rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Black Guy Moves to Japan and Becomes Popular Commercial Actor

I'm sure this one will come up soon. Black guy graduates from university in the US, decides to move to Japan, learns Japanese, and now is a highly successful actor in Japanese commercials. Highly popular. He recently married a Japanese woman.

A silly part of the video questions why he had to go so far from his home to be successful, trying to imply it's racism. I think it's because in the US there is a ton more competition for commercial actors; attractive black dudes are a dime a dozen, not so in Japan.

The reporter said, "with no family or connections to Japan, friends called him crazy."

She should have said, "with no prospects or ambition for themselves, 'friends' were quick to criticize a man daring enough to blaze his own path."

Good for him. I have nothing but respect for somebody so willing to uproot, especially when success is not guaranteed.

Heard he now goes by "excelsior" on the Internet.

[Image: gamerecognized.gif]

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

This story is not as unusual or freakish as it sounds. Foreigners, especially ones that are "exotic" looking and attractive, are in high demand in the Japanese advertising business.

But good for him. He saw an opportunity and went for it. Bravo.

This brother will do well for himself as long as he remembers that the Japanese want him as an ornament only, as window-dressing. It's like being a pet rock.

I predict that he eventually will tire of it, as most foreigners do who enjoy some success in Japan do.

After a while, you feel the irresistible urge to revolt, to rebel, and to break out of one's fetters.

His wife: WB

Time to learn Japanese and become a popular commercial actor.

Quote: (07-07-2014 03:36 PM)Emancipator Wrote:  

Pics plz

Quote: (07-07-2014 03:45 PM)Alan Partridge Wrote:  

Quote: (07-07-2014 03:36 PM)Emancipator Wrote:  

Pics plz

Wife is in the video, just watch it. Not long.

I know a black dude that fetishized Japanese women. Wouldn't even date any other Asian ethnicity, she had to be Japanese. He moved to Japan and works as a model and an actor and is married to a Japanese woman. Thing is this dude is Muslim and got his Japanese wife to convert to Islam, lol. Last I saw on FB he has a couple kids.

There were some nice girls in that vid, including his wife, and I'm not even into Asian girls.

Japan has long been a Mecca for black guys. I know many friends who spent a good amount of time there and some that are still there, with no plans to return to the west.
The ones that returned to the west greatly regretted it.

This place is number one on my list for next year.

I thin

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com

Quote: (07-07-2014 03:24 PM)Quintus Curtius Wrote:  

This story is not as unusual or freakish as it sounds. Foreigners, especially ones that are "exotic" looking and attractive, are in high demand in the Japanese advertising business.

What CNN seemed to glaring overlook is the fact that as a foreigner you fill a niche in which employers are grabbing from a selective pool.

I've been stopped twice in Tokyo in which recruiters asked me if I would do some modeling/print work. I would never be asked in my native country, I'm an average looking guy. These recruiters obviously needed a western model and their options were limited.

That's not meant to discredit this guys success. He had the drive to fly to a completely foreign culture, learn the language and put himself out there for opportunities, but it's not particularly bizarre that he achieved success like the video would suggest.

Props to him, seems like a G.

Very sexy wife and he did what Clint Eastwood did.

Clint couldn't get work in LA, so dipped to Italy and made some 'obscure' westerns like The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.

Hollywood then went "Well golly gee, I guess he is talented, why don't you come on back to Hollywood!"

The rest is history.

Quote: (07-07-2014 06:47 PM)Collide Wrote:  

Quote: (07-07-2014 03:24 PM)Quintus Curtius Wrote:  

What CNN seemed to glaring overlook is the fact that as a foreigner you fill a niche in which employers are grabbing from a selective pool.

I've been stopped twice in Tokyo in which recruiters asked me if I would do some modeling/print work. I would never be asked in my native country, I'm an average looking guy. These recruiters obviously needed a western model and their options were limited.

That's not meant to discredit this guys success. He had the drive to fly to a completely foreign culture, learn the language and put himself out there for opportunities, but it's not particularly bizarre that he achieved success like the video would suggest.

Yeah. I was surprised, even I did some modeling in Japan, and I wouldn't be stopped to do modeling anywhere in the West. Dude just swooped me while I was waiting in line in Tokyo, and invited me to a Saturday shoot.

Anyway, good on him. But I agree that people there probably see him as an object rather than a human being. Which is what we do with our stars here, I guess.

As a black guy who wants to go to Japan all I have to say is Well Done.
[Image: clap2.gif]

"The Carousel Stops For No Man" - Tuthmosis

There are plenty of similar success stories in Asian countries.

Lots of half-asian models and actors fail to get any work in the West, but they get super popular in Asia.

I know some European and Australian entertainers who get no work in their countries (essentially play their music & shows for free in local bars) but become TV celebs in SEA doing shows in the local language.

Pic of the chick? I can't look this guy's name up, because I'm at work and can't watch the vid.

This is from 2011. Is he still #1?