rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Gary Oldman - Playboy interview

http://www.playboy.com/playground/view/g...iew?page=4

Lots of red pill elements here.

That's a sweet article.

Quote:Quote:

OLDMAN: More and more, people in this culture are able to hide behind comedy and satire to say things we can’t ordinarily say, because it’s all too politically correct.

PLAYBOY: Do you have something in mind?

OLDMAN: Well, if I called Nancy Pelosi a cunt—and I’ll go one better, a fucking useless cunt—I can’t really say that. But Bill Maher and Jon Stewart can, and nobody’s going to stop them from working because of it. Bill Maher could call someone a fag and get away with it. He said to Seth MacFarlane this year, “I thought you were going to do the Oscars again. Instead they got a lesbian.” He can say something like that. Is that more or less offensive than Alec Baldwin saying to someone in the street, “You fag”? I don’t get it.

PLAYBOY: You see it as a double standard.

OLDMAN: It’s our culture now, absolutely. At the Oscars, if you didn’t vote for 12 Years a Slave you were a racist. You have to be very careful about what you say. I do have particular views and opinions that most of this town doesn’t share, but it’s not like I’m a fascist or a racist. There’s nothing like that in my history.

It's true.. doesn't matter if you are conservative or liberal, there's a lot hypocrisy regarding people saying shit, especially off the cuff remarks.

[Image: agree.gif]

Liberal Social Justice Warriors are the kind of people who get upset if you say mean things about women on Twitter, but devote no energy to fighting things like sex trafficking of minors, or genital mutilation in Middle Eastern societies.

Somewhere along the way liberal, western democracies became bastions of oppression towards women because of (take your pick):

1) WOW. JUST WOW
2) Women end up making slightly less than men because they major in marketing/communications over getting a STEM degree
3) It's a hate crime to point out that being obese is a boner killer...

but places like Somalia where women get passed around like joints as the trophies of war get a pass for some reason. Riddle me that.

OLDMAN: It’s our culture now, absolutely. At the Oscars, if you didn’t vote for 12 Years a Slave you were a racist. You have to be very careful about what you say. I do have particular views and opinions that most of this town doesn’t share, but it’s not like I’m a fascist or a racist. There’s nothing like that in my history.

Until now at least. Poor Gary. An immensely gifted actor, he just so happens to have traditional/red pill views. That's a serious no-no in Hollywood these days. His career will definitely suffer for this. I doubt he'll get the full Mel Gibson blacklisting, but he will take a hit. He seems to be winding down his career though, and I'm sure he's sitting on a fat stack of cash, so maybe he doesn't give a fuck anymore. Props to him regardless, it takes balls to say that shit on the record these days as a famous person.

[size=8pt]"For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.”[/size] [size=7pt] - Romans 8:18[/size]

He's a goddamn phenomenal actor, and it turns out he's got a head on his shoulders and doesn't tow the party line unquestioningly as well. Props to him.

He's not even saying he's right wing.

He's just saying that the left is being Machiavellian instead of treating everyone equally.

It's a good point.

Is ok for some people to say offensive things while others are allowed?

It is known fact that Gary was always a conservative/red pill or whatever you wanna call it leaning guy, which obviously sticks far more in Hollywood. I can't name any other Hollywood personality who went publicly with that sort of views, so props to him. His career would maybe be bigger (as in more commercial, more bigger roles) if he was a liberal, but he didn't care. I think he also chose roles based on time away from kids, he didn't want to compromise on that. There was also an interesting story/interview with him in GQ a couple of years ago, http://www.gq.com/entertainment/movies-a...nomination

As always, Steve Sailer has several posts on Hollywood conservatives:
http://www.unz.com/isteve/hollywoods-con...in-closet/
http://takimag.com/article/hormonal_poli...z2rCP87dxN

Gary Sinise gets a few mentions, also Kelsey Grammer (ironic since he's known for his role as the wettest liberal ever).

"I'd hate myself if I had that kind of attitude, if I were that weak." - Arnold

I give him mad props. The guy is probably one of my favorite actors of all time. "Tinker Tailor" didn't really blow up the way it should have but it was one of his best roles.

And here's the apology.

That's really disappointing that he's apologised for simply speaking his mind and speaking the uncomfortable (for some) truth.
His Agent or whoever obviously told him he wil never ever get work in Hollywood or anywhere connected with Hollywood ever again if he didn't apologise.
What a shame.
Already we can see how the likes of Buzzfeed, Vulture, etc are putting their poison spin on it to get maximum clicks:
"Gary Oldman apologises for anti-semitic remarks"
And the gullible masses will take this on face value like they are wont to do.

I did see a comment elsewhere that he went so far over the top, it was actually a complete non-apology that couldn't be challenged.

e.g. he used ridiculous lines like this:
"The Jewish People, persecuted thorough the ages, are the first to hear God’s voice, and surely are the chosen people."

The theory goes that if you say his apology isn't genuine, you're actually saying the Jews aren't the chosen people.

Not sure I believe it, but it's fun to imagine.

"I'd hate myself if I had that kind of attitude, if I were that weak." - Arnold

"Don't say the Jews control Hollywood or all the Jews will ban you from Hollywood!"

I've always stayed away from conversations about Jewish power, because I'm afraid the people talking about it are right, and I'll have another massive issue I disagree with mainstream society on that people will call me a bigot and racist for.

Mel Gibson is a great actor, and stars have kept their careers for less. It's a shame how the press has gone after him.

Every time a story like this pops up, it make me want to investigate the question further. The bully tactics of the left are what turned me against those groups - the gay lobby going after the jobs of those who disagree, the IRS scandal, etc. It's tribal warfare, and there is no tribe older than the tribe of Judah.

Read my work on Return of Kings here.

Dear Gentlemen of the ADL:

I am deeply remorseful that comments I recently made in the Playboy Interview were offensive to many Jewish people. Upon reading my comments in print — I see how insensitive they may be, and how they may indeed contribute to the furtherance of a false stereotype. Anything that contributes to this stereotype is unacceptable, including my own words on the matter. If, during the interview, I had been asked to elaborate on this point I would have pointed out that I had just finished reading Neal Gabler’s superb book about the Jews and Hollywood, An Empire of Their Own: How the Jews invented Hollywood. The fact is that our business, and my own career specifically, owes an enormous debt to that contribution.

I hope you will know that this apology is heartfelt, genuine, and that I have an enormous personal affinity for the Jewish people in general, and those specifically in my life. The Jewish People, persecuted thorough the ages, are the first to hear God’s voice, and surely are the chosen people.

I would like to sign off with ‘Shalom Aleichem’ — but under the circumstances, perhaps today I lose the right to use that phrase, so I will wish you all peace – Gary Oldman.

He knows that some crybabies have made sure that he won't be in another Hollywood movie. Pretty sad, considering he's a great actor.

His 'apology' is part of his rebellion, a rebellion we're seeing among many people today. The number of guys who have expressed "racist" or anti-feminist views has increased exponentially over the last few years. People are seeing past the hypocrisy of victim organizations.

I feel sorry for the vast majority of Jews - I have a lot of Jewish friends and believe that Ashkenazi culture is responsible for much of the innovation we see today. But the ADL and SWC crybabies, who think that Jews should be mollycoddled are the evil ones. Their actions will result in even more anti-semitism and Jews who are actually productive members of society will suffer because of them. I think realizing how many of my friends will suffer because of them makes me even more angry.

Worst part is that these groups will spew hatred against people who just defend the 1st Amendment rights of anti-semites but will defend Israel when it does something stupid. A lot of people will equate Jews with this communist minority, making the most innovative and productive ethnic group in America hated over the activities of a few.

As for rebellion, I think its hard to rebel when you're building up your career but after a certain point, you cannot hold it in any longer. Why do we have "angry old white men"? Because they know what's been going on and can't hold the "I'm a goody slave" image longer.

Sad how our culture is ruled by victim groups.

Quote: (06-24-2014 07:04 PM)scorpion Wrote:  

Until now at least. Poor Gary. An immensely gifted actor, he just so happens to have traditional/red pill views. That's a serious no-no in Hollywood these days. His career will definitely suffer for this. I doubt he'll get the full Mel Gibson blacklisting, but he will take a hit. He seems to be winding down his career though, and I'm sure he's sitting on a fat stack of cash, so maybe he doesn't give a fuck anymore. Props to him regardless, it takes balls to say that shit on the record these days as a famous person.

Didn't take long-

Surprise, surprise: Gary Oldman apologizes

After being roundly condemned by the Anti-Defamation League and the Simon Wiesenthal Center for what they consider anti-Semitic comments defending Mel Gibson in a Playboy interview, Gary Oldman has apologized with a statement to both groups.

People don't understand then when you are trying to piss someone off, your are going to pull out all the stops and might say the most racist hateful thing, even if you don't believe it.

You are going to try your hardest to get under the person's skin. You don't necessarily hate whatever ethnic group they are, but you do hate that individual in that moment and will do anything to push their buttons.

That's how people fight.

BTW, guys need to stop conflating Redpill with conservative. Redpill is about recognizing reality of whats going on. A lot of conservatives have their heads up there asses on that point.

It reads like he is trolling a bit with the apology.

I want to know what the deal is with all this. Have there ever been scientific studies, neuroscience stuff, done on these hypocritical SJW bastards?

Do they get dopamine hits from shitting their diapers, acting morally superior, and denouncing people? Is that what drives all this?

I watched a movie years ago about this history teacher trying to teach his students how it was possible for Nazism to appeal to people and take root (without telling them that was what he was doing) by conducting a social experiment in the classroom. He came up with a movement name, salutes, a vision, principles, propaganda, and all sorts of creepy shit over a period of weeks. At first the class was less than enthusiastic, but eventually they started really getting into it. The most losery kid in the class became the most diehard fascist fanatic, devoted wholeheartedly to the cause because that was all he had in life. When the teacher revealed what he was doing at the end of the movie that kid had a mental breakdown.

I can't remember what the title of that movie was, but recently I've been thinking about it more and more. SJWs remind me of that loser kid. They get off on being part of a mob of fat virginal howler monkeys because their own lives suck.

Or is there more to it than that?

Gary Oldman shouldn't have apologized. I would've preferred a Tyrion-esque courtroom speech calling them out on all their bullshit.

I'm firmly convinced most people don't respect a person who apologizes, even when they did something wrong, so I just don't do it.

"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar, De Bello Gallico, Book III, Ch. 18

I'd like to know why Oldman's assertion that Jews run Hollywood is not seen as a positive statement.
I don't see acknowledging a cultural or industrial strength to be "negative stereotyping."
I guess only Jews can mention the Jews.
And only other Jews can say that Jews run Hollywood.

The article did not offend me because I can read someone else's provocative statements and not be offended by them.
Words aren't scary.

Quote: (06-25-2014 02:04 PM)TheWastelander Wrote:  

I want to know what the deal is with all this. Have there ever been scientific studies, neuroscience stuff, done on these hypocritical SJW bastards?

Do they get dopamine hits from shitting their diapers, acting morally superior, and denouncing people? Is that what drives all this?

I imagine it's the modern day version of "praying in public" (Matthew 6:5) - a satisfying and sanctimonious way to demonstrate your moral purity to those around you.

I watched a movie years ago about this history teacher trying to teach his students how it was possible for Nazism to appeal to people and take root (without telling them that was what he was doing) by conducting a social experiment in the classroom. He came up with a movement name, salutes, a vision, principles, propaganda, and all sorts of creepy shit over a period of weeks. At first the class was less than enthusiastic, but eventually they started really getting into it. The most losery kid in the class became the most diehard fascist fanatic, devoted wholeheartedly to the cause because that was all he had in life. When the teacher revealed what he was doing at the end of the movie that kid had a mental breakdown.

I can't remember what the title of that movie was, but recently I've been thinking about it more and more. SJWs remind me of that loser kid. They get off on being part of a mob of fat virginal howler monkeys because their own lives suck.

The movie was The Wave from 1981 - when I was in high school, they actually had us watch this film as part of our history class.

Gary Oldman shouldn't have apologized. I would've preferred a Tyrion-esque courtroom speech calling them out on all their bullshit.

I'm firmly convinced most people don't respect a person who apologizes, even when they did something wrong, so I just don't do it.

I agree, but it's an easier stand to take when it's not your job that's on the line.

Quote: (06-25-2014 02:30 PM)Renzy Wrote:  

The movie was The Wave from 1981 - when I was in high school, they actually had us watch this film as part of our history class.

Movie based on real events:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Third_Wave

The experiment took place at Cubberley High School in Palo Alto, California, during the first week of April 1967.[1] Jones, finding himself unable to explain to his students how the German population could have claimed ignorance of the extermination of the Jewish people, decided to demonstrate it to them instead.[3] Jones started a movement called "The Third Wave" and told his students that the movement aimed to eliminate democracy.[1] The idea that democracy emphasizes individuality was considered as a drawback of democracy, and Jones emphasized this main point of the movement in its motto: "Strength through discipline, strength through community, strength through action, strength through pride."[1]

The experiment was not well documented at the time. Of contemporary sources, the experiment is only mentioned in the Cubberley High School student newspaper, The Cubberley Catamount. It is only briefly mentioned in two issues,[4][5] and one more issue of the paper has a longer article about this experiment at its conclusion.[1] Jones himself wrote a detailed account of the experiment some nine years afterwards[3] and more articles about the experiment followed, including some interviews with Jones and the original students.[2]

^^^ Off topic, but The Wave is an AMAZING film. Might do an article on it, it's so good.

Read my work on Return of Kings here.

Was randomly youtubing and found this

Feel free to PM me for wine advice or other stuff
ROK Article: 5 Reasons To Have Wine On A Date
RVF Wine Thread