rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Prom Ideas

Prom Ideas

Yo,

I was wondering if some of you older guys could give me some good ideas on asking girls to prom. Being straightforward, like "hey, come to prom with me" or whatev doesnt seem like a smart idea, but bringing flowers and that shit is beta as fuck. I was wondering how you all would do it, I'd like to get multiple perspectives (mixx's miami style, kona's hawaiian steeze, g's fly sty, international hustles colorado take, fistos pure alphaness, rooshs urban take, etc.) Thanks in advance

Prom Ideas

First thing do you have a girl in mind and if so whats your current relationship to her?

Prom Ideas

Quote: (03-02-2011 08:45 PM)MHaes Wrote:  

Yo,

I was wondering if some of you older guys could give me some good ideas on asking girls to prom. Being straightforward, like "hey, come to prom with me" or whatev doesnt seem like a smart idea, but bringing flowers and that shit is beta as fuck. I was wondering how you all would do it, I'd like to get multiple perspectives (mixx's miami style, kona's hawaiian steeze, g's fly sty, international hustles colorado take, fistos pure alphaness, rooshs urban take, etc.) Thanks in advance

High school prom?

Prom Ideas

Didn't go to mine. Drank forties by the train tracks instead. Haven't regretted it one iota.

Prom Ideas

Since Gmanifesto didn't reply, I will channel his advice. Go to school wearing a custom suit, smoking cigarettes (with a fancy lighter), and carrying wads of cash. This may be difficult during gym class. [Image: lol.gif]

Prom Ideas

Actually I like Ajicaco's plan of "Drinking forties by the train tracks instead".

Maybe twist up some Zig-Zag smoke as well.

Prom Ideas

Yes, I do have a specific girl (girl #1) in mind; however I have 3 choices (#1-Face-7 Body-9 #2-Face-9 Body-6.5 #3Face-8 Body-6). Our current situation is like...idk. She likes me, I like her, but I haven't had an opportunity to close because of logistics. I've froze her out for a while, just came back in last week and she likes me more now. But I also like the other girls...

Yes this is high school prom.

G, Ajicaco

I don't want to spend prom drinking forties by the tracks, I live in New England and would freeze my ass off, plus I would rather be getting ass. Also, drinking alone < drinking with a bunch of friends after Prom.

Prom Ideas

Honestly if you know she likes you youre in there like swimwear. Just step to her as simple as possible and say. "Would you go to the prom with me?" Sounds real fucking simple and it is. A lot of times on here people want to try to be too cool and use all this game when its not necessary. Youre 17 years old man enjoy your prom and just ask her. The only thing you need to worry about is if youre not sure if shes interested if you know she is a simple ask of the question above and shell say yes, I promise.

Good luck and let me know how it goes.

Prom Ideas

^ Indeed, but I think "We should go to the prom together" after a good conversation would be alot better imho.

Prom Ideas

Well, if you insist on going to this whole shindig, which always seemed like a practice run for some kind of Bridezilla wedding, keeping it simple is probably the best option. I guess I'm kinda curious now, anyone here get laid at their prom by someone that wasn't already their girlfriend, but just their date? There were a whole lot of guys at my school who went to Prom with girls way out of their league and the girls said yes because they wanted to do the whole thing with the limo, the fancy dress, etc. You can bet those guys didn’t get laid.

And who said anything about drinking alone? I was with my friends and some girls drinking by the train tracks, just not spending several hundred dollars and wearing a monkey suit to have the privilege. And G, you know there were some blunts getting passed around too…try that on the dance floor while some Black Eyed Peas song is playing!
Different strokes for different folks I guess.

Prom Ideas

Exactly, who ever mentioned drinking alone? Of course bring some fly girls.

Here is my advice:

I am guessing you are a Senior, since you are going to Prom.

Go find the flyest girl that is a Freshman or Sophomore and ask her out.

Those girls are dying to go to Prom (or at least they did in my day, who knows what kids are up to these days? Video games? Texting? Skinny jeans? Buying into everything corporations are selling? Posting nonsense on Facebook? Fantasy football?)

Once you get her to go, proceed accordingly.

Prom Ideas

Bumping this because I've got mine coming up at the end of this year, and sort of a dilemma on who to ask out for the best chance of some drunken animal sex at the end of the night: [Image: banana.gif]

First, what's the verdict on outsourcing prom dates to girls you meet either abroad/out of town? I've got a few old flames I could txt, but I think I'd have to warm them up (online/via text which I don't wanna do) before asking them to go with me, and logistically it might be hard for them to come in (they already have study abroad plans and go to school far away).

Second: The convention at my school is for seniors to ask out long-term flings, bf/gf, and people in their mixed social circle including college dudes for senior girls or junior girls for Sr guys. For me though, most of my lays come from NYC nightlife/out of town parties and my social circle here is a small but tight-knit crew that go hunting for ass together. So, it looks like if I ask a Sr or Jr from my school out of the blue, chances are she's gonna be weighing her options, making herself harder to bang if she says yes.

Third: I could ask some random broad I meet at a party if I frame it like "All the girls I know are so shallow and [insert insult girls love to give each other], especially this one broad I thought I was gonna ask before she (xyz). You should come instead."

My instinct is to not give a fuck and ask the hottest/sluttiest/prom-obsessed sophomore to go, since underclassman normally don't get asked out as much as Jr and Sr, but does anyone have any specific advice to get some at prom? I wonder if "Yo, wanna go to prom" is an effective opener [Image: smile.gif] ?

Prom Ideas

Logistics man logistics. Do some recon work before you choose a girl. Find one who's parents are cool with her being out all night after the prom. Have somewhere to go like a hotel all booked and paid for. Prom is all about the after party!! I was so pimp my senior year that my date asked me. She paid for our prom bids. Her best friend's mom paid for our limo and hotel. We had 6 to our room. We drank. We smoked. We fucked. Cost me $0 not counting the cost of my tux rental. Good times. Good times. Very smart of you to do your homework and start a thread on the subject.

Team Nachos

Prom Ideas

Quote: (01-24-2012 12:34 AM)YoungGunner Wrote:  

Bumping this because I've got mine coming up at the end of this year, and sort of a dilemma on who to ask out for the best chance of some drunken animal sex at the end of the night: [Image: banana.gif]

First, what's the verdict on outsourcing prom dates to girls you meet either abroad/out of town? I've got a few old flames I could txt, but I think I'd have to warm them up (online/via text which I don't wanna do) before asking them to go with me, and logistically it might be hard for them to come in (they already have study abroad plans and go to school far away).

Second: The convention at my school is for seniors to ask out long-term flings, bf/gf, and people in their mixed social circle including college dudes for senior girls or junior girls for Sr guys. For me though, most of my lays come from NYC nightlife/out of town parties and my social circle here is a small but tight-knit crew that go hunting for ass together. So, it looks like if I ask a Sr or Jr from my school out of the blue, chances are she's gonna be weighing her options, making herself harder to bang if she says yes.

Third: I could ask some random broad I meet at a party if I frame it like "All the girls I know are so shallow and [insert insult girls love to give each other], especially this one broad I thought I was gonna ask before she (xyz). You should come instead."

My instinct is to not give a fuck and ask the hottest/sluttiest/prom-obsessed sophomore to go, since underclassman normally don't get asked out as much as Jr and Sr, but does anyone have any specific advice to get some at prom? I wonder if "Yo, wanna go to prom" is an effective opener [Image: smile.gif] ?

Young gun-

Read my post above.

"Go find the flyest girl that is a Freshman or Sophomore and ask her out."

Get your logistics tight ie, have a place to swoop on lock down.

Prom Ideas

Quote: (01-24-2012 12:51 AM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

Young gun-

Read my post above.

This! Fuck goin with a Senior, grab up some Freshmen ass since they will be illegal for you here very quickly. Then once they all turn 18 make the rounds again if you are still in town.

Prom Ideas

Parlay-Holy shit I almost forgot about the parents, thanks! I'm guessing then that older chicks and girls visiting from far away will have more lax parents when it comes to after prom since they're expecting them to stay out late definitely something to keep in mind.

G-Yeah I read that piece of wisdom and put it at the bottom of my post but for got to attribute it to you. Anyway definitely a solid strategy, thanks.

RioNomad-I'm 18 so I gotta check the laws in NY but it looks like age of consent is 17, still looking for age gap exceptions.

Prom Ideas

Quote: (01-24-2012 01:14 AM)YoungGunner Wrote:  

Parlay-Holy shit I almost forgot about the parents, thanks! I'm guessing then that older chicks and girls visiting from far away will have more lax parents when it comes to after prom since they're expecting them to stay out late definitely something to keep in mind.

G-Yeah I read that piece of wisdom and put it at the bottom of my post but for got to attribute it to you. Anyway definitely a solid strategy, thanks.

RioNomad-I'm 18 so I gotta check the laws in NY but it looks like age of consent is 17, still looking for age gap exceptions.

I was lucky, I was still 17 when I graduated. I do know some states have age gap laws. Pretty fuckin stupid to put a shit ton of 14-18 year olds in school together, and expect them not to fuck. It's like setting your steak dinner on the floor by your dog and then going to the bathroom. Shit's gonna get eaten, and it aint your dogs fault.

Prom Ideas

RioNomad-Ok so I checked and it looks like there's a 4 year age gap for girls 14 and above, that gives me a lot more options

Prom Ideas

Damn, I never saw this one...has prom come and gone or what?

Prom Ideas

Fisto-mine's coming up May/June

Prom Ideas

Quote: (01-24-2012 12:54 AM)RioNomad Wrote:  

Quote: (01-24-2012 12:51 AM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

Young gun-

Read my post above.

This! Fuck goin with a Senior, grab up some Freshmen ass since they will be illegal for you here very quickly. Then once they all turn 18 make the rounds again if you are still in town.

^THIS^

Prom Ideas

I wonder how this came out.

Prom Ideas

Quote: (03-26-2012 12:18 AM)RandalGraves Wrote:  

Figuring prom is in May/June, you should find out in about two months. If you mean the OP's prom, I'm interested in that too.

Prom Ideas

Quote: (03-26-2012 12:54 AM)Blaze Frazier Wrote:  

Quote: (03-26-2012 12:18 AM)RandalGraves Wrote:  

Figuring prom is in May/June, you should find out in about two months. If you mean the OP's prom, I'm interested in that too.

Got's the lizard locked up already, just need to worry about night of.

Prom Ideas

Wow, it's scary reading this post from so long ago.

I went to Prom in a group w/ a bunch of other lacrosse players, one of our friends on the team had an open house after prom. I took the second girl, and ended up hooking up with her a couple of times before prom, and finally fucked her on prom night. It was decent, although looking back on G's advice, I may have taken it. Prom is just too damn expensive.

I had a fling with the first girl over the summer after I finally had the balls to push for it. We still hook up occasionally, when we're both drunk. Girl is a legitimate dime.

The third girl who I was considering, well nothing happened between us until two Saturdays ago. My friend had an open house, and this girl (who had been a bit of a cunt in school the week before) found me and we hooked up. She wanted me to bang her, but I was kinda creeped out. She was having me slap her, choke her, etc. and I was worried about the consequences the next day. It was just wayyyyy too much, especially considering we have never hooked up before.

This year there's a girl who I have been told by four of her friends to ask, she texts me constantly. The problem is she has a boyfriend in college, but I consulted with some of the senior guys on here, and it should be coming along swimmingly later this week...

On the forreal though, I kinda cringed reading that post from last year. My mindset was completely wack at that point. I would HATE to see a something I wrote about a girl, or worse, texted a girl, from like freshman year. Yikes.