rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Tijuana, Mexico City Guide 2014

This info is current from my living experience here the past year up to June 2014:

Getting Here:
You can either park at one of the 4 lots in San Ysidro and walk across the border or you can park at one of the hotels which I’ll list below.

Cabs:
Taxis run $3 for short rides in the city and $5 for long rides in the city. If you are going just outside the city to my house for instance it is $7. To the beach it is $13. There is a Gringo tax so always agree on the fare BEFORE entering the cab.

A word about drinking and driving: DO NOT DO IT! The city has begun cracking down and you will find yourself in a heap of trouble if you get caught. As well weapons of all kinds are illegal and your “medical marijuana” is as well so don’t be the dumb ass that forgot he had something on him. The prison sentence for this is 25 years and they do not mess around.

I have a driver for the daytime who speaks English and as well can take you anywhere for whatever you need. I used to have a nighttime one who told me he sells drugs on the side. Needless to say, I’m not interested in risking getting kidnapped so I stopped calling him.

Hotels: (Both just one block South of Ave Revolucion)
Hotel Ticuan- This is a super nice upscale hotel that would go for $100-200 a night in San Diego. They have a great bar and a killer restaurant. The rate is $50-60. They have a fully secured parking structure.
Hotel Aqua Rio- This is basically an old Motel 8 that has been converted to a very presentable hotel that would go for $80 in San Diego. The rate is $35-40. Recommendations are recommended for the weekends as they typically sell out. They as well have secured parking and a restaurant/bar. The owner Pillar is a super nice lady.

Food:
Revolucion Area:
Caesar’s Restaurant: Home of the legendary Caesar salad. The food is absolutely world class. They have a great amber microbrew that must be tried and after you have their Caeser salad they will all taste awful in comparison everywhere else. This is a good place to sit during the day and stop girls who are walking to work as well from their patio.
Tijuana Tilly’s: One of the best Mexican restaurants in town. They have live music on the weekends. There’s usually at least a girl or two to meet there.
Restaurant in Hotel Ticuan: A great choice for traditional Mexican food. They make the best omelets in town.
Vittorio’s: This is a classic Italian restaurant. The pasta is better than the pizza.

Zona Rio Area:
Villa Marina: Hands down the very best seafood restaurant I’ve ever been to in my life anywhere. This is a must experience along with Caesar’s.
Wasabi: This is the best sushi in town. Hector and Brian are great sushi chefs and Brian speaks English. They have a 3 rolls for $12 special.
Remedios: This is probably the overall best Mexican restaurant in town. The ambience is classic. There’s always girls there to meet too.

Chapultapec Area:
The Plaza Chapultapec has about 12 restaurants. The best of the bunch is a seafood restaurant that serves up 12 different types of tacos on the second floor. There are a metric ton of sexy mexy’s that pack this place as well as the bar next door most of whom speak perfect English. It really is incredible. This is a great reason to live in this neighborhood.
On this same street there are another 6 restaurants including a fantastic Argentinian steak house.

Daytime:
Go to Plaza Rio, then maybe Plaza Hipodromo both of which have movie theatres and get good foot traffic. I’ve met girls at the beach during the summer and as well walking around Revoluccion.

Nighttime:
Revoluccion Area:
Las Pulgas is a massive 4 salon club and is packed with sexy mexy’s. I’m not big on one night stands but if that is your thing then go here. Talk with 10 girls and 1-2 of them will go home with you that night or the next day. This is considered a low class place so do not take a girl from Chapultapec anywhere near here. Beers are $1.20. A warning that I learned the hard way. Do not stick your hand out to introduce yourself as the girl will think you are asking her to dance. Just click her glass or wave with your hand. Wednesday is ladies night.

Copeo: They have live Mexican rock music and this is probably the most fun of all the places to go. It gets a good selection of women.
Calle Sexta & Revoluccion: Stick with the Southwest corner of the street. This area is booming and you can always find good groups of 6-12 girls huddled together. The one exception is La Choperia on the Southeast corner is pretty decent.

Zona Rio Area:
Areas I have not yet been to are Plaza Fiesta and Plaza Amigo which are closer to the border and have 6 bars/clubs each. I’d like to check them out soon.

Le Conteiner: This is the first bar you’ll see after crossing the border by car and a good place to go.

Sotano Suizo: This is THE iconic TJ bar where the upper class go for happy hour and to watch soccer games. The food is great and it gets packed on Tuesday night for 2 for 1 beers. Go here on weeknights especially is you are starting earlier. If you are into meeting doctors, attorneys, etc this is the place.

Red Lion/La Revancha: The night to go is salsa night which I believe is Thursday night. It is within a half block of Sotano Suizo.

Bar Cheers: Everyone always says to go here and at the same time never have I ever been to a place where it is one no after another. The only connection I ever made there gave me a wrong number which is the only one I have ever received in Latin America. Go figure.

Tro Bar: This is a bar lit up with torches on the top of a government building with live music Wednesday through Sunday with a panoramic view of the city. This is also a very impressive date place.

Chapultapec Area:
Plaza Chapultapec: Wednesday is ladies night and it is wall to wall. There are three bars on the second floor. Hit all of them.
The Irish Bar: This is a local favorite across the street from the plaza.
Hangar: This is very hit and miss and closes down early. It is unique in that they play music videos in a year by year countdown from the 60’s to present.
Bar Classico: If you want to get dressed up this is the place to go and more or less took the place of the old Baby Rock for that type of experience.

+++Note I’ll update this as I’m planning on checking out the two plazas and as well going to some of the new restaurants with my friend who is a bit of a local “foodie”.

Great data sheet. I assume that if I was driving a rental car down from LA or SD that the rental contract would prohibit driving it into Mexico. So, is it easy to park it in San Ysidro, walk across the border, and take a cab to one of the hotels you mention and then take a cab back one or two nights later?

Quote: (06-09-2014 10:03 PM)Carlos100 Wrote:  

Great data sheet. I assume that if I was driving a rental car down from LA or SD that the rental contract would prohibit driving it into Mexico. So, is it easy to park it in San Ysidro, walk across the border, and take a cab to one of the hotels you mention and then take a cab back one or two nights later?

Car rental will probably not fly into Mexico. At the same time if you are driving your own car most policies cover you up to 50 miles south of the border. You'd have to check obviously. So to get to the hotel it will take you about 30 minutes total to park in the lot walk across the street and then hop into a cab. It's not as fast as Mexicali but pretty fast in general. I think you are looking at $30 per day for parking on the weekends while the parking is free at the hotels. Hotel Aqua Rio only has limited parking on the weekends as an fyi and it is first come first served. If you are shut out you can park in the next lot for $10. Hit me up and we'll go out.

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-36885.html

I will go to mexico by the end of the year and was thinking about visiting some city around.

Here what mexican friend advice me to do for 3/4 weeks around :

- México 4 days (air bnb or friend place)
- San Miguel de Allende 2 (with my friend with benefit)
- Guadalajara 3/4 airbnb i think
- Chiapas 5/6 days (airbnb or hôtel)
- Playa del carmen 5 days

I went to Tijuana when i was 20 years old when i stayed with my friend in San diego. We did take the tramway SD => Boarder then we crossed the boarder. Well i think 10 years ago it was kinda scary i can t imagine now haha [Image: confused.gif]

If anyone have any advice about most popular city in mexico lemme know i don t wanna miss something ;p

Quote: (06-10-2014 07:39 AM)ryansoldat Wrote:  

I will go to mexico by the end of the year and was thinking about visiting some city around.

I went to Tijuana when i was 20 years old when i stayed with my friend in San diego. We did take the tramway SD => Boarder then we crossed the boarder. Well i think 10 years ago it was kinda scary i can t imagine now haha [Image: confused.gif]

If anyone have any advice about most popular city in mexico lemme know i don t wanna miss something ;p

The most beautiful women hands down are in the states of Jalisco (Guadalajara) and Sinaloa (Culiacan and Mazatlan to a lesser degree). They are more Euro looking in Guadalajara. If you like the best asses in the world with straight jet black hair and dark eyes than nothing beats Sinaloa. Cualiacan is much bigger but not that great of a city while Mazatlan is awesome. The other city in Sinaloa is Los Mochis. This is the main drug cartel state so a lot of Americans are afraid to go there. My best advice is to avoid touristy areas like Plata Del Carmen. Mexico City is massive and not very easy to navigate.

Great sheet. I've hit multiple of those bars up, because I staying/working near Zona del Rios.

My experience-
Red lion- slow/empty.
Bar cheers- popping off. Waitress gave me a few promo tequila shots.
Irish bar- mixed crowd but everybody was in tight groups watching the sports TV. Got hooked up w/drinks here too.
Hit some random club (huge) that had 3-4 floors and bumping bass. Forgot the name.

Surprising highlight of the night was posting up at OXXO near bar cheers and sipping beers and smoking cigarettes- probably around 11.30pm. Started chopping it up w/this young mexican cat who had 7-8 hot girls w/him. He then called his private driver to pick him and the crew up.

I really enjoyed TJ and will be back in the near future.

WIA- For most of men, our time being masters of our own fate, kings in our own castles is short. Even those of us in the game will eventually succumb to ease of servitude rather than deal with the malaise of solitude

Quote: (06-10-2014 10:51 AM)Tijuana American Wrote:  

The most beautiful women hands down are in the states of Jalisco (Guadalajara) and Sinaloa (Culiacan and Mazatlan to a lesser degree). They are more Euro looking in Guadalajara. If you like the best asses in the world with straight jet black hair and dark eyes than nothing beats Sinaloa. Cualiacan is much bigger but not that great of a city while Mazatlan is awesome. The other city in Sinaloa is Los Mochis. This is the main drug cartel state so a lot of Americans are afraid to go there. My best advice is to avoid touristy areas like Plata Del Carmen. Mexico City is massive and not very easy to navigate.

This makes me want to book a trip for Sinaloa right NOW:

https://www.google.com/search?safe=off&s...de+sinaloa

[Image: tard.gif]

If those pics are a true indicator of the talent on the ground there, they are right up there with best of Colombia and Brazil.

Quote: (06-10-2014 05:06 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

If those pics are a true indicator of the talent on the ground there, they are right up there with best of Colombia and Brazil.

You should see the girl I met from there. I'm going to see her next month. Absolutely 100% unreal solid 9+! She should really consider modeling her ass.

Hey brother I'm new to this forum but I live in Hollywood and have been down to TJ a lot back in my younger days. Anyways, I've recently been making my rounds around South America and I'm thinking TJ is so close that I would like to hang out there for a few days, practice my Spanish, and hit up the lovely ladies. I'm thinking mid week to avoid the weekend craziness. I applied for my global entry pass since I do travel a lot and I do believe it has a Sentri pass on it so going back and forth should be less of a hassle.

And hell, it's way closer than Vegas!!!!!

Quote: (06-10-2014 07:13 PM)Alix Wrote:  

Hey brother I'm new to this forum but I live in Hollywood and have been down to TJ a lot back in my younger days. Anyways, I've recently been making my rounds around South America and I'm thinking TJ is so close that I would like to hang out there for a few days, practice my Spanish, and hit up the lovely ladies. I'm thinking mid week to avoid the weekend craziness. I applied for my global entry pass since I do travel a lot and I do believe it has a Sentri pass on it so going back and forth should be less of a hassle.

And hell, it's way closer than Vegas!!!!!

Yep I'm new here too and just got on it to meet new people to go out with down here. I've gone out here too many times by myself already. Wednesday night is ladies night. Thursday and Tuesday are okay. Monday night is DEAD. Hit me up.

I'm heading down there this evening. Reservation is at Hotel Ticuan. Eating at La Justina. Hoping to meet up with TA, after, or just head out solo. Full trip report coming.

Quote: (06-10-2014 06:12 PM)Tijuana American Wrote:  

Quote: (06-10-2014 05:06 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

You should see the girl I met from there. I'm going to see her next month. Absolutely 100% unreal solid 9+! She should really consider modeling her ass.

This music video pretty much sums up Culiacan, Sinaloa and the bitches there. I'll be there in December hopefully.

^^^ What kind of music is that? And this is the second video I've noticed them driving a Camaro. Are Camaros a big deal in Mexico?

I was wondering what will be the budget for 2 or 3 weeks in Mexico (flight ticket excluded)

I can have fews day in some mexican friend place but i was thinking like 1500/2000 euros ? Is the night life is expensive ?

Thanks

What kind of shape are the Mexicans in? I'm reading with some concern the sad trend of quickly rising Mexican obesity.

Quote: (07-04-2014 07:37 AM)Vicious Wrote:  

What kind of shape are the Mexicans in? I'm reading with some concern the sad trend of quickly rising Mexican obesity.

There are tons of fat Mexican women. It's one of the first things you notice upon arrival. Basically any woman over 25 is fat. And by 30 it's a virtual guarantee. I think the exception may be the more stylish, wealthier, Westernized Mexicans. But overall, it's the same as the USA, fatties everywhere.

Coko Bongo club pictures.

^^^
WNB

Ugh. That corn based diet is not doing anyone any favors.

[Image: team-america-puking-up-a-storm.gif]

The only hot Mexican girls I saw in Mexico were in Cancun Airport, Mexico City, and Playa Del Carmen. I reckon most were from Mexico City.

The rest look like they grow horizontally once they reach 5ft.

The US and Mexico battle it out every year for #1 in obesity per capita among major nations.

(I think the actual number one per capita is some small South Pacific island which is of course small in absolute numbers of obese people).

Could you do me a big favor OP? Could you the next time you are out, just ask about the prices of houses for a 2 bedroom 80 sqm and up... Alot of the prices online are 3 to 500,000 pesos for a new 2 bedroom town house but I remember prices being as low as 10 or 20,000 USD for a 2 bedroom town house (Guadalajara and Mexico City)

I am def buying a house in Mexico.

A bad case of oneitis in Tijuana...
[Image: 2wmhzj4.jpg]

Quote: (07-04-2014 10:42 PM)BadWolf Wrote:  

Could you do me a big favor OP? Could you the next time you are out, just ask about the prices of houses for a 2 bedroom 80 sqm and up... Alot of the prices online are 3 to 500,000 pesos for a new 2 bedroom town house but I remember prices being as low as 10 or 20,000 USD for a 2 bedroom town house (Guadalajara and Mexico City)

I am def buying a house in Mexico.

I really don't see the point in buying real estate in Mex. Zero appreciation, 100% liability, zero ability to refinance against it, rent is beyond cheap, and the 100 year leasehold laws still apply if you are buying south of the border. There are real estate agents there I can refer you to though if you are wanting to buy.