rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Mayweather Deflates Ronda Rousey: I Don't Know Who He Is

quick summary: mma girl made troll comments about how she'd beat the best boxer in the world up.

His response:

Is there a response better than this one. He attacks a tough girl/tomboy insecurity by ignoring the fact that she's female.

Honestly, if they fought, I bet she'd take him down and armbar him w/in the first two minutes

I highly doubt that.

BMan, I'd expect her to beat him at UFC. It's her sport. Conversely, I'd expect him to mess her up at boxing. All depends who's rules you use.

That said, I think Mayweather would have a better chance under her rules than she would under his. Ultimately though, I think he'd go down under an attack he wouldn't ordinarily be expected to defend against in boxing.

Quote: (07-15-2014 06:18 PM)TheBMan Wrote:  

Honestly, if they fought, I bet she'd take him down and armbar him w/in the first two minutes

what made you assume they'd fight under mma rules instead of boxing rules.

1) It's generally mma fighters that have an obsession with challenging boxers

2) Boxing is more lucrative

3) Floyd's stature as a fighter is much greater than hers. It'd be likely that they'd fight in his homecourt

If you think a 154 pound professional MALE boxer would lose to a 135 pound woman just because she knows takedowns, there's no hope for you.

Just because he's a boxer doesn't mean he knows nothing about MMA.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that he's also considered the best fighter pound-for-pound EVER.

The UFC president Dana White (the same piece of sell-out shit who threw sweethearted fighter Josh Thomson under the bus for opposing gay marriage - "THE MOST DISGUSTING THING I'VE HEARD IN MY LIFE!!!") just loves, loves, telling everybody in earshot how Ronda Rousey would "destroy" (always the same word) any man. "Destroy".

The MMA "journalists" always nod their obedient heads (they're a bunch of gross, bloated turds, like John Morgan and Luke Thomas) and never dare ask Dana White the most obvious question....

"So why do you have a women's division, then? Just have her fight the men's Bantamweight champ."

To be sure, Ronda Rousey is both huge (she reportedly cuts 15 pounds to make the 135 limit) and has very high muscle density for a woman and, most importantly, she has a very special talent for grappling, whereas most women simply don't have the same aptitude for grappling as men, just the same as female "gamers" struggle to pick up on video games in a fraction of the time that men do. Rousey clearly does have a very special aptitude and, indeed, she could take a great many men to the ground, and then defeat them.

....But still, the only videos I ever saw of her grappling men were either exchanges where the man was just helping her learn, or else she was rolling with some faggy MMA reporter who was giggling like a bitch while she defeated him.

But never once did I see her compete seriously with a male fighter....until now.

lololololololololololololol

(Notice how YouTube censors that video of this Gegard Mousassi just toying with her like an infant, and yet they don't censor the videos of Rousey "defeating" faggy male MMA reporters who she submits in retarded "viral videos". Violence against men is great!)

I saw her tap Uriah Hall on The Ultimate Fighter and he's a 185lber.

Look, boxing he would absolutely destroy her. Not even close. But if you have ever grapped with a BJJ blackbelt (I have) and you figure those two are about the same weight if she can get him on the ground he's in serious trouble. It would remind me of one of the old Royce Gracie fights in the early UFC days. Again, its all speculation, and this is coming from someone who believes a halfway decent boys High School basketball team could smoke a WNBA all star team. But dont doubt the BJJ armbar against someone who doesnt know how to defend it. Its not a pleasant feeling when they get a hold of your arm and you realize its too late.

Quote: (07-15-2014 07:09 PM)TheBMan Wrote:  

That video speaks for itself.

Uriah Hall is a fringe UFC fighter and has zero ground game. Mousassi is also a middleweight.

I agree entirely with your comments about the superiority of grappling to striking. The UFC proved that beyond any question in its early days.

Rhonda Rousey has been ducking Christiane Cyborg for a couple of years now. Dana refused to sign her because he knows her tranny looking ass will beat the shit out of Rousey and fuck up his "foxy boxing" womens division. Now the UFC is bringing in Gina Carano to be Rousey's new big opponent. Carano was fucking destroyed by Cyboy in their fight. Their bullshit is pretty transparent. It's all about the money grab, not putting the best up against the best.

Also, Rousey said she could beat UFC heavyweight champ Cain Velasquez, and publicly stated that she wouldn't fight the tranny Fallon Fox. She'll beat the shit out of all the male fighters, yet won't fight a woman and a wanna be woman.

Quote: (07-15-2014 06:18 PM)TheBMan Wrote:  

That's assuming he wouldn't take the time to learn takedown and submission defense...which he would absolutely do if he was going to have a mixed martial arts fight.

Quote: (07-15-2014 07:12 PM)DavidMI Wrote:  

Quote: (07-15-2014 07:09 PM)TheBMan Wrote:  

That video speaks for itself.

Uriah Hall is a fringe UFC fighter and has zero ground game. Mousassi is also a middleweight.

I agree entirely with your comments about the superiority of grappling to striking. The UFC proved that beyond any question in its early days.

He's a middleweight who probably walks around at 215. He's also a high level grappler and wrestler. So I dont expect a chick giving up 60 lbs to be able to have a chance in hell against an equally talented grappler who is a man who also weighs significantly more and is considerable stronger. Just like I wouldnt expect Mayweather to be able to take him down.

If she can manage a take down against may weather, then she'd probably be able to submit him. but that's a big if, IMO. He's pretty damn fast and he's probably one of the best defensive fighters to have ever graced the ring.

I will be checking my PMs weekly, so you can catch me there. I will not be posting.

Quote: (07-15-2014 08:02 PM)Fortis Wrote:  

If she can manage a take down against may weather, then she'd probably be able to submit him. but that's a big if, IMO. He's pretty damn fast and he's probably one of the best defensive fighters to have ever graced the ring.

She wouldnt be able to touch him w/her hands. But she was an Judo Olympian. If she could manage a clinch it would get very interesting.

Yeah. They're both high level at what they do. Did she take gold or anything? I really know nothing about her.

I mean, I'm still giving this to Floydd just because he's pound for pound best right now and he's got that "cool under fire" vibe.

I think another thing we're forgetting is just the vast strength difference between men and women. A punch from Floyd, Anywhere on her body, is going to be like a major haymaker. Ever seen a woman get into a fight with a guy? it's never pretty for the girl, even if she "wins."

He could just go toe to toe with her, outrange her and pummel her into submission.

I will be checking my PMs weekly, so you can catch me there. I will not be posting.

Also Rhonda has next to no striking at her weight class. Her strength is grappling.
All of her wins have come from armbar submission.

Mayweather was too fast and too good of a boxer to lose to her. Also keep in mind boxers fights are a lot longer than mma fights if they go the full 12 rounds.
With Rhonda having to cut 15 pounds that does have an effect on cardio.

Video is private

Quote: (07-15-2014 06:43 PM)DavidMI Wrote:  

The UFC president Dana White (the same piece of sell-out shit who threw sweethearted fighter Josh Thomson under the bus for opposing gay marriage - "THE MOST DISGUSTING THING I'VE HEARD IN MY LIFE!!!") just loves, loves, telling everybody in earshot how Ronda Rousey would "destroy" (always the same word) any man. "Destroy".

The MMA "journalists" always nod their obedient heads (they're a bunch of gross, bloated turds, like John Morgan and Luke Thomas) and never dare ask Dana White the most obvious question....

"So why do you have a women's division, then? Just have her fight the men's Bantamweight champ."

To be sure, Ronda Rousey is both huge (she reportedly cuts 15 pounds to make the 135 limit) and has very high muscle density for a woman and, most importantly, she has a very special talent for grappling, whereas most women simply don't have the same aptitude for grappling as men, just the same as female "gamers" struggle to pick up on video games in a fraction of the time that men do. Rousey clearly does have a very special aptitude and, indeed, she could take a great many men to the ground, and then defeat them.

....But still, the only videos I ever saw of her grappling men were either exchanges where the man was just helping her learn, or else she was rolling with some faggy MMA reporter who was giggling like a bitch while she defeated him.

But never once did I see her compete seriously with a male fighter....until now.

lololololololololololololol

(Notice how YouTube censors that video of this Gegard Mousassi just toying with her like an infant, and yet they don't censor the videos of Rousey "defeating" faggy male MMA reporters who she submits in retarded "viral videos". Violence against men is great!)

Distorted realites...I understand its training but a guy like that would just "Dan Servern" her with suplexes out of a clinch

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing? Psalm 2:1 KJV

Unless there was some affirmative action-esque rule that prevents him from hitting a woman, she has no chance.

But what if he just fingered her during the takedown?

[Image: 859326298.gif?w=620]

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

Mousasi is a light-heavyweight. If you're a good jiu jutsu guy and outweigh your opponent by 70 pounds, you're going to have a field day with them regardless of how good they are. So it's not a discredit that she's getting tossed around.

Most of the rest or the women's division stinks, but Rousey is a legit badass.

Check out my occasionally updated travel thread - The Wroclaw Gambit II: Dzięki Bogu - as I prepare to emigrate to Poland.

Quote: (07-15-2014 07:47 PM)TheBMan Wrote:  

He's a middleweight who probably walks around at 215. He's also a high level grappler and wrestler. So I dont expect a chick giving up 60 lbs to be able to have a chance in hell against an equally talented grappler who is a man who also weighs significantly more and is considerable stronger. Just like I wouldnt expect Mayweather to be able to take him down.
Where did you get the "215 pounds" from? He competes at 50 pounds more than Rousey. Rousey cuts a ton of weight.

TJ Dillashaw or Renan Barao would be able to hold their own and occasionally even submit Mousassi in a grappling match. Rousey was not remotely able to (and she likely weighs a lot more than TJ Dillashaw).

Mayweather has extremely quick reflexes, a long reach, and understands distance and how to make adjustments in order to take away his opponent's best weapons incredibly well. Anyone that thinks she would even have a chance at taking him down without being on the receiving end of several accurate, hard shots (Mayweather has underrated power) is dreaming. She wouldn't even have a chance at beating top 50.

Quote: (07-16-2014 06:08 AM)Kieran Wrote:  

Mayweather has extremely quick reflexes, a long reach, and understands distance and how to make adjustments in order to take away his opponent's best weapons incredibly well. Anyone that thinks she would even have a chance at taking him down without being on the receiving end of several accurate, hard shots (Mayweather has underrated power) is dreaming. She wouldn't even have a chance at beating top 50.

Exactly.

Most MMA fighters, even the top ones, have frankly awful boxing.

People just seem to underestimate the speed of both hands and feet of even average boxers, let alone FM.

It's just laughable to be even having this discussion. Flloyd would knock this silly girl out the first time she entered his punching range.

Quote: (07-15-2014 07:16 PM)Katatonic Wrote:  

Rhonda Rousey has been ducking Christiane Cyborg for a couple of years now. Dana refused to sign her because he knows her tranny looking ass will beat the shit out of Rousey and fuck up his "foxy boxing" womens division. Now the UFC is bringing in Gina Carano to be Rousey's new big opponent. Carano was fucking destroyed by Cyboy in their fight. Their bullshit is pretty transparent. It's all about the money grab, not putting the best up against the best.

Also, Rousey said she could beat UFC heavyweight champ Cain Velasquez, and publicly stated that she wouldn't fight the tranny Fallon Fox. She'll beat the shit out of all the male fighters, yet won't fight a woman and a wanna be woman.
The only reason Cyborg is not right now in UFC is because she hired moron like Tito Ortiz to be her manager and he advised her to build career outside of UFC. She was also claiming she can't drop weight to 135lbs because of health reasons... but changed her mind a few months later when she saw that her career is going nowhere and nobody on big big scene gives a shit about her wins against weak competition on small shows.
Now she apparently can drop his weight to 135, but she wants to sign contract with UFC for only 1 fight - against Rousey.

I am far away from being a Dana White fan, but I am not surprised (at least from business perspective) that he is not interested in getting Cyborg only for 1 fight -she can beat Rousey and disappear. From business perspective it just doesn;'t make sense.

Also, Rousey stated she would beat Cain Velasquez under "right circumstances", which wasn't explained and just allowed some Sherdog members to create a scenarios where it could happen [Image: blush.gif]

Regarding Mayweather vs Rousey - in boxing only question would be if Ronda was smart enough to write her last will or not. But under MMA rules? I would probably put my money on her - MMA fans are maybe underestimate boxers skills, but it also goes other way too.