rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Sexual harassment at Comic-Con in the spotlight

[Image: attachment.jpg20285]   

http://news.yahoo.com/sexual-harassment-...49334.html

SAN DIEGO (AP) — Amid the costumes and fantasy of this weekend's Comic-Con convention, a group of young women drew widespread attention to a very real issue — allegations of sexual harassment at the annual comic book convention.

Conventioneers told Geeks for CONsent they'd been groped, followed and unwillingly photographed during the four-day festival.

Meanwhile, what Geeks for CONsent and others regarded as blatant objectification continued at this year's convention. Scantily clad women were still used as decoration for some presentations, and costumed women were described as "vaguely slutty" by panel moderator Craig Ferguson. When Dwayne Johnson made a surprise appearance to promote "Hercules," 10 women in belly-baring outfits stood silently in front of the stage for no apparent reason.

Groping, cat-calling and other forms of sexual harassment are a larger social issue, not just a Comic-Con problem. And many comics and movies still portray women as damsels in distress. But Geeks for CONsent says things are amplified at the pop-culture convention where fantasy and character costumes play such a large role.

"It's a separate, more specific issue within the convention space," said Rochelle Keyhan, 29, director of Geeks for CONsent. "It's very much connected (to the larger problem) and it's the same phenomena, but manifesting a little more sexually vulgar in the comic space."

"Comic-Con has an explicit Code of Conduct that addresses harassing and offensive behavior," said Comic-Con International in a statement on Sunday to The Associated Press. "This Code of Conduct is made available online as well as on page two of the Events Guide that is given to each attendee."

Earlier, Comic-Con spokesman David Glanzer told the Los Angeles Times that "anyone being made to feel uncomfortable at our show is obviously a concern for us." He said additional security was in place this year, including an increased presence by San Diego Police.

Keyhan's focus on Comic-Con began with a movement launched in her hometown called HollabackPhilly, to help end public harassment against women and members of the LGBT community. She and her colleagues developed a comic book on the subject in hopes of engaging middle- and high-school students, which is what brought them to Comic-Con.

Costuming, or cosplay, is a big part of the popular convention, with male and female fans dressing as their favorite characters, regardless of gender. A man might wear a Wonder Woman outfit, and a woman could dress as Wolverine. Keyhan and her colleagues — all in costume — carried signs and passed out temporary tattoos during the convention that read, "Cosplay does not equal consent."

In addition to Comic-Con's Code of Conduct, Geeks for CONsent wants the 45-year-old convention to adopt a clearly stated policy and says staff members should to be trained to handle sexual harassment complaints.

"It makes it feel safer for the person being harassed to report it and also for bystanders who witness (inappropriate behavior)," Keyhan said.

Toni Darling, a 24-year-old model who was dressed as Wonder Woman on Saturday, said the issue goes way beyond Comic-Con.

"I don't think it has anything to do with cosplay or anything to do with costumes," she said. "People who are the kind of people who are going to take a photo of you when you're not looking from behind are going to do that regardless, whether you're in costume or not."

Still, she'd like to see an advisory in the Comic-Con program against surreptitious photography, and a clearer statement from Geeks for CONsent. She found some fans were afraid to take photos, even when she was posing at a booth on the showroom floor.

"The kind of behavior that needs to be modified," she said, "is somebody taking a photo of you bent over while you're signing a print."

"I'm in a convention full of nerds dressed in next to nothing. How dare you take a picture of me if you're not hot!"

"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar, De Bello Gallico, Book III, Ch. 18

Yawn. Typical victimizing shit. Granted if people are being groped unwanted that is assault, but if you're dressed up in a slutty costume for a convention people are going to take pictures and gawk at you especially at a convention full of a demographic known for not having a lot of contact with attractive women. People just want to make problems out of nothing.

I wonder how many nerdy fat broads at the convention oogled and took pics of Dwayne Johnson - did he give permission to be looked at and be filmed/photographed? Was he sexually harassed? Get the fuck outta here.

This just in: Photography at a convention where everyone is taking pictures requires consent.

Out of touch nutjobs, all of them. Grow up. Last time I checked, you don't have exclusive ownership and rights to photons that happen to bounce off your ass.

Most importantly, WNB any of the lumpy swamp creatures in the OP.

It's real simple, girls: don't advertise what you don't want.

Quote: (07-28-2014 04:08 PM)Texas_Tryhard Wrote:  

This just in: Photography at a convention where everyone is taking pictures requires consent.

Out of touch nutjobs, all of them. Grow up. Last time I checked, you don't have exclusive ownership and rights to photons that happen to bounce off your ass.

Most importantly, WNB any of the lumpy swamp creatures in the OP.

[Image: cartoons-comics-adventure-time-at-lumpy-...p_200s.gif]

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing? Psalm 2:1 KJV

They in an assembly where guys for the most part are afraid of women. I'm sure approaching and overt physical escalation is a problem ....

Look at the 'women and LGBT community' bit. It's nothing more than a progressive tub thumping exercise to indoctrinate the proles with the program

Dupe:

This topic has been discussed here: http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-36722.html

I'm the King of Beijing!

This thread needs better pictures.

[Image: 1455884_10151785132806130_1678292939_n.jpg]

[Image: bellechere.jpg?w=900]

[Image: NaomiBlackWidow4.jpg5-s.jpg]

[Image: attachment.jpg20296]   

What are the odds that those chicks ever complain about guys taking pictures or cat calling?

As for any groping, if it did actually occur, yeah it's not cool for your average neckbeard to grab a handful of ass or tit, but it's kind of an occupational hazard. If I was dangling sardines in a tank of starving piranhas I wouldn't be too surprised if I got bit. Just kick the grabby nerd in the nuts and move on.

Meh. You want harassment? Deploy the Jehovah's Witnesses to these conventions and have them target every scantily clad female available.

Or....

Have a bunch of redpillers show up in matrix style trench coats and dispense some knowledge.

[Image: attachment.jpg20299]   

"Keyhan's focus on Comic-Con began with a movement launched in her hometown called HollabackPhilly, to help end public harassment against women and members of the LGBT community."

Surprise Surprise, she wasn't even a nerd, she's a parasitic women's studies worm that manages to slither her way into the Comic Con culture after spotting an opportunity.

Fuck her (not literally, WNB)
[Image: philly-2.jpg]

[Image: 485994249_Evil_queen_as_old_lady_xlarge.jpeg]

A different convention, but more proof that bad game is worse than actually assaulting women:
http://www.metafilter.com/141422/If-you-...rebuild-it
Quote:Quote:

Last year at WisCon 37, I told a Safety staffer that I had been treated by another attendee in a way that made me uncomfortable and that I believed to be sexual harassment.

I have looked repeatedly and cannot find anything at all that describes the 'harassment'. The guy is definitely guilty of having bad taste though.
[Image: barf.gif]

I dug around and found 'evidence' of previous 'harassment'. You can google her yourself, but she looks similarly horrific.

The attention to my writing was flattering. Frenkel was focused (really not his style), leaning in.

Then he asked me to tell him about my relationship to my friend. It wasn’t one of those, “So, how did the two of you meet?” moments or “How long have you known each other?” It was a matter of leaning further in and lowering his voice, focusing even more. The words were heavy.

Jim Frenkel was asking me to confide in him about my (intuited into existence) sex life. After suggesting he would be interested in my writing. While I was standing next to the friend whose career prospects were in his hands.

Someone else in the comments reports similar behaviour:

It went exactly that way: Joan’s accident. Her difficult recovery. (Sympathy.) What was I working on? Do I write novels? (Flattery.) Where did I meet my then-new-boyfriend? Did I plan to marry him (we had just started dating)? (Weird, personal.) He followed me (alone) to the bar and offered to look at the next book I wrote. I told him my boyfriend was likely wondering where I was and needed to go. He paid for my drink.

I didn’t feel harassed, per se, but it did strike me as very strange and imposing behavior. The questions about my relationship were very personal. He would ask questions, and then his acknowledgement of my answer was always a little sarcastic, a little sneering. Particularly the one when I said I needed to go.

He was friendly when I saw him again at the end of the convention, when I joined him and John for a breakfast meeting to discuss the book they were working on together. I didn’t think much of it after that, but I can’t say I was surprised when the reports started circulating later that year.
[Image: wtf.jpg]

Important life advice for all men: Avoid talking to ugly women.

"I'd hate myself if I had that kind of attitude, if I were that weak." - Arnold

Not even sexless omegas can have an all male space where they can comfortably be men albeit goofy men.

This will further marginalized the already marginalized.

Has anyone successfully gamed girls at a con before? I feel a guy like Zyzz with dressed as some ripped anime guy would kill it there.

"Everyone look at me, look at me. Look at my costume and my exposed flesh, look at me!!!"

Someone looks at her.

"How dare you look at me!! I feel sooo unnncommmfortable!!! This is akin to rape!! Don't look at me!!!"

Take care of those titties for me.

It's part of the SJW colonisation of geekdom.

The same thing is happening in videogames. You're not supposed to enjoy them as a masculine pastime any more. Anita Sarkeesian and an army of white knight videogame journalists are crying about too many "dudebro" gamers and not enough games aimed at paraplegic lesbians of colour.

[Image: 487544-duke-nukem-3d-playstation-screens...in-all.jpg]

Between this and that dumpy chick who was handing out cards to guys who 'harass' her, and tons of other evidence, it all boils down to a simple premise.

Feminism has taught these women that they are all beautiful and perfect no matter what. In addition, men should like them for the qualities that they choose, and only men that they approve of may speak to them, even if it is for asking for directions or just making small talk while waiting in line. Instead of dealing with reality, it is reality that must be wrong and thus must be changed.

Bottom line is these unattractive, annoying women are so bitter that men they desire want nothing to do with them. Instead of self improvement, it is men who must change. Like the woman handing out cards, it wasn't that men were harassing her, it was that they were men who they consider beneath them, often a poor minority.

I mean, we've all had women we find unattractive make small talk with us. Either we simply ignore them, or engage in the small talk and move along, and that is the end of it. There is obviously no need to make a social victimization movement out of it. Furthermore, it completely trivializes actual harassment (groping) and rape by attempting to link to it.

To put it more succinctly, despite feminism's promise, no one desirable is trying to fuck these chicks even when they dress like whores at Comic Con, and they are fucking angry about it.

Quote: (07-29-2014 12:54 AM)Emancipator Wrote:  

[Image: philly-2.jpg]

She could smell China with that nose.

[Image: Screen-shot-2011-04-29-at-10.36.21-AM.png]

Team visible roots
"The Carousel Stops For No Man" - Tuthmosis
Quote: (02-11-2019 05:10 PM)Atlanta Man Wrote:  
I take pussy how it comes -but I do now prefer it shaved low at least-you cannot eat what you cannot see.

Read my work on Return of Kings here.

Quote: (07-28-2014 11:15 AM)JayMillz Wrote:  

[Image: attachment.jpg20285]

Anyone notice Jedi Joker, Khaleesi Thor, and Revolutionary War Deadpool?
WprobablyB Khaleesi Thor if she's as thin as her arm suggests... god they all need tans though.

Sunscreen sales had to skyrocket there.
I imagine deodorant sales were unaffected.

Quote: (07-29-2014 10:02 AM)frenchie Wrote:  

Not even sexless omegas can have an all male space where they can comfortably be men albeit goofy men.

This will further marginalized the already marginalized.

Has anyone successfully gamed girls at a con before? I feel a guy like Zyzz with dressed as some ripped anime guy would kill it there.

Yes, it's super easy.

The girls are not at all used to aloof, confident/forward men. Because of this, you have absolutely no meaningful competition. These women are all starving for attention but don't even know how to express it. A lot of cons actually devolve into strange after-party orgies or group make-outs for awkward people. The downside to how easymode cons are is a much higher ratio of ugly girls. The upside is you could use the con specifically to practice.