rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

DC - anyone renting out their place for inauguration?

craig's list is on fire with places being rented out.

I wonder if I should rent my spot out, and then stay in some place like Chantilly for a day or 2.

I'll charge you $100 to sit in my lap.

The hotel costs have tripled already. Traditionally, right before the inauguration hotels jack up their rates because they know people are coming into town for the event. I heard in a news story that they've had to jack up their rates earlier because people have been booking earlier because of the excitement of it. As far as I've heard everything is booked in DC proper. Go Obama, eh?

Quote: (11-19-2008 05:03 PM)Trotter Wrote:  

I'll charge you $100 to sit in my lap.

The hotel costs have tripled already. Traditionally, right before the inauguration hotels jack up their rates because they know people are coming into town for the event. I heard in a news story that they've had to jack up their rates earlier because people have been booking earlier because of the excitement of it. As far as I've heard everything is booked in DC proper. Go Obama, eh?

Yeah it's pretty serious. Folks in my neighborhood (LoCi) are listing their apartments @ 1,000+ a night.

I saw the listings too. but i wonder how many are actually going for the desired price

Quote: (11-24-2008 01:31 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

I saw the listings too. but i wonder how many are actually going for the desired price

I think all of the area hotels are booked. I don't know about 1,000, but I could definitely get 300. But 300 bucks to not sleep in my own bed?

I dunno.

I'm going to wait till 2 weeks before, and start around $5k obo (yes I'm highballing). I'm close to a metro and inside the beltway in va.

i'm going to offer tours and drop-off/pick-up and metro assistance.... any more ideas I can milk in there?

Mini-bar with the finest spirits

ohyea I was going to include meals and crap like that so I guess alcohol works too. thanks.

Quote: (12-02-2008 12:04 AM)james Wrote:  

I'm going to wait till 2 weeks before, and start around $5k obo (yes I'm highballing). I'm close to a metro and inside the beltway in va.

i'm going to offer tours and drop-off/pick-up and metro assistance.... any more ideas I can milk in there?

Wow. (if you can get 5....hmm)

Campgrounds are sold out!