rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Santa Barbara, CA Data Sheet 2014

This is long overdue and I should have added it a bit back at least so here it goes:

Keynote Address: Being a bartender at one of the poppin' bars and being a yoga instructor for the other half of your income would result in ungodly gross amounts of a college, international college, and international tourist pussy. Sometimes I want to leave my career for this, but I think farther ahead to location independence and wealth.

The Major Pros:
- 2 major colleges and several minor grad schools adding up to a student population of roughly 50k in an area with about 150k people (adjacent towns included)
- Busted dudes test slightly passes, once in awhile I will see a guy a full point to a full point and a half below a girl and notice.
- There are more women at these universities than men by a few %
- There are a small but very noticeable number of international girls and tourists floating around, I have met: Norwegian, German, South African, Dutch, Singporean, Chinese, French, & Austrian so far.
- State Street is the main day and night life main street of SB and has a good range of bars, nice restaurants with bars, and a few clubs. (40+ in a 6 block long stretch)
- Isla Vista which is a small neighborhood community packed with college students on the ocean is an 8 mile distance away (UCSB campus as well)
- People here are isolated far enough away from L.A. that most people stay to party when they live here. All adjacent towns have no nightlife. All the 150k people in the immediate area come to State St. or live and party in Isla Vista.
- It is a small area population but is demographically heavily shifted in the right direction (young chicks) when school is in session. During summer there are tons of visitors and tourists.
- Everyone is physically active and loves drinking. Every person is either obsessed with wine, beer, or just drinking in general.
- There are many many local wines and craft beers to choose from.
- Summer attract many tourists, many times chick that want to wine taste and shop.
- Santa Barbara attract higher class women (much less tattoos and short hair than usual, almost no truly trashy girls to speak of)

The Major Cons:
- For nightlife if you get bored of your 10 favorite places on State St. Or are tired of partying in Isla Vista (students more than likely) you are shit of out luck.
- If you are 35+ you will most likely be the oldest guy
- If you do not go after girls under 25 your targets it will really start to feel like a small town for you.
- Online dating is extremely sparse. Tinder has extreme quality, but only about 5-15 new girls a day and I haven't gotten any solid lead from above a 6. I am not very photogenic, male 7 on a good day.
- Just like there are hot party girls here, there are good looking party guys although guys here just like anywhere else are getting more beta than ever. Still many guys here look good with their shirts off (no homo). They stay tan and in decent shape and have decent genetics. Santa Barbara attracts people that know it exists and what it is like. Rich people know it exists and what it is like so it is their kids and their friends' kids that come here.
- Real estate is quite expensive if you want to live here long term.
- If you aren't into a vast majority white chicks or feel out of place as one of the very very few non-White or even non-Gentile haha (very rare to meet Jews around) you may be lonely. There are Latinas and a chunk of Asians both in the student population and as locals, but the vast majority are not attractive so you won't be spending time around them.

The Women:
It seems overwhelmingly white and this comes from a guy that came from white areas of Orange County, CA. If you like blondes this is your place. I would say the stereotypical SB girl is 5'6" blonde between 19-23 thin, active and a 6.5 - 7.3. Black girls are rare, but I have banged one here from South Africa. There are may very FOB Indian and Asian girls attending both major college, but I don't even bother. White wash Asians are very hard to find. I have seen about 3 good looking Asian girls since living here. I like Asians too. The girls are very pleasant. Everyone feels like they are on vacation living by the ocean in a small, but ritzy area.

I have no complaints about Santa Barbara girls, yes the 7.5+ are tougher to hook like anywhere, but I can only remember a few even slightly bitch moves night or day unless my Game was way off.

In downtown SB near State St. you see many girls riding their bikes to a restaurant industry job or to yoga that are in their mid 20s. There is a smattering of small grad schools around town, and just other girls that had a rich friend they knew here and wanted to move by the beach. I have met transplant girls from all over so far. Many UCSB graduate girls stay more so than males it seems due to the limited job market. Chicks don't care if their career advances as much they just love living here.

Again all very white. Many student girls are from the Bay Area, but are probably the cream of the Bay Area (sorry you sad sad players from all the horror stories of the Bay Area). The most laid back, feminine, and probably hottest girls from up there gravitate here for college.

There is a decent portion of the student populations that are Latina, but frankly most are not attractive. There are many poorer Latino families around SB especially near State St. in some smaller cramped housing with whole families in small units. None of the chicks in these families are hot. All overweight and short.

Come here for young white chicks, and a smaller portion of white cougars. Anything else is just a rare bonus. The thing I notice here is most every girl tries her best to stay active, not gain weight, and dress at least somewhat sexy to capitalize on her looks. This means a ton of 6.5-7.5.... 8+ is still rare I remember in one night out I saw about 10-15 true 8's at different venues being the most I had seen in one night. Many nights are just tons of 6.5+ with a very good portion being 7.0-7.5.

Way LESS chicks here smoke weed than I would have thought. I went to Boulder for college. Way MORE chicks smoke weed there. I hear also up in Santa Cruz and the Bay or LA I know for a fact more chick smoke weed. I thought 2/3 girls here would love weed. Nope more like 1 in 5 or less! Everyone loves to drink though.

You will get tourist women from all over. I have met backpackers from Germany, a girl on vacation from Spain (8+), girls from Brazil (some 7+s) etc... but it is still more a semi-rare treat than all over the place.

Who SB is Good For:
White guys and especially good for Black dudes. For a black guy you are exotic and the thing many college girls want to try out here when I look around. Doesn't matter if you are classy or thug. I have seen hot girls attracted to both.

This is not an intellectual town. It is an outdoor active and party town. People surf, paddleboard, hike, yoga, run etc... then drink a ton of wine or get smashed on the weekends. Drunken kickball leagues are big here and things of that nature. Being at least somewhat active and liking to drink is almost crucial to playerdom here.

Asian and Indian guys would have it rougher here on average I would imagine due to the lack of diversity. Your women and men here are on the weaker side, so your image is pushed lower. It is a WHITE town.

Hispanics may do okay, but I do not see any Latino dudes with white pussy here often. The Latinos here are mostly poor and lower class. I think this may also reflect more than in a diverse urban area where everyone blends together. It is a ritzy white SoCal town.

Logistics:
There are only 2 places you want to live in the SB area as a player. Within 2 blocks of lower State Street or in Isla Vista in a place that within 2 blocks from campus so girls can easily drop by your place to or from their way to campus. If you live in some far corner of IV I could see girls less willing to just drop by for a jay or some food you made etc...

Not all but the majority of UCSB and SBCC girls (under 21 that are unfamiliar with the State St. bar scene especially) that live in IV are VERY hard to get out of IV for a first date if you meet them in day game. Many don't have cars and think downtown SB is a million miles away and they don't want to ride the bus or want you to pick them up.

If I was Gio I would live in IV a block from campus. I like the option of nightlife, plus I have met several girls that are SBCC girls (located near downtown) that don't live in IV. Plus newly graduated UCSB girls that don't want to leave SB get sick of IV and move downtown.

Nightlife:

Last call is early 1:15ish they turn the lights on and start pushing people to leave. It is a college town, but chicks get dressed up in heels to feel like they are going out on the town so a suit could be impressive. I would go full suit or wear a fresh baseball hat (maybe backwards) for the college vibe with jeans and fashionable shoes. A surfer look is also popular. Colorful flannel, scruff, backwards hat, skater shoes.

State St. is pretty much dead Monday-Wednesday.

Thursday = college night, the best bar nights of the year are the FIRST Thursday of each UCSB quarter (21+ girls). SBCC has way less 21+ chickies.

I have found on an average weekend Thursday-Saturday that 2 of the 3 will be decent out one will be dead. That dead day is usually Friday in my opinion simply because college people went out Thursday and save up again for Saturday. If you come from outta town try to hit either Thursday or Saturday I would say.

Sunday has gay night at the Wildcat which brings lots of a straight girls with gay friends.

Clubs:

Eos -
Best talent, youngest hottest girls, line can start building around 11pm. Get there at 10:30 if you don't want hassles. Smooth hand shake the door guy a $20 to cut the line. Probably 150 people fit in this place. One main dance floor with a long bar. Across the way is a smaller dance floor. Both may have live DJ's. Each have their own bar. There is back area patio for smoking with booths and deck. An indoor/outdoor vibe. Nice place to cool off. 90%+ white people. Top place to pick up quality.

Tonic -
Used to be better, now it attract a lower class more thug crowdy and some trashier chicks. It feels like people from 2 and 3 towns away are shuttling in to go this place where before it was 2/3+ Santa barbara college chicks, now I don't bother going. Rectangle bar, big dancefloor and DJ on one side. Huge outdoor patio with a circle bar. I find the crowd here much colder to approach. I wouldn't recommend unless you feel out of place where it is all white people. Huge lines form if it gets busy as early as 10:30-10:45.

Wildcat -
Top place to pick up a drunk piece of ass. Looks like a strip club inside. Cheesy but awesome red and black theme. Checker tile dancefloor. Multicolor dance lights. Go go dancers on raised platforms (girls get up there too). Stiff drinks. An everybody crowd and is the place everyone goes to at the end of the night. Sometimes a long line starts after 12AM, but it usually moves fast. Back outdoor area patio again like every other club to smoke and sit in booths. Everybody and anybody ends up here but many hot chicks will come and go as well.

Indochine -
More of a bar with a tiny dance floor and DJ but there is talent when the dance floor is packed. The dancefloor has a ledge up against the storefront window to State St.. Girls love to get up there and attention whore dance. The bar is right next to the dancefloor, good vortex zone. Small outdoor patio with back bar to smoke again. Never hard to get in.

Bars:

Cadiz -
Highest end nightlife bar in SB. Get there early, right after dinner ends 9:30-10:00pm, approach girls getting drinks at the bar before it gets packed fast it is tiny inside, has an outdoor front area for smoking. Very loud inside and shaded inside. It is trying to do high-end L.A.. I have seen the highest quality here, although less patrons because of the size. It turns into a sardine can mixed with a shark tank past 11:30 on a busy night. Hard to game the place when it gets packed, everyone knows each other at that point as well. Get in early and strike early. It is a good place to lock down if you want to get to know high end rollers in the small SB scene. I can smell money in here from the trust fund kids. All white. Preppier, mixed with some local surf guys with cred.

Sandbar -
Like Tonic it was better quality in my opinion then seemed to attract regional locals outside SB. Very diverse, more thuggish as time goes on it seems. Trashier girls. More hispanic chicks. Tiny dance floor, cramped bar. Lots of outdoor seating and booths with heat lamps. I don't like the set up of this venue I think it is bad for gaming. If you don't want to be around all whites then it will be better for you.

Sharkeez -
Cheesy decor. Cheesy music. Mixed crowd. Usually not the best talent except on a rare Thursday college night. I don't go often. It is less white, and more latino though. Has a decent size dance floor. I usually stay away unless I am scrambling on a slow night.

Joe's -
The pregame place with strong drinks. At its best between 9-10:30pm.
It is an extremely long bar that is well lit. The restaurant clears out all the tables and chairs from the bar side and it slowly gets packed. Friend groups come here to talk and get an extremely strong cheap first drink or two to start the night off. Each drink is practically a double pour. There is a reason it so popular to start off the night. Can be easy to strike up conversation when you are elbowed next to a chick at the bar. Good warm up spot, but I have found poor for pick up overall. It feels too much like Cheers where everyone knows your name. Not anonymous enough.

Funk Zone bars:

These bars are about 3 blocks south of the main area of lower State St towards the pier and the beach, but are cool and worth checking out especially in the afternoon. More locals' bars and a bit older crowd later 20s to mid 30s.

Sevens (Right next to Spearmint Rhino)-
Square bar with some tables, much more local bar. Outdoor patio. Cool decor. Bit of an older 20s - early 30s crowd.

Figueroa Mountain Brewery-
Decent beer, nice atmosphere, wood tables, wood floors, outdoor patio feels like being at someones BBQ. Dogs allowed etc...

This "Funk Zone" area is surrounded by little wine tasting rooms everywhere so pop in if you like wine. Sets are tough to infiltrate in the wine tasting rooms, mostly groups of 3 or 4 girls not looking to get hit on or are tourists from out of town leaving same day it feels like.

Fancy smaller bars:

Blush-
If there is anyone there it is earlier around 9-10. Classier place, larger wine selection. Best shot are few chicks pre-gaming with a drink out on the classy patio before hitting a club later.

Blue Agave-
Small downstairs bar with people hanging out, again you may catch some people pre-gaming earlier 9-11 before going elsewhere.

The Pub Bar Bars:

I don't ever go to these except for date 1's, but if bar bars are more your speed take a crack. I will list them least divey to most divey:

James Joyce - darts, live folk music usually, small dance floor, darts, pool?
Dargan's Irish Pub - pool, darts, live folk band
O'Malleys - medium dance floor, back patio bar
Press Rooms - small
Old King's Road - dark & small
Whiskey Richard's (aka Whiskey Dick's) - small dance floor and pool

Night Game Path Gameplan

8pm:

Option A: You only going to start and stay on State Street the entire night.

Hit Blush and Blue Agave really fast to see if there are any sets sitting at the bar if not fuck it. Move on to Joe's and relax with a strong drink. Scope out the dinner crowd.

Option B: You are coming from Isla Vista or just want to ride Bill's Bus to state (filled with drunk and high college kids - do on a Thursday).

Get a first drink at the Study Hall or Dublin's in IV then catch Bill's Bus to State Street. Or stay in IV and party with college chicks if you have an in...

9:00 pm:

Option A: Stay at Joe's and see how the crowd develops until 10:30pm.

Option B: Walk down State and pop-in Sand Bar, Sharkeez, James Joyce, or O'Malleys to see any girls at the bar.

9:30 pm:

Option A: Head to Cadiz and check if dinner is over and if you can get in. Even if it is empty I would stay until 10:30 at the bar in case talent comes in.

Option B: Either Joe's is poppin' and you are having a good time or you got in with a set in the other bars I mentioned or on State St.

10:30 pm:

Tough decision time this is when you should leave to one of the 4 clubs if you are going to experience the most of SB nightlife. If you have a good set stay in it or bring them with to dance and get fucked up.

Option A: Indochine - should not be hard to pop-in and out, it is the furthest walk down State so better to check it early. If you are not down with greasing a door guy $20 bucks at another club I would not come here if you don't want to waste time. Can be a hidden gem, just know getting into the other clubs later will be longer without greasing. Definitely leave by 11:15pm if it isn't starting to fill up at all.

Option B: Go straight to Eos and probably have a short and easy line to get through and in to get settled.

11:30pm+

Ok you are either at one of the bars or clubs I mentioned doing well or not. Doesn't matter if you need a venue change with a girl or some girls, or you are having bad luck you need to turn around you probably only have one option....

Last Option Or Bust: Wildcat until close - 1:15 or so.

2:00pm +

You should be out doing street game on drunk chicks and in the food lines. Having a jay on you is always a nice icebreaker, or a flask for girls that curse the last call.

What if this doesn't work?

Well there is one last stop that is easy a 15 minute walk or a 2 minute taxi ride away.

Spearmint Fucking Rhino.

That's right we have the world famous Gentlemen's Club branched out here right in SB. Only usually 6 or 7 strippers on duty and seating for about 40-50 guys so it is pretty intimate haha. First time I was there a few weeks ago and I found out my trashy hot 21yo latina neighbor strips there! She was the hottest one. Full-nude, no alcohol. 18+.

Place starts closing at 4am unless you sit and wait for a lap dance. They go as long as guys are waiting for lap dances.

After Close Food Eating:

Avoid this if you have chicks. The food lines and drunks can cockblock.
There is Romanti's for Mexican. Nardonne's for pizza by the slice to go. Both of these are right next to the Wildcat. Velvet Jones for jalapeno mac and cheese (terrible shits).

Day Game:

UCSB, SBCC, IV around the loop, lower State Street, the Paseo Nueva outdoor mall on lower State Street, the beach path from Ledbetter Beach to East Beach along Cabrillo St. (along the ocean next to downtown SB where State St. hits the peer)

Festivals:

Solstice - late June, outdoor drinking, closing off State St., packed

Spanish Days (Fiesta) - late July early August weekend filled with Spanish heritage festivities, food, outdoor, music, drinking, packed with tourists.

Halloween Weekend - tons of college girls out at the bars each night. IV was locked down by cops this year it sucked.

Brews at the Beach - afternoon beer event at the beach in March with 20+ beer tents and live music

Zoo Brew - in May I believe you pay to get into the local zoo and get drunk on beer, it sells out in the first 5 minutes.

Santa Barbara Wine Festival - I believe it is in winter

Santa Barbara Film Festival - winter, cool films, lots of out of towners,
celebrities

The FIRST Thrusday night of Fall, Winter, and Spring quarter at UCSB. State Street is packed with college girls, IV is going nuts.

More to come...

SENS Foundation - help stop age-related diseases

Quote: (05-19-2016 12:01 PM)Giovonny Wrote:  
If I talk to 100 19 year old girls, at least one of them is getting fucked!
Quote:WestIndianArchie Wrote:
Am I reacting to her? No pussy, all problems
Or
Is she reacting to me? All pussy, no problems

Great data sheet. I lived there about ten years ago and it sounds like things are still more or less the same.

Quote: (06-20-2014 01:45 AM)SeanBateman Wrote:  

Great data sheet. I lived there about ten years ago and it sounds like things are still more or less the same.

Thanks, I hope to add more info, but Santa Barbara really is a small straightforward place. Everything else gets into niches like local surf spots, food spots, and wine etc...

I tried to aim it at players coming here for a weekend.

Or

+1. Nice man, Ill have to check it out sometime. Would being Irish have much of an exotic factor down there?

Quote: (06-20-2014 02:05 AM)Atlantic Wrote:  

+1. Nice man, Ill have to check it out sometime. Would being Irish have much of an exotic factor down there?

Yes. You should know this already though. There is a very large portion of American girls that go absolutely wild for Irish or English accents.

You would do very well because the international students tend to be Chinese, French, or Scandanavian.

I have not met one Englishman or Irishman here. You would be very rare indeed. Santa Barbara is great for laid back + likes to drink and party.

Or

If I am not around in SB anyone can follow the "Night Game Path Game Plan" section in Night Game and have a great night without me because it is exactly what I would do when taking anyone around anyways.

State St. has tons of great restaurants so not worth even bothering going over just use Yelp.

Lilly's Tacos and Mony's are hidden gems if you like hole in the wall real Mexican food. Both are downtown, Mony's is in the Funk Zone, near Spearmint Rhino lol.

Or

Cool sheet, never seen a thorough breakdown of State Street before. I'd disagree on your point about Latinas, though. I've seen tons at UCSB who are extremely attractive. Yeah, there are a bunch who are fat feminist types, but there's an equal number of really attractively girls. Also, if you're an Indian dude, go for the Indian girls here. The average Indian guy at UCSB is such a massive vagina that the Indian girls here will be pretty shocked to meet a cool Indian dude. Daygame is a good option for this, since everyone in the Indian community knows each other; if you hook up with one of them at a party, all of her friends will know, and it'll be game over in terms of banging the rest of them. The quality here isn't as good as it is in UCLA, but it's still decent. The Indian girls here are a lot more laid back and less judgemental than they are in other places.

What I love about UCSB is that it's a place where an average dude can get laid at least semi-regularly, without any real work on his part. Most people I know graduated freshman year having fucked five or six girls, which isn't bad considering that most didn't try all that hard to do so.

The 2 days I was in SB I got the impression that social networking was all there was to it. If you didn't have an in with the crowd you were nobody. It was like LA wound up 10x.

Hoping being Australian would help also [Image: wink.gif]

How would a late 30s guy that could pass for 30 go there? I've wanted to go there and Santa Cruz forever.

Quote: (06-20-2014 02:54 PM)Agastya Wrote:  

Cool sheet, never seen a thorough breakdown of State Street before. I'd disagree on your point about Latinas, though. I've seen tons at UCSB who are extremely attractive. Yeah, there are a bunch who are fat feminist types, but there's an equal number of really attractively girls. Also, if you're an Indian dude, go for the Indian girls here. The average Indian guy at UCSB is such a massive vagina that the Indian girls here will be pretty shocked to meet a cool Indian dude. Daygame is a good option for this, since everyone in the Indian community knows each other; if you hook up with one of them at a party, all of her friends will know, and it'll be game over in terms of banging the rest of them. The quality here isn't as good as it is in UCLA, but it's still decent. The Indian girls here are a lot more laid back and less judgemental than they are in other places.

I was referring the city of Santa Barbara overall especially as an outsider coming in for a weekend.

In and around downtown Santa Barbara 98%+ of the Latinas are busted, and in percentages it is a decent demographic size of the city itself.

There are some attractive Latinas on campus, but also lots of frumpy ones compared to the white chicks imo. The asian chicks in my experience floating around campus as a day gamer are mostly FOBs by a small margin, are rarely above a flat 6.

You should write a Data Sheet for UCSB and IV. That is an entirely different matter for students going there. My datasheet is from the view of an outsider past college age visiting or wanting to live in downtown SB most likely.

Or

Quote: (06-20-2014 04:39 PM)Vicious Wrote:  

The 2 days I was in SB I got the impression that social networking was all there was to it. If you didn't have an in with the crowd you were nobody. It was like LA wound up 10x.

Maybe this is dependent on age. Like I've said before it is not an intellectual town. If you come in for a weekend looking young and being in shape is a big deal imo compared to other big cities where style and life experiences etc work more.

There definitely is a young attractive crowd from wealthier families that congregates as mentioned at places like Cadiz. The college kids and transplants coming in and out mixed with tourists nullifies this for 85% of people you would run into out in nightlife.

Beyond the trust fund attractive crowd and their cohorts is a large industry crowd from restaurants, bars, hotels, and hospitality that all tend to know each other. Most of the industry people are alcoholics and just floating around. I know some people in that crowd, but prefer to chase college chicks and not industry girls that are working when I am off and vice versa.

Or

Quote: (06-20-2014 02:54 PM)Agastya Wrote:  

What I love about UCSB is that it's a place where an average dude can get laid at least semi-regularly, without any real work on his part. Most people I know graduated freshman year having fucked five or six girls, which isn't bad considering that most didn't try all that hard to do so.

I've seen quite a few nerdy looking dudes on campus. The sciences and engineering seem to be big at UCSB. Are all those dudes banging 5+ chicks freshman year as well? If so that is very impressive.

Or

Quote: (06-21-2014 10:49 AM)hedonist Wrote:  

Hoping being Australian would help also [Image: wink.gif]

How would a late 30s guy that could pass for 30 go there? I've wanted to go there and Santa Cruz forever.

Yes the Australian accent would help, but in America overall I hear most chicks pining for an English accent (most common) or Irish accent. Still a significant DHV.

If you really look 30 yes.

Mid 30s is really pushing it. Late 30s you better have extremely tight game and be in great shape.

Or the alternative is to go out earlier to fancy restaurant bars and hunt cougars (they are many hot ones for cougars). I know nothing of this scene, but I know it has a very very strong presence.

Or

Sweet write-up. Next time I'm visiting SoCal which may be sometime this summer I'll have to drop by SB. Your report and the stories from Azulsombra(who I talk to regularly offline) makes me regret having never spent much time up there. When you're in L.A., SB always seemed like a place you either went to for college or a place guys take their serious girlfriends for a weekend getaway. I knew there was a lot of pussy up there, but figured that once you're past mid twenties it's off limits. Now I'm starting to realize that age doesn't matter as much as I thought it did.

I was just looking at this Santa Barbara prankster's video at a store on State Street and man, all that sweet young tail up there makes me kick myself for going to Cal State instead of UCSB. WTF was I thinking, it's the greatest pussy paradise west of the Rockies. [Image: punchballs.gif]

edit --

Travesty, how many girls can you find in the 25-30 range? SB always felt like an all or nothing sort of place. Either everyone was college young, or they were older locals(cougars, rich retirees etc). Are late 20s girls completely absent from the scene? I'm late 30s even though I can still pass for a decade younger. A few people last year thought I was 24 which even I think is a bit crazy, but most people guess me around 28-32. I figure late 20s girls would be an ok option. I'm not ready for cougars yet!

I'm considering coming down on July 4th weekend.... Either that or the Calgary stampede which I've done before

I've been wanting to check out SB forever! Fell in love with San Diego many years ago....

Just got back from Summer Solstice. Biggest day is Saturday from Noon-7pm at Alameda Park on mid-State St. They close off a huge section to beer and wine tents.

This is a perfect event if you are a big event gamer and feel good in a big crowd. For this event I'd say you need to look good. The vast majority are showing skin and are in good shape.

Very helpful to have a wing that is good looking, even 3 or 4 guys together can work well to hit a group of girls which tended to be large (4+). I ended up hitting on 2 different girls each in groups of more than 8 people. This is tough anyway you cut it. Especially at a big outdoor sunny alcohol event everyone is ADD and speaking game counts for very little verse your looks.

Probably saw about a crowd of 3,000-5,000 people passing in and out, 23-34ish that as a collective large group were the best looking I've ever seen in one spot on this Earth inside the fenced off wristband area of the beer garden.

95% white. And not sorta white. Anglo-Saxon / Nordic white. Coming from Orange County with the tons of Asians and Hispanics all over nightlife, this feels like Newport Beach only even whiter, but much more jovial and laid back.

Lot of hot girls in sun dress and also tons of male 8+'s. Guys rocking tank tops, nice watches, prep, surfer, and so on that look like they are from beach wear magazines. Not many college chicks, everyone went home. I honestly felt out of my league looks wise a bit from all the guys there and I am very tall male low 7 in looks. I shook off those feelings after a couple beers and hit on some girls.

Tonight on State St. It seemed like a normal night traffic wise so definitely go for the day event at the park and close or number crunch to meet later that night. Been out for 10 hours today, still thinking bout hitting State tonight.

So yes, there is a significant mid to late 20s section of girls, but many more are in serious relationships and are in the local-in scene that are attractive. Most of my same age friends late 20s early 30s are in relationships here as well. I have not put any energy into being in the local scene which as previously stated much is trust-fund kids or kids that move here and join the hospitality industry for a few years of partying on the beach then maybe parlay that into a career job.

Chicks under 24 and still in college are usually less likely to be in relationships and have less bitch shields in my experience. A greater proportion are also open to meeting new people especially the 21-22 year old ones out at the bars vs. the 18-20 yo that only do house parties.

I'd like to avoid gaming girls 24-30 altogether in America if I can avoid it. I agree with Heartiste it is the worst bracket by far, unless they girl is strongly physically attracted to you off the bat and can't hide it. Rare for me. More younger or older girls are more aggressive with me.

Quote: (06-21-2014 03:49 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

Travesty, how many girls can you find in the 25-30 range? SB always felt like an all or nothing sort of place. Either everyone was college young, or they were older locals(cougars, rich retirees etc). Are late 20s girls completely absent from the scene? I'm late 30s even though I can still pass for a decade younger. A few people last year thought I was 24 which even I think is a bit crazy, but most people guess me around 28-32. I figure late 20s girls would be an ok option. I'm not ready for cougars yet!

Or

Send you a PM Travesty444
I might be heading down fri & sat night for anyone that wants to go out on the prowl [Image: smile.gif]

Forgot to mention a great pre-game spot with good burgers is Eureka burger on Chapala 2 blocks from the action on State. Probably drop $20-25 with a burger and 2 pre-game drinks.

Great from 7-10pm, some nights there is live music from around 8-10. Lots of talent, but usually in mixed sets. The waitresses and hostess are usually cute to hot as well. Many good looking girls passing by in the outdoor mall it is at the edge of so if you sit out on the patio you could holler at a few. Medium sized restaurant and bar probably seats ~100-150 people.

For afternoon drinking on the beach there is the Shoreline Cafe on Cabrillo across from SBCC. The patio touches the sand. Most of the waitresses are cute. Mixed crowd with many locals. It is not full of just college kids drinking their faces off as you would expect. If you have beach game though there are a few targets around, or if you just want to day drink a bit before going out at night. Smaller place seats ~80.

Or

Traversty,

Great datasheet. Never been there myself, but definitely know it exists. Sounds like a cool place. Can you explain why Santa Barbara doesn't seem to attract many start-ups, tech or otherwise. It sounds like a much nicer place to be than the Bay area, but not too far if you need to travel there for meetings. (At least) two big universities for founders or employees, nice weather, laid back, cheaper real estate than Silicon Valley (I'd guess). I'd expect the town to be experiencing the biggest gain in start-ups on the West Coast.

Like your comments that people with English accents would do well there, and references to South Africans there, since I have at least a pseudo "RP" English accent and deep roots in South Africa, despite having more useful passports, thank goodness. But I am much older than the target group so too bad. Still think that SB sounds like the ideal West Cost start-up hub though. Close enough to the Bay area, even closer to LA.

Quote: (07-14-2014 12:50 PM)Bad Hussar Wrote:  

Can you explain why Santa Barbara doesn't seem to attract many start-ups, tech or otherwise.

Actually, there are a few tech companies around Santa Barbara. The reason you don't seem to know about them is that most of them are part of the infamous military-industrial complex.

I am talking about companies like Raytheon and FLIR Systems. Santa Barbara is the infrared capital of the world. Then, there are also a few companies doing MEMS. There is at least one robotics company. And there's Toyon working on more military tech.

You need U.S. citizenship and a security clearance to work at many of these places. Without a security clearance, they may hire you as an entry-level engineer, but you won't rise very high. And good luck getting a security clearance if you speak foreign languages, have non-American friends abroad, and have traveled outside the USA. The people who get security clearances tend to be similar to the ones doing the due diligence: boring Midwestern betas who only speak English and who never left the USA.

There are also a few companies started by UCSB professors, e.g., Mayachitra (image informatics), Transphorm (power conversion), etc. To join one of these, you probably need to do a MSc or PhD at UCSB, impress a bunch of professors, and consider yourself lucky if they invite you to work at their companies.

There are also a few "script kiddie" startups doing smartphone and tablet apps. You don't need a security clearance or UCSB degree to work at those.

"The great secret of happiness in love is to be glad that the other fellow married her." – H.L. Mencken

SB does have a fair share of small companies and start ups for its population size. Many are Ruby on Rails SaaS conpanies. A few others are lower level firmware.

Santa Barbara is isolated and expensive. Real estate is extremely expensive therefore good long term enployees looking to settle down with a family are harder to find. Beyond this SB is also just out of sight out of mind for many people.

That said extremely wealthy people own tons of residential real estate here for good reason it is a truly unique place isolated from the masses.

Or

^^^ Icarus & Travesty

Interesting input. Difficult to imagine that real estate is more expensive than a nice neighborhood in the Bay area, but I guess if SB has had very restrictive zoning laws for a very long time that could explain it. Maybe good for very early stage startups where nearly all the employees are young and renting small apartments, rather than looking for the family house.

Interesting comments about security clearance. But that kind of blinkered mentality is going to get the security agencies into trouble. It's a big world out there and a staff of only middle Americans is not going to give you the insight you need. I suspect that for people analyzing and interpreting data and making recommendations, rather than building "top secret" systems/objects, they are not that blinkered.

My US city of choice to live would be New York, but on the West Coast I think I'd definitely be looking at somewhere like SB rather than LA or San Francisco.

Quote: (07-15-2014 11:36 AM)Bad Hussar Wrote:  

Difficult to imagine that real estate is more expensive than a nice neighborhood in the Bay area

A nice studio in downtown Santa Barbara / Goleta can be rented for $1200 per month, which is much cheaper than in a nice neighborhood of San Francisco or Palo Alto at the moment.

Santa Barbara is arguably the nicest place to live in the whole United States. I lived in SB a few years ago, so I am admittedly biased. In SB you have a Mediterranean climate and architecture, a laid-back hedonistic culture in which people do enjoy good food and good wine (and don't feel guilty about it), and lots of beautiful girls (mostly 18-22 y.o.). It's almost too good to be true.

SB has the joie de vivre that the Bay Area lacks. They call SB the American Riviera for a reason.

"The great secret of happiness in love is to be glad that the other fellow married her." – H.L. Mencken

Quote: (07-15-2014 11:36 AM)Bad Hussar Wrote:  

^^^ Icarus & Travesty

Interesting input. Difficult to imagine that real estate is more expensive than a nice neighborhood in the Bay area, but I guess if SB has had very restrictive zoning laws for a very long time that could explain it. Maybe good for very early stage startups where nearly all the employees are young and renting small apartments, rather than looking for the family house.

Interesting comments about security clearance. But that kind of blinkered mentality is going to get the security agencies into trouble. It's a big world out there and a staff of only middle Americans is not going to give you the insight you need. I suspect that for people analyzing and interpreting data and making recommendations, rather than building "top secret" systems/objects, they are not that blinkered.

My US city of choice to live would be New York, but on the West Coast I think I'd definitely be looking at somewhere like SB rather than LA or San Francisco.

There are a good amount of mid 20s girls that move here because of a friend or family member and wanted to live by the beach. Also I am sure plenty of divorcees and milfs, but I don't even pay attention to them. You can carve out a niche as an older guy, but I just assume NY or LA would offer so many more targets if game is a primary concern you are most likely better off.

I really wonder how good Seeking Arrangement game is here. It could be spectacular if you have $ for the fancy apps, drinks, hotel room, or nice crib.

Or

Been to the Santa Barbara Bowl? I heard its pretty great for concerts. Ringo Star was there this weekend.