rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Planning for After A Divorce

I'm most likely getting divorced soon. I'll be moving in with my parents to save money and clear my head. Afterward, I want to move to a new city and I've picked Seattle. My problem is that I have a menial job and supporting myself on it in Seattle will be difficult. I could stay with/around my parents and go back to school, but I moved far away from where they live for a reason. It's PCville and a pain in the ass to be. But if I bust through school for a few years, I could end up with a better job to move on.

I'd like some advice/anecdotes. This is all new to me, having my life turned upside down. I thank you all in advance.

Addendum: I realize that Seattle is pretty liberal and PC as well, but it's got way more to offer than where my folks live.

Congratulations. Welcome to your new life.

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

Harmonica, welcome to the forum: I searched the forum and found a thread on Seattle: http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-1089.html

I spent some time there around 2006 and hated the weather - gloomy cloud cover even in the summers. The outdoors are really beautiful but Seattle Proper is not the cheapest place to live. The girls tend to be liberal, city types which can be a good thing for a man with game, but a pain in the ass to tolerate.

Good luck with the journey forward.

From what I read I think I'd do well there. I can easily fake liberalism and I've done a lot of traveling. I'm not looking for anything longer than a night or two, so it sounds like a nice fit.

Quote: (02-24-2011 03:27 AM)HarmonicaFTW Wrote:  

From what I read I think I'd do well there. I can easily fake liberalism and I've done a lot of traveling. I'm not looking for anything longer than a night or two, so it sounds like a nice fit.

Join the Army, get a "ranger contract". This will do several things, your ass will get into shape, you will have steady, secure income.

There are 3 Ranger battalions in the country and 2nd Batt is in Tacoma WA. A lot of guys commute from Seattle. You will be in the most Elite light infantry unit in the world and you can grow you hair out like you are a civilian. You will be able to go and kill terrorists. You will be able to bang all of those feminist hippies with no skin color from the lack of sun and tons of rain.

This all is with the assumption that you can get through basic training, Airborne school, the Ranger Indoctrination Process (RIP) and then stay on long enough by being good at your job and not get RFS'd (released for standards). It's a hard life, but it's also rewarding, esp after you get your Tab.

You'll be all over the world and Rangers aren't deployed for longer than 3-4 months at a time.

You serve 3 yrs and get out with all your school paid for wherever you go and a nice monthly living allowance for 36 months.

RIP is now known as RASP

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ranger_Asse...ess#Course

I am not divorced, but I am back at "home" and regrouping. I am in school and hope to get certified before I bust out again.

So do not feel bad, take care of business and Fisto's recommendation sounds interesting.

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com

Quote: (02-27-2011 10:12 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

RIP is now known as RASP

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ranger_Asse...ess#Course

Ah, it's been 10 years since I went through it.

Thanks for the replies. I've thought about the military, but I've got the drive and ambition to get ripped on my own. I've just been in a lazy rut pretty much my entire life. I've scraped the bottom of the barrel for far too long. It's simply being able to realize the people you thought were your class are far under you. There's so much more I can accomplish of I just fucking man up and follow what Solomon II blogged about a while ago: where I am is my kingdom and my word is law.

Your are American? You can go and teach English in China, South Korea or Japan. In China and South Korea you will earn about 1250-1500 US$ a month and you can live a comfortable and fun life with this salary in a medium sized city (6-7 million people)

Hmm . . . I was going to create a new thread but this is already here. My homeboy is going through a divorce. When is the best time to introduce GAME to my recently single friend? I don't want him to repeat the same mistakes.

Not to hijack your thread bro. Do what you have to do. Sit down and think. Plan for at least five years.

Don't go into the military unless you like to kill people. When I was in, it was about fucking, drinking, and killing. I loved it. It's probably about handing out lolipops these days.

Fuck it. Live with your parents. Build up a nest egg and then strike it out again. Oh don't swim around in your head. It's cancer.

My advice for guys getting divorced is go to Thailand or the Phils and FUCK LIKE THERE'S NO TOMORROW. In a month you'll forget ever being married and decide to never wife up again.

Years ago I got out of an ltr. I was devastated and took a long hiatus from sex to "clear my head". That was the gayest shit I've ever done. It did NOT put things into perspective. I spent six months brooding over what happened.

*edit*- Keep in mind you're probably and emotional train wreck. Watch out for that rebound stuff. I warned ya, so don't blame me when you go falling in love w/ a Thai hooker.

WRAP IT, TAP IT, AND RUN!!!!!

The plan has become to live with the folks for a while and work. Can't go to school without a year's residency. I'll probably end up getting my own place after a few months, or find a roommate or something. Cheap living where they are, and Im not going to waste my money on shit like I have been.

I'd say introduce him quickly. It's only been a week and a half since it was finally decided and I've got one girl reeling in currently. Game makes one feel powerful. Best get him to both grieve for the loss but also improve himself at the same time.

Quote: (03-09-2011 10:51 PM)Aliblahba Wrote:  

My advice for guys getting divorced is go to Thailand or the Phils and FUCK LIKE THERE'S NO TOMORROW. In a month you'll forget ever being married and decide to never wife up again.

Years ago I got out of an ltr. I was devastated and took a long hiatus from sex to "clear my head". That was the gayest shit I've ever done. It did NOT put things into perspective. I spent six months brooding over what happened.

*edit*- Keep in mind you're probably and emotional train wreck. Watch out for that rebound stuff. I warned ya, so don't blame me when you go falling in love w/ a Thai hooker.

WRAP IT, TAP IT, AND RUN!!!!!

That sounds like really good advice. People who say you need to take a break from sex to get perspective are bullshit. It'll give you the perspective, all right, that you should be lucky to be in a monogamous relationship.

You need to bang 20 girls to get the real perspective, that being monogamous is prison.

Live it up in Thailand, wooooo!!

Why not sneak out to Thailand or the Phils while being married? Oh, damn... That's maybe not a good idea