rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

True that 50% of Taiwanese men and 23% of girls had ONS's?

http://focustaiwan.tw/news/asoc/201406070017.aspx

Quote:Quote:

As many as over 40 percent of Taiwanese college students -- both male and female -- have regretted their decisions to have sex, according to a survey released Saturday.

Among the 2,054 college students who responded to the poll conducted by the Taiwan Association for Sexuality Education, 44.1 percent of men and 30 percent of women said they have engaged in heterosexual sex.

Despite the apparent gap, 45 percent of male respondents and 43 percent of female respondents said they have regretted it after hooking up, according to Ferng Jia-yuh, secretary-general of the association.

Meanwhile, only 30 percent of men and 28 percent of women said they or their partners use condoms. Over 50 percent of men and 23 percent of women in the survey said they have had at least one one-night stand.

Among the respondents, sexually active men lost their virginity at 17 years old on average, while sexually active women lost theirs at 18 on average.

Taiwan is considerably more open to one-night-stand culture than Korea and Thailand

The biggest indication of this is the western-style dance-floor culture and the American influence.

On my first visit to a club in Taipei, after seven months in Korea, my first words were literally "Oh my god, people are dancing together! :O"

You can have a HELL of a lot of fun with dancefloor game in Taipei. Excellent place to role solo (unlike Bangkok and it's drinking-at-tables). Make-outs are easy and girls are up for leaving the club with you PROVIDING you have game.

I would believe that a Taiwanese guy is more likely to have had a one night stand than a Korean guy.

The downside of Taiwan is that the girls are very notably Americanised/Westernised in comparison to Thai girls. If you go to Myst/Spark/Lava/Room18 you'll get PLENTY of harsh blow-outs, as if you're still in Britain/America. A night at Myst is almost comical in it's hostility. Then again, it's MUCH worse in Korea. In Taipei you have Luxy which is bloody awesome.

In terms of '44.1% of Taiwanese college students having had a one-night stand' though. I personally don't believe that. Taiwanese university culture is incredibly stagnant. It doesn't involve much (if any) drinking from what I've heard. On top of that, there's barely any drinking culture in Taiwan. There are like 5 main clubs in the capital. You see the same people all the time. 95% of girls don't go drinking. The vast majority of young people go to the KTV with friends and drink bubble tea.

The guys getting the majority of the one night-stands are the Taiwanese-Americans. They run the show in Taipei

Quote: (06-08-2014 07:31 AM)LeightonBlackstock Wrote:  

The guys getting the majority of the one night-stands are the Taiwanese-Americans. They run the show in Taipei

Agreed - my babysitter when I went to Taipei was my Taiwanese American friend and he's getting it left and right. He has to hide the fact that he studied in America since he gets so many gold digging 10's.

Quote: (06-08-2014 07:31 AM)LeightonBlackstock Wrote:  

The downside of Taiwan is that the girls are very notably Americanised/Westernised in comparison to Thai girls. If you go to Myst/Spark/Lava/Room18 you'll get PLENTY of harsh blow-outs, as if you're still in Britain/America. A night at Myst is almost comical in it's hostility. Then again, it's MUCH worse in Korea. In Taipei you have Luxy which is bloody awesome.

Ha... I've mentioned it before on this forum, but one of my all-time favorite blow-outs was at Myst.

My Mandarin is reasonably on-point, to the degree that I pass Turing Tests as a Taiwanese native-speaker to Chinese nationals.

Young people in Taiwan usually can tell I'm a foreigner pretty easily though, because I look/dress/talk differently.

One time at Myst a chick was walking by me so I opened her (in Mandarin), only to have her scream back in my face "YOUR CHINESE SUCKS!"

To which I was like

[Image: wb2.gif]

#NoSingleMoms
#NoHymenNoDiamond
#DontWantDaughters