta as fuck and maybe fat, gentle, and nice.

Surprisingly the top comment at the top is this one:

Robert the Wise • 2 years ago
Boys, this is why you never date or marry a single mother. If he'd left her alone she wouldn't have to worry about being "tired of feeling grateful", she'd be working (or living off the government teat).

It sounds like she's trying to convince herself that she needs a divorce along with generous alimony and child support payments. Alpha fucks and beta bucks.

The article is 2 years old. Which RVF member posted this? [Image: lol.gif]

Dating Guide for Mainland China Datasheet
TravelerKai's Martial Arts Datasheet
1 John 4:20 - If anyone says, I love God, and hates (detests, abominates) his brother [in Christ], he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, Whom he has not seen.

Everyone thinks he's too good for her.

"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar, De Bello Gallico, Book III, Ch. 18

[Image: nicolascageconfusedemotions.gif]

[Image: laugh2.gif]

Honestly her entitled attitude is a hilarious thing in itself.

Does she know that in the Dominican Republic, there are plenty of starving mothers struggling to put food on the table for their children, and fathers there frequently omit to give them child alimony or support payments? It's the same case in most of the world, single motherhood rhymes with considerable sexual poverty, financial poverty, and child poverty. No one gives a fuck about them or their progeny, except some dudes willing to fuck an easy target once in a while.

And here they have it so good, far better than anyone of their international peers and yet they still whine. Yes the woman in the article does not deserve a good man, she deserves only drunk dick at 3AM, and nothing more.

Single moms are useless to western societies and economies, worthless to any man of value in every sphere of life. Massive net drain, they do not give value back(kids raised by single mothers fare poorly in their lives, no contest),they do not produce anything of value, they just suck up value from others. We pay them far beyond that they need. Child support and alimony are ridiculous, it's not even going to the child benefit sometimes. The woman was just used to a certain quality of life, so we have to maintain that. Just becuz.

Her poor son, I hope when he reaches a suitable age and can fend for himself that he disowns her.

"Money over bitches, nigga stick to the script." - Jay-Z
They gonna love me for my ambition.

Damn that comic section is brutal, not what I expected from a site called mommyish. Even women are shitting on her.

[Image: clap.gif]

"My husband is saint-like. I don't understand why I should be grateful"

These hoes aint grateful

I do not know the woman who wrote this article.... nor do I like her.

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

I wonder what it would take to make this woman feel grateful for a man's presence in her life.

Quote: (07-28-2014 04:52 PM)polymath Wrote:  

I wonder what it would take to make this woman feel grateful for a man's presence in her life.

Facials, anal, bondage, spanking, and downright animalistic sex.

"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar, De Bello Gallico, Book III, Ch. 18

I've heard some really bad horror stories about dating single mothers. I avoid like the plague.

http://happybachelors.wordpress.com/2010...ngle-moms/

As stated, her attitude reeks of entitlement.

Look at how she describes this guy:

He listened to stories about my son and remembered details about my little boy, asking follow up questions about an activity the next time I saw him. Mike had never been married, didn’t have any children. He owned his own home. He had a good job.

So here is what she likes about him:

1) He listens to her.

2) He owns his own home.

3) He has a good job.

Nothing about any mutual shared interests, or any good personal qualities that he has.

It's just about what he does for her.

She should be grateful, not that he was willing to marry a single mother, but that he was willing to marry a narcissistic cunt.

I'd love to see a picture. My bet is a dumpy semi fattie.

EDIT: And notice how she is quick to note that he had never been married and didn't have any children. She liked that he didn't bring any baggage, but how dare anyone say she should be grateful that he accepted hers.

Quote: (07-28-2014 05:23 PM)Trim Wrote:  

I've heard some really bad horror stories about dating single mothers. I avoid like the plague.

http://happybachelors.wordpress.com/2010...ngle-moms/

Great read, I already knew single mothers were toxic but I didn't know they were as toxic as Chernobyl.

The reality for example in the UK:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...ority.html

[Image: attachment.jpg20293]   

And 48 per cent of single mothers in Britain are unemployed, the highest rate in the OECD apart from Turkey.

My take on it:
- she has a crappy attitude and everyone knows that she has a good man she hardly deserves
- she still yearns for the hard embrace of the Alpha and secretly resents her husband for not being Alpha enough (might end in divorce later)
- she is deluded enough to not see her single-motherhood-status as something highly unwelcome for a man
- also we should realize that she still has no second child by her new husband = Alpha Fucks, Beta Bucks in real life

The worst thing I saw was a marriage of a 26 year old with a 32 year old unattractive and fat woman who had a 13 year old son. I was at the wedding and could not believe my eyes as I saw that her severely overweight kid was almost as tall as the groom! He probably weighed more than him and would be taller than his step-daddy in 2 years. But at least the woman had enough sense to give him a child soon after - she knew that she got a good deal and had to do something to keep the guy around. Still -shocking story from Red Pill perspective.

Most single mothers are completely unaware of the preemptive cuckoldry they are doing. In times past women knew that being a single mother was a complete disaster.

I recently explained to a 35 year old single mother the real implications of her status for a good man. She got the kid by an Alpha and was a clear Alpha Widow. That is why she did not settle with a Beta by now. But at least she accepted her situation and intends to find a 45-55 year old Alpha - she would be even cool with him having affairs from time to time as long as he would be discrete and really wants to be with her. And she is a fun person to be around, cooks well and is very fit for her age. That is what I expect from single mothers - not the shitty attitude and delusional expectations.

CRR has got it, here is my take:

1. She misses her victim status and being the center of attention. Instead of people going "oh you are so strong doing this all by herself" and stroking her ego by making her feel like notre dame rudy she now gets reminded that her new husband is the star and has saved her...it sort of implies that her life was going to be shit if this guy hadn't swept her up

2. She misses those gina alpha tingles. If she were really happy with a provider in the first place I doubt she would have left her first husband.

This shit is hilarious.

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing? Psalm 2:1 KJV

Every time anyone shows signs of involving himself with a single mother, we need to do God's good work and forward them this article post-haste, that he might be redeemed.

This is really a classic, staple article that bares the feminine nature like few other pieces of writing. There's no subtlety, no hidden meaning - a thirteen year-old boy can read it, and know. And this isn't even written by a man, but came straight from the source.

Cultivating a sense of gratitude for those around you is one of the keys to happiness. Even if you don't like someone finding a reason to be grateful for who they are will make you feel better about things. Not exactly a new concept, it's in the bible and the buddhists are all about it.

I'm grateful that this bitch has confirmed for me what miserable cunts ungrateful people are.

I smell a divorce-rape waiting to happen.

Deus vult!

Seems like the husband isn't her type of man and she married the first guy to come along.

Im sure all the single dads who pay child support are delighted to learn that they are now actually a "catch" because of their liabilities.

Men who give single mothers another chance deserve nothing but pain.

Every women must know that by becoming a single mother a woman becomes a public woman. Every woman must dread that above all else.

Quote: (07-29-2014 02:43 AM)Mage Wrote:  

Every women must know that by becoming a single mother a woman becomes a public woman. Every woman must dread that above all else.

I disagree, there are times when a women should leave a man.

Quote: (07-29-2014 02:48 AM)L M McCoy Wrote:  

Quote: (07-29-2014 02:43 AM)Mage Wrote:  

I disagree, there are times when a women should leave a man.

She made her choice for this man among many other men. If she made the wrong choice there is still no reason to assume that another and better man should pay for her mistakes.