rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Does a cold winter climate hurt your game?

Thinking about places where winter is long and cold, like Russia, or the other northern regions of Europe and North America.

Seems like there would be logistical problems for daygame, fewer people out at night, and possibly women have a lower sex drive during those months.

Is this a big enough factor to figure into your travel plans? I don't mind the cold personally, but if it means working a lot harder to meet women, I'll pass.

Dr Johnson rumbles with the RawGod. And lives to regret it.

MUCH prefer it game-wise.

Absolutely HATE it lifestyle-wise.

When its cold I can wear such better outfits: Pea-coats, blazers, boots etc

Quote: (07-15-2014 07:22 AM)LeightonBlackstock Wrote:  

MUCH prefer it game-wise.

Absolutely HATE it lifestyle-wise.

When its cold I can wear such better outfits: Pea-coats, blazers, boots etc

Absolutely. In the colder months, I think fashion is the major factor behind most of my lays. In summer I have to rely much more on old-fashioned game.

I also often feel lethargic when it's very hot.

Ethan Amarante's datasheets:
*Glasgow

I've noticed the following effects winter has on my game.

(1) Less interest in going out: It's cold. Period. During the summer and spring I'm motivated to go outside just for the sake of going outside. On a good summer day I may end up walking around down town all day and do 12-16 approaches without even having to thingk. During the winter, I need a much stronger motivator to leave my house, especially for longer periods of time, including clubs and bars. This usually leads to me doing fewer approaches. Also, you find fewer women outside just for the hell of it, and those who are are usually in a hurry to get back in doors, and might be less open to random chitchat with a complete stranger.

(2) Less of an incentive to approach: This doesn't really mean lower sex drive per se as much as it means that women are showing less skin. Nothing gets my heart racing like a Japanese or Korean woman's bare legs (luckily, Japanese just wear higher boots when it gets cold, instead of longer skirts). Girls are wearing less in the summer, and if I'm in the mood, all I really need to do is follow my boner on a good day. In ther winter, on the other hand, I again have less of an automatic incentive to approach. In Europe, you'll find more sidewalk cafés open, where it's easier and quicker to get on an instadate.Not so much in the winter.

Also days are shorter, meaning women on the street are sooner to have their guard up once the sun goes down, if you're in a dangerous city.

It's not that much of a big deal, in my opinion, but I guess it should be taken into consideration just the same.

Yeah I can't stand the cold weather. If I'm in a cold place in the winter I don't even want to go outside. I also don't want to go to the gym. It kills my drive to do anything outdoors. This is why last year I just left the cold and went to Thailand instead. This coming winter I plan to go to a nice warm place in Latin America when winter hits. Escaping cold weather (and not having to wake up early) are my primary motivation to work for myself.. these are even more important to me than traveling. I cannot fucking stand cold weather.

Yes the worst is that the days are so short in wintertime (dark from 4:45pm to 8:30am at worst), and the cold makes me want to go outdoors less.

Native Minnesotan speaking, winter is coming.

You just gotta bring the heat.

If you are going to impose your will on the world, you must have control over what you believe.

Data Sheet Minneapolis / Data Sheet St. Paul / Data Sheet Northern MN/BWCA / Data Sheet Duluth

Winter gaming has it's advantages.

1) Guys are less motivated to go out. Ratio's at high end bars improve!

2) I think Online game is easier. More women are stuck in doors unlike the summer.

3) Virtually no annoying bachelorette parties at my favorite bars.

Although there are less girls out at the clubs (and guys), the girls that are out are much more likely to be receptive to meeting a cool guy and/or banging that night.

Extreme winters up here in Canada. If a girl is going out when it's -20 outside in a skirt, you bet she wants to at the very least kiss a guy that night.

To me it's a more natural thing to get an instadate by moving the interaction somewhere inside during winter. Day game is probably all-around better for me in winter, but night game is massively decreased since I hate going to clubs when it's cold.

Depends on the cold, I can handle +5 down to about -10, I actually enjoy it and a bit of snow doesn't bother me too much either. However, when it gets down past -20, especially -30 to -40 its fucking brutal and you really have to experience it to understand how much it sucks, I never felt that cold until I moved to Alberta. You can't keep your eyes shut too long or you'll have a hard time opening them, your snot freezes in your nose (or all over your moustache), you take a big deep breath of air or it'll burn your lungs and you have to constantly moisturize your skin, I've had bloody hands and lips from the skin cracking. And that's why I get the fuck outta Alberta for a few months every year!

The smoking patios standing around the gas heaters you can chit chat a bit. Although I don't smoke, the patios bare much mor fruit than indoors at times.

Cold winter climate hurts my life. I vowed never to live somewhere with a cold winter again. I also like that plan cause it keeps me traveling and motivated.

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

Quote: (07-15-2014 09:04 PM)scotian Wrote:  

Depends on the cold, I can handle +5 down to about -10, I actually enjoy it and a bit of snow doesn't bother me too much either. However, when it gets down past -20, especially -30 to -40 its fucking brutal and you really have to experience it to understand how much it sucks, I never felt that cold until I moved to Alberta. You can't keep your eyes shut too long or you'll have a hard time opening them, your snot freezes in your nose (or all over your moustache), you take a big deep breath of air or it'll burn your lungs and you have to constantly moisturize your skin, I've had bloody hands and lips from the skin cracking. And that's why I get the fuck outta Alberta for a few months every year!

Jesus. I didn't know that was possible.

Ethan Amarante's datasheets:
*Glasgow

Quote: (07-15-2014 11:44 PM)Cr33pin Wrote:  

Cold winter climate hurts my life. I vowed never to live somewhere with a cold winter again. I also like that plan cause it keeps me traveling and motivated.

This. FUCK WINTER.

After living for more than I should in Canada I have tried all kinds of ways to get away.
The darkness I think is what gets to me the most. Too dark for too long and I get seriously down. Couple of years I had to get vitamin d supplements, go see a counselor. Really takes a toll in my heart. Drinking doesn't help either as it does for most locals. Just makes it worse for me.

I am meant to run in the sun naked, I think. Chasing chicks, of course.

Quote: (07-16-2014 04:20 AM)Ethan Amarante Wrote:  

Oh yeah, nothing like the notices of 'wear a scarf or your lungs might freeze' in the news... Or the -55C (about the. Same in F) weeks we sometimes get. It hurts to be alive.
Also everyone is in a crappy mood, long faces everywhere, shitty attitudes from women. . . Fuck winter.

Winter is neither + nor - for me. I hate Summer in Russia as most of the top girls are away and those who aren't always want to go to some filthy lake or some such, which destroys logistics. Spring is great for game. Autumn isn't bad - actually my favourite season for the weather, but the early part suffers the same issues that Summer does.

In a way, I can understand why Canadians can't handle the cold weather... I would put it down to idiotic urban planning. In cold climates, the American suburban housing model doesn't work. If it's cold, one needs to build European-style cities to minimise the transport distances.

Gotta go with Leighton here.

In hot weather I prefer to only walk around in shorts. Sometimes I feel it's too damn hot even to walk with a shirt. In a few minutes it's all wet of sweat.

Colder climate is so much better for wearing cool clothes. I'm grown up in a cold climate and I'm okay with temperatures down to -20'c. Like Scotian said, temperatures below that it's only a pain in the ass.

Cold weather is okay but what I don't like is WET weather. In the North I hate the autumns which are raw cold and wet. The coldness is not the worst in the Nordics, it's the DARKNESS. Only 4 hours when it's not pitchblack in the middle of the winter. No wonder people were supersticious in old times before they had electricity.

I liked the climate in New Zealand very much when I visited the country.
Between +15 + 25 celsius all the time. Can walk around in long pants and a shirt all day without sweating or freezing.

Pretty ideal to me.
But on the other hand.. I'm a fan of extreme weather.....

Quote: (07-16-2014 04:20 AM)Ethan Amarante Wrote:  

Yep, this happens to me too. When it's too cold my knuckles get really dry, my skin cracks, and they start bleeding. It's extremely painful.

Quote: (07-17-2014 05:45 AM)travolta Wrote:  

Yep, this happens to me too. When it's too cold my knuckles get really dry, my skin cracks, and they start bleeding. It's extremely painful.

Wear gloves (leather + lining) outside, and use this when you're inside: http://www.cetaphil.com/restoraderm-skin...oisturizer

I seem to be a mutant or something. I don'T usually feel or notice the heat, or at least it rarely bothers me. I can walk around in long sleaves and jeans in 36° weather. If it's hotter than that, as long as I've got enough to drink, I'm usually alright. Only problem is I sweat easily. The cold I'm not too much of a fan of.

I know your pain.
No one goes out after minus 25 here.
I've gone out when it's minus 30 to test a theory. Most places were filled with the bar staff and a few random guys.
Also nevermind going to the club around the holidays. Usually a desert in winter.

I agree on being able to wear better clothes and show your overall style as it gets colder but 2 weeks on minus 25 or colder is never good. Especially if you don't drive.

Yeah cold weather destroys my game completely. I dont want to go outside, or really do anything when its damn near below freezing. The cold is pretty much Kryptonite to me.

I absolutely thrive in Warm weather though. I feel like I can do anything,energy levels are through the roof, approach any girl, and my confidence is a high levels.

I don't enjoy the cold at all, I feel pretty demotivated in Winter when its cold. Winter depression.

Summer gets me all worked up and ready to do anything.

Well, the colder climate in northern europe does have more drinking days such as christmas parties, christmas feasts, new years, christmas beer day, etc. If you're well connected socially, you will likely do 3-5 christmas parties in December alone, all of which are known for debauchery and socially accepted and almost expected to end in random hookups. Then you have new years and the rest of January which is slow, until ski season in February where it's afterskiing and dancing on tables before home to the cabin. Again, infamous for drinking and hookups. Slow season in march and then easter and a bunch of easter feasts and parties and then you almost have the summer. At least that is how scandi people get through the winter.