rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Erin Andrews Story Not Covered by Jezebel

Apparently Fox Sports replaced their black female sideline reporter Pam Oliver - older, seasoned and black) with a Erin Andrews (white, youngish, blonde )

It's all over the interwebz... Pam is being very diplomatic and saying she understands the business, and the fact that the women get younger.

I think that's an OUTRAGE!!!!

So being the good feminist that I am, I wanted to hear Jezebel's take on it. I need to know what to say at my next Craft Beer and Social Privilege meeting.

*checks front page*
*does a search*

Hmm, I don't happen to see it.

Well lemme check Gawker, surely if everyone and their brother is covering infotainment news, they'll cover it.

*also not there*

Maybe they just don't cover Sports Media....

But wait...http://gawker.com/5603466/erin-andrews-goes-back-to-the-stalker-well

That's interesting. So they'll cover Erin Andrews and Sports Media issues...but not when...

I wonder why there's such a media blackout by Denton and Crew?

Can't be because Nick Denton did the same thing? No, that's not possible.

Well I'm just glad that the Mainstream Media covered the Gawker/Jezebel/Dodai Stewart fiasco.

WIA

What, it's almost like they're only *pretending* to be Good Persons ™ to gain narcissistic supply from their readers whilst financially-exploiting them via clickbait! Impossible!

Quote:Quote:

I wonder why there's such a media blackout by Denton and Crew?

Because Denton just did the exact same thing. He hired a barely qualified white girl over an experienced fat black woman editor.

http://www.returnofkings.com/39361/did-j...-her-looks

Unlike the new editor for Jezebel, Erin Andrews has actually been around for a while.

That she looks phenomenal for a 36 year old is just an awesome coincidence.

I can't take Erin Andrews seriously for two reasons:
1. She's a female sportscaster. I don't even watch sports, and female newscasters still bug the fuck out of me.
2. Her "peephole rape" incident from a few years ago. Anyone see those pics? That was some of the biggest attention whoring bullshit I've ever seen.

Pam Oliver cut her teeth. She has been ride or die with Fox for a long time, since almost the start when Fox started with football. She is as much "Fox football" as Terry Bradshaw, from the brand standpoint a lot of older men thought very fondly of her. My old barber from The South said all the time he "would plough her down with the D without a second thought". To OG dudes they always liked her style. She was easy on the eyes to them and did her job well. She gained a lot of respect among players and coaches and earned her stripes. She got interviews because players and coaches could trust her, you get that with time and cutting your teeth. All that has to be earned especially in the sports world here the press is always viewed negatively. Erin Andrews only gets jobs and access because she's hot, simple. But even with that access the players and coaches don't say much. They know her MO and wouldn't tell her the same stuff as they would to Pam whom has earned their trust.

She does try to cut we teeth but then people realize she's kinda boring and plain when she does so and she just gets move around to another job where she can look good.

Fox paid a boat load of cash for Erin Andrehws from ESPN and can't use her for nothing. Se has no legit journalism chops, can't host, can't lead a set/segment. She is just a hot broad whom knows a lot about sports. She isn't Rachel Nichols, Suzy Kolber, Pam Oliver, etc, girls whom got some journalism or hosting chops whom can kinda hold their own aside from being good for the camera.

But of course Jezebel says nothing. I've said many times that white girls strait up don't give a fuck about black women aside from their curves and ability to not sunburn. They low key have a superiority view but will never say it openly. They know they get their bread full of all the butter in America, they know they are top of the mountain. Some white guy whom is sweating balls in a steel plant dosnt know shit about privilege since if he had it, why would he be working so hard? But the white girl whom can eat Whole Foods lox and bagels with a Starbucks as she blogs nonsense during a workday knows she's got the world around her finger. She knows damn well she's the privileged one. She also knows whom is and isn't on her team also. It's all laughable as when a black "woc" "sisterhood" etc, broad gets thrown under the bus the Feminist clan goes radio silent.

Oliver's a pretty class act and IMHO still looks pretty damn hot for her age (face at least, she looks like she's hiding something below all that clothing though).

Still she's 'just' being bumped down to the #2 slot so it's not like she's getting fired. Actually I think she's going to the broadcast booth with the #2 crew.

Here's what she said about being replaced:

And Oliver acknowledged she isn't upset about being put on the No. 2 team either.

“The No. 2 team is not chopped liver,” Oliver said. “It is an up-and-coming crew and a really good group of guys. They called me the other day and we had some laughs. So I will savor this year. I will get my goodbyes to the security guys and the fans I've known for years. It is not even remotely bad, not even anything remotely like ‘Poor me.' I feel like I have landed in a pot of gold at this stage and how it could have gone. My role has changed.

"Sideline reporting is being phased out and I'm fortunate enough to get this year. I am lucky. I do know that."

The idiot Jezebel readers probably don't even understand what any of that means though, and thus don't know how to feign outrage.

2015 RVF fantasy football champion

I imagine the bulk of sports fans are the kind of guy that pisses himself in excitement when ordering wings and pints from a Hooters waitress. In that light, putting in a hotter, blonder woman is a financial no-brainer. I have trouble believing that the ablest person for the job is a woman to begin with, if you're after quality technical sports commentary.

If she is going to the booth, I hope this is not something they are doing in hopes she strings her own neck. The booth is much harder than the sideline. When Doris Burke got in the booth during the NBA playoffs I thought it was soo terrible I put the TV on mute. Doris is great on the sidelines when she is letting Tim Duncan drop sweat on her and she never flinches. [Image: lol.gif] In the booth she was horrible though. Suzy Colber is still annoying as hell, but considering how bad she used to be, she has vastly improved.

Regardless, if Fox doesn't want Pam, she could get another job in minutes. I don't blame her for wearing alot of clothes either. When every black man inside a barbershop describes how badly they would smash that, she gotta know that she is packing a serious donk with a mean set of legs. Gotta love a track athlete body.

Dating Guide for Mainland China Datasheet
TravelerKai's Martial Arts Datasheet
1 John 4:20 - If anyone says, I love God, and hates (detests, abominates) his brother [in Christ], he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, Whom he has not seen.

She's gotten soft body wise back back in the day she was for sure packing serious tight curves.

It's a Fox no brainer to an extent to dump Erin in the top spot but they are kinda forced into it. Fox is expanding it's sports coverage and unless you want her on baseball and golf also (which she probably tried to campaign for) Fox likely just made her happy with that high profile spot to shut her up.

I agree that Doris Burke is garbage on play-by-play. ESPN is way more PC then Fox, ESPN would never blatantly put a hot blondie in place of a seasoned well liked veteran like Fox did. Erin Andrews left ESPN because she felt she was getting boxed in (lack of skills) and went for the money with Fox. But ESPN puts a shitty women in the booth to be PC (It appears the same but it's so different).

Makes sense. ESPNs cutest one is Josina Anderson. The rest are forgettable, but much better than Erin for sure. She really was the weakest link now that you got me thinking about it.

Dating Guide for Mainland China Datasheet
TravelerKai's Martial Arts Datasheet
1 John 4:20 - If anyone says, I love God, and hates (detests, abominates) his brother [in Christ], he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, Whom he has not seen.

ESPN's cutest are cari champion and some random blonde chick I don't remember.

ESPN's pc-ness manifests itself in the almost laughable asian representation. Cary chow holds his own, but that other guy barely says anything and I don't remember his name.

Quote: (07-14-2014 09:48 PM)kosko Wrote:  

Pam Oliver cut her teeth. She has been ride or die with Fox for a long time, since almost the start when Fox started with football. She is as much "Fox football" as Terry Bradshaw, from the brand standpoint a lot of older men thought very fondly of her. My old barber from The South said all the time he "would plough her down with the D without a second thought". To OG dudes they always liked her style. She was easy on the eyes to them and did her job well. She gained a lot of respect among players and coaches and earned her stripes. She got interviews because players and coaches could trust her, you get that with time and cutting your teeth. All that has to be earned especially in the sports world here the press is always viewed negatively. Erin Andrews only gets jobs and access because she's hot....

Why the f*ck should Pam Olivers career last longer than some of the athletes she covers? Every one of those players knows that someday there will be a physical decline, and they'll be replaced when they can't perform anymore. Why the hell does anyone think the reporters should be held to a easier standard? Pam beat out a bunch of other women with similar talent because she was hotter back in her prime. Now someone is beating her for the job. That's life.

I SPOKE TOO SOON!!

http://jezebel.com/fox-sports-swaps-vet-...1605289567

1ST Comment

"Do you folks have the moral high ground to criticize race based hiring decisions at this point?"

Another good one

"you got some brassballs jezebel posting an article decrying an older more experienced woman of color being replaced by a younger white blonde considering you just passed over the very talented dodai Stewart (black, experienced, pushing 40) for 25 year blonde white Emma charmichael. This is fucking rich. "

Somebody decided to go Meme

[Image: cvcqquzlp5nfb8lvmgsp.jpg]

Looks wise, I take Pam Oliver all day, every day over the Barbie-wannabe.

“….and we will win, and you will win, and we will keep on winning, and eventually you will say… we can’t take all of this winning, …please Mr. Trump …and I will say, NO, we will win, and we will keep on winning”.

- President Donald J. Trump

Pam Oliver always seemed to have a bit TOO much chemistry with a lot of the athletes she interviewed: Emmitt Smith, Cris Carter, guys of that generation she came up with. Those guys haven't only retired, but they're in the Hall of Fame--unless she's been able to replace them with younger bros (doubt it), it's the natural, wall-aided decline.

Not a big fan of Erin Andrews, either. Have any of you guys heard her on the in-studio college FB pre/postgame show on Fox? Christ, that voice could cut glass. She sounds like Sarah Palin and Jerry Lewis's love child. Sure, she's still pretty good for her mid-30s, but I know this is only a temporary move--Fox will replace her sooner rather than later...

Vigo

Quote: (07-15-2014 11:05 PM)WestIndianArchie Wrote:  

"Do you folks have the moral high ground to criticize race based hiring decisions at this point?"

I literally reacted like [Image: ohshit.gif] when I saw that comment... nobody responded to it, of course.