rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Exposé on CS as a hookup medium

https://www.couchsurfing.org/n/threads/m...decided-to

I thought the doco created by this Couchsurfer is worth sharing because it brings to attention something of very common knowledge in the CS community.

As someone involved in CS for 2 years, I can attest that hook-up culture is very much prevalent in these circles, simply because people are bound to hook up in any medium -- least of all travellers.

Next to every girl I've travelled with will verify that for every "genuine" travel companion she meets, a good 30+ messages/requests/host invites will swamp her CS inbox offering sundry 'services', 'good times' and the like. [Image: dodgy.gif] Ad she doesn't even need to be travelling alone nor attractive for that to happen.

I put it down to the hordes of thirsty betas that have latched onto CS, especially those that are drawn to the premise of 'easy white and Asian travellers'. This bastardises some of the most human aspects she brought up: I think almost anyone would factor in physical appearances when screening one's profile. Considering how superficial humans are, you'd think that would be normalised in any other context.
But it's definitely soured the experience for the rest of us.

Dupe

"The great secret of happiness in love is to be glad that the other fellow married her." – H.L. Mencken