rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Colombia Moda 2014

Colombia Moda 2014

Colombia Moda is essentially fashion week it Medellin. It lasts for 3 days and is comprised of runways shows, vendors selling their items, events and parties. Most of the action during the day takes place at Plaza Mayor, which is a short taxi ride from Poblado. There are other events at hotels but during the day, Plaza Mayor is the place to be.

The entrance fee for 3 days is roughly 50 bucks, although you can probably find a cheaper price if you look online. I paid at the door. Today was the first official day. My first time at Colombia Moda was in 2012 and I was amazed by the talent. Daygame at Moda, malls and pipelining set me up very well in 2012.

I actually think the talent I saw today trumps my previous experience. I have never seen more hot girls concentrated in one area. Also, you can take a stab at approaching a runway models. You see them walking around the exhibition. They are sometimes accompanied by gay orbiters or a female manager. However, some walk around unaccompanied. I took a stab at 3 and was let down politely after nice conversations. However, it felt great to put my best game forward with that kind of talent, even with my mediocre Spanish.

Most of the people who attend are women (more than 80%). As mentioned, some legit/runway models, the other “models” are hot girls that companies and stores hire to sell products. The rest are comprised of fashion students, general university students, women working in fashion industry, girls curious about the event and gay guys. I had a blast today day gaming. I got some solid numbers and a good instant date. I didn’t see anyone else approach. In fact, I haven’t seen any Colombian guys approach during the day-just as a side note.

For daygame, I actually prefer Colombia Moda to the parties in Feria de las Flores. The concentration of hot girls is higher and it is less chaotic than some of the Flores parties. Also, there is a higher concentration of girls attending Moda solo, although many are with friends. The day usually extends into parties at night in various places.

There are a few bars and restaurants in the actual event and also outside which are perfect for an instant date. Also, the talent directly outside the entrance and by the restaurants outside the entrance is great as well. You can actually never step foot inside the event and still have a great go at day game along the perimeter.

Send me a message if you are in Medellin and are up for some day game. I will be here until the end of August.

Colombia Moda 2014

It's only eye candy. You aren't going to have much luck in that venue. You may, but you'd be better off gaming in lleras in the day time.

Colombia Moda 2014

Do get back with your results. As a Colombian, most Colombian guys got this pride bullshit that keeps them from approaching and they only run social circle game.

Life is good

Colombia Moda 2014

It was great hanging out with you today Dantes. Have a good trip and I'll see you when you get back.

Colombia Moda 2014

Quote: (07-23-2014 08:42 PM)Gringuito Wrote:  

It was great hanging out with you today Dantes. Have a good trip and I'll see you when you get back.

Likewise, thanks for all the insights. See you when I get back from Bogota

Colombia Moda 2014

Dantes did you check out Moda Para El Mundo? The women are probably easier there, well according to this video at the 6:38 mark, may be worth going to.

Colombia Moda 2014

Quote: (07-23-2014 10:52 PM)scotian Wrote:  

Dantes did you check out Moda Para El Mundo? The women are probably easier there, well according to this video at the 6:38 mark, may be worth going to.

Scotian, nice find. I am going to look into it.

Colombia Moda 2014

Quote: (07-23-2014 10:52 PM)scotian Wrote:  

I'm pretty sure we walked through that pavillion yesterday. I'll give a quick rundown for those thinking of attending. Dantes showed up before me and I got there around 4pm with a girlfriend. It was pretty packed with people at that time. The standard booth babes were working and walking around. It was a mix of the thinner US/European models and the curvy operated-on Colombian models.

There was also a good number of foreign girls attending. I would think they would be the easiest targets. The problem is wanting to hit on them after walking around beautiful models. We adjust to our surroundings. The models themselves have pretty high bitch shields up but are always friendly. You can get numbers but converting that into a date is tough.

A cousin of my girl was working the event and she wanted to go drinking when she got off work. Dantes was working on a date with a girl he met the day before so we blew off that invite and left. Social circle game is everything here. It will be easier to just go out in a group with some models drinking instead of trying to pick them up while they work.

Today are the invite only shows and after-party. I'll do a quick writeup tomorrow on how it goes.

Colombia Moda 2014

Connections are gold. Befriend the staff, befriend the boss, befriend everybody on the chain. They pay the girl's salary, they have all the power.

Colombia Moda 2014

Quick follow up (I'm hurting). I went to the fashion shows then the after-parties. The fashion shows were disorganized. You waited in one line and then they had you walk through the regular crowd to another line to enter. The first line didn't really have any purpose. The shows themselves were tons of waiting and 15 minutes of models doing their work. This really didn't interest me much.

I went to the Ciroc after-party that was in same location as Moda. This was great. Free vodka drinks and food all night. The models from the shows were there. The energy was more laid back with not too many people dancing. It was mostly an industry party so there was more connection making and business being done. Around 12/1am most of us left for 5 in Rio Sur to continue the party. This was much more fun. Most of the same people from Ciroc came here and started partying for real. Things start to get blurry but I had a great time.

As Volk said connections are king here as they are everywhere.

Colombia Moda 2014

I went to a fashion show in a Bogota mall once with a girl I was dating. You might check these out as well.

Fashion students basically pay "models" a fee to do the runway walk for them. These are university students paying these fees, so I don't know how much they could be, ie, how successful these "models" really are. Obviously there are tons of cute chicks in Colombia who wish to be models, and getting paid like $50-100 for a day's work is great there. But just being a "runway model" at some fashion show doesn't necessarily mean you're not just any other girl living at home.

Colombia Moda 2014

Quick recap:

I went to Colombia Moda each of the three days. As already mentioned, connections and social status trumps everything else. My main focus was on approaching normal Girls (not models) attending. There were plenty of 7s and 8s running around. I found the best place to meet them was directly outside the entrance. There was a higher chance that they would be alone perhaps waiting to joining their friends. I collected several numbers from the 3 days. The overall quality of the solid numbers was in the ballpark of the quality I meet from daygame in the malls, perhaps slightly higher.

Numbers are easy to collect, converting to dates and dealing with flakes is a different story. I had one instant day the first day and a second on the second day. There was less talent on the last day and I ended up running into an amiga and spent the rest of the day with her.

When I had the opportunity, I gave a crack at some of the models through cold approach. Without any social proof this proved to be difficult. I was able to get 2 numbers from runway models, but they aren't going anywhere. However, I had fun in the process of approaching some of the hottest girls I have seen and I gave it my best effort.

A side note, I met 2 girls from Pereira. They were both hot and very sweet. I am thinking of taking a side trip to check it out. My Colombian friend says the girls are just about on-par with Paisas.

I am in Bogota for the weekend then back to Medellin.

Finally, good time hanging out with Gringuito, cool guy.

Colombia Moda 2014

I'm trying something different in my daytime approaches in Medellin. It is established that solo targets are optimal. However at times it is difficult to find a girl who is solo. A lot of girls are with family, friends or boyfriend. I approached two girls today who were with family. Both early 20s, one was 7, the other 7.5.

I went indirect on both. The 7 was with her father after a few minutos of conversation the father left for the bank. The girl and I had coffee alone. When the father returned I said

I needed to go. I took her number in front of her father. The whole interaction seemed very comfortable as my initial approach was indirec
The 7.5 was with her mother and son. I also went indirect. It turns out she is married. After 10 minutes of conversation with her and the mother, her mother suggested we exchange numbers so she can practice her English.

These two approaches were encouraging enough that I'm going to try more of them.

Colombia Moda 2014

What was your opener? Did you ask them where the pet store was?

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

Colombia Moda 2014

I asked them if there is a bookstore in the mall. This led to a natural conversation

Colombia Moda 2014

I am currently living in Medellin (studying).. so if you´re still here write me a PM and we might hang out someday ?