rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

"You are not allowed to love" - Feminist Mom Shocked That Her Son Is Into Women

This woman should be brought to court for [psychological] child abuse. One more sign, that the Anglo-American brand of feminism is nothing more than frigid, anti-pleasure Puritanism minus the religious overtones.

http://kmosullivan.com/raising-sons-rape-culture-world/

Quote:Quote:

The words “Mom, I like LIKE this person at school,” stops me in my tracks.

No. Not yet. It’s too soon. Hold on to childhood a little bit longer, my sweet son. I don’t want to destroy your youthful idealism yet.

Sons, yes, love is wonderful BUT you are not allowed to love. Not wholly. Not without restraint. You must check your feelings at the door because every action you make as a male will be held against you. You are guilty until proven innocent, and are always on probation. It’s not your fault. Your purest intentions, your deepest respect for others, will simply not be enough.

[...]

We’ve tried our best to prepare you. We’ve raised you to believe in the ideas of equality and fairness but this world we are giving you is broken and chaotic. In all these years this country still doesn’t grasp the concept of real equality. We debate human rights like we get to choose who has them. We confuse our youth by empowering them to embrace their sexuality and then we shame them for it. We reward violence. We fail to protect our most vulnerable. And you, my son, have to survive in that world knowing the truth. We do not have the luxury of waiting for you to learn about life one day, one experience at a time. There is no Santa Claus. You can never touch a rainbow. Wishes don’t come true. You are male. You have to pay for the sins of those who came before. You may not be the enemy but you look like him and so you will be treated like him until things change.

Quote: (07-19-2014 07:49 AM)Flint Wrote:  

This woman should be brought to court for [psychological] child abuse.

http://kmosullivan.com/raising-sons-rape-culture-world/

The words “Mom, I like LIKE this person at school,” stops me in my tracks.

No. Not yet. It’s too soon. Hold on to childhood a little bit longer, my sweet son. I don’t want to destroy your youthful idealism yet.

Sons, yes, love is wonderful BUT you are not allowed to love. Not wholly. Not without restraint. You must check your feelings at the door because every action you make as a male will be held against you. You are guilty until proven innocent, and are always on probation. It’s not your fault. Your purest intentions, your deepest respect for others, will simply not be enough.

[...]

We’ve tried our best to prepare you. We’ve raised you to believe in the ideas of equality and fairness but this world we are giving you is broken and chaotic. In all these years this country still doesn’t grasp the concept of real equality. We debate human rights like we get to choose who has them. We confuse our youth by empowering them to embrace their sexuality and then we shame them for it. We reward violence. We fail to protect our most vulnerable. And you, my son, have to survive in that world knowing the truth. We do not have the luxury of waiting for you to learn about life one day, one experience at a time. There is no Santa Claus. You can never touch a rainbow. Wishes don’t come true. You are male. You have to pay for the sins of those who came before. You may not be the enemy but you look like him and so you will be treated like him until things change.

that shit will change once he gets falsely accused of rape

[Image: rVlkV.gif]

She best be careful, lest she gets an adult son that loathes every fiber of her being and spends zero time talking with her.

The boy is in a ripe position for being slapped down so hard. He'll eventually seek us out or be a distraught mix of guilt and wimpiness.

And his father just puts up with the mother's psychotic brainwashing?

[Image: tumblr_l4g229mzMC1qawn3e.png]

I recently watched 12 Years a Slave and I think that one slaveholder's wife in the movie has exactly the same personality structure as this blogger.

Telling the slaves (aka her sons) that she only wants their best and that final salvation will come while actually exerting a system of cruelty and oppression and imposing guilt on her inferiors.

"You are male. You have to pay for the sins of those who came before. You may not be the enemy but you look like him and so you will be treated like him until things change."

Substitute male with black or Jew and you have the blueprint for totalitarian ideology, dictatorship and racist hierarchy.

What an evil witch. Good thing is, she has three sons. There is a chance that their male bonding will in the end prevail over this tyranny.

This is just one of the many examples of Cultural Marxism.

Follow me on Twitter

Read my Blog: Fanghorn Forest

Many women have a hard time sympathizing with men collectively. Women rarely try to put themselves in the shoes of men until some particular issue impacts their sons, then and only then will they actually try to understand things from a male perspective.

I saw this piece as cognitive dissonance. I think largely what happened was that she was unaware in the gaping contradictions in her philosophy and the unfair demands it placed on modern men until her sons started asking her questions about what she was teaching them.

What I found sad about this is that her sons trust her enough to come to her when they like a girl, because they really think she is going to point them in the right direction. I'll bet she doubles down on feminism and doesn't give her sons any true insight or anything resembling good advice.

[Image: ec07263ae6bb165527975eaab0d00421?s=200]

Yeah, I think we all knew this was coming.

Read my Latest at Return of Kings: 11 Lessons in Leadership from Julius Caesar
My Blog | Twitter

She's clearly intelligent yet delusional and narcissistic. This is why you should only breed with young, dumb pretty women. They're impressionable and more apt to follow a man's lead and fall into a traditional gender role.

After about age 7 or so a mother should back off and let a father continue his upbringing and steer him in the right direction. He needs to be told from a male what women are and they're purpose in the family structure and society as a whole.

And as I've said before a woman can never teach a boy how to be a man. Only a man can do that. Same goes for gay or lesbian couples. That's why I'm also against gay adoption. Once children start to develop their sexuality they need a proper guide.

Team Nachos

[Image: FgNqxWf.jpg?1]

This sounds almost exactly like what the old Catholics used to tell their sons.

The difference is, they've replaced "lust is a sin" with "don't objectify women." But the message is the same.

And...in much the same way Catholic mothers left their sons vulnerable to molestation by priests by saying their natural feelings toward girls were "dirty," mothers like these risk making their songs sexually dysfunctional by telling them the "sexualization" of women is wrong.

This is not the message of sexual equality feminists were preaching in the 1970s. This is miles away from anything Erica Jong wrote. In fact, Jong's writing went squarely against this, signaling to both men and women that it was time to transcend the sexual oppression of the religion they grew up with.

The comments over there are open, and I'm surprised no one from this board has left any opinions.

Do we still have all those links showing that sexual assault has plummeted since the 1990s and "rape culture" is an invention of academics who need to justify their jobs? Here is one:
http://www.slate.com/articles/arts/every..._rape.html

Quote: (07-19-2014 10:32 AM)Days of Broken Arrows Wrote:  

This sounds almost exactly like what the old Catholics used to tell their sons.

The difference is, they've replaced "lust is a sin" with "don't objectify women." But the message is the same.

Yes. The attitude feminism has towards sex is similar to fundamentalist Christianity, but applied only to one gender.

That kid is going to rebel at some point and become a true misogynist. How could he not with a mother like that?

Read my work on Return of Kings here.

I expect him to be a RVF member in the future.

Damn. Imagine growing up with this monster for a mother and some fool who abets and encourages her for a father.

[Image: fuckthat.gif]

Tough to come back from that.

I should give thanks every day for my sweet childhood and my family.

Guys who have made it despite coming up from bad parents and bad childhoods have my respect. It must be very tough at times.

same old shit, sixes and sevens Shaft...

Except for J Doe, did any of you actually read the article? It's about how she's scared for her sons because the idea of a rape culture means their actions will be prejudged as nonconsensual, even where the concept of nonconsent is ambiguous and impossible to teach.

This is as MRA as it gets; if anything, it's a prime example of a a woman realizing her chickens have come home to roost. It's the same eyeopener as the article by the lawyer mother with the son falsely accused of rape on campus a few months back.

Also, your title is as misleading as they come.

Quote: (07-19-2014 12:46 PM)lurker Wrote:  

Except for J Doe, did any of you actually read the article? It's about how she's scared for her sons because the idea of a rape culture means their actions will be prejudged as nonconsensual, even where the concept of nonconsent is ambiguous and impossible to teach.

This is as MRA as it gets; if anything, it's a prime example of a a woman realizing her chickens have come home to roost. It's the same eyeopener as the article by the lawyer mother with the son falsely accused of rape on campus a few months back.

Her essay is unfocused and poorly-written. But I think you misread it.

She's saying we live in a rape culture world -- and if she's buying that crap, she's definitely not MRA. We've done posts on here talking about how sex crimes are fewer and they made it into an ROK article (if anyone has them, please post them here).

Here is part of her opening:

"That was before, before we understood we lived in a rape culture.

A culture of misogynist sexualization and violence against women has reshaped that talk in ways that make me incredibly sad and, at times, overwhelmingly angry because I am a mother to sons—only sons. I am a mother raising the “enemy”."

This is not MRA by any stretch. This is feminist paranoia, male hatred, and fear of men's sexuality.

Yes, it does step into MRA territory when she gets further along: "Sons, yes, love is wonderful BUT you are not allowed to love. Not wholly. Not without restraint. You must check your feelings at the door because every action you make as a male will be held against you. You are guilty until proven innocent, and are always on probation. It’s not your fault. Your purest intentions, your deepest respect for others, will simply not be enough."

But what got her there was the feminist's idea that "all men are rapists" so by the end, she sees her sons as potential victims of women's accusations because so many (anonymous evil) men are part of the alleged "rape culture."

What this woman does not do is make a crucial connection: she doesn't realize that her sons are not all that different than any other mother's sons.

In other words, she doesn't understand that lots of mothers have decent boys, and the anti-male hysteria drummed up on campuses is just that -- hysteria. She's both arrogant and paranoid to think it's only her sons who are the good guys.

If she's reading this, she needs to follow the money and realize that as violent crime plummets, the calls for a police state have heightened because the people whose jobs depend on stoking paranoia (like university feminists) need to justify their jobs and keep the government grants rolling in.

Surprised nobody on our end commented on it yet

U​ of Roosh Class of 2420

Quote: (07-19-2014 01:14 PM)Hans Dix Wrote:  

Surprised nobody on our end commented on it yet

I would, but I don't want to get myself agitated and in a bad mood by getting into an online fight today. Unlike this women or her sons, I have a date and will actually be connecting with another human being of the opposite sex in a positive way. Plus, she'll be paying since it's my birthday -- hahahahaha.

[...]

You are male. You have to pay for the sins of those who came before. You may not be the enemy but you look like him and so you will be treated like him until things change.

Victorian Sensibility again.

This is the Victorian Notion of The Cult Of The Child:

Writer Charles Dodgson AKA 'Lewis Carroll', on children: “Their innocent unconsciousness is very beautiful, and gives one a feeling of reverence, as at the presence of something sacred”.

Children are pure and innocent, but tainted with Original Sin (here, all men are rapists), so require a firm moral instruction by strict caretakers who arrogantly believe they are morally above reproach. Who is more tediously-arrogant than an educated feminist woman in the 105-120 IQ range, her mundane mediocrity meaning she can't imagine levels of intelligence above her?

All the parts highlighted above are her noting his purity, or damning his original sin.

Note the focus on keeping him a child, not wanting him to grow up. Why do Sensibles revere childhood?

From a discussion of the Victorian Cult Of The Child:

Disillusioned” grown-ups, tired of facing the complexities of contemporary life, find relief by turning their attention to children: “[T]here are an ever increasing number of people who receive from the beauty of childhood, in art as in life, an exquisite pleasure.” [poet Ernest] Dowson and other members of the “cult” insisted that contemplating the innocent simplicity of children served as a healthy corrective to the tawdriness and skepticism of modern life.

If you ever meet a woman who wants to write children's books or YA novels, keep moving.

What a cunt.

Quote: (07-19-2014 01:06 PM)Days of Broken Arrows Wrote:  

She's saying we live in a rape culture world -- and if she's buying that crap, she's definitely not MRA. We've done posts on here talking about how sex crimes are fewer and they made it into an ROK article (if anyone has them, please post them here).

A culture of misogynist sexualization and violence against women has reshaped that talk in ways that make me incredibly sad and, at times, overwhelmingly angry because I am a mother to sons—only sons. I am a mother raising the “enemy”."

This is not MRA by any stretch. This is feminist paranoia, male hatred, and fear of men's sexuality.

Yes, it does step into MRA territory when she gets further along: "Sons, yes, love is wonderful BUT you are not allowed to love. Not wholly. Not without restraint. You must check your feelings at the door because every action you make as a male will be held against you. You are guilty until proven innocent, and are always on probation. It’s not your fault. Your purest intentions, your deepest respect for others, will simply not be enough."

But what got her there was the feminist's idea that "all men are rapists" so by the end, she sees her sons as potential victims of women's accusations because so many (anonymous evil) men are part of the alleged "rape culture."

What this woman does not do is make a crucial connection: she doesn't realize that her sons are not all that different than any other mother's sons.

In other words, she doesn't understand that lots of mothers have decent boys, and the anti-male hysteria drummed up on campuses is just that -- hysteria. She's both arrogant and paranoid to think it's only her sons who are the good guys.

If she's reading this, she needs to follow the money and realize that as violent crime plummets, the calls for a police state have heightened because the people whose jobs depend on stoking paranoia (like university feminists) need to justify their jobs and keep the government grants rolling in.
What lurker detected, I believe, was a glimmer of concern for her male children. A faint and brief consideration of the future plight of her sons.

Quote: (07-19-2014 01:06 PM)Days of Broken Arrows Wrote:  

Yeah, pretty much this.

She does have some amount of sympathy for how boys are held accountable for crimes that aren't theirs, but ultimately she excuses this reality as necessary cultural retribution which is a fucking disgraceful attitude.

The sad thing is that we're basically just giving her credit for not outright hating her own children.