rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

My son was placed in a class full of girls [re-titled]

The title is a reference to the gender composition of my son's 3rd grade class next year. As this year wound down, the students found out who their teachers will be in the coming year, and who would be in the class.

Unsolicited and out of the blue, my son tells me that next year he and 3 other boys will be sharing a classroom with 20 girls. Perhaps he's mistaken, but he said the exact same thing to his mother, and it would be an odd proclamation for him to simply make up. For now at least, I'm inclined to believe it, much to my apprehension and dismay.

Having seen enough of his school programs, encompassing all the students of his elementary school, I've seen a fairly equal number of boys and girls, and most certainly not a 5-1 ratio, which leads me to wonder what goes into a decision of forming a classroom with such a tilted balance of the sexes, especially at this age.

1. I'm mistaken and there really are that many more girls than boys.
- Possible.

2. The classes are made up at random and this just happened.
- Again, possible, but unlikely.

3. Perhaps another class will have far more boys than girls to balance this out.
- Possible, but it leaves me dubious about the school's methods and decisions.

4. Class makeup is entirely intentional and done for purpose yet to be ascertained if ever.
- Being from this corner of the internet, I'm leaning this way. The education system in this country is what it is, and it's controlled by whom it's controlled by. The question here would be why.

By all measures my son has done well in school thus far, and while he hasn't seem particularly troubled by any subject, he' also got the familiar element of being bored with the curriculum in places, which reminds me of myself all throughout school, so I don't worry too much about it. He's social and has plenty of friends, and comes home from school long enough to eat something, and then he's back out with them until dinner time most nights. His teachers have never complained about his behavior, so this certainly can't be a placing based on that. I'll have to find out who the other 3 boys are, and see if I can make any observations.

It would be unfortunate if being stuck in an already feminized educational system and having the compounded by an abundance of female classmates interfered with what's been nothing but positive development for him so far. The only male I've seen in that school is the principal, so there's little chance he will have a male teacher to provide even a little bit of balance to all this, although I can only imagine what a male 3rd teacher would be like these days. (No offense to any elementary schools teachers here)

All I know is I'll be watching him like a hawk next year to ensure he's not fucked over in the name of what could be another feel-good experiment in the public education system. And any parent-teacher meeting next year that involves my son becoming problematic in class is going to get colorful.

I couldn't imagine spending all the time surrounded by 8 and 9 year old girls, who are on the cusp of their transformation in modern empowered wymyn, and probably already showing the signs of their futures in committing cuntrocities against the opposite sex. (especially in 2014) And looking back on being in grade school, I realized just how much interaction I had with my male classmates, and how important that was in me becoming well adjusted individual, even though I changed schools 3 times before 4th grade. It's how I learned to interact with other people and make new friends when I lost my old ones. Socializing with girls was never given much thought because the immense divide between them and us was simply so obvious.

I think they actually put some thought into how they makeup the classes, so this seems strange. I believe even at 3rd grade they do standardized testing and I believe they structure the classes somewhat based off of that as well as probably behavior and other things as to balance things out as well in terms of behavior of kids as well as educational level. I think because of larger class sizes teachers tehse days rely on some kids helping other kids or working in pairs or groups so it benefits them to have some more gifted kids with some kids who may be a little behind.

This would bother me for a couple reasons. First more girls are going to college these days, study after study shows girls get more attention in class from teachers. I forget the reason whether its that girls are more likely to raise their hands and participate or whether its that more teachers are female and favor girls. Whatever it is its a fact. i would worry about with such as small nubmer of boys their voices would get drowned out by all the girls and they wont get the attention and education they would with a more mixed class.

My other concern is it would make my kid kinda soft. Don't get me wrong in middle school or high school I woulda loved those ratios hhowever not so much as a third grader.

I think elementary school is where kids kinda develope negotiation skills and skills fo getting along with and challenging other guys. I think he'd miss out on this being in a class of all females. Also any class projects or group projects it will be him and like 6 girls so everything will be geared towards girls.

Is your son doing exceptionally well in school? It might be a result of academic segregation. If young girls are doing better in a feminized school system than young boys are on average, this just might be how the salt shook out this time.

You might politely ask the school system about it - about why it happened. Express your concern that your boy might not get as good of an opportunity to make male friends with such a gender ratio in the class. If you act curious and open to new ideas, they might let slip any examples of social engineering. It's highly unlikely that they decided to single your boy out for any social experimentation - after all, what are they going to do with the other boys?

On the bright side, your boy will probably make very good friends with the other boys in the class by default. If the class is more orderly and well-mannered, it might help him to be in such an environment if he's a naturally studious kid. Furthermore, this might be a good way to get him inured to tactical dealing with girls on a daily basis - a mindset that might reap large rewards in the future.

Check out my occasionally updated travel thread - The Wroclaw Gambit II: Dzięki Bogu - as I prepare to emigrate to Poland.

Tactical, not tactile. [Image: banana.gif]

Check out my occasionally updated travel thread - The Wroclaw Gambit II: Dzięki Bogu - as I prepare to emigrate to Poland.

Your son is one of the smarter boys in his year and has been put into a class of similar academic level with his peers.

Quote: (06-01-2014 03:57 PM)Foolsgo1d Wrote:  

Your son is one of the smarter boys in his year and has been put into a class of similar academic level with his peers.

^ Most likely explanation. The IQ of girls tends to be higher than boys when younger. They start averaging out during high school and then boys overtake the girls by the end of it. It's related to how girls emotionally-mature quicker than boys, but then seem to stop in a high school mindset, unless challenged and deepened by life.

Quote: (06-01-2014 04:05 PM)AnonymousBosch Wrote:  

^ Most likely explanation. The IQ of girls tends to be higher than boys when younger. They start averaging out during high school and then boys overtake the girls by the end of it. It's related to how girls emotionally-mature quicker than boys, but then seem to stop in a high school mindset, unless challenged and deepened by life.

I agree with Foolsgo1d but disagree with you AnonymousBosch. From what I have read the issue is that in American/Canada schools push reading and writing on boys too early. Developmentally most boys don't do read and write well until grade 2. The problem is that since they're pushed into it too early, they think they're not good at school and so stop trying hard.

Statistically they are now seeing performance between boys and girls detach around grade 4 and 5, at which point in begins to snowball and you see girls applying to university at a 50% higher rate than boys.

Be sure to spend some quality time alone with him, and that he socializes with other men.

A little washed down red pill philosophy will also come in handy, like "son, dont take women too seriously" or something like that.

As long as you make sure he doesnt falls for the feminist agenda, this could be a defining point in his future game. Being able to navigate around women and feel comfortable interacting with them, plus, understanding women hierarchical society from such an early age, will turn him into a pussy slaying monster when he is around 18-19...

Is there a male 3rd grade teacher? Parents go out of their way to get their kids out of a class with male teachers at that age.

It sounds like he is in the gifted track. Tends to have more girls.

Of course, that feminizes the environment. I remember my AP English class having only two guys in it. When everyone said their favorite novel at the start of the class, my suggestion of Fight Club did not go over well. I ended dropping out because I had zero interest in spending that much time reading Jane Austen novels.

Read my work on Return of Kings here.

Ehm... Are you sure your son's classroom's gender ratio belongs here as a thread?

Tch. Thought this would be a datasheet on how to do orgies.

"The whole point of being alpha, is doing what the fuck you want.
That's why you see real life alphas without chicks. He's doing him.

Real alphas don't tend to have game. They don't tend to care about the emotional lives of the people around them."

-WIA

Quote: (06-01-2014 07:49 PM)SpiderKing Wrote:  

Tch. Thought this would be a datasheet on how to do orgies.
That's precisely the reason why this thread is named like this. False advertisement, even trickery to get people to take a look. An honest question in a thread named ''my son is in a class full of girls'' would be more appreciated.

Don't use vague or misleading thread titles.

20% Warning for OP.

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

I have not seen any empirical evidence that the IQ of girls is higher than that of boys, when young. It appears to be the IQ of boys that has increase in variance with the nascent of puberty, especially in math-like domains, where we even see an advantage in mean.

Grades are a function of conscientiousness and IQ, the former of which girls pretty much always appear to have an advantage in.

I suppose it is only later in life that the fatter right-tail of male intelligence starts to swamp out all else.

So if OP's son's school is sorting by grades, I am in agreement that it is unsurprising that the class is predominantly girls at this page.

#NoSingleMoms
#NoHymenNoDiamond
#DontWantDaughters

Quote: (06-01-2014 08:23 PM)Kabal Wrote:  

I have not seen any empirical evidence that the IQ of girls is higher than that of boys, when young. It appears to be the IQ of boys that has increase in variance with the nascent of puberty, especially in math-like domains, where we even see an advantage in mean.

Grades are a function of conscientiousness and IQ, the former of which girls pretty much always appear to have an advantage in.

I suppose it is only later in life that the fatter right-tail of male intelligence starts to swamp out all else.

So if OP's son's school is sorting by grades, I am in agreement that it is unsurprising that the class is predominantly girls at this page.

Been some research into it that I've read. Think of IQ as potential horsepower, and it isn't fixed - the brain keeps growing until about 20 or so. Girls get an earlier advantage in cognitive development as the neural pathways restructure during learning, so they start to learn more efficiently at around age 10, when guys start this process between 15-20.

Keep in mind, we're talking averages and about 5 IQ points at most, which is still enough to influence class size in a school.

Here's an article explaining the cognitive differences I'm talking about, (though he admits he eventual IQ could be also explained by height):

Girls Are More Intelligent Than Boys, But Men Are More Intelligent Than Women

I was a player when I was that age. I would have loved it.

Do you have a source for that? (Google yields me nothing but stories of young Mensa kids.)

From what I observed, girls did better early on because they were rule followers and elementary school teachers are anal-retentive about following things to the letter.

I remember there was one boy in our class who was an art genius and both his parents were artists. But his final score in art was a "B" because -- get this -- several of his project papers were out of order in his folder.

Then there was me. Top reader in the class. Blew past even the brainacs. But my reading brilliance got me yelled at and my desk was put in the hallway for a whole week. Why? Because I read our entire "reader" in one weekend and the assignment was to read the first story, not read the whole book ahead of time. My dad was even called up to school for this one.

So, this was how the best boy in art and the best boy in reading were encouraged in my elementary school.

Meanwhile the dullards got the high marks because they did as they were told. I remember them all being girls and all being "teacher's pets." By third grade, I'd totally tuned out of school. I assume there are millions of stories like mine and I think that's the answer to why boys don't do as well.

Are there any boys' schools left? Or have they all been done away with by anti-discrimination lawsuits?

If only you knew how bad things really are.

Days of Broken Arrows, I have a full explanation below.

If you want to know more than my explanation, look into neurological research surrounding the size of compartments of the human mind and how they differ between men and women. Also, looking into neurolgical research surrounding how female minds are wired more side to side and male minds are wired front to back, and how that affects development.

Also, another area of research to look into is to how testosterone vs estrogen affect the behavioral development of men vs women from the day that they are born.

IQ does not have much variability over the lifetime of a person. It is an inborn trait that appears to represent a person's raw ability to recognize patterns that exist among seemingly unrelated abstract things.

From what I have seen, IQ is largely unrelated to a person's ability to emote and socialize with others. This is to the point where psychologists have devised EQ (emotional quotient) as a way to measure social intelligence.

Girls learning social skills faster than boys is due to evolutionary pressures driving male and female minds to develop slightly differently. Neurological research and research into the affects of hormones (estrogen vs testosterone) on differences in behavioral development have shown that female brains have developed in a way where they can learn how to socialize better than males with estrogen driving them to learn social skills faster and male brains have developed to be better at task completion and spatial reasoning with testosterone driving them to understand these concepts faster.

Neurological and hormonal research goes far more in depth then this basic overview (and is a lot more accurate), but I think anyone interested in human behavior should look into this kind of research because it is fascinating.

Regardless, girls doing better in school only to be overtaken by boys at a much later age is a classic representation of nurture vs nature. Due to feminism, the culture has moved far enough to the side of women where girls are now expected to do better in school. Add to this that boys due to biological programming are designed in a way where they are less likely to listen to and respect the authority of a female. You have a scenario where girls will "win" in school... at first.

Due to higher level of randomness among men and their respective IQ, there is a significant subset of boys with a high level of intelligence. This subset is larger than women who have a more tightly grouped IQ. The significant subset of boys that were born with a high IQ eventually float to the top, either by being great test takers or are simply intellectually talented enough that they can begin succeeding in school regardless of behavior problems. Combine this with men having superior spatial reasoning, and this is why men dominate math and science (subsequently the engineering and science profession) regardless of feminism driving girls to overtake boys in school and the professional world.

I realize what I said is not totally related to what Bosch said, but I love this shit and wanted to go on lengthy tangents.

Quote: (06-01-2014 10:32 PM)All or Nothing Wrote:  

IQ does not have much variability over the lifetime of a person. It is an inborn trait that appears to represent a person's raw ability to recognize patterns that exist among seemingly unrelated abstract things.

From what I have seen, IQ is largely unrelated to a person's ability to emote and socialize with others. This is to the point where psychologists have devised EQ (emotional quotient) as a way to measure social intelligence.

Read the second post I put up above. What you're talking about is what I'm talking about: the cognitive links forming earlier in female brains that promote earlier learning but men have surpassed by 20. Recent schools of thought are suggestive of a more fluid model of IQ, including degradation with loss of sensory input due to aging - particularly hearing damage being related to losses in memory - and the effects of certain drugs, like pot.

With emotion, the links form between hemispheres in girls - girls process it left and right. Male brains don't usually do this. I've also been reading that the way young men are now processing information in smaller bites due to internet culture is having negative effects on cortisol levels in male brains, increasing stress and aggressiveness, and the emotional neural links that should be forming, aren't. It's fascinating stuff.

What was the original title?

Quote: (06-02-2014 12:27 AM)eradicator Wrote:  

What was the original title?

>20 girls and 4 boys.

Just so you know, you can find out by seeing the title of the individual post. I often look at the second post(the first after the original post), and I would know. The original post would be retitled, obviously.

Quote: (06-01-2014 09:56 PM)puckerman Wrote:  

I was a player when I was that age. I would have loved it.

This. OP stop cockblocking your son.

/s

Honestly, I think this is a good chance for your son to learn how to interact with girls at a young age. This could be a good opportunity for growth and will contribute to better social skills and success with the opposite sex in the future.

The only thing I'd say is make sure he's getting masculine interaction with you and socialize him with other boys his age outside of school. Sports would be good for getting his dose of masculine socialization.

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling